hearthome, sinnoh
pansexual
sculptor/painter
civilian
one-track mind
one-track heart
6'3" height
6'3" height
high achiever, don't you see? baby, nothing comes for free.
awards
182 posts
luciano fisk DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @luci
luciano fisk
mamma mia [past][s]
POSTED ON Nov 28, 2022 8:17:37 GMT
luciano fisk Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","luci2top"]
[attr="class","luci2"]

"a mudkip then," he nods at the vendor, waiting until the purchased goods are spilled into a brown bag and handed over. when he turns, however, the last thing he is expecting is to see —

[break][break] he blinks.

[break][break] "oh, hello."

[break][break] it isn't that luciano has not seen pokemon before. of course, his older siblings had plenty of them but they had always been contained. perhaps one or two, or maybe a couple more if they were passing through the fisk family manor and viewing the security's canines.

[break][break] he follows a bit more slowly behind this boy and his entourage of pokemon, watching with curiosity as he hooks his mudkip to a line and then throws it into the sea. he seems more than a bit skilled - or at least, that's what the young luciano thinks in the moment.

[break][break] "you have quite the pokemon," he remarks, only to toss his own line into the sea. "are you a pokemon trainer? or a fisherman?"

[break][break] he would have thought he would have recognized him if he was part of the fisher folk that littered the town's shores in the early morning. luciano had often taken early strolls there, looking for a new muse to strike.

[attr="class","ooc"]

[newclass=".luci2"]--accent:#B6C4E3; } .luci2 { font-size:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; border-radius:0px; padding:40px 50px 50px; } .luci2 b { color:var(--accent)!important; } .luci2 i { color:var(--accent)!important; } .luci2 u { border-color:var(--accent)!important; } .luci2 .ooc { text-align:center;padding:20px 40px 20px 40px;border-top:1px solid #232323;margin-top:30px;margin-bottom:-45px; } .luci2 .ooc a { color:var(--accent)!important; font:bold 13px 'Poppins'; text-transform:lowercase; } .luci2 img { filter:grayscale(10%); [/newclass]
[newclass=".luci2top"]width:438px;border-radius:0px;background-color:#B6C4E3;height:40px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;margin:0px -60px -50px 25px;padding-bottom:15px;border:solid 1px #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
is gonna be the loneliest
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,804 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
mamma mia [past][s]
POSTED ON Nov 28, 2022 17:55:56 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“I… I actually have no idea what I want to be, if I’m being honest.”

Well, the immediate goal was to get the fuck out of Hoenn alive, and now that he’d done that—what now?

“I’m not from around here—my mom’s family is, though. I figured, why not pay them a visit?”

The rest of the words died on his throat as the blue bipedal baby jackal took a tumble off the pier—thankfully saved by a quiet burst of unseen energy from the Metang that was humming in the background before the Riolu hit the water.

“Alpha,” he continued with a look of immense trepidation, “…you almost scared all the fish away.”

The Riolu, on his part, looked absolutely unrepentant as he was levitated back down on the solid ground.

timeline: a few months after arriving in Alto Mare, so basically sixteen years old. He has like extremely limited knowledge of that language so RIP his accent

close tab

played by

milky

luci
he/they
jan 30
hearthome, sinnoh
pansexual
sculptor/painter
civilian
one-track mind
one-track heart
6'3" height
6'3" height
awards
182 posts
luciano fisk DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @luci
luciano fisk
mamma mia [past][s]
POSTED ON Dec 5, 2022 17:25:22 GMT
luciano fisk Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","luci2"]

"you don't?"

[break][break] he blinks. what a curious answer. it made him feel that much more curious about the other boy. after all, not knowing had never been an option for someone like him. he can't help but feel envious.

[break][break] as the conversation shifts, luci makes himself comfortable on the pier deck, staring out at the calm sea. "my family isn't from here. we're from sinnoh, but just visiting too." what were the odds?

[break][break] his head tilts as the riolu makes an unfortunate tumble over the pier's edge and - unexpectedly - a laugh peals out of the young fisk's mouth and he clutches his stomach.

[break][break] "your pokemon," he says, chuckling. "are quite something."

[break][break] admist his laughter, he wipes a hand over his mouth before looking up at with a shimmer of sky-blue.

[break][break] 'you are quite something', that gaze seemed to say.

[attr="class","ooc"]

[newclass=".luci2"]--accent:#B6C4E3; } .luci2 { font-size:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; border-radius:0px; padding:40px 50px 50px; } .luci2 b { color:var(--accent)!important; } .luci2 i { color:var(--accent)!important; } .luci2 u { border-color:var(--accent)!important; } .luci2 .ooc { text-align:center;padding:20px 40px 20px 40px;border-top:1px solid #232323;margin-top:30px;margin-bottom:-45px; } .luci2 .ooc a { color:var(--accent)!important; font:bold 13px 'Poppins'; text-transform:lowercase; } .luci2 img { filter:grayscale(10%); [/newclass]
[newclass=".luci2top"]width:438px;border-radius:0px;background-color:#B6C4E3;height:40px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;margin:0px -60px -50px 25px;padding-bottom:15px;border:solid 1px #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,804 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
mamma mia [past][s]
POSTED ON Dec 8, 2022 10:20:58 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“I don’t,” he confirmed.

