awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
warped mirror [m][aqua]
POSTED ON May 31, 2022 18:13:31 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

Alexei was pretty used to the fact that among the current gym leaders, the ones who weren’t a member of this ‘AQUA Initiative’, at the very least, had been left in the dark regarding other matters that he would consider to be of great (if not utter) importance.

Smash-cut to him with Doug.

“Do you… do you know why the other leaders weren’t involved, or at the very least informed, of what the hell is going on?” he asked the other quietly, his gaze looking around.

While he wasn’t familiar with the so-called ‘sea people’, he was familiar with the concept of crossing over into alternate realities; having found himself in a Dune version of Hoenn where the big-ass Pokémon that scourged the battlefield during the Three-Day War ran rampant.

(Okay if that wasn’t terrifying, then what else would be?!)

“Or are the rest of us being deliberately kept in the dark about all this?”

Clearly there was something not sitting right with him; especially not after he’d heard the story of how the Dune version of Hoenn he’d ended up in had gone to shit due to that world’s League mismanagement…

(In the back of his mind he couldn’t help but wonder if the @mattis he had met in that world was still alive…)

mission: sealing (AQUA)

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
Lt. Colonel, Medical Corps
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
5' 11" (181 cm) / 180 lbs (82 kg) height
You're being healed. Please do not resist.
awards
2,867 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
warped mirror [m][aqua]
POSTED ON Jun 4, 2022 19:40:59 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Warped Mirror

I can't believe I have to do this again,

"No." Doug replied flatly as they walked, eyes never leaving their destination. "No idea. 'fraid ya gonna have to ask goode ol' or for that one, cause I don't get it either."

Perhaps they had hoped to delay the leaking of information for a while longer by limiting the number of people he knew.

But then, it wouldn't make sense for them to invite and . If they could trust two outsiders with the information, one would think the longest running gym leader in the region would be a no brainer.

"'Fraid the brilliance of our top brass is lost on lil' ol' me." He said, sarcasm dripping from his lips like venom.

Maybe his inability to see the point was why he wasn't in the council.

Yet.

"I'm sure it ain't nothin' personal, if nothing else." He said, finally shrugging as he turned his gaze towards Alexei and shrugged with an uncomfortable look.

He didn't like the state of things either. He knew that he didn't have the rank needed to be informed of anything immediately. He would learn of it as soon as the league needed him to do something...

His brow furrowed, a huff leaving his lips as he turned his gaze back to the long tunnel stretching before them.

"Just means we'll have to become part of the top brass ourselves." He didn't know if Alexei had anything planned- but he certainly did.
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
warped mirror [m][aqua]
POSTED ON Jun 12, 2022 21:24:23 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“I just find the fact that all the other Gym Leaders weren’t at the very least given a heads-up about this off-putting, if you catch my drift,” he grumbled as he looked around.

Shit, just how much water was there anyway?

Feeling really uncomfortable at the sight of all the ‘water’ that they would have to cross, he quickly summoned his Braviary and hopped on the avian’s back, but didn’t fly up too high—he’d made sure to be close enough so the other could still hear him as they spoke.

“I can’t help but feel slighted that they’d ignore the rest of us. What are we, cannon fodder? No wait, let me correct this—meteor fodder?”

What if those plans failed?

“What if…” he trailed off, before shaking his head but continuing to say it anyway, “…what if the so-called ‘safeguards’ that they have planned and are setting up fail? What then?”

He was being… well, he wasn’t sure if he was being a pessimist or just a realist, but either way, he was trying to approach this from the point of view of someone who wasn’t directly involved.

“…I’ve actually drawn up plans for a fallout shelter, just in case…” he said from out of nowhere. While a bit extreme, well—what else was there?

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,867 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
warped mirror [m][aqua]
POSTED ON Jun 24, 2022 14:57:30 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Warped Mirror

"Then do something about it." Doug responded irritably, giving taller man a somewhat judgmental look. "Yer the longest serving Gym Leader in Hoenn. If ya stand up, we all will!"

If anyone could rally all of the gym leaders together to stand up to the Council, surely it was him. Who else could claim to have stuck through it all, thick and thin? ?

Sure, maybe, but nobody liked him! Oh, and he was also part of the Council.

"The new gym leaders are still getting their bearings. Mr. Silph's clearly picked his lane." He said bluntly, brow furrowed. "If we don't stand up for ourselves, nobody will."

It was about damn time they all freaking did what needed to be done.

"Let's gather everyone up and unionize!" Doug said as he pumped a fist, looking with gleaming eyes. He almost seemed excited about it.

The whole talk of fall out shelters went entirely over his head; that was a nice idea and all, but he had his own plans regarding the meteor.
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
warped mirror [m][aqua]
POSTED ON Jun 29, 2022 13:54:22 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

He sighed at the pronouncement—

That was true, after all… he’d seen so many people come and go, he was practically the most tenured out of all the current roster of Gym Leaders.

