part of
TAG WITH @mint
mint frost
mysteries in bloom [ee]
POSTED ON Apr 12, 2022 0:15:23 GMT
mint frost Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

The crystal blooms were a mystery that all scientist on Hoenn were trying to decipher. Rocket's own lab of egg heads is no exception. On orders from , Mint was tasked with safely collecting and retrieving specimens of the fast blooming flowers. It was yet to be determined how harmful this would be to the local ecosystem, what effects they had to pokemon ( how powerful that attractive scent was ), were they an after effect of the Tree of Life blooming etc, etc, etc. [break][break]

All these questions had more or less come at him through one ear and out the other. He'd only stopped by the get a little maintenance on his nifty glasses. But...considering how Dr. Flint was already doing him enough favors with her side projects upon his request, he accepted the errand well enough. Plus, he was interested too. "These flowers are amazing aren't they? Blooming on volcanic rock and all!" He said to his partner, turning to who had joined him on his little nightly excursion. "After we grab some buds and observe a little wanna get some late night diner food? You can stay over again if it gets too late." he added with a grin. [break][break]

Despite the errand and the curiosities they would encounter, Mint was the most excited about hanging out with the mercenary. They were friends after all, and Felix looked like the type that needed to be forced to take a break every once in a while.

[break][break]

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.blboxbl]font:11px roboto;--accent:#a4d6d1;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxbl b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
mysteries in bloom [ee]
POSTED ON Apr 15, 2022 17:24:40 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
The crystal flower phenomenon was far from Felix's field of interests. If something didn't involve improving his battling style, aim, fighting capabilities, or anything goal-related, then well, it wasn't something he would care for. But, to be honest, work had been acting restless as of late. Hours are stretching out into the night, and even his rocket-related missions are becoming more and more complex. So, when Mint called him up for a reprieve, had insisted he went.

"Sounds good," he yawned out. As they walked, he was stretching out each of his arms, one by one, across his chest until they made a satisfying BOP sound. "How far out is it, anyways?"

close tab

played by

kimmy

peppermint, micha
he/they
january 19
hearthome city, sinnoh
homiesexual
ig baddie
rocket beast
you gon' be
addicted to my eyes
5'6" height
5'6" height
✨ I'm addicted to shining and glowing
awards
2,668 posts
mint frost DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @mint
mint frost
mysteries in bloom [ee]
POSTED ON Apr 17, 2022 0:23:15 GMT
mint frost Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minty"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","colorbar"]

[attr="class","bg"]

[attr="class","main"]

"Just ahead. See the glowing?" he said as they crested another rocky hill. Just over not 50 ft away on top of a cooled magma from the Groudon incident, was a patch of glowing blooms swaying lightly in the breeze. He nudged Felix. "See?"

[break][break]

He pulled out a pokeball to let out Canoli, a happy, shaggy white dog that looked up at Felix before letting out a soft park. He then looked over at Mint who nodded at the patch. "Do a perimeter check and scare off any pokemon coming towards it. I heard they can get pretty violent. I wonder why that is though?" he said as he pulled out a little pick meant to help excavate the bloom samples. "Guess Lulu will tell us if she figures it out." he said with a snort.

[attr="class","ooc"]
tagged ▸ ooc

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","pkmnbar"]

[attr="class","icon"]

[newclass=".minty"]width:500px; margin:0px auto; border:20px solid #141414; background:#141414; border-radius:50px 50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty"]--accent:#94effa; --accent2:#f0ffc5;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .bg"]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/bvgZ1Rv/image.png);[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .top"]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/h7pSrwb/image.png); height:375px; border-radius:30px 30px 0px 0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .colorbar"]background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom right; background-color:var(--accent); height:30px; margin-top:-90px; position:absolute; width:500px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .main"]font:11px/15px 'Roboto'; color:#fff; text-align:justify; padding:20px 70px 0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .main b"]color:var(--accent); font:bold 12px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .ooc"]margin-top:10px; padding:10px 30px; border-top:1px solid var(--accent); font:10px 'Roboto Mono';[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .ooc b"]font:13px 'Poppins'; text-transform:uppercase; font-style:italic; font-weight:600!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .bottom"]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/QPjr1Rg/image.png); height:128px; border-radius:0px 0px 30px 30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .pkmnbar"]position:absolute; margin-left:125px; margin-top:20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .pkmnbar img"]filter:grayscale(1); margin-left:-3px; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .pkmnbar img:hover"]filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .icon"]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/V37YtyS/image.png); background-size:cover; height:110px; width:110px; border-radius:100px; margin:10px 10px 10px 10px; position:absolute; filter:grayscale(10%) sepia(10%);[/newclass]

[googlefont=Roboto|Montserrat|Roboto+Mono|Poppins:500,600,700]
close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
mysteries in bloom [ee]
POSTED ON Apr 17, 2022 5:24:55 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
Felix offered a slow, understanding nod as he narrowed his gaze to patching of glowing blooms.

