[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","adrie-lyric2"]I'll be your CONTRADICTION
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","adrie-content1"]
[attr="class","adrie-content2"]
[attr="class","adrie-img"]
[attr="class","adrie-img2"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]Be responsible for the fires you create, especially when you're doing outdoor cooking in a highly flammable place such as and not limited to, the woods. It occurs to her as she tends to her little fire pit dug in the earth, broken twigs smouldering into charcoal as a Cyndaquil gently blows on the pile.
[break][break]
"You know, I've realised something." She hums as she pokes the fire with a stick, shuffling the charred bits around before tossing another chunk of wood onto it. "When we decided to make a campfire to cook something, we didn't really get anything to cook."
[break][break]
Nova stares at her and she's inclined to stare back, her head tilting as she willfully ignores the sigh Reiner gives her.
[break][break]
"So uhm... wanna go fishing?"
[attr="class","bottome-acc"]
[attr="class","adrie-note"] || mission

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT
[break][break]
[newclass=".adrie-cover"]background:#2B2B2B;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:450px;padding:10px;margin:0 auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-ban"]position:relative;z-index:0;background:url(https://i.imgur.com/rd13hMM.jpg);-webkit-clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);width:450px;height:200px;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric1"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:12px;text-shadow:1px 1px 0 #555,-1px -1px 0 #555,1px -1px 0 #555,-1px 1px 0 #555,3px 3px 5px #555;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric2"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:125px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric2 b"]font-size:11px;color:#f41111;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-b"]width:0;height:276px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:-50px;transform:skew(-20deg);transition:width 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-cover:hover .adrie-b"]width:600px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-c"]width:590px;height:200px;transform:skew(20deg);margin-left:-78px;background-image:linear-gradient(rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3), rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3)), url(https://i.imgur.com/LkangdN.jpg);background-position:114px 0;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content1"]background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/vQW3tEE.png);padding-top:40px;margin-top:-50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content2"]font-size:10px;line-height:14px;color:#a9a9a9;padding:40px;background:rgba(255,255,255,0);text-align:justify;font-family:arial;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content2 b"]color:#b76e79;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-bg"]background:#f1f1f1;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:150px;margin-top:10px;height:400px;background-attachment:fixed;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-heads"]font-size:10px;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:1px;background:#f9f9f9;color:#444;font-weight:900;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:115px;margin-top:20px;font-size:9px;margin-left:5px;padding:10px 0px 10px 20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-icon"]transition:0.2s all;opacity:0;position:absolute;margin-top:16px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note"]font-size:8px;text-align:center;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;padding-top:18px;color:#fff;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note a"]font-size:8px;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-solid"]background:#ca3f46;height:20px;margin-top:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".bottome-acc"]background:#581717;background-attachment:fixed;height:50px;margin-top:-25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img img"]margin-top:-80px;position:relative;position:absolute;margin-left:-30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-cover:hover .adrie-note"]transition:0.6s all;opacity:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=".top-acc"]-webkit-clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 55%,100% 100%,0% 100%);clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 50%,100% 100%,0% 100%);background:#581717;height:100px;margin-top:-100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img2 img"]shape-outside:circle(50%)!important;float:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=".inner-finally"]padding:20px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
how bold I was, could be - will be - still am
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
Tree Fishes || C
POSTED ON Mar 13, 2022 11:04:01 GMT
skyler dross Avatar
Like many of Hoenn's inhabitants, Skyler wasn't particularly skilled in the culinary arts. She'd become rather infamous for them in fact, though that had never been reason to stop her whenever she decided to try her hand at her gulpin green egg sandwiches.

(Much to Angelo's and Sammy's chagrin, having to deal with the inevitable warzone she'd leave in her wake. At least the Sotally Tober kitchen had never exploded. Yet.)

She'd come to the woods prepared this time, having taken enough allergy medication to subdue most of the symptoms. And knowing her ridiculous propensity for getting lost in the woods, she'd latched onto the single thing that she could tell apart from the remaining landscape (all trees looked alike, in her opinion). 

Smoke.

In hindsight, following smoke in a forest wasn't perhaps the brightest of ideas. Then again, Skyler had never been accused of being the brightest of individuals. 

"Watcha cookin' there?" Skyler makes no attempt at stealth, braches snapping under her feet as she emerges from the forest, soon followed by a grumpy-looking Urshifu.

She doesn't recognize Eris. Not yet.
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
But I still believe, someday this lie will set me free
awards
4,781 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
Tree Fishes || C
POSTED ON Mar 16, 2022 4:20:44 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-cover"]
[attr="class","adrie-ban"]
[attr="class","adrie-lyric1"]To the monster you became
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]"Uh... we haven't decided!" She chirps back to the unknown voice, turning to the right to gain a glimpse. And all it takes is that one look for her memories to be jolted, a wide smile spread across her lips as she flails her arms in greeting. "OH! MS BURGLAR! Hi again!"
[break][break]
Reiner's head perks up with mild interest, his tail flicking before gently wrapping around her left arm.
[break][break]
"We were thinking to maybe catch some fish or find some raw plants?"

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT
[break][break]
[newclass=".adrie-cover"]background:#2B2B2B;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:450px;padding:10px;margin:0 auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-ban"]position:relative;z-index:0;background:url(https://i.imgur.com/rd13hMM.jpg);-webkit-clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);width:450px;height:200px;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric1"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:12px;text-shadow:1px 1px 0 #555,-1px -1px 0 #555,1px -1px 0 #555,-1px 1px 0 #555,3px 3px 5px #555;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric2"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:125px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-b"]width:0;height:276px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:-50px;transform:skew(-20deg);transition:width 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-c"]width:590px;height:200px;transform:skew(20deg);margin-left:-78px;background-image:linear-gradient(rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3), rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3)), url(https://i.imgur.com/LkangdN.jpg);background-position:114px 0;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content1"]background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/vQW3tEE.png);padding-top:40px;margin-top:-50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content2"]font-size:10px;line-height:14px;color:#a9a9a9;padding:40px;background:rgba(255,255,255,0);text-align:justify;font-family:arial;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-bg"]background:#f1f1f1;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:150px;margin-top:10px;height:400px;background-attachment:fixed;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-heads"]font-size:10px;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:1px;background:#f9f9f9;color:#444;font-weight:900;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:115px;margin-top:20px;font-size:9px;margin-left:5px;padding:10px 0px 10px 20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-icon"]transition:0.2s all;opacity:0;position:absolute;margin-top:16px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note"]font-size:8px;text-align:center;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;padding-top:18px;color:#fff;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note a"]font-size:8px;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-solid"]background:#ca3f46;height:20px;margin-top:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".bottome-acc"]background:#581717;background-attachment:fixed;height:50px;margin-top:-25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img img"]margin-top:-80px;position:relative;position:absolute;margin-left:-30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-cover:hover .adrie-note"]transition:0.6s all;opacity:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=".top-acc"]-webkit-clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 55%,100% 100%,0% 100%);clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 50%,100% 100%,0% 100%);background:#581717;height:100px;margin-top:-100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img2 img"]shape-outside:circle(50%)!important;float:left;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
Tree Fishes || C
POSTED ON Mar 16, 2022 10:03:47 GMT
skyler dross Avatar
"You! Pesky brat!" An accusing finger punctuates the abrupt exclamation as recognition hits Skyler like a bag of bricks to the face. Despite having mostly made peace with Dhelmise, her experience in Razz's former house had clearly left its mark.

But if she's bothered by their previous interactions, nothing shows in the grin that slowly tugs at her lips. The thought of causing trouble is one that's she's entirely too familiar with. And one which she enjoys far too much to let this opportunity pass her by.

Untangling herself from the foliage - and muffling a curse as leaves snag in her mass of curls - Skyler approaches the timid flames. "Fish? I think I saw a brook nearby. We could try and fish something." Whether she'd be able to find it again was a whole other story. 

The Urshifu seems to perk up at the words, poking at her trainer with a none too gentle claw. "Ye- I know." Skyler huffs, amused, and turns to Eris. "Johnny here is great at it."

There's only a smidge of wry sarcasm in her voice.
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,781 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
Tree Fishes || C
POSTED ON Mar 19, 2022 11:16:53 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]"I'm not pesky brat! I'm Eris!" She yells back, but nothing stops the smile that she has, nor the way she nearly kicks the wood in her fire. "So we're going fishing, right Reiner?"
[break][break]
The Luxray gives her a pointed look, then turns his attention to the Urshifu with a cautious gaze. His tail flicks and his ears twitch, but he doesn't make any other motions to overrule the idea posed. In fact, he's already getting to his feet, sighing as he tugs her onto his back and makes for the said brook.
[break][break]
"So, Miss Burglar, how good are you at throwing hands with Gyarados? I can fight three at once with my bare hands!"