While he had no aspirations to get into politics (that was another entire minefield entirely) he couldn’t help but chuckle at Doug’s sudden ‘battle cry’.

“I would if I could, Doug. Thing is, I’m not exactly one of the more… how do I put this, ‘motivational’ leaders around…”

It was kind of true after all. He did have the entirety of Fortree to worry about (outside the Sanctuary itself) plus… well, despite him being in this position of influence he preferred to be more laid-back when it came to things like this.

However, the younger man did make a point… because if nobody would stand up for the others, then who the hell would?

“Might as well—” he trailed off, before very nearly being knocked out of the sky by a sudden burst of—was that a Hydro Pump attack?!

“What the fuck?!” he yelped, craning his neck forward and looking in the direction where the offending attack had come from—

A Gyarados that looked like it was wholly, completely made out of water had attacked him. Right in the air.

“The hell’s this?!” he exclaimed as the Gyarados took aim again, this time trying to sideswipe everyone with a Hyper Beam attack.

“You didn’t tell me there would be attacking Poké… are they Pokémon?!” he exclaimed as he urged the Braviary to suddenly fly as low as possible, because the trajectory of the attack looked like it was going to eradicate everyone standing at approximately the height of the Gyarados… the not!Gyarados, as he called it in his head.

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,867 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
warped mirror [m][aqua]
POSTED ON Jul 15, 2022 13:45:20 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Warped Mirror

Doug would've smacked some strength of will into Alexei if battle hadn't come at them fast and without warning. If the man wasn't confident in his group talking skills, Doug would've been happy to cover for whatever 'weakness' he felt he might have.

That said, his last words were just silly.

"Whatdaya mean ya 'didn't know'?!" Shouted Doug up at the man up in the air, before his eyes widened as the Watery Gyarados unleashed sweeping rays of destruction.

The youth leapt back as best he could, shouting as the destructive blast's shockwave sent him bouncing across the floor like a rubber ball, his jacket sliding across the rocky floors of the cave.

"Oof!" He wheezed, feeling his breath abandon him almost entirely. Rolling onto his side, the youth pushed himself to his feet before palming a net ball. "Damn it... Our whole mission's to fight off the Sea Troops! Didn't ya read the brief?!"

Had Alexei taken the mission just cause he wanted to talk about the AQUA stuff...?

Ah, Whatever! With a swing of his arm, his Galvantula took to the field, landing and immediately taking stock of its surroundings.

"Tie it up tight!" Ordered the youth, sweeping his arm at the watery Gyarados.

In response, lightning visibly coursed through the Galvantula before it suddenly released tendrils of electrified webbing, attempting to enwrap the sea serpent and take it out in one go.
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
warped mirror [m][aqua]
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2022 19:24:48 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“Look, sometimes seeing is believing!” he shouted just as the not!Gyarados released the attack—but a quickly-timed, if somewhat hasty Tailwind brought the Braviary up to speed—and with it, all of Doug’s own Pokémon on his side of the field.

“And seeing this,” he dropped off to gesture with a hand at the fully aquatic serpentine not-quite-a-Gyarados, “…seeing this shit first-hand makes a lot more sense!”

Another loud roar shook the air, this time as the beginning of a torrential Rain Dance began—wasn’t this just giving them more ammunition?

“Are you kidding me?!” he half-shouted at the downpour—at least this he could work with, it was just a matter of pulling out the right Pokémon next in order to fend off what the—

“…why do I have a feeling we’re definitely not alone out here,” he muttered, mostly to himself—it was like his instincts were… prickling. Crackling, more like.

Because if there was one thing that he always trusted, it was his intuition about things. Certain things. Things that only a gay man like himself picked up on.

Their talk would have to wait—for now. The bigger threat was right in front of them, seemingly trying to draw more of its kind to where they were, like moths to a flame—

Who knew if there were more not!Gyarados coming?!

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,867 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
warped mirror [m][aqua]
POSTED ON Aug 26, 2022 15:45:44 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Warped Mirror

"Damn civvies!" Grumbled Doug as his Galvantula tied up the Sea!Sea-serpent tightly in its webbing and shocked it with lightning, bringing the giant monster down to the floor.

Sighing in relief, a disgruntled Doug turned a look at the strange sky as rain drops fell upon them. As Alexei said, this was little more than ammo for the others.

"Kimono." He said as he threw out a netball, releasing a Lurantis into the battlefield as he swept his arm. "Sunny Day!"

The best counter he could think of quickly, his pokemon beginning to trace elegant steps along the wet floors as she danced the rain away.

As she did this, the youth looked around, Alexei's words hanging in the air.

"We probably ain't." Doug mumbled lowly, right before several splashes filled the air. From the puddles that had formed from the prior rain, sea!pokemon began to emerge, surrounding the duo and drawing a click of the tongue out of Doug as he pulled closer to the taller man.

"Kimono! Goran! Form up!" He ordered his Lurantis and Galvantula, both moving to flank him in facing the several sea!pokemon. "Tch. I can't believe we let ourselves get surrounded... I'm never gonna 'ear the end o' this."

His soldiers would've a field day with it once they were back... But that was about it. Doug had no doubt that they would be able to force their out of this.

"Time to get serious, Ivanov. We can finish our talk once we're done 'ere." The youth said as he reached for another net ball.

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
warped mirror [m][aqua]
POSTED ON Sept 22, 2022 14:05:37 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“Oh, you’ve got to be kidding me.”

There were more—forms—rising up and out of the water beneath him. With him flying in the air, releasing something that could toast them all was—a risky idea.

“Shit. Much as I want to take them all out with a single Discharge of electricity, I’m going to get hit too—looks like we’re going to have to do this the hard way,” he grumbled, quickly releasing his Dragonite a few moments later.

While his Dragonite flew loop-de-loops in mid-air, the Braviary let out a singular screech, before summoning an avalanche of boulders and flinging it in the direction of the arriving sea!Pokémon—a Rock Slide, if that would even work.

“Drive ‘em back with Hurricane!” he shouted, and the draconid took exactly one look at the incoming ‘Pokémon’ before letting out a surprised noise, and then flapping her wings as hard as possible before sending a column of air after the avalanche of boulders.

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,867 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
warped mirror [m][aqua]
POSTED ON Oct 4, 2022 17:26:16 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Warped Mirror

Lots of fighting happened, but the writer doesn't really care for detailing how he took care of faceless NPCs, so just assume Alexei and Doug whooped mondo ass all over the place.

"There's gotta be a point to these attacks... can't seem to figure it out, though." Doug said, looking over the unconscious bodies of the sea folk with a thoughtful frown. "These numbers ain't enough to keep us harried— not strong enough either; not by a long shot."

Where they unable to mobilize any more of their numbers? Now that he thought about it, during their first contact, there had been a lot less Sea!folk present than Normal!Hoenn; their numbers only equalized once they had been taken to Sea!Hoenn...

But that still didn't explain the constant attacks. This wasn't enough to even keep them busy. As a method of draining strength from the enemy, it was lacking. As a method of distraction, it was useless.

What was the strategy, here...? Or was Queen just a berserker willing to throw lives away...? Maybe, but he couldn't shake his worries. Should he bring it up to ...?

No. If he couldn't even name the problem, then doing so would be little more than wasting the woman's time.

"Tch! I should read the Art of War again..." He grumbled to himself, before turning back to Alexei. "Where were we before?"

Oh yeah; rounding up the gym leaders... something something not a great leader...

He rolled his eyes.

"Don't worry 'bout being motivational or whatever. If you speak sense, they'll listen, no matter how much you stutter."

Jeez, he hoped.

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
warped mirror [m][aqua]
POSTED ON Oct 27, 2022 15:18:38 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“I can only hope, too…” he replied with a grumble once the attacking sea!Pokémon had been driven back.

It was… strange, really… why were there just Pokémon attacking? Were the rumors of seeing alternate versions of oneself not true, then?

“I’m going to try, but I can’t guarantee if she’s going to listen. Either way… don’t you find it odd at all?” he mused, recalling the Dragonite so that she could rest.

“That nobody came out to meet us? Just… just their Pokémon?”

Also noticeable, a lot of them were Water-types, on the main. No Flying-types at all… did that mean he didn’t exist in this strange alternate reality, then?

(Or were they not important enough to merit a ‘human’ encounter? That was just him thinking, of course.)

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,867 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
warped mirror [m][aqua]
POSTED ON Oct 30, 2022 23:26:54 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Warped Mirror

"Extremely so." Doug said with a frown as he overlooked the battlefield, gripping the brim of his cap tightly. "But I can't figure out what they're tryin' to do. No use stickin' 'round any longer."

He turned on his heel, cape flapping behind him as he began to saunter back the way they came.

"You don't need to talk to directly." Doug said, going back to Alexei's earlier words. "The rest of the gym leaders have their voice. Gather them all together—" Well, sans . "— and your combined voice should grant'cha at least some attention, some gravitas."

Such was the power of unionization.

"We can't change the course of the meteor by protestin' it really hard, but we can at least make sure all avenues have been explored 'fore we throw that giant rock bomb at another world."

Hopefully, exploring all avenues would lead to their way out...

Mission ACCOMPLISHED.
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,782 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
warped mirror [m][aqua]
POSTED ON Oct 31, 2022 6:35:42 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS:
(REPEAT)