forty-five
december fourth
slateport city
heterosexual
ceo
councilman
191 height
191 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
717 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gabe
GABRIEL BLACK
old ways
POSTED ON May 30, 2022 22:37:20 GMT
GABRIEL BLACK Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gabe"]
groudon's rampage had done more than ravage the little mountain top and disperse wildlife. his tantrum had a lasting effect on the livelihood of those that lived by, and their faith in the 'old-ways'. thus, a monument, no bigger than gabriel, had been erected in service to the old deity.
[break][break]

and not everyone was happy about it.
[break]
[break]

the league had issued a statement, generalized and weak, in an act of neutrality to the situation. this of course appeased no-one.
[break]
[break]

so gabriel would show up himself, and with his presence, the voice and support of the leagues highest running officials. this monument would stay, or it would go, at his behest.
[break]
[break]
"what made you decide to accompany me today?"

[attr="class","notes"]@adrial [break]mission

[attr="class","wizzcredit"]

[newclass=".gabe"] --accent:#b75d5d; [/newclass]

[newclass=".gabe"]margin:0 auto;width:470px;line-height:15px;margin-top:-20px;margin-bottom:50px; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px;letter-spacing:0.5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gabe blockquote b"] color:var(--accent); font:bold 12px 'Poppins'; } .gabe blockquote i { color:var(--accent); } .gabe blockquote u { letter-spacing:1px; text-decoration:none; border-bottom:1px dotted; [/newclass]
[newclass=".gabe .wizzcredit"]float:right;margin-top:25px;margin-right:-40px;height:12px;width:12px;border-radius:5px;font-size:8px;line-height:12px;padding:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gabe .notes"] margin:25px 30px -15px 30px; text-align:center; padding-top:10px; border-top:1px solid #222; font:11px 'Poppins'; text-transform:uppercase; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
old ways
POSTED ON Jun 7, 2022 3:36:54 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

Spend time with his old man? Rocket must be playing a sick joke on him. He almost said no, but something told Adrial he wasn't being asked but told. [break][break]

"I had nothing better to do." he replied candidly, "And I figured you'd need the hand."[break][break]

Adrial looked to the monument, scarlet hues holding no small amount of indifference. "Isn't it a bit tacky to erect a statue of the thing that caused all this destruction?" pointless too. Groudon didn't care about monuments or shrines. [break][break]

No deity did.

[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"] [break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-ditto"]

[attr="class","milkcredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#7C6678; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .milkcredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .milkcredit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .milkcredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

greyson

gabe
he / him
forty-five
december fourth
slateport city
heterosexual
ceo
councilman
191 height
191 height
awards
717 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gabe
GABRIEL BLACK
old ways
POSTED ON Jun 7, 2022 4:41:45 GMT
GABRIEL BLACK Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gabe"]
gabriel releases an exhale indignantly, writing off the comment about the hand as a half-hearted jab, or a mistake. his temper was worse than it had ever had been, weeks after the incident, but now he felt his cool-head returning. he didn't want to mess that up.
[break][break]
"perhaps," he says, admiring the thing with a cold and stoic gaze, "but when your life is on the line, you'll do anything to survive. even if that means appeasing a deity that could care less."[break][break]
he didn't much care whether it stayed, or went, admittedly. he was simply here to weigh the political gain.
[break][break]
"you think it should go, then?"

[attr="class","notes"]@adrial [break]mission

[newclass=".gabe"]margin:0 auto;width:470px;line-height:15px;margin-top:-20px;margin-bottom:50px; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px;letter-spacing:0.5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gabe blockquote b"] color:var(--accent); font:bold 12px 'Poppins'; } .gabe blockquote i { color:var(--accent); } .gabe blockquote u { letter-spacing:1px; text-decoration:none; border-bottom:1px dotted; [/newclass]
[newclass=".gabe .wizzcredit"]float:right;margin-top:25px;margin-right:-40px;height:12px;width:12px;border-radius:5px;font-size:8px;line-height:12px;padding:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gabe .notes"] margin:25px 30px -15px 30px; text-align:center; padding-top:10px; border-top:1px solid #222; font:11px 'Poppins'; text-transform:uppercase; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
old ways
POSTED ON Jun 7, 2022 4:57:33 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

Only a sigh. Adrial is a little surprised. He expected a scolding, but maybe losing an arm mellowed his father out. [break][break]

Doubtful.[break][break]

"Only the weak pray to the gods for saving." Even at his lowest, Adrial never steeped so low as to ask the divine for help. He didn't fault those who didn't share his resolve, though. Not everyone possessed strength like he and his father.[break][break]

He shrugged. [break][break]

"I don't care one way or the other. If it makes the masses feel safe, so be it."

[break][break]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#7C6678; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .milkcredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .milkcredit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .milkcredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

greyson

gabe
he / him
forty-five
december fourth
slateport city
heterosexual
ceo
councilman
191 height
191 height
awards
717 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gabe
GABRIEL BLACK
old ways
POSTED ON Jun 7, 2022 5:16:21 GMT
GABRIEL BLACK Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gabe"]
"i doubt they pray to groudon to be saved, but faced with calamity, people are willing to go to any lengths." a glance down at his stump only reminds him of how true that was.
[break][break]
gabriel proceeds to take a step forward on the curtail of his son's shrug.
[break][break]
"personal opinions aside, we have a job to do. ask around for issac hastings and gauge his views. he wants the statue torn down. i will speak to the woman opposing him, claire bensen.""

[attr="class","notes"]@adrial | feel free to RP that interaction or sum it up, whatever is easiest i think.[break]

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
old ways
POSTED ON Jul 14, 2022 20:19:55 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

"Saved, spared - there's not much difference." [break][break]

He followed Gabriel's gaze to the sorry stump of an arm. Some twisted part of the redhead wanted to sneer, happy to see his father suffering. [break][break]

"Issac Hastings." Adrial repeated, looking up. Finding one man amongst the dozens gathered shouldn't be too hard. He walked off, hands in his pockets to ask around. [break][break]

A few minutes later, he returned, rubbing at his neck. [break][break]

"The bloke wants the monument gone, and he's got the temper to tear it down himself if the League doesn't."

[break][break]

close tab

played by

greyson

gabe
he / him
forty-five
december fourth
slateport city
heterosexual
ceo
councilman
191 height
191 height
awards
717 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gabe
GABRIEL BLACK
old ways
POSTED ON Jul 27, 2022 16:26:36 GMT
GABRIEL BLACK Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gabe"]
"i see," he says, expression a mask. "my own was a religious zealot, but i could see the fear she's masking with it."
[Break][break]
he half-turns, regarding his son.
[Break][break]
"either way someone will be upset. what do you believe we should do?"

[break][break]

[attr="class","notes"]@adrial[break]

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
old ways
POSTED ON Jul 27, 2022 17:34:36 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

He shrugged. [break][break]

"Why's it matter what I think?" Adrial frown, "You're the one with all the say, father."

[break][break]

close tab

played by

greyson

gabe
he / him
forty-five
december fourth
slateport city
heterosexual
ceo
councilman
191 height
191 height
awards
717 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gabe
GABRIEL BLACK
old ways
POSTED ON Jul 27, 2022 20:31:07 GMT
GABRIEL BLACK Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gabe"]
there's no flicker of discernable emotion across the councilman's face. years of practice, of boardroom meetings and familial beatings, keep him a stoic mountain.
[break][break]
yet somehow, adrial could sense his father was disappointed.
[break][break]
"when someone gives you agency, do you not relinquish it so quickly. people are rarely afforded, you'll come to find, the opportunity to make impactful decisions."
[break][break]
"but, if you wish to have no input, then, very well."

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
old ways
POSTED ON Jul 27, 2022 22:23:58 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

The redhead mimicked his father like a mirror, his jaw set in stoney stoicism. Disappointment hidden behind masks is nothing new. All his life Adrial's felt it in the air, thick and irritating despite the camouflage.[break][break]

"Spare me the lecture." he replied, "I assumed you'd ignored my suggestion." like you ignored me, he wanted to add.

"We should try to find a compromise. Something to avoid fighting at the very least."

[break][break]

close tab

played by

greyson

gabe
he / him
forty-five
december fourth
slateport city
heterosexual
ceo
councilman
191 height
191 height
awards
717 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gabe
GABRIEL BLACK
old ways
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2022 19:15:26 GMT
GABRIEL BLACK Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gabe"]
a deep rumble rolls around in gabriel's chest, contemplating spurring forth the gravel like sound. his eyes narrow slightly, mind working in silence, before he finally speaks.
[break][break]
"how do you propose we find a compromise?" he asks, voice a void of any emotion, aside from curiosity. "do we learn from king solomon and offer to split it down the center?"
[break][break]
it'd be amusing, but impractical; gabriel often preferred the latter.
[break][break]
"i see no outcome that doesn't come with choosing a side."
[break][break]
and gabriel had already chosen his.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
old ways
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2022 23:34:13 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

"Not split it, but suggest moving the statue. Place it higher up the volcano or somewhere out of the way." [break][break]

Those who didn't want to see it wouldn't have to, and the others got to keep their idol. It sounded good to him.[break][break]

But father would find some fault in the plan, he's sure.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

greyson

gabe
he / him
forty-five
december fourth
slateport city
heterosexual
ceo
councilman
191 height
191 height
awards
717 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gabe
GABRIEL BLACK
old ways
POSTED ON Aug 1, 2022 14:34:22 GMT
GABRIEL BLACK Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gabe"]
with the grace of a mountain, gabriel turns to face the boy.

[break][break]
"hmm, a situation that appeals to both sides." he nods once, going through the motions in his mind. finally, he nods one last time.
[Break][break]
"very well. let's break the news."
[Break][break]
it takes some time to gather the appropriate factions, but when they do, gabriel breaks the news.
[Break][break]
protests rise quickly, but the councilman squashes them. best to move the statue, than for gabriel to tear it down with his bear hands.
[Break][break]
when all is said and done, and he and @adrial are beginning their trek home, he speaks.
[Break][break]
"good job today."

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
old ways
POSTED ON Aug 15, 2022 6:19:54 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

Oh? Adrial cocked a bushy, red eyebrow. Father, agreeing with him? Maybe losing that arm did change something in Gabriel. The redhead entertained the thought long enough to find it ridiculous. More likely, his dad already planned to move the statue. [break][break]

Lips part to suggest as much when they're all done, but he stops, surprise filling his eyes. Now he was getting praise? He must have stepped into an alternate Hoenn without realizing it. [break][break]

"Thanks." he replied dryly. After a moment of silence, Adrial adds, "You're not dying, or somethin', are you?"

[break][break]

close tab

played by

greyson

gabe
he / him
forty-five
december fourth
slateport city
heterosexual
ceo
councilman
191 height
191 height
awards
717 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gabe
GABRIEL BLACK
old ways
POSTED ON Sept 6, 2022 3:32:35 GMT
GABRIEL BLACK Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gabe"]
"you wouldn't be so lucky," he muses, though it sounds as serious as ever.
[break][break]

"i give credit where it is deserved. if you're surprised by my praise, look inwardly and ask yourself why." he giveth, he taketh away.
[break][break]

"come, we'll break the news."

[break][break]