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT
[break][break]
close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
Tree Fishes || C
POSTED ON Mar 21, 2022 12:18:34 GMT
skyler dross Avatar
Turns out, Johnny's concept of fishing is slightly different from the standard 'plop your butt down and wait for fish to bite'. For one, they're short a fishing rod and any kind of bait. Not that the Urshifu allows that to deter her, excitedly wading into the frigid springtime waters.

A minute or so later, a knocked out Magikarp is punched out of the brook and directly into Skyler's face (probably on purpose, knowing Johnny). After some graceless flailing on the sailor's part, the fish falls down at her feet.

Acting as if nothing had happened, Skyler turns to Eris. "Throwing hands with Gyarados? Never done it." But if the thoughtful look on her face is any indication, she seems to be seriously considering it. It doesn't occur to her that Pesky Brat™ Eris is pulling her leg. "And three, you say? Bet I can do four."

Yeah, she's definitely considering it. Her fingers hover over a specific pokeball distractedly.

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,781 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
Tree Fishes || C
POSTED ON Mar 26, 2022 1:42:01 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]If there's any word that can be used to describe the sight of Skyler being slapped by a fish, it's probably hilarious. And yet, Eris tries so hard to keep a straight face, casting her gaze towards the river as if focusing on more Magikarp would help to erase the sight from her mind.
[break][break]
It really doesn't and she should have known better.
[break][break]
Pulling her boots and socks off, Eris readily holds onto Reiner's mane as she makes her first few steps into the river, having him wade in right after her just to ensure she doesn't get her ass bowled over by any floating Spheals.
[break][break]
"Angelo told me that I could always fight his Gyarados whenever... I'm ready to, whenever it happens!" Idle hums are accompanied by the licking of lips, her hands flexed into claws as she watches the water for movement. When a flash of orange dares to wander close, she's diving straight in for it, arms slicing through water and ready to flip it out of the water. At least, until Reiner sighs and flicks it out himself, blowing at his claws as the Magikarp helplessly flops onto the river bank.
[break][break]
"Hey! That was mine, you cheeky l-"
[break][break]
Rolling his eyes, the Luxray flicks the rippling surface with the tip of his tail and hits her face with a solid wall of water.

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT
[break][break]
close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
Tree Fishes || C
POSTED ON Apr 7, 2022 20:34:49 GMT
skyler dross Avatar
"Nice technique." Amusement glints off Skyler's crinkled eyes as the Pesky Brat :tm: is hit by a splash of water, courtesy of her (apparently) no-nonsense Luxray. The captain makes no secret of it, a peal of laughter escaping her throat unbidden, wild and free and it echoes between tree branches.

Before long, she too is haphazardly tossing her footwear somewhere behind her, eyes fixed on the shallow currents as she wades in. Johnny is quick to station herself by Skyler's side with a gruff huff. A clawed paw points towards several unfortunate meal-shaped fishes, slowly reaching back before punching the surprised Goldeen into dry land. 

"You wanna fight Volans?" 's Gyarados is an old companion - she remembers feeding him her infamous eggs before they'd gained any sort of reputation. Poor thing had felt sick for days, supposedly. "Huh. Well, don't let me stop you. Tell you what," Skyler leans in, spotting another Goldeen swimming nearby, "you win your fight against Volans, you can fight mine."

Skyler stops, waits for Johnny to do her thing. When nothing happens, it dawns on the captain that her Urshifu is staring her down, gazing flicking between the captain and the fish. Expectant.

"For fuck's sake..." Like any proper sailor, curses are like a second language to her, bubbling to the surface despite a half-hearted attempt to tone it down for the kid. "Fine."

