part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
play date [m][c]
POSTED ON Mar 1, 2022 18:08:26 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

Where was she being taken?

What was this?

This was—this was not the Sanctuary! Why was she left behind here?

As it turned out, Alexei had some business to deal with at Mauville, however he couldn’t bring any Pokémon with him to the engagement so the Rookidee had to be left behind here…

Such misery.

The entire place was loud, the other Pokémon were annoying, and small as she was the entire place just screamed of ‘depravity’.

Now that she was utterly and completely dejected, she flew over to a tree and perched on one of the lower branches, looking absolutely defeated.

She didn’t want to be here!

a Galarian play date

close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
it gets lonely in this gangster's paradise
awards
1,175 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
play date [m][c]
POSTED ON Mar 1, 2022 21:14:17 GMT
Guillermo Marceliño Avatar

SLEEPING FOR DREAMING

Zuza lifted her head into Memo’s palm as he bid her a fond farewell with a promise to be back soon. He brought her here occasionally to be pampered and groomed, to have her iridescent hair brushed out and braided with practiced fingers. It was to be a break for her, a vacation of sorts, and as he departed she turned and trotted peaceably in with the keepers, waltzed to the tub.

A handful of hours later and she is sparkling and smells like vanilla and coconuts. Her hair has been brushed and curled, this time, into luscious waves; her feathers combed through and cleared of debris. Beautified and smelling good, she heads out into the yard proper, for some sun and perhaps, if the mood strikes her, a bit of a romp.

She found, instead, a very sad looking Rookidee, whose face was frowned close to crying. She came up to the little bird and lifted her snout towards it. Her horn glittered, feeling the sadness within the little bird; she cooed her concern.

[attr="class","cred"]VEL OF PIXEL PERFECT

[googlefont=Alegreya Sans SC:400]
[newclass=.cred]text-align:center;font-size:9px;color:rgb(132, 132, 132);font-family:verdana;margin-top:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cred a]color:rgb(132, 132, 132);font-size:9px;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
play date [m][c]
POSTED ON Mar 2, 2022 0:21:01 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

If her stare could curdle Miltank milk, she’d have done so already, the way she was looking around so dejectedly around the place. This—this was absolutely nothing like the Sanctuary proper that she was used to! Sure there was space, but it wasn’t as wide-open as the Fortree air—

And then she saw something—no, someone—approach.

While it didn’t look like the pastel-colored unicorn that trotted around the place (wait, this one was smaller than the one she was familiar with, but didn’t look the same as the funnily-colored one that had a yellowish-colored… mane, was it) it certainly had the approachable aura.

All she could do was let out one single, hideous-sounding squawk that reeked of grief.

She was lonely, okay?! A singular flap of her wings made some loose feathers fall—was she stressed?

Maybe…

a Galarian play date

close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
awards
1,175 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
play date [m][c]
POSTED ON Mar 5, 2022 21:02:07 GMT

SLEEPING FOR DREAMING

The little bird seemed overjoyed at the sight of a friendly face-- at least, judging by the noise that came out of it. It scattered blue feathers across the ground and jumped animatedly through the motions of her stress. Zuza nodded her understanding, horn glimmering purple as she read the Rookidee’s heart.

It’s not all bad here all the time, she thinks, smiling welcomingly. She tosses her head and swishes her tail, doing a little trot-dance in place. Let me show you!

[newclass=.cred]text-align:center;font-size:9px;color:rgb(132, 132, 132);font-family:verdana;margin-top:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cred a]color:rgb(132, 132, 132);font-size:9px;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
play date [m][c]
POSTED ON Mar 11, 2022 23:26:39 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

Another ugly, piteous squawking noise from the Rookidee.

‘What if he doesn’t come back for me?!’ she communicated through squawks and caws, shaking a few more feathers loose from her wings. ‘That’s happened, you know!’

How did she know about that?

Well… there were rumors. Stories, dark tales…

And for some reason those had managed to make their way to the Sanctuary…

‘Were you left behind here, too? By your human?’ she asked, hopping from the branch and taking flight—wondering if it was alright to land on the mare’s back.

At least this one was much friendlier than the one she was familiar with, conceited big-ass shit that she was.

a Galarian play date

close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
awards
1,175 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
play date [m][c]
POSTED ON Mar 19, 2022 15:24:44 GMT

SLEEPING FOR DREAMING

Zuza tilted her head in concern, her beautifully groomed mane falling stylishly across the top third of one eye. Why wouldn’t he come back for you? She asked, wanting the Rookidee to explore her fears and get to the foundation of them. A bit of a therapist, was Zuza. The little chickadee cast a shadow over her pale back as she trotted amongst the playing Pokemon in the yard. Nearby, two Poochyena roughhoused playfully; a Flaaffy pushed at their neatly coiffed hair, staring longingly into a mirror; and a collection of Scatterbug snacked on a pile of berries.

Look at how much fun everyone is having! Zuza said as she showed the Rookidee all the happy Pokemon.

Yes, he brings me here for a spa day, Zuza explained, giving her lovely hair a toss, it’s quite nice. Have you ever had a spa day? She wondered if maybe the little bird might enjoy a bath.

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
play date [m][c]
POSTED ON Mar 22, 2022 20:18:41 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

‘You call this a spa day?!’

The Rookidee, needless to say, was indignant.

