617 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jessica
Jessica Manner
here comes the sun [s]
POSTED ON Mar 6, 2022 1:58:43 GMT
Jessica Manner Avatar
"Daddy! Daddy, c'mon!"

Jessie was haphazardly dressed, her hair barely pulled back in a proper ponytail to keep it from falling in her face. She couldn't help it. She was too excited!

promised to take her out to catch her first Pokemon. She knew her father was busy, but he was willing to take time with her and go find a perfect companion for her.

She wanted to be just like him when she grew up. Strong and hardworking. As a ten-year-old, she had a bit of work to do!

"We're going to miss all the Pokemon," Jessie whined, crossing her arms over her chest with a pout.
close tab

played by

greyson

gabe
he / him
forty-five
december fourth
slateport city
heterosexual
ceo
councilman
191 height
191 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
717 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gabe
GABRIEL BLACK
here comes the sun [s]
POSTED ON Mar 13, 2022 4:42:26 GMT
GABRIEL BLACK Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","artie"]
[attr="class","top"]

gabe closes the flip-phone, and pushes it down into his pocket. only just last week his father had announced the rite of succession. gabriel, not any of his other, more qualified siblings, would take over the company. he suppresses the sigh that threatens to bubble up, instead, turning a smile onto his daughter.
[break][break]
"but buggggg, i'm so tired!" he rolls his eyes sarcastically, and stretches both arms into the caricature of a yawn. at its peak he stops, and he cracks one eye noticeably open to look at her. then, quickly, he continues the motion.
[break][break]
"daddy is pooped! but if his little girl wants to go out...."
[break][break]
he suddenly perks, rushing in her direction to toss her over his shoulder like a captured maiden, "then we have no choice! on-ward we go!"

[attr="class","ooc"][break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-pyroar"]

[newclass=".artie"]--accent:#e45629; [/newclass]

[newclass=".artie blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".artie blockquote b, .pizzabox blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]

[newclass=".artie .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".artie .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".artie .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Red

Jessie, née Black
She/Her
April 9
Canalave City
bisexual
entertainer
executive
dancin' down on sunset strip
awards
617 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jessica
Jessica Manner
here comes the sun [s]
POSTED ON Mar 18, 2022 0:43:13 GMT
Jessica Manner Avatar
A frown was plain on her lips, pursed as her father began to say something about being tired and pooped. She put her hands on her hips, mustering up the biggest "daddy, please" eyes she could...

Until he picked her up, swinging her over his shoulder like a sack of potatoes.

With a laugh of glee, she smacked her small hands against his shoulder, squealing.

"Daddy! Put me down! I have to be on the ground to catch something!"

But it was a success! They were going Pokemon hunting!

"I want a fire-type. Just like you."
close tab

played by

greyson

gabe
he / him
forty-five
december fourth
slateport city
heterosexual
ceo
councilman
191 height
191 height
awards
717 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gabe
GABRIEL BLACK
here comes the sun [s]
POSTED ON Mar 26, 2022 0:53:59 GMT
GABRIEL BLACK Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","artie"]
[attr="class","top"]

"whaaat? does someone hear some strange squeaking?" with one arm safely wrapped around her, he places his hand like a visor over his eyes, turning and looking about like lighthouse with shoulders. he didn't let up, until she mentions the pokemon-type. he brings her back in-front of him, facing him.
[break][break]
"a fire-type? i don't know sweetie, they're dangerous." a figure brushes against his leg and he looks down to see aurum, his m-pyroar, rubbing against his side like a proper cat. an idea thrumming in his mind, he places the girl on the back of his pokemon.
[break][break]
"well, aside from aurum, of course."

[newclass=".artie blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".artie blockquote b, .pizzabox blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]

[newclass=".artie .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".artie .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

Red

Jessie, née Black
She/Her
April 9
Canalave City
bisexual
entertainer
executive
awards
617 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jessica
Jessica Manner
here comes the sun [s]
POSTED ON Mar 26, 2022 1:23:17 GMT
Jessica Manner Avatar
Jessie was set on her father's PYROAR, stroking her small hands through his mane with a smile. However, she looked confused, her smile turning upside down as she looked up at Gabriel.

"What do you mean? You have a lot of fire-types, and they are all nice," she said, ignorant to reality.

"I want to be like you. I want a fire-type," she insisted with a pout.

On the back of the PYROAR, they were set to go out. Jessie couldn't contain her excitement, almost wiggling off the lion Pokemon's back.
@gabriel
close tab

played by

greyson

gabe
he / him
forty-five
december fourth
slateport city
heterosexual
ceo
councilman
191 height
191 height
awards
717 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gabe
GABRIEL BLACK
here comes the sun [s]
POSTED ON Mar 27, 2022 4:39:19 GMT
GABRIEL BLACK Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","artie"]
[attr="class","top"]

the scar over his eye twitches, and he remembers back when he'd been haughty enough to think fire-types were meant to bow down to him. he learned that day. luckily, his own daughter's temperament was a stark difference to his own, but...
[break][break]
"look, sweetie. fire-types are... proud creatures," he sends a cautious look at his own pyroar, who despite the hands tugging through his fur, didn't seem bothered, "just be careful, okay?"
[break][break]
with a sigh of defeat, he goes along with his daughters wishes, and they depart.

close tab

played by

Red

Jessie, née Black
She/Her
April 9
Canalave City
bisexual
entertainer
executive
awards
617 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jessica
Jessica Manner
here comes the sun [s]
POSTED ON Mar 27, 2022 12:03:52 GMT
Jessica Manner Avatar
Jessie looked at him as spoke, her eyes wide and curious. Proud creatures? She knew what that meant but... how did that make them dangerous?

But she nodded, smiling brightly.

"I'm always careful."

It doesn't take long for them to reach an area where several Pokemon were sprouting. Jessie was picky, of course. She needed the perfect one.

"Daddy, what was your first Pokemon?"
close tab

played by

greyson

gabe
he / him
forty-five
december fourth
slateport city
heterosexual
ceo
councilman
191 height
191 height
awards
717 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gabe
GABRIEL BLACK
here comes the sun [s]
POSTED ON Apr 5, 2022 22:30:25 GMT
GABRIEL BLACK Avatar
he holds back the sarcastic look that twinkles in his eye. always careful? how many band-aid has she been solely responsible for using? how many burn ointments? she was taking after him, surely.

and he wasn't sure that was a good thing.

"you're sitting on him, sweetie." he could tell that the pyroar was paying special attention, ensuring that both his flames were harmless, and his stride careful.

"aurumn was a gift from my father to me." and the reason the flesh around his eye was so marred. that and, gabriel's foolish pride.

close tab

played by

Red

Jessie, née Black
She/Her
April 9
Canalave City
bisexual
entertainer
executive
awards
617 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jessica
Jessica Manner
here comes the sun [s]
POSTED ON Apr 18, 2022 16:07:55 GMT
Jessica Manner Avatar
Jessie looked down at the PYROAR, her mouth forming a tiny "o" shape as she realized what her father meant.

"So you got Aurum first? He must be old," she said with a giggle.

It wasn't a jab, just a childish observation from a young girl. However, she gently ran her fingers through his mane, humming to herself.

"That's cool. It's sorta like what we're doing, right? Except we're catching mine!" Jessie chirped excitedly.
close tab

played by

greyson

gabe
he / him
forty-five
december fourth
slateport city
heterosexual
ceo
councilman
191 height
191 height
awards
717 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gabe
GABRIEL BLACK
here comes the sun [s]
POSTED ON Apr 24, 2022 16:22:42 GMT
GABRIEL BLACK Avatar
"well..." the great pyroar beneath her growls deep enough to send vibrations up and through her small form, and gabriel gives the beast an apologetic smile. "let's just say he's wise. yeah, wise."

he knew that the lion wasn't actually bothered by the sentiment, but he was built to rule his own pride. he needed a little but of stage presence.

"exactly," he says with a smile, "exactly like that."

he doesn't let her into the fact that the scar on his face was a consequence of his encounter, and that he'd learned a lesson that day.

up ahead something stirs in a brush and lion and trainer stop, giving each other a knowing look. from it, a small fennekin emerges.

close tab

played by

Red

Jessie, née Black
She/Her
April 9
Canalave City
bisexual
entertainer
executive
awards
617 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jessica
Jessica Manner
here comes the sun [s]
POSTED ON Apr 24, 2022 17:16:58 GMT
Jessica Manner Avatar
Jessie didn't really pay attention to the bushes, wondering why exactly the PYROAR and her father had stopped. She gave a confused look at Gabriel, puffing her bottom lip out and opening her mouth to complain when she spotted it.

A FENNEKIN.

The little fox peered up at them curiously, his eyes wide as he looked between the lion and the two people. Then he began to chitter, a nervous sound because he was alone. Of course, he felt threatened.

"Daddy! This one! This one is it!"
close tab

played by

greyson

gabe
he / him
forty-five
december fourth
slateport city
heterosexual
ceo
councilman
191 height
191 height
awards
717 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gabe
GABRIEL BLACK
here comes the sun [s]
POSTED ON Apr 30, 2022 15:21:21 GMT
GABRIEL BLACK Avatar
it was so small compared to gabriel and pyroar, so the CEO takes a moment to step back and force himself to be smaller.

"this one? are you sure, sweetheart?" though, he already knew that answer. kneeling in front of her, he places an empty pokeball into her hand.

"aurum will listen to you, if you need him too."

close tab

played by

Red

Jessie, née Black
She/Her
April 9
Canalave City
bisexual
entertainer
executive
awards
617 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jessica
Jessica Manner
here comes the sun [s]
POSTED ON Apr 30, 2022 16:29:25 GMT
Jessica Manner Avatar
Was she sure? Jessie was absolutely sure!

"Duh, Daddy! He's perfect. He looks a lot like me too. We have the same hair color, but his is red on his ears," she pointed out, pointing at the small, fox-like Pokemon.

The empty Poke ball was placed in her hand. It felt powerful to her, like a new power she just obtained. She smiled, looking back at her father.

"Are you ready?"

She tossed the ball. Waiting to see if it'd catch.
close tab

played by

greyson

gabe
he / him
forty-five
december fourth
slateport city
heterosexual
ceo
councilman
191 height
191 height
awards
717 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gabe
GABRIEL BLACK
here comes the sun [s]
POSTED ON May 7, 2022 19:02:47 GMT
GABRIEL BLACK Avatar
he could only smile down at his daughter. he understood the excitement that bubbled up in her chest now; he understood it too much. he was just glad he could be here for this moment, and with luck, every moment down the road.

how wrong he would be.

"nice throw!" his hands balled into excited fists, gaze falling onto the orb as it collapses the fennekin into light. it shakes, and stirs, keeping gabriel on a bated breath.

then, it clicks.

"you did it! arceus, you did it!" too excited to contain himself, gabriel lifts jessie into the air, spinning her small form in his massive hands.

close tab

played by

Red

Jessie, née Black
She/Her
April 9
Canalave City
bisexual
entertainer
executive
awards
617 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jessica
Jessica Manner
here comes the sun [s]
POSTED ON May 10, 2022 21:16:13 GMT
Jessica Manner Avatar
Jessie's dream as a child was to become a strong partner with her father. They could be a fire-wielding duo, taking down all the bad guys and become the strongest pair in all of Sinnoh.

No, the world!

Fate had other ideas, it seemed. Though, it let the father/daughter pair live in pure bliss together as Jessie's Poke ball clicked, catching her first Pokemon.

"I got it, I got it!" she squealed, giggling as her father lifted her into the air.

Her ginger hair floated around, the same color as her father's, as he twirled her, her hands resting on his temples as she laughed loudly.

"I'm gonna get dizzy!"