"Be right back, brat." Taking a long breath, Skyler slowly takes a step towards the Goldeen and, between one blink and the next, skillfully dives into the waters - leaving behind a rippling surface.
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,781 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
Tree Fishes || C
POSTED ON Apr 16, 2022 20:04:44 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]"Oh, I'll fight him good! With a punch! And a throw! He won't ever see it coming!"
[break][break]
As did most other pokemon, who failed to recognise that this midget was actually a walking danger to both society and hereslf.
[break][break]
"You swear more freely than Razz does! Salem usually glares at him when he says bad stuff in front of me." It's nothing new having to hear such colourful language upon the lips of familiarity. In fact, it might just be a little refreshing to hear the true nature of one, ungoverned by the thoughts of others and brightly shining through.
[break][break]
But ripples are all she leaves as she pours into the rivers, filled with the ocean's grace and poise. Curiosity fills her cup, prompting Eris to dip her head under to catch a glimpse of the Bungler Burglar™ in action. Surely, a woman of the sea would fare much better than a child who'd barely gotten the chance to step out upon the waves. The only thing now was whether Eris could emulate her actions to a certain extent and perhaps, catch a few more fishes than she's have thought herself capable of.

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT
[break][break]
close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
Tree Fishes || C
POSTED ON Apr 17, 2022 8:21:33 GMT
skyler dross Avatar
Unfortunately for the kid, Salem wasn't here to curb Skyler's excessive use of foul language and though the captain might've attempted to tone it down a little, she soon forgets about it.

Unlike the ocean, the water here is clear and bright, shallow enough that she can see past Eris' legs and further upstream. While diving isn't a problem for the ship captain, it soon becomes clear that being a sailor does not equal being a good fisherman. Case in point when several attempts at grabbing a fish end up with Skyler being slapped in the face by a stray tail fin. 

Several times. 

Bubbles drift upwards to the surface, soon followed by the captain herself when she "comes up for air". A look of frustration shadows her expression, creasing the skin between her eyebrows as she glares down at the water. "Fucking fish..." 

But she dives again, stubborn to the core. This time, when a shadow draws near, Skyler lunges at it with all the strength in her toned body. 

She realizes her mistake a second too late, when a Carvanha's sharp little teeth enclose around her arm.

"Nffghnnff!" 

Revenge comes in the shape of a swift punch, dazing the little menace long enough for Skyler to release her arm and kick it out of the stream. 

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,781 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
Tree Fishes || C
POSTED ON Apr 28, 2022 7:04:41 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]Could a fish, in theory, slap a chicken hard enough with their fin to cook it? The question goes unanswered as she watches Skyler being kept at bay through unfortunately timed flaps.
[break][break]
Unlike Skyler, Eris truly has to come up to catch her breath, gasping a little as she inhales both stray water droplets and air. It stings a little and it sure doesn't help that her lungs are making her cough out whatever liquids went down the wrong pipe.
[break][break]
And so she misses it, that stray Carvanha thrown right up into the air and waving its fins frantically in an attempt to fly. Reiner, on the other hand, has time to think through his actions, grabbing the scruff of Eris' jacket and pulling her out of the water. Just as he does so, another Carvanha lunges right at them, sharp teeth glinting with menace as it snaps at nothing.
[break][break]
"Uhm! Miss Burgler! I think there's a whole pack of Carvanha coming for you!"

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT
[break][break]

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
Tree Fishes || C
POSTED ON Apr 30, 2022 8:59:22 GMT
skyler dross Avatar
Oh, that was just great.

Skyler stumbles to her feet just in time to see the dark mass swimming towards her. "Arceus' tits." Even though the curse is muttered under her breath, it's still loud enough to be heard over the rapids. Johnny seems to see it too, dark eyes widening momentarily at the sight.

Thinking quickly, Skyler starts wading back to the river bank. Unfortunately for the captain, the school of Carvanha seems to have a couple of more ambitious individuals that have swam ahead. Their tail fins flap frantically, creating enough momentum to lift them into the air. Sharp teeth glint in the sunlight, causing Skyler to curse as she attempts to dodge the ensuing rain of Carvanhas.

"Fuck. Fuck, fuck, OUCH- fuck." Sharp teeth tear into her arm, and no amount of shaking seems to dislodge them. Another Carvanha flies just past her head, taking with it a small lock of hair as it does. 

Eventually, Johnny decides to take things into her own hands - literally.

"Oi!" Wide paws encircle Skyler's waist and throw her over a furry shoulder. The Urshifu seems unaffected by her trainer's protests, punching and kicking at any approaching Carvanha and making her way to dry land. 

There's a Carvanha still attached to her arm when Skyler is inevitably dumped onto a carpet of grass. "That... I didn't expect that."

Pause. Poke.

"Uh... 'least we have lunch?"

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights