played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
Old Friends
POSTED ON Feb 28, 2022 6:46:07 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar

Old Friends

Call with

Deep breath.

*BEEPBEEPBEEP-BEEPBEEPBEEP-BEEPBEEPEBEEPBEEP*

The hum of the phone's rings vibrated against Felix's cheek. Eventually, it finished with a soft click.

"Hello? ?"

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,118 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
Old Friends
POSTED ON Mar 1, 2022 0:17:38 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illie"]
[attr="class","illie b"]
[attr="class","illie i"]the phone rings once, twice, thrice before she's dropping a report to answer. the name and number aren't read... not yet, anyway.

"yes, this is her," she murmurs. it's robotic, almost practiced. "may i ask who's calling?"

somehow, in a nostalgic way, the voice on the other end is familiar and fond.

[newclass=.illie] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illie b] color: #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illie i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
Old Friends
POSTED ON Mar 1, 2022 2:14:22 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar

Old Friends

Call with

" ."

It's been what, 3 years since they last saw each other? He silently wondered how much she's changed.

"It's been a while."

[/quote][/b][/blockquote][/quote]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,118 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
Old Friends
POSTED ON Mar 1, 2022 2:27:00 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illie"]
[attr="class","illie b"]
[attr="class","illie i"]she stills at the name. and for a moment, she forgets he can't see her, can't see the surprise etch into her expression.

silence follows as her brain struggles to catch up and he fills it with an admission.

"it has," she whispers. it almost sounds like a smile is creeping onto her lips. "how've you been?"

[newclass=.illie] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illie i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
Old Friends
POSTED ON Mar 2, 2022 20:39:32 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar

Old Friends

Call with

The woman's soft response elcited a small smile from Felix. And, for a brief moment, he internally regretted not reaching out sooner.

"Well enough."

He paused, hesitating over whether to reveal what he meant to say, but eventually relents.

"I'm in hoenn."

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,118 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
Old Friends
POSTED ON Mar 3, 2022 1:05:41 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illie"]
[attr="class","illie b"]
[attr="class","illie i"]"good," she coos softly, smile fully widening until it's almost as if the sun is shining in her lab. "i'm glad..."

she'd thought about him as the years passed by. wondering if he was okay, wondering if she'd see him again, wondering if he thought of her the same. and maybe he had, after all.

"you are?" a little gasp follows before she's, naturally, launching into her old habits. even as a child, illeana reyes was painfully curious.

"since when? what're you doing in hoenn? do you like it? are your parents here too?"

breathe, illie... breathe. let the man speak.

close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
Old Friends
POSTED ON Mar 3, 2022 4:14:53 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar

Old Friends

Call with

She sounded the same as always - curious to a fault. If he recalled correctly, it was that exact trait that led to so many arguments back then. She just had to uncover every little hidden a game had to offer, while Felix was much more concerned with the big picture.

He missed those nights the most.

"Since a few months ago. ANVIL's HQ moved over here, so I've been busy with that." He explained, "It's different, hectic."

Hectic was a severe understatement. Hoenn was a mess, and unfortunately, he was stuck in the thick of it. But at least "My parents aren't here, no."

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,118 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
Old Friends
POSTED ON Mar 5, 2022 18:31:03 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illie"]
[attr="class","illie b"]
[attr="class","illie i"]talking like this with him opens floodgates she thought to be long extinct.

thoughts, memories, feelings... they wash over her in waves. nights spent playing video games until morning, days where she shyly tucked herself into his side to avoid the masses.

she's missed him, she realizes as he talks. the realization slowly spreads until she's humming in soft understanding.

"i hope you're at least taking some time to enjoy hoenn," she murmurs. sightseeing, making new friends, having fun... the things she missed out on originally. she won't let him miss out. no, he deserves the best that life has to offer.

her smile widens slightly at the thought.

"perhaps it's better they're in sinnoh still," her tone drops into slightly somber territory. scars crawl at her back with each syllable. "it's safer there."

close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
Old Friends
POSTED ON Mar 5, 2022 18:59:08 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar

Old Friends

Call with

Unfortunately, he was. Despite all efforts to remain an anonymous face in the crowd, Felix had, for the first time in years, begun to develop friendships. Interests.

"I'm trying to," He sighed.

The worst part about developing connections is the fear of losing them. It's why he avoided them in the first place, knowing they'll only be a hindrance to his mission.

Just look at .

Even .

The list of names of importance only grew in length, and with each entry, another weight is added to his back.

"That's actually why I called. I need your help with something, illie."

[/quote]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,118 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
Old Friends
POSTED ON Mar 13, 2022 4:08:43 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illie"]
[attr="class","illie b"]
[attr="class","illie i"]a faint smile rises at the sighed admittance. as long as he's trying... that's all that matters, right?

she doesn't want him to be lonely. no, he doesn't deserve that. it's a feeling that lingers in shadows and empty corners, festering until it eats you alive.

"good," she coos. someone she loved, cherished, admired should only have the best that life has to offer and the sentiment carries in her tone.

and then, the conversation shifts a little. it caters to a need she tries to swallow, tries to ignore: the desire to be wanted.

the use of her nickname merely seals her fate and, in turn, her answer.

"of course, anything for you," she supplies a little too quickly and he can't see it but her face heats up with a searing blush. "what's going on?"

close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
Old Friends
POSTED ON Mar 16, 2022 2:26:24 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar

Old Friends

Call with

The hidden tint of red behind her words went entirely unnoticed. Despite their history together, 's emotions were as alien as anyone else's, with the only noticeable difference being the clarity of Felix's own feelings towards her.

A breath of relief snuck out through his teeth.

"I'm looking into the creation trio." As always, he was straight to the point with his feelings. Fingers curling tighter around the phone, he continued. "...I was hoping you could help lead me in the right direction. You were always the best with this sort of thing."

He allowed his request to linger in the air for a second before finishing off with one last piece: "If you're too busy, I understand."

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,118 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
Old Friends
POSTED ON Mar 20, 2022 23:20:08 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illie"]
[attr="class","illie b"]
[attr="class","illie i"]the noise of surprise that escapes is, realistically, a very good sign.

the creation trio. the subject of her own personal research. why he's looking into them, she doesn't know. what she does understand, however, is that this could very well be a win-win situation for them both.

her smile widens into full wattage, bright enough to light up an entire room.

"it's funny you ask that," she starts with an airy laugh. "i've been looking into them myself."

on the desk nearby, that same research sits. it's half finished, stopped by prior commitments and left to fester in her mind. perhaps with felix by her side, they could finish it. the thought of seeing him after all these years leaves a light flutter in her stomach that goes entirely ignored.

"i'm happy to help! it'll be nice to start that project again."

a pause follows before she's murmuring into her phone once more. it's softer this time around, more hesitant and unsure.

"do you want to come to the lab? i can go over everything i've got so far."

close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
Old Friends
POSTED ON Mar 21, 2022 17:58:53 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar

Old Friends

Call with

's reaction elicited a soft, short chuckle from the man.

She really was the same.

Leaning back into his chair, Felix's eyes carefully traced the outlines of his wallpaper as he listened to her response. Every word she spoke continued to ease any worry he previously held, and yet again, he was reminded as to why illie was the first person he wanted to reach out to about this.

He rose to his feet at the mention of meeting up-- what days were he free again? "One second." Loud footsteps resounded off the tile floor as he sauntered towards the back of his office space. There he gravitated towards his 2022 calendar (the same one he recently bought off of for his school's fundraiser). His finger skimmed across the slick paper for a second before a low voice breathed back into the phone, "Does this Thursday work?"

[/quote]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,118 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
Old Friends
POSTED ON Mar 22, 2022 2:54:14 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illie"]
[attr="class","illie b"]
[attr="class","illie i"]she hums a soft acknowledgement as his steps slowly begin to pick up over the line.

and as he moves around on his side of the phone, she shifts toward her research. the pages are worn, slightly faded in some spots. poured over night after night until eventually abandoned as is habit. there's correlation between the research and herself, perhaps, but it's overwritten with curly letters and arrows drawn to different pieces of information.

"thursday?" she mumbles, half to herself. her schedule could be cleared easily enough if anything were to arise... he'd take priority just like old times.

"sounds good to me," finally comes in a confident chirp. "do you, uh, need directions to the lab?"

close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
Old Friends
POSTED ON Mar 23, 2022 0:44:51 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar

Perfect.

With the date promptly confirmed, Felix was free to return to his seat, which awaited behind his large oak desk. Similar to the scientist, old documents littered it's tabletop. Each one detailed a different subject, with the only similarity being the mass amount of scribbles etched on them.

"Yeah. Can you text it to me?"

A pause followed this question. Then, with a brief hint of hesitation, Felix filled the silence one last time. "I have to go now," he stated, "I'll see you then, illie."

@tag