pop electric

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
pop electric
POSTED ON Apr 19, 2022 15:33:27 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Frey chewed on his fingernails.

Frey chewed on his fingernails and ignored the plate of pancakes in front of him. The waitress had brought them to him roughly thirty minutes ago. He stared at them and did not see them. Something like nerves were rattling in his stomach.

Today, Frey would find out why Rocket had needed him so badly.

So Frey sat and he chewed on his nails. He ignored the piercing stare of the redheaded man from across the restaurant. Enter separate but together. That man freaked him out. Something was wrong with his smile.

He caught a hangnail and ripped it out with his teeth. Blood swelled between the meat which he licked away.

The bell rang and there was a certain stillness behind him. It was time.

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
creatures of habit, carrion flowers, growing from repeated crimes.
awards
7,850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
pop electric
POSTED ON Apr 19, 2022 18:23:04 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Gavin hadn't liked using Calem, but the redhead was efficient. Their little escape artist wasn't likely to abscond to another bookstore or local swimming pool under his watch, and Gavin had given strict orders not to harm a hair on his head.

That head, as well as the rest of them, is considerably smaller than Gavin had been expecting. Even after seeing the pictures sent over with Frey's file, he hadn't quite believed how unlike Balder he looked, in terms of stature. The sun's Avatar was thick and broad and muscled.

Frey was... not.

Gavin's disguised, for the sake of their cover. But at his entrance, Calem is effectively dismissed.

close tab

played by

Driclone

Balder
He/Him
February 12
Alola
Pan?
Dark Avenger
Bodyguard of Dahlia
Forever alone
On the road again
399 height
399 height
OwO what's this
awards
727 posts
part of
TAG WITH @balder
Balder Schwartz
pop electric
POSTED ON Apr 20, 2022 3:28:16 GMT
Balder Schwartz Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","queen"]
[attr="class","queenbody"]
[attr="class","queentri"]

[attr="class","queentri2"]
[attr="class","queentag"]
@frey
[attr="class","queentextbox"]
[attr="class","queentext"]

Operation Reunion begins.[break][break]

The bell of the door signaled his arrival. The giant Alolan proceeded to look around, scouting for the reason of his presence. Until his eyes rested on the one in the table of the room. He could only see his back from this position, but there was no mistake... It was his younger brother.[break][break]

With a relieved sigh, the man made his way forward, before stopping right behind Frey. His hands proceeded to rest on his shoulders. "I see you still haven't lost that old habit of biting your nails when you're nervous. We'll have to fix that." He gently removed his hands from the young one's shoulders, and proceeded to sit before him.[break][break]

The joy of seeing a member of his family alive, after believe for almost 6 years that they were all dead. And the best way to celebrate this... Was to order a beer and drink to their health. After issuing his order, his attention moved back to his family member. "Sorry you had to be dragged out of home and be sent here so hastily. But I had to ascertain some... stuff. How's life been treating you?"

