awards
5,062 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
leave the light on [s]
POSTED ON Jun 9, 2022 2:24:05 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

The first thing he noticed was that his view of the world wasn’t vertical, but horizontal—had he fallen asleep outside? On the couch? Wait—wha—

And then, just then—at the sight of William’s mischievous grin, before a singular ‘Baa!’ of triumph echoed throughout the space, everything that happened the previous evening came rushing back to hit him with the force of a tidal wave.

He then bolted upward, looked around wildly, before belatedly registering that all of the Wooloo he was herd master to had practically parked themselves in a half-circle around the two. Well, one was still sleeping happily leaned against Memo’s legs, but the other five were like…

Watching them.

Even the tiny little runt, who hilariously was positioned in the middle of the semi-circle, let out a confused-sounding ‘Baa?!’ before looking at her two dads, of which William leered back with this shit-eating grin on his face.

Smokey could only roll his eyes at the stupidity going on all around him. Oy.

“Me—” he began to stammer, suddenly realizing that he had passed out in the other’s lap.

“How’d you get in here?!” he blurted out, before the baa-ing chorus of laughter (mostly William, though) began to ring throughout the space.

“Wha—did—did I do something? Like—like, indecent to you?!”

close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
it gets lonely in this gangster's paradise
awards
1,176 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
leave the light on [s]
POSTED ON Jun 9, 2022 2:37:43 GMT
Guillermo Marceliño Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxfl"]
Alexei sat up like an electric shock and Memo was glad he’d been leaned back in a yawn because they would’ve clocked heads like a bell’s clapper and that would’ve sincerely sucked. Alex stared, wide-eyed, at his half-circle array of sheep and seemed to grow paler and redder at the same time with each set of beady eyeballs he set upon.
[break][break]
Memo was mostly used to it, somehow, by now, and just masked his smile by covering another yawn. He’d clued into Zuza’s terribly clumsy approach to matchmaking immediately, so score a point for him, and was very aware that Alexei’s herd of ovine companions had it in for the two of them. Whether or not it was for some good short-time ribbing or for something more long term remained to be seen.
[break][break]
Alexei was still, more or less, laying on him, with one hand propped on the edge of the couch to lift him up. Memo tried not to wince as feeling rolled back into his legs for the first time in a couple of hours.
[break][break]
“No, love,” Memo said, resisting the urge to grab at his sore, locked-up knees; he was sleep-deprived and stiff and coming out of that valley of terror that happens when one is ridiculously stressed. It made his tongue a bit loose and his head a bit fuzzy. “Unless you count putting my legs to sleep indecent. Not that I’d have minded, of course. But maybe not in the state you were in.” He pressed his chest forward, spine popping and cracking up between his shoulder blades. “You were having a bad time so I stayed for a cuddle. But I don’t imagine you have a real bed we could park in if we’re going to stay like this?” He cracked his neck. “Or coffee?"

[break][break]

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.blboxfl]font:11px roboto;--accent:#d6f28e;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxfl b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,062 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
leave the light on [s]
POSTED ON Jun 9, 2022 3:04:14 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

At the mention of the words ‘bad time’, he then quickly grabbed his phone and swiped upward to check the date—

Before everything came crashing down, yet again, like a tidal wave.

“I—we—I didn’t… do anything too stupid last night, did I?” he asked the other quietly. The place looked—normal; there was no lingering scent of disinfectant or anything out of place. It was mostly how he’d left everything before he’d passed out (and subsequently woken up to a lot of fucking nightmares).

Once he’d mentioned a bed, he then realized—

“Oh djinni I am so sorry if you had to sleep like that!” he blurted out, covering his face because holy hellballs, why was he extremely embarrassed about this?!

(At least they still had all their clothes on. All of it.)

It was at this point he belatedly realized he hadn’t cleared out the guest room—uh oh. Oh fuck.

Which therefore left the option of…

His bedroom.

“Did… did you bring clothes? I mean, uh—the bathroom’s over there,” he gestured in a random direction—it was near the repurposed ‘cat tower’ where his entire Eeveelution armada was sleeping or stretched out like a bunch of lazy-ass idiots.

“You… you can come… into my room after you take a shower, I have a queen-sized bed we can share…”

He didn’t realize what he said until his mind literally screamed at him exactly half a second later.

Cue the syncopatic snickering from most of the assembled Wooloo (minus Smokey), they were definitely enjoying taking the shit out on their poor herd master; William especially.

Just to make things even crazier, William himself stood up and practically rolled into the sofa, trying to shove the other closer to Alexei. However, this ended up producing a different effect instead.

“Will, what the hell are you—” he exclaimed as he suddenly lost his balance and ended up face-first in the other’s man’s lap, once more.

Cue the full-body blush.

close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
awards
1,176 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
leave the light on [s]
POSTED ON Jun 9, 2022 11:06:42 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxfl"]
He’d intended to lower Alex into the memory of last night gently and buffeted by lots of humor, but that didn’t stop the man from grabbing his phone with the ferocity of a thrashing panicked fawn. Memo tensed, ready to jump in with more stabilizing hugs and maybe even a smooch or two, if necessary. Such sacrifices just had to be made sometimes.
[break][break]
He smiled at Alexei. “No, love. Nothing stupid. You were just dealing with some stuff, which is understandable.” He leaned forward, managing to swing his legs off the couch and holding back the sigh of relief as he moved to soothe a blushing Alex with back rubs. “It’s okay! It’s okay! I volunteered. It wasn’t too bad.”
[break][break]
Alexei seemed to be fighting with something internally and Memo tilted his head at him. “I brought some clean undies and I think a pair of sweatpants that doesn’t have frogs on them.” He was about to dismiss himself to take a shower and give Alex a break when Will did-- well, he did a Will, honestly-- and pushed Alex back into his lap.
[break][break]
He had to bite back laughter as he gently but firmly pushed the Wooloo back off the couch. “Hey,” he said, managing to maintain a level of sternness in his voice. “None of that, now.” There will be plenty of time for that later, he thought, as a joke. Mostly. He helped a tomato-faced Alexei sit back up but by the time he’d righted the man he was grinning despite himself.
[break][break]
“If it’s too much, I can leave,” he said, somehow accomplishing to not sound disappointed. He didn’t want to push Alexei into anything he wasn’t ready for, even if he was unequivocally talking about sleeping and not anything… extracurricular. “As long as you’re going to be okay,” he added, resolute.
[break][break]

[newclass=.blboxfl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,062 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
leave the light on [s]
POSTED ON Jun 11, 2022 23:42:18 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

Much as he wanted to make a crack or a quip about the predominantly froggy nightwear the other had on, he couldn’t, because:

#1: his rational faculties were still, well, rattled.
#2: he was a few steps away from a full-on body blush. Someone save his gay ass!

In turn, he then gave William this absolutely evil glare. Well, as evil as he could muster up, anyway.

“Will. What in the hell?” he hissed—and if Memo would notice, whenever Alex would say that particular line (‘what in the hell’) it sounded much like a certain game show host’s way of enunciating it…

“W-w-w-wait! D-don’t leave,” he blurted out, before his brain screamed at him again when he belatedly realized what he’d just said.

“Y-y’ain’t goin’ anywhere. At least… n-n-n-not without catching some proper sleep.”

Was that… an open invitation for the other to stay longer?

Possibly stay the whole day with him?!

close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
awards
1,176 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
leave the light on [s]
POSTED ON Jun 11, 2022 23:56:18 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxfl"]
Memo let his head fall to the side, heavy with sleepiness, as he watched Alexei deal with his wayward wooly friend. Distantly he remembered how nice it felt to have his weight slumbering across his legs and to be playing with his hair. He would feel demolished-- a slight bit worse than destroyed, he reckoned-- if Alexei took him up on his offer of leaving.
[break][break]
So when he turned on him and barred the possibility, it made his heart sing, but all he managed was a tired smile.
[break][break]
“‘Snot like I have to drive,” he said, but he didn’t fight the matter anymore. Just how far down this gift horse’s throat was he going to stick his head? Still, he didn’t want it to seem like he was taking advantage of Alexei’s vulnerability-- waiting until he was at a low point to make a move. So he stretched his legs one more time, then stretched his arms above his head, and stood up, grabbing the string of his overnight bag as he went.
[break][break]
“I can just sleep on the couch, too,” he said, stepping in the direction of the bathroom.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,062 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
leave the light on [s]
POSTED ON Jun 12, 2022 0:04:17 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“No. Y’ain’t sleepin’ on the couch, an’ tha’s final,” he rumbled once he watched the other man pull himself up to his…

5’4” shortness.

Yeah.

“You are gettin’ a proper sleep, and I ain’t havin’ none’a that extra behavior… y’re comin’ wi’ me to m’ bedroom,” he continued as he finally righted his position on the couch, sitting up (but still looking hell-ass sleepy) in the process.

The Wooloo had since scattered, with Smokey dragging William away (as per usual) and the little widdle kid following her mother—which left the tiny little runt of a Wooloo to chase after her arguing dads (what else was new) and the… yowler.

The yowling, dirty-wooled Wooloo.

“And you,” he half-hissed, half-yawned at the ‘yowling’ one, “…behave!”

close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
awards
1,176 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
leave the light on [s]
POSTED ON Jun 12, 2022 0:38:23 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxfl"]
Memo smiled. They were both exhausted-- Alexei probably felt pretty drained from the sheer volume of emotions he’d felt last night. Memo stretched, hands pressing on the small of his back, spine cracking; he righted himself quickly when Alex admonished him about his dragging heels, and his smile turned into a grin.
[break][break]
“Right-o,” he said, flashing a thumbs up. “Don’t have to tell me twice.” I’d love an excuse to be in bed with you died on the back of his tongue but even if it was a joke (it was) he didn’t want to risk the chance of it being misconstrued. “I’ll be quick,” he said, instead.
[break][break]
He was in the bathroom while Alex was admonishing the smallest and newest of his little flock. It was an impeccably clean set-up, with towels and such already laid out. It took him five minutes to hop in, utilize the hygiene items already within, and scrub off the staleness and sweat from the night of sleeping under someone. He rubbed the last of the stiffness out of his neck and was sort of almost awake by the time he was dry and in new clothes-- clean undies and plain gray sweats, but he hadn’t brought a second shirt. His first one passed the sniff test, though, so he slipped it back on and headed back out to the living room trying to hide his excitement.
[break][break]
“So,” he said, to re-announce his presence, hoping Alex hadn’t fallen asleep again-- he was strong but he didn’t so much fancy carrying him, given that he was half a foot taller and a few stone heavier-- “bed?”

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,062 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
leave the light on [s]
POSTED ON Jun 12, 2022 1:09:59 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

He had no idea how long the other was going to take in the guest bathroom, so he decided to lean back on the couch and give his tired neck a rest.

The little ‘yowler’ had since rolled off, probably to mope somewhere since his dad had gone off somewhere and he had no idea where the fuck-ass that was. The Wooloo still yowled as he rolled away, though.

…at least the good thing was that the ‘yowler’ (as Alexei had since decided to call the newest addition to the herd in the meantime) didn’t attack them on sight. Maybe the expression came from… somewhere?

Alexei then decided to rest his eyes a little—and so it was when Memo came back out from the bathroom, he’d slipped into a light nap, but jolted awake at the sound of the other man’s voice.

“That… was quick,” he yawned as he pulled himself up and stretched his arms over his head. Ah, the pain of being a beanpole.

“Follow me,” he continued, heading to one particular door that he’d slammed shut the night before and opened—

“In here,” he went on, gesturing to the bed within. Once he’d allowed the other enough time to go through, he’d follow suit and close the door—but not before locking it as well.

Because all of his indoor Pokémon had a nasty habit of just walking into his room when the door was unlocked!

close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
awards
1,176 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
leave the light on [s]
POSTED ON Jun 12, 2022 1:21:32 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxfl"]
Memo was slightly relieved the horde of sheep wasn’t waiting for him back out in the living room. Likewise there were no hangers on as he let Alexei lead the way, following him into the bedroom.
[break][break]
Oh, god. He was getting nervous.
[break][break]
It’s just a bedroom, he thought, hoping to calm his rapidly quickening heartbeat. It’s just a bedroom. It’s just sleeping.
[break][break]
But being just a bedroom didn’t make it any better because it was just Alexei’s bedroom and, oh, jeez, everything had come so far so fast, huh? Weird that this had all started with a speed date and a couple of sheep pictures on the other man’s phone. But now they were in his bedroom.
[break][break]
The first thing that Memo realized was that it smelled like Alexei-- smelled clean and wholesome and fresh, with the tiniest hint of sugar, opposed to his apartment which usually smelled like garlic powder and pepper and, god forbid, Oona when it rained, sometimes.
[break][break]
Which meant the sheets and blankets would smell like Alexei which meant, by further extension, he would smell like Alexei. His stomach was doing loop-de-loops over a smell! A smell.
[break][break]
He heard the lock click behind him-- and his brain hastily explained it away that it was for peace of mind, to stop any or all of Alexei’s horde from rushing in on him while he slept-- but that was when he realized he was well and truly in it now, huh? He’d rushed over from a string of panicked calls filled with the fear that something horrible had happened to someone he’d loved.
[break][break]
Get a hold of yourself, Marceliño.
[break][break]
“Do… you have a particular side you prefer?” he asked, feeling lame, wondering if it was too late to volunteer to sleep on the floor. But he was very tired and the bed looked very inviting-- it was bigger than his. The pillows looked nicer, too.
[break][break]
It’s just a bed. It’s just sleeping. It’s just a bed. It’s just sleeping.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,062 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
leave the light on [s]
POSTED ON Jun 12, 2022 1:32:25 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“Wh-why are you n-n-n-nervous?” he asked the other, unable to stop a huge yawn in the process as he turned to face the queen-sized bed once more.

Ah, the bed where he spent many a lonely evening…

Well, the sun was shining outside now, but thankfully he had a solution to that!

Alexei then walked sleepily over to the windows and pulled the blackout curtains over them, shutting out the evil, evil sunlight in the process.

“Ah… better…” he yawned again, before fumbling around—where the fuck did he leave the remote for the AC unit?!

Without even thinking, he’d literally flung himself onto the bed, on the side where he distinctly remembered leaving the bird whistle and his dogtags (that actually held a very rarely-used Key Stone).

“C’min… bed’s fine,” he yawned again as he fumbled the remote control for the AC and flicked it on. Fuck, how he hated Hoennian summers.

They were absolutely terrible.

close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
awards
1,176 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
leave the light on [s]
POSTED ON Jun 12, 2022 2:02:33 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxfl"]
I’m not nervous,” Guillermo responded, with the rapidity and grace of someone who was very nervous.
[break][break]
Alexei didn’t seem to mind. He pulled the big, dark curtains over the daylight streaming in the windows and suddenly it was night again. With the practiced ease of someone used to it, he flung himself over the bed, fumbling on his nightstand for something in a direct impersonation of Memo at 2 AM this morning trying to find his ringing phone.
[break][break]
He smiled.
[break][break]
The AC united roared to life as Alexei invited him in; he felt a bit like a vampire, like some spell was broken, and whatever was holding him back broke with a soft yawn. He sat down and stretched his legs long on the cool covers, giving his back one last arching pop before settling down. He snuck under the blankets and let himself rest on the pillow, just barely being able to hold back from noticeably smelling the fabric, like a freak.
[break][break]
The AC rumbled away with a comforting whirr and Memo was secretly thankful for its presence. He was hot-blooded and generally ran warm-- a bit of a hotbox, as Alexei would, no doubt, soon discover. It was a blessing in a Galarian winter but not quite so much when trying to get your cuddle on in the early Hoennian summer.
[break][break]
He rolled over on his back to look drowsily at Alexei. “Are you a big cuddler?” he asked, stifling a yawn. “I tend to run hot, so, you might want to crank that thing.” He jerked his thumb at the AC unit

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,062 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
leave the light on [s]
POSTED ON Jun 12, 2022 2:49:19 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“Y-y-y-you…so are,” he yawned as he shoved the blankets away. Nope. He was going to enjoy the frigid conditions that the AC unit would bring, no blankets, he was… well, he was a child of winter anyway.

Not only was he a child of winter, he also happened to be a child born on a winter solstice… with a fucking physical shell that was way past warranty. Shame he couldn’t get a replacement body.

“Th-that’s always on… coldest,” he yawned again, grabbing one of the pillows and whacking it a few times so it was fluffed up and comfortable enough for him to snuggle into.

“You… space heater?” he continued sleepily, not resisting the pull of the cold air as it began to settle in—rather thickly.

All around them.

As for the cuddling question… well, time to find that out, Memo.

close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
awards
1,176 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
leave the light on [s]
POSTED ON Jun 12, 2022 3:02:16 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxfl"]
“Maybe a little,” Memo finally allowed, covering his yawn in both hands. Now that they were both laying down and it was dark it was getting harder and harder to resist the comforting and insistent pull of sleep. “I’ve just-- never done this before.” But his words were slurring even as Alexei kicked the blankets down.
[break][break]
“A lil’ bit, of a space heater,” he confessed, rolling over onto his side-- though he scooted closer to the edge of the bed to give Alexei as much room as he possibly could. It was his bed, after all.
[break][break]
“Mmh, g’night. Morning. Whatevers.”

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,062 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
leave the light on [s]
POSTED ON Jun 12, 2022 3:11:58 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

Of course the other had to go towards the edge of the bed.

How much more self-sacrificing would he get?!

“What’re you… doing ov’r there,” he continued sleepily, reaching a hand out to drag yank pull the other man closer to the middle of the bed lest he be an idiot and roll off the bed and end up on the floor.

“Ge’ ov’r ‘ere…” he yawned again, the pull of a comforting rest threatening to drag him under so quickly, because of how fast the temperature dived in the room. Ah, nice and cold… just how he liked it…

“C’moooon…” he whined, hand still stretched out before the lull of sleep took him away.

(Hopefully to a place where the nightmares wouldn’t reach him.)