awards
1,679 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
Weathering the Storm [Gym/Minor league]
POSTED ON Apr 25, 2022 12:55:38 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
Despite not being an official Gym, this Devon-owned building held a certain amount of prestige, serving as a proving grounds for aspiring trainers and rising stars. It was who had suggested that Andrea dipped her toes in the minor league first, and it just so happened that the Gym leader was accepting challengers today.

Plus, matches were apparently being recorded by special Rotom, so Andrea would get a chance to appear on TV. It probably wasn't as widely televised or as popular as the Hoenn Star Tournament, but it was still an exciting thought!

The young PokéManiac entered the establishment, clad in her all too familiar dragon onesie that could withstand the toughest of weather (but not monkeys or honey trees). "I'm Andrea Vaneau from Fallarbor Town, here to challenge your Gym!" She declared resolutely, trying to sound bold and serious in spite of her ridiculous getup.
//single battle
close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
now come together, come apart
awards
3,806 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
POSTED ON Apr 26, 2022 4:05:00 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
another day, another challenge.

"and i'm cian maher from rustboro! ready to defend my gym."

he pokes his head out from behind the corner, smiling as he finally steps out and approaches the young pokemaniac.

"hello there! i'm happy to welcome you to the gym. is this your first challenge ever, by the way?"
close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
I wanna become a Pokémon!
awards
1,679 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON Apr 26, 2022 18:33:09 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
Andrea hesitantly nodded at the man's question. Technically she had cleared the Tiered Tea Room already, but she wasn't sure whether that counted as an official, League-sanctioned event given the clandestine, somewhat dodgy nature of the people behind it.

"I haven't given competitive battling much thought... until now. I wanna learn more about my Pokémon. I figured a good way to do that is if we battle lots of strong trainers together." The dragon-costumed girl explained, hand already grasping one of her Pokéballs. "So, uuuh... How exactly do we start this Gym battle thing?" She asked, rubbing the back of her head with her other hand.
close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,806 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
POSTED ON Apr 27, 2022 2:29:00 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
"that's good to hear! and i'm happy to say i can help you with that."

it's the whole point of minor gyms, after all.

turning on his heels, cian points down the long hallway before gesturing for her to follow.

"this way!"

through the building they go. after a short walk, they come to doors that open up to a massive space fit for battles of all kinds. in fact, there are a few younger trainers practicing there right now.

"we're through here. also, what pokemon will you be using today?"
close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,679 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON Apr 27, 2022 8:24:40 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
The young PokéManiac followed the Gym leader through the elongated hallway, staring in awe at the two Rhydon statues that stood on each side of the massive door leading into the arena. It wasn't uncommon for most Gyms to have those. Andrea could tell that they represented male Rhydon specifically because of the size of their horns. The males' horns were always bigger.

Upon being asked what Pokémon she was gonna use, the draconic cosplayer ruminated a little, but ultimately couldn't come up with a better answer than what her heart told her. A Pokéball burst open, revealing a fearsome, green dragon. Three long necks covered in black fur sprouted from its pudgy main body, ending on three heads - the middle one being significantly more defined than the other two - while six wings fluttered behind its back.

"Chomper is my best friend. I've had him ever since I was little. I can think of no better choice!" Andrea said, while patting the shiny Hydreigon's side. It also helped that her best friend had a decent matchup against most Pokémon commonly known to activate weather, be it through his typing or his coverage moves.
close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,806 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
POSTED ON Apr 28, 2022 3:00:57 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
ah, yes! the two rhydon statues were there even before cian moved in. he also can tell that they're male because of the size of their horns. massive.

cian peers up at the massive dragon, admiring its green fur. it's the first of its kind he's ever seen in person.

"chomper! hello, chomper."

fishing out a particular pokeball, cian pops it open to reveal a gliscor that immediately takes into the air.

"gliscor will be your opponent for the day."

over in the corner, a sleeping tyranitar awakens if only to summon a SANDSTORM.

"it's gonna get real sandy up in here! hope you don't mind!"

close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,679 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON Apr 28, 2022 10:31:17 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
Andrea acknowledged the corner-dwelling Tyranitar with a nod. She was no stranger to those giant lizards and their ability to summon Sandstorms on demand. Thankfully her glasses prevented any sand from getting into her eyes, though her costume would still need some dusting off after all this was over.

Chomper coughed sand from his three mouths, getting buffeted by the Sandstorm. Even with his eyes well-trained to distinguish things in the dark, his opponent was still difficult to make out with all the dust and debris in the air. The Hydreigon turned towards his trainer, awaiting directions.

"Don't worry about the Sandstorm. Just trust your instincts and go for an Ice Fang!" The dragon-hooded girl said. Chomper did just that, flying headfirst into the roaring Sandstorm towards Gliscor's obscured figure, and attempting to bite into its form with his icy-cold jaws.
close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,806 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
POSTED ON Apr 29, 2022 1:34:30 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
sorry about the costume but also not really because at least it isn't wet sand! not yet, anyways.

as the SANDSTORM starts to pick up, gliscor's SAND VEIL activates, allowing the ground-type to seamlessly blend into its surroundings.

it's what allows it to evade the ICE FANG as it dips down, then back up in a SKY UPPERCUT with its stinger.

"LET'S GOOOOO, GLISCOR!"

close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,679 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON Apr 29, 2022 7:59:51 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
"Chomper, watch out!" Too late. Cian's Gliscor was too fast, Chomper taking hefty damage from the Sky Uppercut. The three-headed dragon careened backwards, barely staying afloat. After recovering from the shock, he glared at his opponent with angry eyes.

"Are you alright?" Andrea worriedly asked. Her Hydreigon quickly nodded at her. It was gonna take more than a single move to knock him down. Rather than immediately going for another Ice Fang, the dragon did what he always did when he got mad: converting his seething rage into power with a Work Up.
close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,806 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
POSTED ON Apr 29, 2022 14:38:07 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
a brief lull happens where both sides spend a moment to boost their stats. cian's own gliscor starts its SWORDS DANCE, sharpening its stinger as it prepares for another attack.

"try and predict gliscor's movements!"

which is definitely easier said than done.

gliscor glides forward, ready to strike.

close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,679 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON Apr 29, 2022 15:31:06 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
Predicting Gliscor's movements... That was indeed easier said than done. With that vampiric grin plastered on his face, who knew what was going on in his degenerate mind! The flying scorpion seemed to be gliding, meaning that he was likely moving in an arch... That was it!

"Chomper, fly above him!" Andrea cried out. The Hydreigon obliged, hovering at a higher altitude than his opponent. One could only glide down, after all, never up. From his advantageous position, the Brutal Pokémon dove down and went for another Ice Fang, targeting Gliscor's exposed back.
close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,806 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
POSTED ON Apr 29, 2022 18:18:32 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
ah, so she's figured it out.

"nice," he whispers under his breath.

from below, there isn't much gliscor can do to avoid the descending hydreigon. it tilts, managing to get its wings out of the way before being chomped down by ICE FANGS.

no matter. gliscor's stinger is free to flick up for a POISON JAB.

close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,679 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON Apr 30, 2022 9:57:37 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
The Hydreigon roared in pain as the stinger pierced his thick hide. It was only by sheer luck that he avoided being poisoned. However, now that he'd gotten this close to his prey, he wasn't willing to give up.

Andrea quickly considered their options. If Gliscor was allowed to fly away, he would blend in with the Sandstorm again, making him very hard to hit. "Crunch that tail!" She eventually ordered. Chomper reached his middle head towards the same tail that was assaulting him, clamping his vicious jaws around it and refusing to let go.
close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,806 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
POSTED ON May 1, 2022 5:42:53 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
gliscor is in a particularly sticky situation. it can't seem to get free. it needs to create some distance so it can blend back into the SANDSTORM but hydreigon's CRUNCH holds it at bay.

it screeches, wriggling in pain.

"claw it!"

remembering it has pincers, gliscor slashes up at hydreigon's neck in an X-SCISSOR, looking to break free.

close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,679 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON May 1, 2022 9:52:40 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
In response to the incoming X-Scissor, Chomper finally let go of his prey. Stubborn though he may be, he couldn't afford getting decapitated, even if he had two heads to spare. Although he avoided the worst, Gliscor's nasty pincers still grazed his fur-coated neck, leaving a distinct scar.

The battle was not over until one of the combatants could no longer go, and Chomper could still go, even if hurt. While his opponent was still within reasonable distance, the prideful dragon went for yet another Ice Fang, this time targeting Gliscor's frail, fleshy wings.