Maybe she’d gotten so used to being around humans fussing over her kind, maybe there was something else eating away at her…

‘There’s no… how sure are you you’re not going to get kidnapped or something?!’

It was clear that she had… issues.

This Rookidee had abandonment issues.

(To be fair, Alexei had adopted her when the Rookidee had been left in a blanketed box outside the Sanctuary; with no return note and no Pokéball accompanying the poor avian. Such were hard times.)

‘I… let’s just say… I was left. Behind. In front of the place I now call home. My previous… my previous human just abandoned me!’

Now they were getting somewhere, at least. More feathers continued to fall out as she flapped along behind the candy unicorn. Definitely much nicer than that snide-ass nasty… sickly-looking one she hated with all her guts. The bigger, uglier one that ran around the grounds thinking she was the boss of everyone.

‘I know that my current owner is nice, but—’

Another ugly squawk.

No, she was not going to cry…!

a Galarian play date

close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
awards
1,175 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
play date [m][c]
POSTED ON Mar 23, 2022 17:39:48 GMT

SLEEPING FOR DREAMING

To her dismay, Zuza’s words of encouragement seemed to do little but work the Rookidee up into a greater emotional state. The little pony hummed a note of thought, but she didn’t let it get her down; maybe the baby bird just needed to get some things off her chest-- put some latent fears out into the open.

Well, Zuza said, tone thoughtful, I guess I just… trust. Trust in the people and Pokemon around me to be good. Trust my trainer to not leave me somewhere dangerous. And, most of all, trust in myself to be able to take care of things, should anything bad happen. She wanted Rookidee to trust in herself, too.

Still, the little bird’s story was a sad one. That’s awful, Zuza confirmed, wanting to be supportive, but also not willing to give Rookidee the pity party she seemed to be angling for. Yes, some humans can be bad. But Alexei is nice! You said it yourself. Zuza booped Rookidee gently with her soft, fuzzy snout. Don’t fear. Trust. He will come back to you.

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
play date [m][c]
POSTED ON Mar 23, 2022 20:45:11 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

‘Easy for you to say,’ the Rookidee sighed.

Ohh, she remembered that other candy cane unicorn. Ugh. That was terrible.

‘I was with a Pokémon that looked like you, only weirdly yellow. But their attitude was like… ew. EW,’ the avian squawked, hacking in displeasure at the thought of the other strange Rapidash and sticking out her tongue.

‘Please don’t turn out like that evil, evil equine,’ she added with another shudder. ‘You’re way nicer than they were. Always looking down on me because I was the runt. Please. Wait until I get back at ‘em all big and mighty!’

A derisive cawing noise from the avian followed afterward. Because she was petty like that.

At least she wasn’t shedding feathers anymore, so that was a start!

a Galarian play date

close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
awards
1,175 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
play date [m][c]
POSTED ON Mar 23, 2022 23:27:05 GMT

SLEEPING FOR DREAMING

Zuza crinkled her face in laughter. “Oh, I don’t think I’ll turn evil, even if I evolve. Memo raised me to be good, and kind, and take care of my siblings. Have you ever meet Silas and Oona? We’re all like a family.” Her voice took on a fond tone and she got a little dreamy. “Just like Alex is going to raise you to be big and strong and fearless.”

Maybe the Rookidee was just a little bit… vicious, in her own way. If vengeance and spite was what made her feel confident, then Zuza was going to let those currents carry her along.

"Look, the day is drawing to a close. You made it! Surely they'll be back for us soon." She smiled at her new friend. "But if Memo comes back first I will wait with you. I'm sure he won't mind seeing Alexei again." There was just a hint of conspiracy in her voice.

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
play date [m][c]
POSTED ON Mar 24, 2022 0:44:10 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

‘Wait, how do you know my—’

The Rookidee was cut off because right then and there, a pair of clammy hands grabbed her and she let out an almighty squawking noise, before being carried off somewhere again!

‘I wasn’t done talking!’ she screamed at whoever strange human was holding her, before being deposited unceremoniously in front of Alexei.

“I hope she didn’t cause you too much trouble… did she?” he apologized, picking up the Rookidee and then poking the avian gently.

“She looks all ruffled up…”

The avian could only let out a loud squawk before hopping into his hold. Yes! She wasn’t going to be left behind here!

She was SAFE!

a Galarian play date

close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
awards
1,175 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
play date [m][c]
POSTED ON Mar 24, 2022 0:58:55 GMT

SLEEPING FOR DREAMING

Rookidee’s question was cut off when the daycare worker snatched her up and headed towards the front of the premises. Zuza hummed and followed along after them, wanting to say goodbye to her new friend.

No sooner had Alex ventured his thoughts on how ruffed up his Rookidee looked did her own trainer come sweeping through the door. She trotted past Rookidee, winking ever so slyly, and ran up to Memo, who gave her a big hug and said, “Hey, baby girl. You look spiffy.” He gave her mane an affectionate swish.

As he stood, he seemed to recognize who was in front of him. “Fancy seeing you here,” he said with a grin.

When Memo and Alexei walked out together, Zuza nonchalantly swung her hind end and knocked into Memo, who, off balance, stepped a smidge closer to Alexei. Their shoulders brushed ever so slightly before Memo stepped away again; he glared down at Zuza from the corner of his eyes, but she ignored him and galloped on ahead.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,782 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
play date [m][c]
POSTED ON Mar 24, 2022 20:09:12 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: