awards
3,796 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
Time to catch up. (Mission)
POSTED ON May 27, 2022 18:19:01 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

Her question was a solid one, if he was being honest.

Damn, was the handbook that outdated already?

“Look, as long as you don’t let it distract you from the work at hand, then I’m not one to argue. Because when… when he was still around,” he began, his voice noticeably softening as he went on, “…my partner was also a Ranger. This was before… before he went missing. And eventually, after so long without any word from him, well…”

He went silent for a few moments as he pinched the bridge of his nose.

The way she’d asked, though…

“So it’s one of the guys?” he confirmed, curious.

While he did have an idea, he wanted to hear it straight from her rather than surprising her from out of nowhere.

close tab

played by

Senpai

Eli
She/Her
May 10
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Ranger
Verdanturf Ranger Captain
Single and Ready to Mingle
Available
170 CM height
170 CM height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,599 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elinor
Elinor Anderson
POSTED ON May 27, 2022 18:36:36 GMT
Elinor Anderson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","complanet"]
[attr="class","complanet-color"]
[attr="class","complanet-grad"]

[attr="class","complanet-img"]
[attr="class","complanet-img-1"]

[attr="class","complanet-shadow"]
[attr="class","complanet-top"]

Control is an illusion to ease the pain that is life.

[attr="class","complanet-post"]

She immediately felt bad for having asked the question, and she made no attempts to hide how it made her feel. It seemed to have brought Lars on a temporary spiral downwards. Still, it seemed he fought his way back and went on to ask another question.
[break][break]
She nodded. The worry and tension that Lars had given her just moments ago slowly washed away, figuring there was no reason to delve into the past. “Yes, yes it is. It kind of just happened. You know how it is, you grab a few drinks after a job well done, and well… things kind of just escalated.” Okay, she was stalling right now, even she realized that. Though she did wonder why she was so afraid of saying his name.
[break][break]
“Though I don’t know if you know the guy, his name is . He is a bit older than me, and he is a kind of rough-looking guy…” She paused, looking at Lars for the briefest of seconds to gauge his reaction though she didn’t give him time to form an opinion much less formulate an answer before she spouted “But I promise he’s an alright guy, even if he might not look like it.” Wait, why am I trying to make excuses for him already? She thought to herself.

[attr="class","complanet-bot"]

@pharaohleap

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[googlefont=Rajdhani:400,700,800]
[googlefont=Hind:400,700]
[newclass=.complanet]width:365px;border:solid 10px #f9f9f9;text-align:justify;border-radius:5px;box-shadow:0px 0px 15px rgba(22,22,22,.2);margin:20px 0px 5px 0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.complanet-color]background-color:#999999;border-radius:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.complanet-grad]border-radius:3px;background:linear-gradient(to bottom,rgba(235,235,235,.65),rgba(235,235,235,1));padding:25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.complanet-img]margin:5px 0px -15px 0px;text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.complanet-img-1]margin:0px auto;height:100px;width:100px;padding:5px;border:solid 20px #999999;background-color:#eeeeee;border-radius:100%;position:relative;z-index:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=.complanet-img-1 img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;filter:grayscale(100%) contrast(85%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.complanet-top]color:#eeeeee;text-align:center;letter-spacing:1.25px;background-color:#999999;border-radius:3px 3px 0px 0px;padding:15px;font:8px Rajdhani;font-weight:800!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.complanet-post]color:#444444;background-color:#eeeeee;padding:30px;font:10.25px Hind; letter-spacing:.25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.complanet-post i]color:#777777;[/newclass]
[newclass=.complanet-post b]color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.complanet-bot]color:#eeeeee;text-align:center;letter-spacing:1.25px;background-color:#999999;border-radius:0px 0px 3px 3px;padding:10px;font:8px Rajdhani;font-weight:800!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.complanet-bot a]display:inline-block;background-color:rgba(33,33,33,.1);padding:5px;border-radius:2px;color:#eeeeee!important;font-style:none!important;text-decoration:none;font:8px Rajdhani;font-weight:800!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.complanet-shadow]border-radius:3px;box-shadow:0px 0px 5px rgba(22,22,22,.05);[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
is gonna be the loneliest
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,796 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON May 27, 2022 18:46:27 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

The moment she mentioned ’s name, he had to fight to keep his face as neutral as possible. There was the threat of a smirk flashing on his face; but fact of the matter was that he’d found out about this from the other person involved and even gave him a tip or two was just—

“You know, that’s how me and met, too. Only he was a bartender for this now-closed place I used to frequent in Rustboro. Because who said we can only have one job? I mean, I work as a delivery rider when I have free time, Callan’s a front man for a band, there’s no wrong with that.”

And then he realized what she was doing.

“You already making excuses huh?” he said as he finally allowed himself to crack that smirk on his face. If she squinted hard enough, there may have been some horns poking out of his hair, but well—the smirk on his face said everything.

“I oversaw his training myself, you know. Did he tell you about his situation?”

Wait, shit, maybe that was supposed to stay private, fuck, fuck, oops…!

close tab

played by

Senpai

Eli
She/Her
May 10
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Ranger
Available
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
1,599 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elinor
Elinor Anderson
POSTED ON May 27, 2022 19:15:16 GMT
Elinor Anderson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","complanet"]
[attr="class","complanet-color"]
[attr="class","complanet-grad"]

[attr="class","complanet-img"]
[attr="class","complanet-img-1"]

[attr="class","complanet-shadow"]
[attr="class","complanet-top"]

Control is an illusion to ease the pain that is life.

[attr="class","complanet-post"]

Elinor couldn’t remember if Lars had mentioned his delivery gig before, but it caught her by surprise all the same. She’d have thought a high-ranking guy like him would’ve at least been paid a livable wage. She had thankfully made sure to have a second income before pursuing this job.
[break][break]
Anyhow their topic of Callan took priority. It seemed that Lars quickly caught on to her making excuses. She looked shamefully down. “Yeah, I suppose. I didn’t mean to, it just happened?” She seemed a tad bit confused even at herself.
[break][break]
“Oh, you did?” She interjected curiously. Though something else pulled her onward. “His situation?” The curiosity on her face was replaced by confusion for a short moment before she remembered what Callan had told her about his past. “Oh, you mean the fact he has an ex-wife and a child? Yeah, I know about that.” Elinor stated. “It doesn’t bother me. He is not the only one with skeletons in his closet after all. But I do have to admit, it does make me a bit jealous that he already has a child out there.” She allowed a nervous hand to wipe away a stray hair back behind her ear as she smiled.
[break][break]
“But don’t worry. I am not rushing anything.” She quickly reassured as she realized just how that sounded. Maybe that had just been the jealousy talking. "It would be selfish and reckless of me, especially considering the situation Hoenn is in right now."

[attr="class","complanet-bot"]

@pharaohleap

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[googlefont=Rajdhani:400,700,800]
[googlefont=Hind:400,700]
[newclass=.complanet]width:365px;border:solid 10px #f9f9f9;text-align:justify;border-radius:5px;box-shadow:0px 0px 15px rgba(22,22,22,.2);margin:20px 0px 5px 0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.complanet-color]background-color:#999999;border-radius:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.complanet-grad]border-radius:3px;background:linear-gradient(to bottom,rgba(235,235,235,.65),rgba(235,235,235,1));padding:25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.complanet-img]margin:5px 0px -15px 0px;text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.complanet-img-1]margin:0px auto;height:100px;width:100px;padding:5px;border:solid 20px #999999;background-color:#eeeeee;border-radius:100%;position:relative;z-index:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=.complanet-img-1 img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;filter:grayscale(100%) contrast(85%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.complanet-top]color:#eeeeee;text-align:center;letter-spacing:1.25px;background-color:#999999;border-radius:3px 3px 0px 0px;padding:15px;font:8px Rajdhani;font-weight:800!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.complanet-post]color:#444444;background-color:#eeeeee;padding:30px;font:10.25px Hind; letter-spacing:.25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.complanet-post i]color:#777777;[/newclass]
[newclass=.complanet-post b]color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.complanet-bot]color:#eeeeee;text-align:center;letter-spacing:1.25px;background-color:#999999;border-radius:0px 0px 3px 3px;padding:10px;font:8px Rajdhani;font-weight:800!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.complanet-bot a]display:inline-block;background-color:rgba(33,33,33,.1);padding:5px;border-radius:2px;color:#eeeeee!important;font-style:none!important;text-decoration:none;font:8px Rajdhani;font-weight:800!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.complanet-shadow]border-radius:3px;box-shadow:0px 0px 5px rgba(22,22,22,.05);[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
is gonna be the loneliest
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,796 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON May 29, 2022 15:51:34 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“From what I can pick up from you, there’s maybe this tiny little green monster,” he dropped off, holding two of his fingers so close together that they were just a paper-width’s apart from each other, “…this tiny little green monster that is maybe slightly jealous,” he ended with a chuckle.

He could tell. How? He just could!

“Well, the good thing is that he’s opened up about that to you, so at least you know he doesn’t have anything to hide,” he added with another nod of his head.

“Trust is another thing that’s hard to find, but of course you already knew that.”

She wasn’t a little girl anymore, the rest she could figure out on her own.

“You know… I could totally go for a milk tea now. Want to go down and grab one?” he offered.

close tab

played by

Senpai

Eli
She/Her
May 10
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Ranger
Available
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
1,599 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elinor
Elinor Anderson
POSTED ON May 29, 2022 16:23:20 GMT
Elinor Anderson Avatar
And of course, Lars would tease her for her momentary jealousy. Her cheeks reddened in embarrassment. Though, she suppose she had come to expect no less from the man who sat in front of her.

In an attempt to not give him any more ammunition, he allowed him to continue speaking. Wise words were leaving his mouth. And Elinor couldn’t help but wonder if they came from experience. Though whether they did or not. She would take them to heart regardless. She gave him a small nod in regards to trust, a thing she’d found particularly hard to find.

“Yeah, that’d be lovely. I really do need something to wash down all those Caramels.” She sends him a smile as she gets up and readies to leave with him, it was not a teasing smile, just a genuinely pleased one. It had been nice, just getting to talk with him one on one. She hoped she would get to do that again, sometime soon.

OOC: This is Elinor's finishing post.

@tagsomeone

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,943 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON May 30, 2022 5:45:26 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS:
(REPEAT)