he/him
September 28
Petalburg City
homosexual
park ranger
cadet
15 height
15 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
63 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aster
aster rousseau
Another Blocked Path [M]
POSTED ON Feb 28, 2022 5:27:57 GMT
aster rousseau Avatar
"Ah, shit. Not again."

At this point Aster swears that half a ranger's job is dealing with snorlaxs falling asleep in the most inconvenient places possible. He can't really blame the pokemon this time; route 117 is definitely up there in the top 10 most relaxing places in Hoenn (even he has had an occasional nap by the fountain here), but of course the big lug decided to pass out right in front of the entrance to Mauville City.

Aster puts his hands on his hips and looks at the creature disapprovingly but full of affection, not unlike a father who has caught his toddler attempting to draw on the walls with crayons.

"I hate to wake you pal," he mumbles to himself. And he really does, both because the poor thing must be exhausted and because disturbing its slumber could possibly have destructive repercussions. He sighs to himself as he envisions the sleep deprived pokemon rampaging over the lovely gardens of 117 and picks up the radio from his belt.

"This is ranger Rousseau requesting back-up at Mauville's east entrance. We've got another sleeping snorlax issue. Better safe than sorry."

It suddenly hits him that his horoscope for today was right on the nose. He was feeling stuck and blocked on the path to his goals.

@warren
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Another Blocked Path [M]
POSTED ON Mar 5, 2022 0:24:59 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Warren got the call, and he was there to answer. Not because he wanted to. Because he had to. It was something he was slowly learning, as a cadet.

It was something he definitely was learning after being such a top tier member of team Rocket.

He wandered down the path of route 117, his Torracat following after him as he reached the meeting site that the other ranger had called from. And from there, their situation was starkly obvious.

"Hmph. Seems like a pain," he grumbled to himself, his Torracat making a rough meowing noise in response.

"Rousseau."

His greeting was simple, having gathered at least one name over the radio.
close tab

played by

Popcorn

he/him
September 28
Petalburg City
homosexual
park ranger
cadet
15 height
15 height
awards
63 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aster
aster rousseau
Another Blocked Path [M]
POSTED ON Mar 5, 2022 6:53:04 GMT
aster rousseau Avatar
"Oh hi, call me Aster. Might as well be friendly in the face of this... absurdity, right?" Aster offers a hand to the fellow cadet. "I've been trying to brainstorm some solutions, but all I've got is having my bellossom use sweet scent to keep its guard down.'" Aster awkwardly rubs the back of his neck, cheeks flushing. "And, uh, yeah... I have no idea what to do after that. Any ideas? I'm not the best at battling either but I'll support in any way can if it comes to it."

Aster turns his attention back to the slumbering giant and sighs loud for what feels like the hundredth time. He's just starting feel the gears of his brain turning, attempting to form a workable plan, when he remembers to ask:

"By the way, what's your zodiac sign?

@warren
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Another Blocked Path [M]
POSTED ON Mar 6, 2022 4:40:21 GMT
Deleted Avatar
That was something that he hadn't gotten used to. The friendliness that everyone in the League, or everyone he had met thus far, had displayed to him. Warren was used to being straightforward, niceties set aside.

No wonder many found him cold or unapproachable.

He took Aster's hand and shook it, a firm grasp like that of a business man.

"Warren," he offered.

Warren listened to what Aster had to offer on the situation so far. So, they had a pesky SNORLAX. That much was obvious. And his fellow ranger offered half of a solution. So...

"If we are going to get it to move without attacking it, why not use its weakness? These things love to eat. We could lower its guard with your BELLOSSOM's SWEET SCENT and then entice it to move with food. It's a glutton, after all."

However, after a moment's pause, Aster brought up Zodiac signs.

"My... what?"
close tab

played by

Popcorn

he/him
September 28
Petalburg City
homosexual
park ranger
cadet
15 height
15 height
awards
63 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aster
aster rousseau
Another Blocked Path [M]
POSTED ON Mar 18, 2022 3:02:55 GMT
aster rousseau Avatar
Aster was passively impressed with Warren's firm handshake. He didn't seem like any of the rangers he had worked with thus far. Warren had an air of calculation and sophistication, something Aster wasn't used to dealing with, especially on the job. He wondered for a moment if he was actually on undercover boss and if his every action was being scrutinized. Well, whatever... that was highly unlikely and he didn't know how to act like anyone but himself regardless.

He listened intently as the other trainer completed his plan with ease.

"Ooh, yeah, that's a great idea! I think I have a couple Poke Puffs in my bag." Aster began rifling through his belongings only to come to an abrupt stop at the revelation that his partner didn't know about zodiac signs.

"Your zodiac sign? Well, it's like this symbol that reflects the position of the sun when you were born. It, like, gives insight to your personality and stuff. If you tell me your birth date, I can give you a basic rundown of your sign." Aster's eyes glittered at the possible chance to rant about one of his favorite topics. The mission at hand momentarily forgotten.

