played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
Hello, Goodbye (sd)
POSTED ON Feb 20, 2022 6:59:08 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
After his last "date", Felix had a hard time showing up to the table. But, alas, he was never the type to give up. So with a begrudging expression that spelled out his dismay, the tall man slugged his way towards the next designated table.

"Felix." Was all he said before slumping down in his seat.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Hello, Goodbye (sd)
POSTED ON Feb 22, 2022 4:51:43 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Benicio sits there, poised and welcoming, as his next date slumps into his chair with the simplest introduction the bishop has heard yet. "Greetings, Felix. I'm Ben." He supposes the fragrant pink mist his SPRITZEE has encircled their table with (AROMATHERAPY) does little to brighten the lad's mood. At least, not immediately.

After a brief pause, the red-head chuckles. "This may be the furthest thing from a confessional, but... is there something you'd like to get off your chest, perhaps? I am a certified bishop, you know."

💼 TURN 1/4

close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
Hello, Goodbye (sd)
POSTED ON Feb 22, 2022 5:40:45 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
A bishop? It'd been a while since Felix interacted with anything remotely religious. It reminded him too much of his parents, and of home, and of August. Scrunching his nose, Felix's gaze drifted down to his companion, Mars. The prickly Krokorok had found himself in a sneezing fit after the cloud of fragrance washed over them, leaving the pokemon more irritated than when they first arrived.

"No, I'm good." Felix responded, his voice distant. With eyes still stuck onto his pokemon, he continued. "I...I don't really care for religion."

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Hello, Goodbye (sd)
POSTED ON Feb 25, 2022 5:23:58 GMT
Deleted Avatar

Not one to ignore the discomfort of a nearby pokemon, Benicio waves DIOR and her AROMATHERAPY off. She huffs, somewhat indignantly, at the fact. But, eventually, she sees the sniffling reptile below as well and relents.

"Oh..." The bishop responds, not quite as dejectedly as one might think. More than anything, it's clear he's curious. "And why's that, if you don't mind me asking? Bad experience?"

💼 TURN 2/4

close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
Hello, Goodbye (sd)
POSTED ON Feb 25, 2022 5:46:17 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
Felix nodded, eyes shifting to the man's left, caught on some woman's brightly colored hat. "You could say that..." His voice trailed off for a moment, allowing a brief pause to wash over them. When did he stop following his parent's faith? Ten, eleven? It was hard to remember - trauma tends to make one forget a lot.

"It just never seems to help."

@tag

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Hello, Goodbye (sd)
POSTED ON Feb 25, 2022 5:59:20 GMT
Deleted Avatar

The man never makes eye contact and, frankly, it limits the depths in which Benicio hopes to reach him. Kind eyes and a welcoming expression were the tools he'd employed as a community priest for years. Though, he supposed, words were always his greatest weapon.

Words and faith.

"Mm... I suppose that ultimately depends on your definition of religion. One thing I can tell you is that it's more than just worship and prayer." He responds, lifting his cup of tea for a quick sip. "It's ultimately about bringing people together for a greater good... perhaps you can stop by the Duomo Santa Maria in Lilycove sometime. I'll show you." He suggests with a smile.

Even if he didn't accept his offer now, at least he'd know where to find him if he ever needed someone to listen.

💼 TURN 3/4

close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
Hello, Goodbye (sd)
POSTED ON Feb 25, 2022 6:30:52 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar

Words carried themselves from the priest to the deaf man, but as always, his thick aura of disregard reflected his effect.

"Hm."

'Greater good'. It was a bundle of words that led some of the most twisted missions he had taken part of. It was also a term his father would weaponize against him, 'its for the greater good, son.'

But, before more words could be exchanged between them, the familiar chime of the alarm rang out. Glancing back towards the man, Felix offered an amicable nod.

"Well, see you."

@tag

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Hello, Goodbye (sd)
POSTED ON Feb 25, 2022 6:36:17 GMT
Deleted Avatar

The end to their little meeting had gone as Benicio expected from the start. Though, that wasn't that impressive a prediction, quite frankly. The short amount of time they had and the man's apparent indifference practically ensured it.

Regardless, the bishop was thankful to have at least imparted some words, his name, and his current church. Some reacted to religion and the religious with scorn, especially when they felt they'd been wronged by it. But Felix had been civil— and that meant a world of difference.

He waves goodbye. "Take care, friend."

💼 TURN 4/4

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,933 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Hello, Goodbye (sd)
POSTED ON Feb 26, 2022 5:09:50 GMT
shiv Avatar

SPEED DATE COMPLETE!

[player]https://a.tumblr.com/tumblr_r6psfwxKOx1yrg70yo1.mp3[/player]
Parfum Palace - Pokémon X & Y OST

A BELL DINGS, announcing the curtain call for round one. Immediately, a shuffling of chairs and flustered movement can be heard. Awkward goodbyes accompany the brisk steps of Pokémon partners as they cascade across the polished flooring.

Before you leave your table, perhaps you'd like to take a sweet treat?

REWARDS