[attr="class","queencred"]Nano

[newclass=.queen] position:relative; height:600px; width:500px; padding:3px; background-color:#000; [/newclass]
[newclass=.queenbody] position:relative; height:600px; width:500px; background-image: url("https://i.imgur.com/xg78cs9.png"); filter: brightness(60%) [/newclass]
[newclass=.queentri] position:absolute; bottom:3px; display: block; width: 0; height: 0; border-style: solid; border-width: 0px 500px 500px 0px; border-color: transparent transparent #1B1B1B transparent; [/newclass]
[newclass=.queentri2] position:absolute; top:2px; right:2px; display: block; width: 0; height: 0; border-style: solid; border-width: 0 200.0px 200.0px 0; border-color: transparent #1B1B1B transparent transparent; [/newclass]
[newclass=.queenpkmn] position:relative; top:250px; left:450px; height: 30px; width: 30px; padding:2px; margin:2px; background-color: #bbb; border-radius: 50%; display: inline-block; background-color:#505050; border:solid 1px #1B1B1B; [/newclass]
[newclass=.queentextbox] position:absolute; bottom:10px; left:10px; height:250px; width:400px; background-color:#505050; padding:10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.queentext] position:relative; text-align:left; font-size:12px; overflow:auto; height:250px; width:400px; font-family: 'Roboto', sans-serif;color:#A5A5A5[/newclass]
[newclass=.queentext b]color:#dc9100;[/newclass]
[newclass=.queentag] position:absolute; transform: rotate(45deg); text-align:center; font-size:12px; color:#fff; width:200px; top:70px; text-transform:uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.queentext::-webkit-scrollbar]width:3px;background-color:#313131;border:#505050 1px solid;[/newclass]
[newclass=.queentext::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb]width:3px;background-color:#768ba3;[/newclass]
[newclass=.queencred]position:absolute; bottom:2px; right:2px; font-size:9px;[/newclass]
[newclass=a:link]color: #ABABAB; text-decoration:none;font-size:9px;[/newclass]
[newclass=a:visited]color: #ABABAB; text-decoration:none; font-size:9px;[/newclass]
[googlefont=Holtwood One SC][googlefont=Roboto][googlefont=Playfair Display]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
pop electric
POSTED ON Apr 20, 2022 13:54:52 GMT
Deleted Avatar
The redhead leaves, giving too sharp of a smile as he passes.

Frey, meanwhile, tenses. The hands on his shoulders are heavy and unfamiliar. He sucks in a sharp breath and nares his teeth; a dog ready to bite.

The voice gives him pause. Frey doesn't even register what says.

Frey doesn't answer when Bakder sits, orders, speak to him. Frey sits there with wide eyes and a flat expression. His eyes roam over the other. Muscles. New scars. Fists are clenched tight in his lap.

"You." It's stilted, angry. Gritted out between his teeth. "Are dead"

Sudden, fat tears start in the corner of his eyes, drip down cheeks.

"You were dead"

Balder wants a beer in celebration. Frey ends up choking back a sob, drawing attention. He surges from his seat, cutlery clattering, and rounds the table to give his older brother a hug.

"I thought you were dead!" Repeated in disbelief. He squeezes Balder like he might vanish into thin air.
close tab

played by

Driclone

Balder
He/Him
February 12
Alola
Pan?
Dark Avenger
Bodyguard of Dahlia
Forever alone
On the road again
399 height
399 height
OwO what's this
awards
727 posts
part of
TAG WITH @balder
Balder Schwartz
pop electric
POSTED ON Apr 24, 2022 6:39:58 GMT
Balder Schwartz Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","queen"]

@frey

Frey's reaction upon seeing him... got the man worried. The way his brother stated Balder was dead was abnormal. What were they told in Kanto? He had sent them letters before the war had happened, but every communications were blocked once the takeover was completed, so it was impossible and useless to write since it would get denied.[break][break]

But then, the sound of cutlery clattering around rose up, and a sobbering little brother was jumping him, in a tight hug. Surely he would notice how abnormally strong his muscles and skin felt due to his avatar powers? Nonetheless, the Alolan smiled and hugged back, containing his emotions. "And I thought the same about you guys too. I'm just glad you're alive."[break][break]

The man remained quiet for a few minutes, letting the emotions run their course as he patted his little brother on his back. "Feeling better? Shall we talk and eat a bit?"