@warren
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Another Blocked Path [M]
POSTED ON Mar 27, 2022 1:39:08 GMT
Deleted Avatar
With his plan approved, Aster began to dig for food to feed the lazy SNORLAX. Meanwhile, Warren stepped aside to assess the situation further.

He wondered where exactly was a good spot to move this beast to.

"Stars? Huh. That sounds... fake," he said rather bluntly, his eyebrows furrowed together.

"My birthday is May 7th..." he admitted, however.
close tab

played by

Popcorn

he/him
September 28
Petalburg City
homosexual
park ranger
cadet
15 height
15 height
awards
63 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aster
aster rousseau
Another Blocked Path [M]
POSTED ON Mar 28, 2022 23:17:19 GMT
aster rousseau Avatar
"Fake? Well sure, a lot of people feel that way and it's more of a pseudo-science but I think there's some truth behind it. At the very least, it can help people be a bit more introspective or think more about their relationships." Aster paused his rifling for moment and put a hand to his chin. "May 7th," he hummed, "That makes you a Taurus!" He smiled to himself at how fitting that seemed (if he said that out loud, he was sure Warren would call it confirmation bias). "Key characteristics of Taurus include being practical, well-grounded and tenacious. In relationships you may tend to be more reserved and quiet. A Taurus is typically considered stubborn too."

Aster turned his attention back to his bag, "So, does that seem like it describes you?"

"Ah-ha! Here we go!" Aster pulled out two slightly crumpled sweet Poke Puffs. He smiled sheepishly. "Think this will do the trick?"

@warren

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Another Blocked Path [M]
POSTED ON Apr 18, 2022 15:49:08 GMT
Deleted Avatar
The other ranger began to spout his nonsense about his star sign, claiming he was a... Taurus? Whatever that meant. However, Warren gave him his attention, at least, as he went on about what different characteristics meant.

"I don't know if that would really suit me..."

Perhaps he was exhibiting a bias, acting unsure about the star signs deliberately because it sounded ridiculous. And, perhaps, he didn't want to say that it sounded true and prove Aster right.

Aster pulled out the treats, showing them to Warren. He nodded.

"I believe so. Let's see if this will work. Is your BELLOSSOM ready to make sure it stays calm?"

Warren took the treats, holding them in his hand for when the SNORLAX awoke.
close tab

played by

Popcorn

he/him
September 28
Petalburg City
homosexual
park ranger
cadet
15 height
15 height
awards
63 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aster
aster rousseau
Another Blocked Path [M]
POSTED ON Apr 24, 2022 0:20:42 GMT
aster rousseau Avatar
Aster shrugged at Warren's response to his explanation of his star sign. "Fair enough. Not like I'm psychic or anything. Just a good conversation starter, you know?" He was a little bummed that his partner didn't have anything more to say, but he'd learned better than to push the quiet types. Aster would rather die than be considered annoying.

Aster quickly sent out his bellossom and hurriedly told her the plan. "She's all set." He nodded at Warren and gestured for her to begin. A sickly sweet smell permeated the air and settled around the slumbering snorlax. "I'm going to wake it now, standby," He said in a low voice.

Aster crouched and stealthily moved behind the snorlax's head, only a few feet away. He raised his hands and clapped loudly twice.

@warren
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Another Blocked Path [M]
POSTED ON Apr 30, 2022 15:46:27 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Their plan was initiated. The BELLOSSOM's scent caused Warren to sigh, wrinkling his nose a bit as though he were trying to force some of the smell out of his nostrils. However, it was necessary.

He took a few steps back, staying within view of the SNORLAX as Aster began to clap his hands.

The claps seemed to work, as the snoring stopped, and the creature's breathing began to pick up from a slumbering rhythm to an awake pace. It slowly sat up, grumbling and grunting. However, it didn't seem angry.

Not yet at least.

Warren waved the treats in front of its face, enticing it with smell before stepping away from the path.

"Follow me with your Pokemon. We should keep it as subdued as possible."
close tab

played by

Popcorn

he/him
September 28
Petalburg City
homosexual
park ranger
cadet
15 height
15 height
awards
63 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aster
aster rousseau
Another Blocked Path [M]
POSTED ON May 2, 2022 16:40:36 GMT
aster rousseau Avatar
Aster nodded and gave Warren a thumbs up, readily following behind with his bellossom and a hand on another pokeball, just in case. It was a funny sight, such a stoic man leading a lumbering pokemon by waving colorful snacks. Aster had to cover his mouth to stifle a chuckle and refocused himself on the danger at hand.

They had to get the snorlax off the path and somewhere safe, where it wouldn't be disturbed by passerbys. Aster thought for a moment then gestured to Warren a spot behind the fountain. The running water would most likely drown out other noise and the main road would at least be free and clear.

@warren
WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights