the manner gang
he/him
twenty-seven
december 13th
verdanturf
straight
gang leader
n/a
wrapped in your regret, what a waste of blood and sweat.
awards
506 posts
NIKO MANNER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @niko
NIKO MANNER
BIRTHDAY GIRL
POSTED ON Apr 19, 2022 9:49:53 GMT
NIKO MANNER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","niko"]
[attr="class","top"]

her birthday. niko remembers; made an effort to engrave it into memory because it's always details like this that he forgets. so when april ninth finally rolls around, he already has plans in place.[break][break]

nothing fancy. no renting out a restaurant just for them. no midnight walks under the bright stars. nothing.[break][break]

just a simple home-cooked meal at home.[break][break]

or in other words, food poisoning. maybe.[break][break]

"babe can you pass me the salt?"

[attr="class","ooc"][break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-ditto"]

[newclass=".niko"]--accent:#716075; [/newclass]

[newclass=".niko blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".niko blockquote b, .pizzabox blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]

[newclass=".niko .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".niko .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".niko .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Red

Jessie, née Black
She/Her
April 9
Canalave City
bisexual
entertainer
executive
dancin' down on sunset strip
awards
617 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jessica
Jessica Manner
BIRTHDAY GIRL
POSTED ON Apr 19, 2022 17:18:25 GMT
Jessica Manner Avatar
To say she was surprised was the understatement of the year. Jessie was truly and utterly shocked when she came in and saw a homecooked meal waiting for the both of them.

And even more shocked to find out that Niko, himself, had cooked it.

After cooing and gushing about how proud she was that he made something, she sat down and began preparing her dish. The salt was handed over to him.

"How long did this take for you to make...?"
close tab

played by

noodles

the manner gang
he/him
twenty-seven
december 13th
verdanturf
straight
gang leader
n/a
awards
506 posts
NIKO MANNER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @niko
NIKO MANNER
BIRTHDAY GIRL
POSTED ON Apr 20, 2022 6:06:49 GMT
NIKO MANNER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","niko"]
[attr="class","top"]

"uhh..."[break][break]

taking the salt, he grinds it atop his food, making it even saltier than it really needs to be.[break][break]

"three, four hours? not too long. it would've been faster if i didn't have to drop the baby off."[break][break]

the baby's currently being watched by one of the kids he trusts. well, trusts enough. but as usual, he has contingencies in place.[break][break]

"what do you think? is it good?"

[newclass=".niko blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".niko blockquote b, .pizzabox blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]

[newclass=".niko .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".niko .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

Red

Jessie, née Black
She/Her
April 9
Canalave City
bisexual
entertainer
executive
awards
617 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jessica
Jessica Manner
BIRTHDAY GIRL
POSTED ON Apr 20, 2022 21:03:20 GMT
Jessica Manner Avatar
Jessie looked over the food again for the fifth or sixth time, impressed that everything looked cooked.

"I'd say that's good for someone who doesn't cook a lot. No need to rush. Makes things taste worse."

She took a bite, contemplating the taste and textures before she answered his question.

"Surprisingly not bad. I'm proud of you!"
close tab

played by

noodles

the manner gang
he/him
twenty-seven
december 13th
verdanturf
straight
gang leader
n/a
awards
506 posts
NIKO MANNER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @niko
NIKO MANNER
BIRTHDAY GIRL
POSTED ON Apr 21, 2022 2:18:52 GMT
NIKO MANNER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","niko"]
[attr="class","top"]

while everything looks cooked, he can't shake the feeling that he fucked up somewhere. somehow. he's not sure where, but they'll find out eventually. maybe.[break][break]

"not bad, huh?"[break][break]

he takes a bite himself, shrugging a shoulder after to pretend like it's not bad but in reality, he finds it amazing.[break][break]

"oh! i got you a gift."

close tab

played by

Red

Jessie, née Black
She/Her
April 9
Canalave City
bisexual
entertainer
executive
awards
617 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jessica
Jessica Manner
BIRTHDAY GIRL
POSTED ON Apr 21, 2022 3:01:19 GMT
Jessica Manner Avatar
He wanted her honest answer, right? And what's criticism gonna hurt? It wasn't like she said it tasted like shit.

She'd actually eat it.

"Yeah. I think you need to season it a little bit more, but other than that, it's good!"

Humming as she chewed on a piece of food, Jessie raised her eyebrows.

"A gift? For me?"
close tab

played by

noodles

the manner gang
he/him
twenty-seven
december 13th
verdanturf
straight
gang leader
n/a
awards
506 posts
NIKO MANNER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @niko
NIKO MANNER
BIRTHDAY GIRL
POSTED ON Apr 22, 2022 6:56:36 GMT
NIKO MANNER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","niko"]
[attr="class","top"]

reaching underneath the dining table, he pulls out a conveniently placed gift, hand-wrapped in pink paper with ditto faces on it.[break][break]

"pink shit picked out the wrapping paper but i did the rest all on my own," he says proudly.[break][break]

"go on! open it."[break][break]

inside is a knitted hat, black in color.

close tab

played by

Red

Jessie, née Black
She/Her
April 9
Canalave City
bisexual
entertainer
executive
awards
617 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jessica
Jessica Manner
BIRTHDAY GIRL
POSTED ON Apr 22, 2022 13:02:19 GMT
Jessica Manner Avatar
Jessie looked at the gift that was pulled out, unable to stifle a laugh at the wrapping paper. It was very fitting.

"Of course Pink Shit picked that out. It's cute!"

She looked up from the gift to him, smiling before tearing into the gift. When the box opened, she gasped.

"Niko... it's a hat! Like the one I made you!" she said excitedly, holding it up to look at.
close tab

played by

noodles

the manner gang
he/him
twenty-seven
december 13th
verdanturf
straight
gang leader
n/a
awards
506 posts
NIKO MANNER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @niko
NIKO MANNER
BIRTHDAY GIRL
POSTED ON Apr 23, 2022 11:43:22 GMT
NIKO MANNER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","niko"]
[attr="class","top"]

niko leans back in his chair, tilting backwards to reach for the hat she made him months ago. he tilts back after, smiling as he looks back at her.[break][break]

"mhm! i even knitted it myself. that took me forever."[break][break]

plus, it was really hard to knit with a baby on his chest.[break][break]

he slips the hat over his head.[break][break]

"now we can match."

close tab

played by

Red

Jessie, née Black
She/Her
April 9
Canalave City
bisexual
entertainer
executive
awards
617 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jessica
Jessica Manner
BIRTHDAY GIRL
POSTED ON Apr 23, 2022 15:04:24 GMT
Jessica Manner Avatar
Jessie looked up as he said he knitted it himself. Her eyes grew wide, blinking quickly as the realization set it.

"You... but when did you..."

He made it for her. He learned how to knit for her. And he did a good job at it too. She held the hat close to her chest, unable to help but start sniffing as tears welled in her eyes.

"Thank you, Niko. This is so sweet. I can't believe you did this."
close tab

played by

noodles

the manner gang
he/him
twenty-seven
december 13th
verdanturf
straight
gang leader
n/a
awards
506 posts
NIKO MANNER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @niko
NIKO MANNER
BIRTHDAY GIRL
POSTED ON Apr 24, 2022 9:52:53 GMT
NIKO MANNER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","niko"]
[attr="class","top"]

"it's crazy what you can learn on the internet these days. they got tutorials for all kinds of shit."[break][break]

who knows what his next project will be? something bigger than a hat, perhaps. maybe he'll try and knit a blanket for them to use on the couch.[break][break]

niko chuckles, reaching across the table for her hand as she sniffles.[break][break]

"ah, it's nothing. don't mention it, jessie."

close tab

played by

Red

Jessie, née Black
She/Her
April 9
Canalave City
bisexual
entertainer
executive
awards
617 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jessica
Jessica Manner
BIRTHDAY GIRL
POSTED ON Apr 24, 2022 15:21:37 GMT
Jessica Manner Avatar
Jessie held his hand, shaking her head at him.

"It's worth so much to me. Thank you."

After their heartfelt moment, she stuck it on her head, matching him as he wore his own hat that she had made for him. With a grin, she wore it throughout the rest of their meal.

"You know, I think I may make some things for the baby too. Like little socks and a hat... maybe some mittens for when it gets cold. I'm used to making tiny things, since my Pokemon love them too," she said, her RAICHU, Lucy, coming to mind.

"We could all match."
close tab

played by

noodles

the manner gang
he/him
twenty-seven
december 13th
verdanturf
straight
gang leader
n/a
awards
506 posts
NIKO MANNER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @niko
NIKO MANNER
BIRTHDAY GIRL
POSTED ON Apr 25, 2022 1:46:37 GMT
NIKO MANNER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","niko"]
[attr="class","top"]

with matching hats on, they continue the rest of their meal in relative peace.[break][break]

"that sounds cute. i'm sure he'd love that."[break][break]

niko smiles, dabbing his lips with a napkin.[break][break]

"you gotta make stuff for pink shit too otherwise it's gonna get jealous."

close tab

played by

Red

Jessie, née Black
She/Her
April 9
Canalave City
bisexual
entertainer
executive
awards
617 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jessica
Jessica Manner
BIRTHDAY GIRL
POSTED ON Apr 25, 2022 2:37:26 GMT
Jessica Manner Avatar
"For Pink Shit? You think it'll keep it on and not sink through it?" she wondered.

May as well give it a shot, though.

Standing up, she picked up their dirty dishes, setting them in the sink for later. It wasn't an urgent deal, and she was willing for them both to handle their mess tomorrow. Right now, she just wanted to be in Niko's company.

"So, what else do you have planned for the night?" she asked, turning and leaning against the counter.
close tab

played by

noodles

the manner gang
he/him
twenty-seven
december 13th
verdanturf
straight
gang leader
n/a
awards
506 posts
NIKO MANNER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @niko
NIKO MANNER
BIRTHDAY GIRL
POSTED ON Apr 26, 2022 3:40:54 GMT
NIKO MANNER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","niko"]
[attr="class","top"]

pink shit would likely just blob around in whatever is put on it. take the shape of the clothing, or whatever. niko might have tried putting a shirt or two on it before.[break][break]

with dinner now done, niko leans over the counter as well to give her a quick kiss.[break][break]

"mmmm. well, baby niko won't be home til' tomorrow, so we have the whole place to ourselves."[break][break]

he grins.[break][break]

"we can be as loud as we want."