awards
3,796 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
Two heads are better than one [C]
POSTED ON May 20, 2022 13:11:35 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

The strangely-colored Zweilous was moving around—and it was looking like there was something coming.

Much as he wanted to lob a chunk of Psychic energy at the dual-type, it wasn’t going to work, so the next best thing to do was to allow the Zweilous to come in close to let their guard down, allowing the attack to scorch his surface for a few moments before he lifted one of his legs and then slugged out with a Meteor Mash attack at close range.

If that didn’t work, then what would? At least he had one other attack available to lash out with just in case the Zweilous got another idea to burn him.

close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
I wanna become a Pokémon!
awards
1,679 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON May 20, 2022 14:12:33 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
Of course Chomper knew how powerful Meteor Mash could be - especially at close range - but what he failed to predict was how fast it'd be thanks to the Metagross having used Agility earlier in the battle. While the Fire Fang connecting was a small victory, it paled in comparison to the punch Ro's signature move packed.

He wouldn't have to lash out with his other attack today. That expertly-timed Meteor Mash was all that it took to take the wind out of the Zweilous' sails, a testament not only to Ro's unmatched prowess, but also to Lars' calculated, methodical skills as a trainer.

Andrea and Missy worriedly ran up to the knocked down Zweilous. "Chomper, are you alright?!" The double-headed dragon nodded at her question, groggily getting up and regarding Ro with a respectful nod. A rare display of humility from the usually arrogant Chomper, for the Steel-type behemoth had bested him in combat fair and square.

"I think Chomper is saying... 'Not bad. I expected nothing less from my rival.' Or something along those lines..." The young PokéManiac mused, spraying her partner with a Potion to treat his wounds, before approaching Lars and extending her hand for a handshake. "That was a good rematch. We came so close. Next time we're gonna beat you for sure!" The trainer of Dragons boasted with a bright smile, ever the optimist.
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
is gonna be the loneliest
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,796 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON May 20, 2022 16:19:29 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

At the same time the Zweilous was sent flying towards the opposite side of the space, he also broke out into a run toward their side of the field. The Lucario remained on his side of the field, resisting the urge to give his human a facepalm because who knew he would also be concerned like that.

She didn’t have to go far for him to return the handshake, because he’d closed the distance and was near the two.

“You know, the moment he evolves into his final form, that’s when shit’s going to get real,” he said with the barest hint of a smirk crossing his face.

“The only other Pokémon who’s managed to defeat Ro in single combat is… well, you guessed it, it was Alpha, of all things.”

The Lucario then gave a little bow, but the Metagross’s stare was still affixed on the Zweilous, before he heard a grating noise.

“And Ro said that he awaits the next challenge, too.”

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,944 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON May 21, 2022 5:18:22 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]BATTLE COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: