uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
mine are long and sharp, my lord, as long and sharp as yours.
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
ARMLESS
POSTED ON Apr 29, 2022 8:40:18 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gingerboi"]
[attr="class","top"]

it's odd, almost, to be walking into the office for the first time since moving to hoenn. his siblings have been here before, he's sure, but uri hasn't had it in him.[break][break]

until now, that is.[break][break]

"hey, dad."[break][break]

this office is just as cold as the one in sinnoh.[break][break]

"i thought you'd look way worse."

[attr="class","ooc"][break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-machamp"]

[newclass=".gingerboi"]--accent:#d49736; [/newclass]

[newclass=".gingerboi blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".gingerboi blockquote b, .pizzabox blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]

[newclass=".gingerboi .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".gingerboi .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".gingerboi .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

close tab

played by

greyson

gabe
he / him
forty-five
december fourth
slateport city
heterosexual
ceo
councilman
191 height
191 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
717 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gabe
GABRIEL BLACK
ARMLESS
POSTED ON Apr 30, 2022 15:53:30 GMT
GABRIEL BLACK Avatar
hunched over a desk with a bottle of pain pills and a glass of tequila, he works on paperwork. weeks and weeks of things had piled up or been pushed to the side, and now they needed tending. he grunts, placing the stump awkwardly to the side, feeling the phantom hand ache.

he doesn't look up even as the familiar voice rings. but, when did he ever?

"the wonders of modern medicine." it's dry and distant, distracted. "why are you here, boy?"

close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
ARMLESS
POSTED ON Apr 30, 2022 17:04:01 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

the dynamic, no matter how oppressive his father may be, is different than it was in sinnoh. briefly, uri wonders who he has to thank for that.[break][break]

"just came to see how you were doing. check up on you, and all that."[break][break]

he approaches the desk, gesturing to the bottle.[break][break]

"you're not supposed to be taking those with alcohol."

[newclass=".gingerboi blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".gingerboi blockquote b, .pizzabox blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]

[newclass=".gingerboi .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".gingerboi .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

greyson

gabe
he / him
forty-five
december fourth
slateport city
heterosexual
ceo
councilman
191 height
191 height
awards
717 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gabe
GABRIEL BLACK
ARMLESS
POSTED ON May 7, 2022 18:57:02 GMT
GABRIEL BLACK Avatar
gabriel pauses with his pen mid-stroke, and looks up to his son. Pushing himself to his feet with his one arm, he towers over the oldest of his brood. the shadow he casts over uriah is more than a trick of the light. it spoke volumes about their relationship as a whole.

"did i miss something, boy? did seeing my missing arm somehow clue you into the idea that you could lecture me?" eyes narrow and nose flares.

"were you perhaps thinking you could speak back to me now?"

close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
ARMLESS
POSTED ON May 8, 2022 4:52:58 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

don't.[break][break]

"i wasn't—"[break][break]

don't cower.[break][break]

"i wasn't lecturing you. i'm just worried, that's all."[break][break]

stand your ground for once you idiot.[break][break]

"we thought we lost you for a sec."

close tab

played by

greyson

gabe
he / him
forty-five
december fourth
slateport city
heterosexual
ceo
councilman
191 height
191 height
awards
717 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gabe
GABRIEL BLACK
ARMLESS
POSTED ON May 10, 2022 2:15:25 GMT
GABRIEL BLACK Avatar
"yet you did not show up at the hospital." he says flatly, wrapping the accusation up in bows of apathy and disregard.

in truth he preferred the isolation of his stay, and didn't mind in the slightest that his oldest didn't visit. mostly. the weakness he showed was... not something uriah should've seen.

"rest assured my... sabbatical has proved insightful. i've come to realize one thing that's truly important. do you know what that is, boy?"

close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
ARMLESS
POSTED ON May 10, 2022 9:08:20 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"i was undercover."[break][break]

his father not knowing is a little surprising, considering how the man usually has his hands in everything. but perhaps gabe's sabbatical took more out of him than uri realizes.[break][break]

he takes a step closer, approaching.[break][break]

"family?"

close tab

played by

greyson

gabe
he / him
forty-five
december fourth
slateport city
heterosexual
ceo
councilman
191 height
191 height
awards
717 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gabe
GABRIEL BLACK
ARMLESS
POSTED ON May 10, 2022 16:34:44 GMT
GABRIEL BLACK Avatar
"no," he says firmly, tossing aside the mans undercover comment like he'd been doing his son's entire life. gabriel's jaw steeled, gaze falling to the first of his brood with a level of coldness rarely felt.

"that you are not fit to carry the legacy of this family."

"none of you are."

close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
ARMLESS
POSTED ON May 11, 2022 1:50:58 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

shocker.[break][break]

quietly, uriah wonders why it took his father this long to come to that conclusion when it should've been more than obvious years ago. none of them are fit to carry on whatever legacy gabe speaks of.[break][break]

"i guess our legacy will die with you."[break][break]

he could try and argue that has the best chance out of all of them to be molded into whatever gabe wants, but what's the point?[break][break]

they are their own people.

close tab

played by

greyson

gabe
he / him
forty-five
december fourth
slateport city
heterosexual
ceo
councilman
191 height
191 height
awards
717 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gabe
GABRIEL BLACK
ARMLESS
POSTED ON May 14, 2022 19:41:22 GMT
GABRIEL BLACK Avatar
"our legacy?" his voice noticeably angers this time, thinning into something cold and dangerous. "do not mistake the family name as something you can use when you wish, boy."

gabriel rounds the desk to stand in-front of his son. his breath comes out as a hiss, and beneath the dangerous cowl, he feels his muscles shake under the effort of not losing all of his shit right now.

after a moment, he turns and moves to look out the far window behind him, chest rising and following with controlled effort.

"who let you in, anyways?"

close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
ARMLESS
POSTED ON May 15, 2022 6:21:34 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

uri tenses as his father approaches. the shifting of his gaze is the only indication of his discomfort. but it passes as gabe steps away.[break][break]

he exhales.[break][break]

"your assistant."[break][break]

a lie, really, as he had walked in like he owned the place. he might someday. likely not, considering how things between him and his father are going. gabe's wealth would likely go to some charity instead of his kids.[break][break]

"who's taking over for you, then? after you pass."

close tab

played by

greyson

gabe
he / him
forty-five
december fourth
slateport city
heterosexual
ceo
councilman
191 height
191 height
awards
717 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gabe
GABRIEL BLACK
ARMLESS
POSTED ON May 19, 2022 1:32:25 GMT
GABRIEL BLACK Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gabe"]
he doubts sorely that would let his children in without his express command. that was a sore spot for him, and she knew that. especially after his most recent outburst.
[break][break]
but, uriah's next question strikes at the heart of the matter, but gabe doesn't falter. not even when he says what he does next.
[break][break]
"no one," he answers, not even bothering to turn and look at his son. "no one will inherit the company. it will die with me."
[attr="class","notes"][break]

[attr="class","wizzcredit"]

[newclass=".gabe"] --accent:#b75d5d; [/newclass]

[newclass=".gabe"]margin:0 auto;width:470px;line-height:15px;margin-top:-20px;margin-bottom:50px; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px;letter-spacing:0.5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gabe blockquote b"] color:var(--accent); font:bold 12px 'Poppins'; } .gabe blockquote i { color:var(--accent); } .gabe blockquote u { letter-spacing:1px; text-decoration:none; border-bottom:1px dotted; [/newclass]
[newclass=".gabe .wizzcredit"]float:right;margin-top:25px;margin-right:-40px;height:12px;width:12px;border-radius:5px;font-size:8px;line-height:12px;padding:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gabe .notes"] margin:25px 30px -15px 30px; text-align:center; padding-top:10px; border-top:1px solid #222; font:11px 'Poppins'; text-transform:uppercase; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
ARMLESS
POSTED ON May 19, 2022 3:52:04 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

uriah doesn't particularly care about the company. he's grown indifferent to it after years of unrealistic expectations and pressure that would break most.[break][break]

he stares at the back of his father's head.[break][break]

"which charity did you pick for your money?"

close tab

played by

greyson

gabe
he / him
forty-five
december fourth
slateport city
heterosexual
ceo
councilman
191 height
191 height
awards
717 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gabe
GABRIEL BLACK
ARMLESS
POSTED ON May 26, 2022 20:09:57 GMT
GABRIEL BLACK Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gabe"]
"i don't know." it's a rare moment; gabriel rarely voices when he isn't sure. then again, was this a moment where it really mattered?
[break][break]
"i've left the vast majority to your mother." his reflection, should uriah see, would reveal gabriel's face is a stoic, glazed over expression. "there will be a good portion for the education of your younger siblings, too."
[break][break]
he turns to face his son again.
[break][break]
"suggestions for the rest?"
[attr="class","notes"][break]

[attr="class","wizzcredit"]

[newclass=".gabe"] --accent:#b75d5d; [/newclass]

[newclass=".gabe"]margin:0 auto;width:470px;line-height:15px;margin-top:-20px;margin-bottom:50px; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px;letter-spacing:0.5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gabe blockquote b"] color:var(--accent); font:bold 12px 'Poppins'; } .gabe blockquote i { color:var(--accent); } .gabe blockquote u { letter-spacing:1px; text-decoration:none; border-bottom:1px dotted; [/newclass]
[newclass=".gabe .wizzcredit"]float:right;margin-top:25px;margin-right:-40px;height:12px;width:12px;border-radius:5px;font-size:8px;line-height:12px;padding:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gabe .notes"] margin:25px 30px -15px 30px; text-align:center; padding-top:10px; border-top:1px solid #222; font:11px 'Poppins'; text-transform:uppercase; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
ARMLESS
POSTED ON May 28, 2022 9:45:30 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

relief settles over his features no matter how subtle it might have been. it shows uriah's genuine concern for his siblings; the last thing he'd want for them is to go through the world alone and without support.[break][break]

it might not matter much to his father, but it means everything to uriah.[break][break]

as for the rest of the money...[break][break]

"use it to set up a foundation. scholarships for the young, or whatever. that should keep your name alive for a while."