awards
1,490 posts
part of
TAG WITH @paxton
paxton concordas
secret garden [s]
POSTED ON Mar 23, 2022 1:32:51 GMT
paxton concordas Avatar

as fun as it had been finding the place with and his beautiful horses, he didn't want to pester the man every time he needed a ride to to the woods. After all, he was more than capable of finding his way on his own. And if he was being honest, the Rapidash had had a hard time coming all the way to the base. He didn't want to make them do it again. So instead he sat, a cold can of beer dug a little into the soft flower bed as he carefully tended to the stranger flowers.

He'd gotten it around the speed dating event. On his way out, chasing in fact. He'd wanted to leave it but the girl at the couther had insisted. And he'd be lying if he said that smelling it hadn't calmed him pretty quickly at the event hall. A shame it wasn't an indoor plant. Instead he'd taken to cultivating a little square of earth for his garden, right outside the secret base. He'd spend a couple days out here, drinking beer and eating whatever he found or snacks he brought, and then he'd go home. It was nice to get out of the city for a spell. He set his watering can down, laying back in the little folding chair and picking up his beer to sip, right as someone walked through the shrubbery in front of his hide out. "What in the sam hill-" he began eyeing as he moved through.

close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
secret garden [s]
POSTED ON Mar 23, 2022 2:08:01 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
This seed thing was growing more and more into a hassle.

First, he had to plant it, then he had to water it (multiple times??), and now he apparently had to ensure no bugs were infesting its leaves? Truly, if he knew this seed would grow into such an issue, he wouldn't have planted it in the first place.

Unfortunately for Felix, he wasn't the type to give up on something he's committed to. So, despite these hidden inconveniences, he continued to make time for his regular scheduled visits.

As always, the man briskly trekked through the forest with a sense of ease. This had been his third visit to the woods, so he'd grown comfortable enough to move without much caution.

Solid footsteps escaped the rustling shrubbery and he soon faced with a blonde stranger lounging back with a beer. With a blank expression, Felix began to tend to his planted seed. The same planted seed that was located only a couple of feet to the stranger's right.

close tab

played by

kimmy

pax
he/they
may 26
vermillion city, kanto
pansexual
intel and accountability officer
deputy director
then i'll become the monster, i will deal the blow
awards
1,490 posts
part of
TAG WITH @paxton
paxton concordas
secret garden [s]
POSTED ON Apr 4, 2022 23:40:20 GMT
paxton concordas Avatar

"'Scuse me." Paxton said after a moment of watching the man. He didn't move closer, recognizing the man vaguely from their bout in the ring. It'd taken him a moment, but he recognized their eyes. They didn't seem aggressive, if anything he was probably the more aggressive one here based on his body language. Still, it's strange to see him here again.

He didn't remember seeing that before. He was sure he'd only really gotten one rather weird flower seed. He could only assume Felix was doing the same as he was. "How-...how long ago did you plant that there?" he asked, squinting at the man. Didn't he realize this place was taken? "If you've got the same thing as me, it's rare enough on its own. Why risk planting it where someone's clearly been?" Maybe he'd thought him stupid and that he'd care for the plant as well as his own.

close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
secret garden [s]
POSTED ON Apr 8, 2022 5:11:48 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
Felix, more or less, ignored the squawking coming from the man, and instead, silently knelt beside the planted sprout, aiding it with an adequate amount of water and bug repellent.

"I planted it a while ago,"
He eventually explained, eyes still set onto the shimmering plant. "Didn't think it was taken."

When he was satisfied with the state of the seedling, he slowly lifted himself back onto his feet, turned around, and looked toward the stranger. Despite his impassive expression, a hint of curiosity had sparked inside him. "Why is it rare?"

close tab

played by

kimmy

pax
he/they
may 26
vermillion city, kanto
pansexual
deputy director
awards
1,490 posts
part of
TAG WITH @paxton
paxton concordas
secret garden [s]
POSTED ON Apr 12, 2022 0:43:35 GMT
paxton concordas Avatar

Paxton stared at him for a moment. It's jarring but it's also effort to kick up anymore of a fuss than he already had. He held back a sigh. "Yeah? The other plots of flowers didn't tip ya off?" he asked, sounding more sarcastic than he intended to be.

He tilted his head before pointing at it. "Ya got it from that weird event thing right? Like a speed dating prize?" he asked. That's how he'd gotten his after he'd marched out at the end. His date with had been the last before he decided he needed to clear his head and track down one fucking redhead. "Think so...it'd hard to raise anyway. Effort must be worth something, yeah?" he added pointing at his own seedling. But there were other things spaced out further. The beginning of a couple of hydrangeas, some daffodils. Easy to take care of stuff.

close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
secret garden [s]
POSTED ON Apr 14, 2022 5:27:12 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
"No," he replied flatly. Were the other plots of flowers a big away, sure, but Felix always had an issue with object permanence. He was like a Growlithe-- the moment something unimportant leaves his eye of sight, it vanishes from existence.

"As long as they don't die. " Maybe it was worth it, or maybe they were both wasting their time. Either way, Felix would have to come to this damned forest to find out.

- felix just continues to STAND there

close tab

played by

kimmy

pax
he/they
may 26
vermillion city, kanto
pansexual
deputy director
awards
1,490 posts
part of
TAG WITH @paxton
paxton concordas
secret garden [s]
POSTED ON Apr 17, 2022 0:43:20 GMT
paxton concordas Avatar

Paxton eyes the stranger before sighing. He'd already planted there. He wasn't about to make him uproot it. He snorted at Felix before replying with, "Doubt it. They're pretty sturdy as long as you water them regularly." That and he had made sure to drop a ton of repel sprays around the sanctuary to keep out pesky bug pokemon.

He got up, going inside the hole in the the ground for a few minutes before popping back up with another chair and an extra beer. "When you're done, why don't ya come sit with me then." he said. "If y'want anyway."

close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
secret garden [s]
POSTED ON Apr 17, 2022 4:30:27 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
"Sure."

The answer had popped out faster than he had thought it would. But, to be fair, it had been a long day, and a chance to relax with a cold beer sounded better than trudging immediately back home.

Felix went and quickly finished up tending his seedling. Then, with that matter settled, he'd go and saunter back over to the man, wearing a frown itching for some beer.

Reaching out his hand, he accepted the welcoming drink and slowly plopped himself into the spare chair. "...how long do you stay here," He asked before taking a swing of the drink.

close tab

played by

kimmy

pax
he/they
may 26
vermillion city, kanto
pansexual
deputy director
awards
1,490 posts
part of
TAG WITH @paxton
paxton concordas
secret garden [s]
POSTED ON Apr 17, 2022 6:33:22 GMT
paxton concordas Avatar

Paxton let out an easy grin as he set the can of beer into the little mech cup holder in the chair, allowing Felix to drink as he pleased. "There's more, so feel free." he said wit ha small shrug. He took a long sip of his, reveling in the chill and the taste. Nothing better than kicking back in the outdoors. Just him, his plant, and the random guy that was also taking care of their own plant baby.

"Mmm...just a few hours give or take. Good place to relax. Bad to sleep though. A hole in the ground isn't as warm as one might think." he said with another snort. "I come out, drink a little, then my Corviknight flies me back to Lilycove." he said before taking another drink. "And you?" he asked, taking a moment to reach over and tap his can to Felix's and smile. "Cheers."

close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
secret garden [s]
POSTED ON Apr 19, 2022 2:02:46 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
He nodded, understanding the sentiment.

"I usually leave after tending her." Relaxation wasn't exactly something he'd been used to thinking about. When work had settled, the options were to sleep or train, not sit around and sip on some beers with a stranger. But... he had to admit how nice it felt to sit back for once. Even the beer somehow tasted a bit more refreshing than it normally does.

"Cheers." He muttered beneath the sharp clank of the two bottles. For a moment, it's ringing reminded him of a time long ago. "...what time do you normally come out here?"

close tab

played by

kimmy

pax
he/they
may 26
vermillion city, kanto
pansexual
deputy director
awards
1,490 posts
part of
TAG WITH @paxton
paxton concordas
secret garden [s]
POSTED ON Apr 27, 2022 0:05:13 GMT
paxton concordas Avatar

"Mmm...you look like you'd benefit from staying out with her a lil' longer." Paxton said with a snort before nodding at their drinks clanked together before he took another long sip. He tilted his head in thought, narrowing his eyes a little as he thought about it. "Uhh...if I'm not too tired, I try to come around 6 ish on Wednesdays and Fridays. Sometimes I'll have a picnic out here on Sundays though." he explained with a shrug. This had taken up his hiking time. Instead of trotting around Mt. Pyre for exercise, he got his outdoorsy fix by gardening his strange flower.

"Why? Y'wanna try to meet up?" he asked, before following up immediately with, "Or y'trynna score som'more free beer?"

close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
secret garden [s]
POSTED ON May 2, 2022 4:40:49 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
Felix nodded thoughtfully. It did sound like a good break after the occasional rough day.

A shot of air blew out from his nostrils. "A little of both," He admitted. Taking another long swing of his beer, Felix's eyes took a long sweeping glance at their surroundings yet again. It was increasingly scary how tempting these offers of relaxation were becoming -- though, that might be a symptom of his new workload.

His eyes flicked back over to Paxton, curious. "Would you mind if I did?'

close tab

played by

kimmy

pax
he/they
may 26
vermillion city, kanto
pansexual
deputy director
awards
1,490 posts
part of
TAG WITH @paxton
paxton concordas
secret garden [s]
POSTED ON May 9, 2022 0:19:21 GMT
paxton concordas Avatar

Paxton cracked a grin at his companion at the honesty. He appreciated it at least. He nodded at the stranger. "Naw. I'll just keep you in mind when I refresh the cooler." he said wit ha shrug. He wouldn't mind the company, especially of someone that could be similar to him. They both had little to say and seemed to be ok with chilling out in the wilderness.

"I can show you my secret base, if you like."

close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
secret garden [s]
POSTED ON Jun 9, 2022 5:56:02 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
Eyebrows raising, he looked over towards the other man.

"Secret base?"

The words echoed out, slow and confused. Did anyone over the age of 15 have one of those?

"Like a fort?"

close tab

played by

kimmy

pax
he/they
may 26
vermillion city, kanto
pansexual
deputy director
awards
1,490 posts
part of
TAG WITH @paxton
paxton concordas
secret garden [s]
POSTED ON Jun 20, 2022 3:27:35 GMT
paxton concordas Avatar

"Naw. Like...a secret base." he explained, arching an eyebrow at his companion before setting his beer in the cupholder and begrudgingly getting up. He walk back towards the soft hill before kicking over some dirt. Dropping to one knee, he fiddled with a lock on the ground before dropping through a hole and disappearing.

Seconds alter his voice called out, echoing slightly. "C'mere. It's a little cooler." he said before the steps of him walking away faded softly. The base wasn't that big. It's definitely several degrees cooler and there's basic furniture set up. A couple of books to pass the time and...the fabled cooler. Stocked. "This one's the farthest out one I have so...it's not the prettiest. But I'll use it for now while I'm tending that garden."