"I do see."

When Mint went and sent out his Pokemon, Felix followed suit, releasing his staraptor from its ball with swift ease. "Do the same," He ordered the flying-type briefly after his partner had finished giving off his commands.

After the two had departed from their trainers, Felix glanced at Mint. "We're just here to retrieve it, right? Seems simple enough."

close tab

played by

kimmy

peppermint, micha
he/they
january 19
hearthome city, sinnoh
homiesexual
ig baddie
rocket beast
you gon' be
addicted to my eyes
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,668 posts
mint frost DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @mint
mint frost
mysteries in bloom [ee]
POSTED ON Apr 17, 2022 5:50:21 GMT
mint frost Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minty"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","bg"]

[attr="class","main"]

Mint waved off the two pokemon, Canoli letting out a few bark's at his partner for the evening, before turning back to Felix. "Yup! This place is easy pickings!" he said as he handed Felix a couple of plastic jars and a permanent marker. "I can get them out, you just write down our location and the time. And amount I guess." he said as he put on a pair of clear glasses before kneeling beside the edge of the patch. [break][break]

The blooms were smaller here but despite the shirt time they'd been around the roots has easily cracked to hardened magma. It took a few minutes to smash out the first attempt and by then he found out he'd damaged the roots. He set is aside. "I think we got something for parts if we fuck up the live samples." he said with a laugh before trying it once more. [break][break]

"So, have you done anything fun recently? A hobby? A trip? A date??"

[attr="class","ooc"]
tagged ▸ ooc

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","pkmnbar"]

[attr="class","icon"]

[newclass=".minty"]width:500px; margin:0px auto; border:20px solid #141414; background:#141414; border-radius:50px 50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .bg"]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/bvgZ1Rv/image.png);[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .top"]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/h7pSrwb/image.png); height:375px; border-radius:30px 30px 0px 0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .colorbar"]background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom right; background-color:var(--accent); height:30px; margin-top:-90px; position:absolute; width:500px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .main"]font:11px/15px 'Roboto'; color:#fff; text-align:justify; padding:20px 70px 0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .main b"]color:var(--accent); font:bold 12px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .ooc"]margin-top:10px; padding:10px 30px; border-top:1px solid var(--accent); font:10px 'Roboto Mono';[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .ooc b"]font:13px 'Poppins'; text-transform:uppercase; font-style:italic; font-weight:600!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .bottom"]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/QPjr1Rg/image.png); height:128px; border-radius:0px 0px 30px 30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .pkmnbar"]position:absolute; margin-left:125px; margin-top:20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .pkmnbar img"]filter:grayscale(1); margin-left:-3px; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .pkmnbar img:hover"]filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .icon"]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/V37YtyS/image.png); background-size:cover; height:110px; width:110px; border-radius:100px; margin:10px 10px 10px 10px; position:absolute; filter:grayscale(10%) sepia(10%);[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
mysteries in bloom [ee]
POSTED ON Apr 17, 2022 6:14:57 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
"Got it." He nodded.

Grabbing the permanent marker and jars, the mercenary silently peered down at Mint as he worked away at the bloomings, lightly curious about how the process even worked. He knew for a fact that if he were the one doing the collecting, nothing would get done.

Unfortunately, while staring down at his hands at work, the harder part of this job revealed itself: answering Mint's instant questions. "I don't know." Was Felix's natural response. "I went out with you?"

close tab

played by

kimmy

peppermint, micha
he/they
january 19
hearthome city, sinnoh
homiesexual
ig baddie
rocket beast
you gon' be
addicted to my eyes
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,668 posts
mint frost DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @mint
mint frost
mysteries in bloom [ee]
POSTED ON Apr 17, 2022 6:42:34 GMT
mint frost Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minty"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","bg"]

[attr="class","main"]

Mint grinned. Felix was dependable and the job was easy. This would be over in no time. The second try is a little more fruitful with most of the roots intact. Only a petal or two lost. He carefully slid it into Felix's open jar before brushing away the bits of rock and rubble that he'd made and beginning to work on the next flower. [break][break]

"But we didn't go out on a date~ We did have fun though. Or- Well, I had a lot of fun." he admitted as the little hammer went tink, tink, tink on the rock. "Nothing aside form that? Do you just go home and do nothing?" he pressed on, leaning his shoulder on Felix to nudge him again before righting himself. "I got my ass beat by another grunt in training. Her name was, uh.... And she figured out Cacio is named after chese!" Mint said with a laugh. "Your turn." he continued, pausing in his work to look at Felix. "Something fun. Anything you had fun on."

[attr="class","ooc"]
tagged ▸ ooc

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","pkmnbar"]

[attr="class","icon"]

close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
mysteries in bloom [ee]
POSTED ON Apr 19, 2022 0:04:33 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
The sound of marker screeching against the clear glass scratched at their ears as Felix slowly etched out the location, time, and amount for each jar.

"I had fun, too." For once his response acts quick, lacing itself immediately after Mint's mini confession. He didn't want the man to keep misunderstanding his feelings-- despite his lack of words, he had truly begun warming up to his vibrant colleague. Somehow, his endless supply of energy wasn't always tiring to be around, and sometimes (though rare) he even preferred it.

" ?" His voice echoed back the unfamiliar name. For a second, he wondered what this woman looked like. How she battled like. The standard for beating Mint was already pretty...low, but he still grew curious about exactly how low it was. "Huh."

When the conversation finally shifted the spotlight back onto Felix, he only stared back at Mint and frowned. Something fun? Between work and training, was that even a possibility? He had helped August with some of his Algebra homework, which was a nice usage of bonding time, but somehow he expected that that wasn't the type of answer his companion was digging for. "I reconnected with an old friend of mine, I guess..."

@tag

close tab

played by

kimmy

peppermint, micha
he/they
january 19
hearthome city, sinnoh
homiesexual
ig baddie
rocket beast
you gon' be
addicted to my eyes
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,668 posts
mint frost DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @mint
mint frost
mysteries in bloom [ee]
POSTED ON Apr 19, 2022 0:28:37 GMT
mint frost Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minty"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","bg"]

[attr="class","main"]

He paused in his work to look at Felix before flashing a big, toothy grin. Mint sort of understood Felix, much like Jayden, probably had some difficulty with words. Actions speak louder and all that. But its still nice to hear affirmation that he wasn't ALL pest and annoying. "Yeah Cygne! She's really nice!" he reiterated. "Another possible friend for you~ Wink wink nudge nudge." he added. [break][break]

He let himself get distracted and while holding the little pick awkwardly, hammered it too close to his skin, pinching his finger pad with the ground. "SHIT-" he hissed as he dropped the tools and began sucking on his index finger. He chewed on it like a dog before his eyes fluttered back to Felix. He blew on the injured finger before nodding quickly at his companion. "O-Oh! That's fun! I'm glad, it's always nice to reconnected with new friend." His eyebrows ere knit together in pain and a little melancholy as he thought of his own lost friends. [break][break]

Things with @artemis had gone down so horridly, he doubted they'd ever patch it up. But...maybe it was for the best for the both of them. His eyes had dropped down to the ground before quickly shooting back up at Felix. "So how'd it go? Hanging out with them? Are they in Rocket too?"

[attr="class","ooc"]
tagged ▸ ooc

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","pkmnbar"]

[attr="class","icon"]

close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
mysteries in bloom [ee]
POSTED ON Apr 22, 2022 22:33:41 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
Like always, the mention of went in one ear, then came out the other. It wasn't intentional, of course, but it happened nonetheless.

Felix glanced down at Mint as he slammed the hammer against his thumb, chuckled, then went back to writing. It wasn't until his friend further probed for more answers that he stepped away from the jar marking to give a brief response.

"No, they aren't from Rocket." Far from it, actually. It was still a bit shocking that had managed to become one of the league's head scientists, though, on the other hand, she always held that potential. Despite her looks, her mental fortitude extended far beyond most of his coworkers and her drive for answers was definitely unrivaled. But, even then, it was still crazy to think about...

These thoughts alone were enough to produce a sliver of a smile from the stoic man.

"It went well. She's..." His hand froze as his brain attempted to crank out a response. "...the same as always."

close tab

played by

kimmy

peppermint, micha
he/they
january 19
hearthome city, sinnoh
homiesexual
ig baddie
rocket beast
you gon' be
addicted to my eyes
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,668 posts
mint frost DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @mint
mint frost
mysteries in bloom [ee]
POSTED ON Apr 25, 2022 21:35:53 GMT
mint frost Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minty"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","bg"]

[attr="class","main"]

Mint watched, waiting patiently for Felix to formulate his thoughts and speak. He was more used to the silence that followed him, but he knew better than to think Felix was ignoring him. Now anyway. Before it'd been pretty hit or miss. [break][break]

He tried not to look too disappointed. Rocket wasn't the best for everyone after all. "Ah, so I won't run into them then." he said with a small shrug. "Well, whatever. I'm glad you found them again." he said before quieting down once more as the mercenary tried to describe them. [break][break]

He was smiling. Mint squinted, having only really seen that expression when the man was drunk. "Well, hopefully Rocket doesn't keep you TOO busy to hang out with them this week? Hopefully? And do something? Fun? Maybe???" he said lightly nudging Felix with elbow as he set his tools down. "One sec...I gotta find a band aid to keep the rock dust out." he murmured as he worked on pulling stuff out of his bag. Most of them were sweets, and the occasionally bag of chips.

[attr="class","ooc"]
tagged ▸ ooc

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","pkmnbar"]

[attr="class","icon"]

close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
mysteries in bloom [ee]
POSTED ON Apr 25, 2022 21:50:25 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
The hint of a smile left as swiftly as it came, leaving behind no residue or reminders of it's existence.

"Maybe," He shrugged. Rocket and Anvil consumed so much of his schedule that it often became a worthless endeavor to even consider what'd he do with his spare time. Though, it would be nice to be able to spend some more time with . The distortion they were studying hadn't offered much time to catch up, too...

Again, Felix's outer function seemed to have paused, as his mind went into overdrive, clinking and cranking for a solution to the question Mint had unintentionally posed. "..."

close tab

played by

kimmy

peppermint, micha
he/they
january 19
hearthome city, sinnoh
homiesexual
ig baddie
rocket beast
you gon' be
addicted to my eyes
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,668 posts
mint frost DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @mint
mint frost
mysteries in bloom [ee]
POSTED ON Apr 25, 2022 22:08:52 GMT
mint frost Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minty"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","bg"]

[attr="class","main"]

Perhaps a lapse in work life balance was the reason Felix was so boring, not that Mint would say that to him again. Maybe there was stuff he didn't want to talk about taking his time. All the same, it felt like this was the easiest way to get him to relax. "I'm rooting for you two." he said back with a grin as he finally pulled out a bandage for his bruised finger. At least the bleeding had stopped, sorta. It'd slowed. [break][break]

Felix got quiet again, and Mint allowed him space as he put away his trash and carefully picked up his tools again, setting another rock encrusted bloom into a jar. He worked in silence, occasionally glancing around for an aggressive pokemon. He idly tapped the pokeballs at his waist only to release his Magikarp by accident. The lavender patterned fish flopped pathetically, momentarily panicked before righting itself at Mint quickly pat her to comfort her. "I'm SO sorry!! Relax..." he murmured to his pokemon. [break][break]

Eventually he piped up again. "Felix you like doing missions with me right?" he asked before not waiting for him to answer. Of course he did. They're friends. "If you want, we can just do a mission and I can handle it while you meet up with your friend. I won't tell." he offered.

[attr="class","ooc"]
tagged ▸ ooc

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","pkmnbar"]

[attr="class","icon"]

close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
mysteries in bloom [ee]
POSTED ON Apr 25, 2022 22:28:58 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
Felix had been so lost in thought he'd completely miss Mint's cheeky remark. It wasn't until an unexpected Magikarp fluttered across his vision did the man actually look back up and completely returned back to reality. Tilting his head, he simply watched, silent as always, as his partner eased the pokemon back down.

Brows raised, Felix's jaw hung loosely as Mint filled up the space between the initial question and the following suggestion. Eventually, when it came to his turn to reply, he had already defaulted back to a firm frown.

"No, you don't need to do that." He shook his head. He wanted to catch up with Illeana, sure, but not to the point of ditching his work. Especially if it meant burdening someone else with whatever he was walking away from. "I appreciate the suggestion, but it's okay"

close tab

played by

kimmy

peppermint, micha
he/they
january 19
hearthome city, sinnoh
homiesexual
ig baddie
rocket beast
you gon' be
addicted to my eyes
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,668 posts
mint frost DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @mint
mint frost
mysteries in bloom [ee]
POSTED ON Apr 25, 2022 23:08:54 GMT
mint frost Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minty"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","bg"]

[attr="class","main"]

Mint helped leaning his fish pokemon on his side, patting the oversized fish every so often until she seemed lulled into a calm sleepy trance. "You sure?" Mint asked, insisting. "It can be a mission like this! I could've done this by myself, but I just wanted to hang out with you." he added with a snort. [break][break]

Aside from the possibility of a wild pokemon, which he could easily defend from, some things Rocket gave him felt more like errands. But who was he to say no to easy money? He blew on his tools, knocking dust off of them and picking up a few more petals and seeds fell off the flowers they'd been working with. "Think this is enough?"

[attr="class","ooc"]
tagged ▸ ooc

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","pkmnbar"]

[attr="class","icon"]