[newclass=.queen] position:relative; height:600px; width:500px; padding:3px; background-color:#000; [/newclass]
[newclass=.queenbody] position:relative; height:600px; width:500px; background-image: url("https://i.imgur.com/xg78cs9.png"); filter: brightness(60%) [/newclass]
[newclass=.queentri] position:absolute; bottom:3px; display: block; width: 0; height: 0; border-style: solid; border-width: 0px 500px 500px 0px; border-color: transparent transparent #1B1B1B transparent; [/newclass]
[newclass=.queentri2] position:absolute; top:2px; right:2px; display: block; width: 0; height: 0; border-style: solid; border-width: 0 200.0px 200.0px 0; border-color: transparent #1B1B1B transparent transparent; [/newclass]
[newclass=.queenpkmn] position:relative; top:250px; left:450px; height: 30px; width: 30px; padding:2px; margin:2px; background-color: #bbb; border-radius: 50%; display: inline-block; background-color:#505050; border:solid 1px #1B1B1B; [/newclass]
[newclass=.queentextbox] position:absolute; bottom:10px; left:10px; height:250px; width:400px; background-color:#505050; padding:10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.queentext] position:relative; text-align:left; font-size:12px; overflow:auto; height:250px; width:400px; font-family: 'Roboto', sans-serif;color:#A5A5A5[/newclass]
[newclass=.queentag] position:absolute; transform: rotate(45deg); text-align:center; font-size:12px; color:#fff; width:200px; top:70px; text-transform:uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.queentext::-webkit-scrollbar]width:3px;background-color:#313131;border:#505050 1px solid;[/newclass]
[newclass=.queentext::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb]width:3px;background-color:#768ba3;[/newclass]
[newclass=.queencred]position:absolute; bottom:2px; right:2px; font-size:9px;[/newclass]
[newclass=a:visited]color: #ABABAB; text-decoration:none; font-size:9px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
pop electric
POSTED ON Apr 24, 2022 16:45:59 GMT
Deleted Avatar
had had weeks to have it sink in that his family was alive. Frey was only just learning it now. While Rocket had summoned him as proof, no one had ever been that clear on why he was being relocated so suddenly. Even if Frey was Kantonian, belonged to Rocket in a different way, he wasn't in Rocket. It was too risky to let him know very many details.

So Frey just needed a few minutes to let that sink in, to sniffle it out. Then he was wiping his eyes on the back of his arm and sitting back. He still stuck close- like Balder might vanish again if he took his eyes off him for even a second. He does give a small nod in assurance.

Frey suddenly feels like he's four years old again. Balder had been the only one who was ever able to coax him to eat as a kid. For a while their parents had been worried he would grow up sickly or had something worse wrong with him; it was no wonder he grew up so scrawny, even if now Frey could out-eat most people triple his size.

"The last we heard you were off fighting, then you never came back." It wasn't so much that no one had told them Balder was dead. Just, without any info, they had assumed after a while. "You got bigger." Balder had always seemed larger than life in Frey's eyes, He had not just loved his older brother but also looked up to him, used him as a role model.
close tab

played by

Driclone

Balder
He/Him
February 12
Alola
Pan?
Dark Avenger
Bodyguard of Dahlia
Forever alone
On the road again
399 height
399 height
OwO what's this
awards
727 posts
part of
TAG WITH @balder
Balder Schwartz
pop electric
POSTED ON Apr 27, 2022 0:32:23 GMT
Balder Schwartz Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","queen"]

@frey

Once his brother started calming down, Balder released his hold upon him so he can freely distance himself. As Frey distanced himself, the older man simply ruffled his hair and proceeded to sip on his newly arrived beer. He then listened to his brother talk about how the family had heard he was gone fighting... And the comment about how he was bigger.[break][break]

The Ex-Gym Leader couldn't help but chuckle at that comment. "Bigger and stronger, definitely. Lots of things led to that development though, and I'll save that for later. Can you tell me what you heard about me last exactly? And how things have been for all of you?"[break][break]

The part that confused the alolan man in this situation was that he had left Alola the moment his family moved to Kanto, and had been exploring the world ever since, learning their history and legends. Except the letters here and there he sent before the Kantonian war, he couldn't wrap his head about how they could've heard he was fighting.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
pop electric
POSTED ON Apr 29, 2022 14:42:20 GMT
Deleted Avatar
"The last thing we heard was you went to fight." Frey repeated. Nothing else after. Frey wasn't dumb. He knew that in Kanto they just didn't learn certain things. Also, their parents had most likely shielded them from some stuff... war was hard in a lot of ways. Didn't want to make it even harder emotionally.

Picking up a fork, he picked at his pancakes again. They were cold now. That was okay- he was hungry. A sigh as he stuffed a bite in his mouth, chewed slowly. Maybe Frey was the worst one to have brought out. Freya would have probably been all over . Frey had always been the more reserved one; some people even said he was cold. Right now, he wished he was more like his sister or even their mom. Then he couldn't feel so weird about wanting to just hug his older brother and stick to him like glue.

"I'm glad you're okay." Is what he finally settled on, wanting his brother to know he did care, even if he was bad at it.

The pancakes he made short work of; between the two of them, they could probably run this place out of business if they brought out the eggs and bacon.

"Mom and Dad kind of do the same stuff as before. I guess we know what dad's real job is now. Oh, and mom got really into, uh, model cars? The house is filled with them. She started buying cheap ones and giving them like kids around town when she finished them. I think she just likes building them." He was happy it gave her something to do. "Freya got scouted by Kanto's Official Water Polo team! She's really good! Best in the Region! I'm still doing competitive swimming and diving. They had plans for both of us to do international, but Kanto hasn't been invited to stuff outside the Region." The equivalent of whatever the Olympics were in this universe.

He pushed his fork around the syrup on the plate.

"What have you been doing?"
close tab

played by

Driclone

Balder
He/Him
February 12
Alola
Pan?
Dark Avenger
Bodyguard of Dahlia
Forever alone
On the road again
399 height
399 height
OwO what's this
awards
727 posts
part of
TAG WITH @balder
Balder Schwartz
pop electric
POSTED ON May 3, 2022 6:21:59 GMT
Balder Schwartz Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","queen"]

@frey

Only that he went to fight... Now that was odd. But the man didn't press further on the interrogation. Most likely Vidar knew that Balder was fighting Rocket on the Kanjoh frontlines, but it was weird that he wouldn't have reached out to him somehow, to tell him about the state of his family...[break][break]

But if you keep in mind he didn't want to mix Rocket with his family and grant them some freedom of choice, that could make some sense. Balder finished his beer on that thought and listened to his younger sibling say his piece. With a soft smile, the taller one replied. "I'm glad you're alive and well Frey. And that the rest of our family lives on too."[break][break]

The Alolan avatar then listened to the state of his family. Vidar still doing his job as he had learned previous. What surprised him was how their mom was now investing in model cars and sharing it with everyone in town. She still remained the kind lady she always had been. What surprised him though were the news regarding his two younger siblings.[break][break]

He had left the household when they were still small and young, and now both of them had gotten to levels where they could be chosen for International and global events. Seems like becoming big in the world ran into the Schwartz bloodline. With a big smile on his face, the man stood up and proceeded to hug Frey and ruffle his hair. "Fuck yeah, I'm so proud of you for achieving so much while I was gone. You definitely had the potential to shine and I'm glad you had the opportunity to do so."[break][break]

Returning to his seat, he heard the question about what he had been doing. The smile on his face slowly faded. "Well... That's a long story to be honest. But there is one thing that I should show and tell you first." He hated what he was going to do, but the man had to show him, simply telling wouldn't be enough. He could think it was a lie.[break][break]

Taking a knife off the table, he ran a finger off the edge of the blade. While normally, blood should be running down the finger due to slicing it open, this time there was only a screeching metal noise, steel rubbing against steel. To further the explanation, he proceeded to stab his hand with the knife... Or at least try, as the knife ended up bending as it tried to penetrate his skin. "Simply put, I'm not human anymore. This is something you'll learn to understand and see often in Hoenn. And is a vital part to my story."

[newclass=.queentext b]color:#7d65ad;[/newclass]