However there was one thing he was absolutely certain of.

“…whatever I want to be, I don’t want to be like my dad,” he huffed a few moments later. A scowl crossed his features for the briefest of moments before he shook the bad thoughts away and squinted out over the water, before looking over at the line he’d thrown out and wondering if his Marshtomp was scaring away the fish.

With all luck it was possible he’d land a Magikarp. Or something else. He couldn’t even begin to imagine how shit would go if he fished up a Remoraid or a Qwilfish because geez, what the hell did they put in the fish dishes around here?!

“They are,” he hummed, glad for the change of topic. “They’re also quite the handful. You’ll see why Ro over there is absolutely done with all their shit,” he added with a laugh as the Metang let out a grating noise, which Lars knew by now to be derisive laughter.

“Sometimes I think he’s the only one of my companions to have a brain cell to spare between them.”

As he said those words, the Swablu came down circling before attempting to land on the bluenette’s head.

timeline: a few months after arriving in Alto Mare, so basically sixteen years old. He has like extremely limited knowledge of that language so RIP his accent

close tab

played by

milky

luci
he/they
jan 30
hearthome, sinnoh
pansexual
sculptor/painter
civilian
one-track mind
one-track heart
6'3" height
6'3" height
awards
182 posts
luciano fisk DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @luci
luciano fisk
mamma mia [past][s]
POSTED ON Dec 18, 2022 6:30:32 GMT
luciano fisk Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","luci2"]

a pause.

[break][break] "what is your father like?"

[break][break] his words are genuine and innocent as he regards the blond. he's curious, his tone light but not pushy.

[break][break] but the conversation shifts, and luci allows it to happen.

[break][break] he joins in the laughter as they observe pokemon. he can't help but be awed by them in some capacity. they look so free, so at ease, and it's with this light-hearted feeling that he glances up at the swablu that lands on his head. he blinks, bright-blue eyes fluttering up to look at the cloudy wings. he offers a nut to the swablu who has perched on his head.

[break][break] "they're lovely," he murmurs. "they must take after their owner."

[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"]

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,804 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
mamma mia [past][s]
POSTED ON Dec 21, 2022 13:58:40 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“He’s just… bad news,” he said shortly and that was that, honestly.

While he was extremely passionate when it came to proclaiming his thoughts, well, there were a few things that were better left unsaid. This was one of them.

Luckily (or was it thankfully?) Nami the Swablu had come perching down on the bluenette’s head and happily accepted the gift of a nut, crunching on it in her beak while spreading her literal cloudy wings out of sheer delight.

He squinted out at the line and sighed. Why were the fish not biting?

The Riolu had plonked himself down at the edge of the pier, swinging his tiny little legs over the edge. Lars could only wonder where the Marshtomp was, since he’d literally jumped off the pier and was most likely somewhere underwater.

…and man, he would kill for a nice ice cream sandwich right about now!

At the mention of his companions taking after him, he cackled a little.

“She’s technically my sister’s,” he gestured at the Swablu who was enjoying the little treat. “But she insisted I keep her so, well, she’s mine now.”

close tab

played by

milky

luci
he/they
jan 30
hearthome, sinnoh
pansexual
sculptor/painter
civilian
one-track mind
one-track heart
6'3" height
6'3" height
awards
182 posts
luciano fisk DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @luci
luciano fisk
mamma mia [past][s]
POSTED ON Feb 20, 2023 4:26:49 GMT
luciano fisk Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","luci2"]

"hm."

[break][break] luci's expression turns thoughtful. though he would like to pry, he realizes that this may be impolite — at least for right now.

[break][break] perhaps there would be another time to push it.

[break][break] instead, he contents himself with watching the sea until the handsome boy speaks up once more, offering yet another tidbit of information. luci chews on this one as well, trying to temper himself.

[break][break] the curiosity makes his eyes bright beneath the summer sun.

[break][break] "you have siblings too, then?"

[attr="class","ooc"]

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,804 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
mamma mia [past][s]
POSTED ON Feb 27, 2023 0:21:14 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“Yeah, I have two siblings—I’m the oldest of us three,” he beamed a little—and that was before the line he was holding onto bent a little.

Oh?

At that moment a familiar mudfish Pokémon’s face appeared from the edge of the pier, wiggling with excitement as his fishing line suddenly went into this dramatic bending gesture, and he had to grab onto it to begin hauling the catch in.

And my younger brother’s the better fisher, I suck at this shit,” he laughed as the sounds of a line being reeled in erupted from his line.

“He’d have caught several by now.”

close tab

played by

milky

luci
he/they
jan 30
hearthome, sinnoh
pansexual
sculptor/painter
civilian
one-track mind
one-track heart
6'3" height
6'3" height
awards
182 posts
luciano fisk DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @luci
luciano fisk
mamma mia [past][s]
POSTED ON Mar 30, 2023 21:47:01 GMT
luciano fisk Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","luci2"]

he blinks.

[break][break] suddenly, there is chaos as the blond takes out his other family.

[break][break] for a moment, luci feels overwhelmed. he's never seen so many pokemon before, so much chaos, but then he turns his head and finds himself settling into the sweet seafoam of eyes.

[break][break] "nice to meet you all." he bobs his head gently at the pokemon, though his interest is far from them and instead for the young boy who called them all family.

[break][break] "you like pokemon, then? where did you find them all?"

[break][break] his lips upturn into a quirk of a smile.

[break][break] "did you catch them all?"

[attr="class","ooc"]

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,804 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
mamma mia [past][s]
POSTED ON Apr 1, 2023 22:43:03 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

As he struggled with the fishing line, he told the story as best as he could.

“You’re not going to believe this, but out of all of them—the only one I actually caught was Alpha.”

The Riolu, hearing his name, turned around to face the two humans before giving them this cute face before turning back to watch the dramatically-bending line as Lars tried to reel in whatever was on the end of the line.

“Suijin—the Marshtomp, was a Mudkip my mother gave me. Ro, the Metang—well, hilariously my younger brother Claude didn’t like the Beldum line, so he ended up giving him to me. Nami you already know, she came from my sister but she insisted that I keep her.”

The line almost clean broke in two, however he threw his weight towards the direction where the thing was curving so as to prevent it from literally breaking, before digging his heels into the pier.

“So I’m literally travelling with a piece of my entire family with me.”

Clearly there was no mention of his father in the story.

close tab

played by

milky

luci
he/they
jan 30
hearthome, sinnoh
pansexual
sculptor/painter
civilian
one-track mind
one-track heart
6'3" height
6'3" height
awards
182 posts
luciano fisk DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @luci
luciano fisk
mamma mia [past][s]
POSTED ON Apr 29, 2023 3:55:13 GMT
luciano fisk Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","luci2"]

"oh, i can relate to that."

[break][break] his own pokemon were either gifts from his family, or the occasional fan who had thought it imperative that the sculptor knew exactly how much they appreciated him. the majority of the time, however, he gave them away or even sold them. sometimes decided to save them.

[break][break] "pokemon can be quite the inspiration too, every so often."

[break][break] he smiled gently, eyes drawn to the line that tugs.

[break][break] "family too."

[attr="class","ooc"]

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,804 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
mamma mia [past][s]
POSTED ON Jun 4, 2023 21:29:59 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

At the mention of ‘family’, that got him thinking—

What if he asked around? Tried to find out what his mother did while she still lived here?

(Of course he wasn’t going to ask about what the ol’ man did, creepy-ass shit that he was. was his contempt that obvious? Pretty much.)

“You may… you might’ve given me a direction on what I want to do while I’m here,” he confessed quietly, continuing to bend with the line and watching as said line slacked a bit, before seizing the chance to reel the entire thing in as fast as humanly possible.

As the end of the line came in sight, his Marshtomp leaped up and out of the water, landing with a wet noise at the edge of the pier as he finally reeled in—

“Are you kidding me?!”

For on the end of the line…

Was a Whiscash.

What a complete letdown!

close tab

played by

milky

luci
he/they
jan 30
hearthome, sinnoh
pansexual
sculptor/painter
civilian
one-track mind
one-track heart
6'3" height
6'3" height
awards
182 posts
luciano fisk DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @luci
luciano fisk
mamma mia [past][s]
POSTED ON Jul 5, 2023 13:24:53 GMT
luciano fisk Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","luci2"]

"have i?" his head tilted. "i'm glad."

[break][break] luciano's gaze drags away from his own line to , as the other tugs a line so sharply that a catfish jumps out at him.

[break][break] "wow!"

[break][break] enthralled, the artist sets down his rod and smiles wide at the other.

[break][break] "that is amazing —" he paused, for a moment, as if just coming to a realization. "wait, amore, what is your name?"

[break]

[attr="class","ooc"]

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,804 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
mamma mia [past][s]
POSTED ON Aug 6, 2023 20:17:20 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“I don’t know how nonna is going to react that I caught this,” he continued as he looked at the wriggling Whiscash on the end of the line.

(Boy, if Pokémon could laugh, Suijin would be laughing his ass off at him. Alpha would be chuckling, too.)

“Are Whiscash even edible?”

He continued to panic internally as he realized the other had asked a question—thankfully he’d caught it before he sank into a muttering mess of utter shock and incredulity.

“You… you can call me Laurence.”

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights