forty-five
december fourth
slateport city
heterosexual
ceo
councilman
191 height
191 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
717 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gabe
GABRIEL BLACK
tarnished pride
POSTED ON Mar 14, 2022 0:27:48 GMT
GABRIEL BLACK Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gabe"]
[attr="class","top"]

hollow, tired eyes, turned themselves down and onto his missing appendage. his flesh betrayed him, a numb, ghost-like ache that was screaming to him that it was still there. but it wasn't. not anymore. hell, he'd be surprised if his twin didn't keep it like some sort of sick trophy.
[break][break]
the pain was one thing; excruciating, thought shattering. but, the shame of his defeat burned him to the core. the flesh was temporary, but this was...
[break][break]
a knock at his door turns his gaze upwards, still giving off the proud appearance he was known for.
[break][break]
even an injured lion was dangerous.

[attr="class","ooc"] [break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-pyroar"]

[newclass=".gabe"]--accent:#bf4f51; [/newclass]

[newclass=".gabe blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".gabe blockquote b, .pizzabox blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]

[newclass=".gabe .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".gabe .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".gabe .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

close tab

played by

kodiak

Pokkenger
he/him
Nov. 25
Ballonlera, Galar
bisexual
vigilante
ex-elite four
single
6 ft 3 in height
6 ft 3 in height
victory is in the pocket!
awards
2,604 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kazimir
Kazimir Wynter
tarnished pride
POSTED ON Mar 18, 2022 17:40:07 GMT
Kazimir Wynter Avatar
[attr="class","pokkenger"]

"Coming iiiiin" The door opened up and came in through the doors was a hulking blonde just short a bit of gabe's size carrying a vase full of flowers in one hand. Gabriel would probably recognize him for two reasons, one was the fact that he was a newly appointed member of the elite four who made a speech before they headed into the ruins that lead to the second reason that the blonde might seem familiar; the fact that his sea double was the "late" king of the sea people that tried to murder them all on the aqua initiative.

"Hoooows the big man himself doing? When I heard one of us got it really bad I figure I come and see it for myself." Also a bit of morbid curiosity as not many of them had injuries as severe as Gabriel so Kazimir felt like he should be a good co worker of sorts and pay a visit or two. As he set the flowers down beside the hospital bed he turned to look over Gabe with his hands on his hips, his eyes finding it hard to look away from the Donphan in the room, "Seriously though, I heard you got rid of your arm yourself. That's...crazy. And that's coming from me so you kinda gotta figure its insane." He chuckled as he tried to fill the room with some lighthearted jokes at his own expense.

[newclass=.pokkenger] [/newclass]
[newclass=.pokkenger b] color: #18d13f;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pokkenger i] color: #18d13f;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pokkenger u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #18d13f;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

greyson

gabe
he / him
forty-five
december fourth
slateport city
heterosexual
ceo
councilman
191 height
191 height
awards
717 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gabe
GABRIEL BLACK
tarnished pride
POSTED ON Mar 26, 2022 1:01:51 GMT
GABRIEL BLACK Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gabe"]
[attr="class","top"]

the incessant beeping of the machines were the only company he'd had these past few days. the operation had been classified, therefore, not even his family knew of his condition yet. would get a kick out of this, probably.
[break][break]
so, color him surprised when someone else comes into the room.
[break][break]
. one of the elite four. he vaguely remembered the man braving the rapids instead of the safety of the canoe. gabriel blinks, resting his back against the wall.
[break][break]
"it's what the situation called for," his voice hoarse from lack of use, and from hours of screaming, "anyone would've done the same." if they'd been in the same position.
[break][break]
but, the truly powerful wouldn't have been. this was just a reminder of how far he had to go.
[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"] [break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-pyroar"]

[newclass=".gabe"]--accent:#bf4f51; [/newclass]

[newclass=".gabe blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".gabe blockquote b, .pizzabox blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]

[newclass=".gabe .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".gabe .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".gabe .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

close tab

played by

kodiak

Pokkenger
he/him
Nov. 25
Ballonlera, Galar
bisexual
vigilante
ex-elite four
single
6 ft 3 in height
6 ft 3 in height
awards
2,604 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kazimir
Kazimir Wynter
tarnished pride
POSTED ON Apr 17, 2022 20:57:17 GMT
Kazimir Wynter Avatar

"Well you won't hear any arguments from me. Not like I tried to do something like that back there myself." He recalls the to the attempt to sacrifice his own safety for everyone else by offering his spot in one of the canoes they rode in on the way down to the sea temple only for the group as a whole deciding that piling into one boat was the better option. Still that was in the past and now it was time to focus on the present and even the future as optimistic as it may be. Of course such foresight was something Gabriel probably wasn't thinking of in that moment when they dealt with their aquatic doubles.

"Still that was pretty extreme of you to pull something like that. I've heard a few things here and there and the impression I get is that your a pretty intense guy. I kinda respect that but also think you kinda take it a step too far." What sounded admonishing was mixed with a grin from Kazimir as he pulled up a chair to sit and relax in by kicking his leg over the other and cross his hands behind his head as he leaned back and let his body relax, "But enough about that, I've been going around asking people about the whole thing and I wanted your thoughts about our little run in with those sea folk. Think we got anything to worry about them trying to mimic our old friends the megalopolans and try to come to us? They sure do have stranger powers if not just as strange as those guys. At least they weren't trying to eat people just drown us."

[newclass=.pokkenger u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #18d13f;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

greyson

gabe
he / him
forty-five
december fourth
slateport city
heterosexual
ceo
councilman
191 height
191 height
awards
717 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gabe
GABRIEL BLACK
tarnished pride
POSTED ON Apr 30, 2022 15:06:46 GMT
GABRIEL BLACK Avatar
gabriel steels his jaw and grinds his teeth, breathing deeply into his large frame against the man's comments. he was a man that relied on the perception of others and his own natural patience; it was tested now.

"do you always speak what's on your mind, mr. wynter?" that of course wasn't the priority here, and his tarnished pride could wait. he shifts his focus on moving forward. it's all he has now.

"i don't know. i recall seeing your copies head removed from his shoulders, and seeing as he was their leader, they're likely disorganized right now."

close tab

played by

kodiak

Pokkenger
he/him
Nov. 25
Ballonlera, Galar
bisexual
vigilante
ex-elite four
single
6 ft 3 in height
6 ft 3 in height
awards
2,604 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kazimir
Kazimir Wynter
tarnished pride
POSTED ON May 25, 2022 4:24:48 GMT
Kazimir Wynter Avatar

"ah...yeah...he did." the memory was clear as day as kaz recalled seeing his own head separated from his body as it fell over in a pool of...blood? it was such a surreal thing sometimes he wonder if he was just having some kind of nightmare in the middle of that mess. he clearly didn't but every time he thought back to it it was not something that could be seen as "normal". after all he watched himself get essetianlly murdered right before his eyes, it was kind of harrowing.

"yeah your probably right. but they did have their own who was their queen so i doubt they'd be in total chaos. heck she might be the more dangerous of the pair, she had kyogre under her control" if they brought that version of kyogre with them if they ever invade he wondered if their good captain dross could use her own to try and fight back. it would be one heck of a storm on the ocean if it did. although speaking of people in charge it did raise a question in his head as he turned towards the ginger giant with a curious look.

"hey what about your double? do you think he'd be able to rally them all. if i had to pick a list of people who could get people to follow them i think you'd be on there at least."

close tab

played by

greyson

gabe
he / him
forty-five
december fourth
slateport city
heterosexual
ceo
councilman
191 height
191 height
awards
717 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gabe
GABRIEL BLACK
tarnished pride
POSTED ON May 31, 2022 4:03:21 GMT
GABRIEL BLACK Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gabe"]
his question brings forth a bark of cut-off laughter, one that feels more venomous than anything else.
[Break][break]
"skyler, maybe. my copy?" he thought to his own abilities - his weaknesses and strengths, the broken home he'd fostered, the front he puts on.
[Break][break]
"no, i don't think he can. but he is a slave to a god. anything is possible."
[Break][break]
he pauses.
[Break][break]
"how'd it feel seeing your head removed?"

[attr="class","notes"][break]

[attr="class","wizzcredit"]

[newclass=".gabe"] --accent:#b75d5d; [/newclass]

[newclass=".gabe"]margin:0 auto;width:470px;line-height:15px;margin-top:-20px;margin-bottom:50px; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px;letter-spacing:0.5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gabe blockquote b"] color:var(--accent); font:bold 12px 'Poppins'; } .gabe blockquote i { color:var(--accent); } .gabe blockquote u { letter-spacing:1px; text-decoration:none; border-bottom:1px dotted; [/newclass]
[newclass=".gabe .wizzcredit"]float:right;margin-top:25px;margin-right:-40px;height:12px;width:12px;border-radius:5px;font-size:8px;line-height:12px;padding:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gabe .notes"] margin:25px 30px -15px 30px; text-align:center; padding-top:10px; border-top:1px solid #222; font:11px 'Poppins'; text-transform:uppercase; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

kodiak

Pokkenger
he/him
Nov. 25
Ballonlera, Galar
bisexual
vigilante
ex-elite four
single
6 ft 3 in height
6 ft 3 in height
awards
2,604 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kazimir
Kazimir Wynter
tarnished pride
POSTED ON Jun 16, 2022 22:06:03 GMT
Kazimir Wynter Avatar

when he's asked the question about seeing his own head get lopped off his shoulders he raised a hand to his neck. he still remembered that pretty gruesomely as it wasn't easy seeing yourself get decapitated and even knowing the fact it was some other version of himself wasn't making it any easier to accept. it was still his face that he saw after all, it was haunting in a sense that he couldn't quite put into words but he was willing to try for the councilman.

"terrible. when it happened i swore i had a feeling like my own head was coming off my neck, like the blood in my neck ran cold. when i think about it i still get that feeling. i know it was another me but like...it was still me in a sense. kinda crazy he sort of got killed by our hands, if they weren't trying to kill us at the time man...that'd be a press nightmare wouldn't it." he wanted to play off the grim retelling of it all with a joke but...he wasn't laughing or even chuckling about it. just thinking back to how one second his other self was there one minute and in the next was just gone like that.

would that be him sometime in the future?

close tab

played by

greyson

gabe
he / him
forty-five
december fourth
slateport city
heterosexual
ceo
councilman
191 height
191 height
awards
717 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gabe
GABRIEL BLACK
tarnished pride
POSTED ON Jun 20, 2022 2:02:16 GMT
GABRIEL BLACK Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gabe"]
the elite four member's words bring about a thought, one that has him bringing him fresh stump to hover right in front of him.
[break][break]
"i wonder if my copy felt the same?" it wasn't aimed at , not really, and soon enough he pushes the intrusive thought back down to the depths from where it'll linger.
[break][break]
"was it your first time watching a man die?"

[newclass=".gabe"]margin:0 auto;width:470px;line-height:15px;margin-top:-20px;margin-bottom:50px; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px;letter-spacing:0.5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gabe blockquote b"] color:var(--accent); font:bold 12px 'Poppins'; } .gabe blockquote i { color:var(--accent); } .gabe blockquote u { letter-spacing:1px; text-decoration:none; border-bottom:1px dotted; [/newclass]
[newclass=".gabe .wizzcredit"]float:right;margin-top:25px;margin-right:-40px;height:12px;width:12px;border-radius:5px;font-size:8px;line-height:12px;padding:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gabe .notes"] margin:25px 30px -15px 30px; text-align:center; padding-top:10px; border-top:1px solid #222; font:11px 'Poppins'; text-transform:uppercase; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

kodiak

Pokkenger
he/him
Nov. 25
Ballonlera, Galar
bisexual
vigilante
ex-elite four
single
6 ft 3 in height
6 ft 3 in height
awards
2,604 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kazimir
Kazimir Wynter
tarnished pride
POSTED ON Aug 2, 2022 17:00:59 GMT
Kazimir Wynter Avatar

"hm..."

the elite four members face seemed to twist into a thinking one as he recalled a few times where death was something he was sort of used too. thinking back on it...no he was sort of familiar with it. and the fact that it didn't seem to phase him was either a sign of some kind of inner strength...or lack of empathy for his fellow man. maybe it just messed with his head and all the excitement that came afterward didn't make him realize. "uh...not really. i was part of that whole megalopolan war that tore hoenn apart for three days. but...if i'm being honest it was even before that. what about you though? guy that does some crazy stuff you did seemed to not be bothered by it too much."

close tab

played by

greyson

gabe
he / him
forty-five
december fourth
slateport city
heterosexual
ceo
councilman
191 height
191 height
awards
717 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gabe
GABRIEL BLACK
tarnished pride
POSTED ON Aug 6, 2022 17:34:47 GMT
GABRIEL BLACK Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gabe"]
gabriel nods. he hadn't been part of that war, that skirmish, but he'd read about it. right shit show that was.

[break][break]
"a condition of my job," he says heavily, "i've ruined men to the point where death would've been seen as a reprieve." most had deserved it, some had not. "but my ideology is the same, whether in business, or in ripping off my own arm — grit your teeth and move forward."
[break][break]
let the damning consequences come after.