part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
Interviewing a Ranger [Social]
POSTED ON Aug 7, 2022 14:14:45 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“Wait, you know of it? Of—of the mist?”

That was news.

The fork twirling came to an abrupt stop as he blinked, and absorbed the new pieces of information that she was disclosing. Okay, so that mist was… dangerous. Plain and simple.

“Do you recall anything about that research including the mist turning black and warping dreams into living nightmares?” he continued quietly. He was on edge, because, well…

If the mist could do that, then this did not bode well at all.

“That’s what was said, supposedly. They… they tend to stick to dark places. Don’t know why, but roughly, yes. That’s… that’s what happened.”

And then another bombshell of a revelation.

“Wait—wait, hold up, the strange lady… you think she could be part of them? Did… I don’t know if you can tell a person’s intent just by looking at them, but… did she have like, a murderous intent hanging around her? Or something?”

Well that made the conversation make a 180 because if what Andrea said was true, then—

Well, shit wasn’t even the beginning of the realizations that he was coming to.

close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
I wanna become a Pokémon!
awards
1,675 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON Aug 11, 2022 13:21:28 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
Lars zeroed in on the dreamlike mist and wanted to know more about it, but one glance at the young PokéManiac's pensive face was enough to indicate that she was far from an expert on the subject. "That's all I know. Sorry..."

Meatloaf the great Salamence growled the more Laurence spoke of that mysterious group of assassins, getting bad vibes from their very description. Even Andrea could tell that people with such power as to toy with space at will were bad news. "That's awful! Why would they do that? There has to be a reason." The dragon-costumed woman remarked.

Then, the mature-aged lady from the Tiered Tea Room once again became a subject of discussion. The head ranger wasn't interested in the lady's beauty or her tremendous assets, but rather he wanted to know what he intent was as far as Andrea could gleam. "Well, she didn't try to kill us, if that's what you're asking." The bespectacled girl replied. "She was actually very nice to us, but she did give us a pretty scary warning. She said that seeking pacts with powers unknown ends in regret and darkness... What could she mean by that?"

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
is gonna be the loneliest
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,795 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Aug 15, 2022 11:20:09 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“I wish I knew,” was his answer to her question about the assassins he’d described in ‘detail’ (well, as much detail as he could).

“All that I’m aware of is that they managed to get , and that’s it.”

Which… weighed down on him considerably, but still—he had to watch out for his own back now, because apparently they were appearing more often. What was emboldening them to do so?

“What exactly did she tell you?” he continued quietly.

“Can you remember it, word for word?”

If what his thoughts were thinking what he was thinking, he hoped he was wrong.

But sometimes, his salty instinct won over caution…

close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,675 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON Aug 17, 2022 9:55:58 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
"Lemme get into character first... Ahem! My my..." Andrea cleared her throat and did her best impression of an attractive woman at the prime of her age. Try to picture Andrea, only 20-25 years older. "I offer one warning to all of Hoenn... Halt your ambitions. Stop seeking pacts with powers unknown. It only ends in regret and darkness." She repeated the lady's ominous warning word for word.

"That's all she said. Although... There was also this weird symbol that flashed right before she disappeared." The dragon-costumed girl continued, grabbing another spare napkin as well as her trusty black marker. Her second doodle wasn't nearly as artistic as the first, but one didn't have to be an artist to draw a bunch of hexagons.

logo.png"Is this helping you in any way? I have no idea what that symbol means." The girl said, while nervously biting the back of her marker. No matter how many questions they had, the answers always seemed to breed even more questions. Theirs was a never-ending scavenger hunt for clues. But perhaps Lars might know more about that symbol, or have ties with people who had seen it before.

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,795 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Aug 19, 2022 12:55:27 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

Lars blinked as she got into her characterization, even going so far as to change the pitch of her voice, but the warning rang out loud and clear—

The entire region was too far deep into that now, wasn’t it?

(Well, he was at least part of those that…)

The next thing she showed him, though, made his eyes pop out in alarm. Holy fucking—

His mind flashed back to a certain group chat from way before—he then pondered on the timing between this mark appearing, and the warning, and the assassins—

“Shit. Oh, fuck,” were the next words that fell out of his mouth. He blinked in shock at the symbol, before belatedly realizing that he’d literally cuss-bombed in front of a young lady, where the fuck were his manners?!

“O-oh. Sh… sorry…” he muttered as he scratched the back of his head.

He then composed himself (heh) before taking a deep breath.

“If this symbol appeared along with that warning… that very particular warning,” he added as he reached for a napkin of his own and began scrawling the warning down; first in Italian Alto Marean and then in Common for everyone else’s benefit—there was something heavy weighing down in the back of his mind.

“This… this symbol means something. At least, to someone of my standing,” he continued quietly.

close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,675 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON Aug 19, 2022 13:39:31 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
Wait, Lars actually knew about the strange symbol? What a twist! A very intrigued Andrea leaned over the table and keenly watched as the potty-mouthed ranger scribbled some notes on a napkin of his own. Her Salamence and Alolan Exeggutor mimicked their trainer's exact pose, casting gargantuan shadows over the table. All eyes, human and Pokémon alike, were glued on him. No pressure, though!

But the girl was getting anxious and couldn't wait for him to finish his sketch. "So? What does it mean? And who's that someone of your standing?" The young woman asked. Funnily enough it was now Lars that was communicating in riddles.

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,795 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Oct 5, 2022 5:13:36 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

He pointed at the symbol once more with his pen.

“This symbol is tied to those strange… those people that come out of the shadows. Remember what I told you about the assassins who come from the shadows? This is like their calling card.”

Lars let the words settle down between them before reaching for another bite of fries before he continued.

“And then there’s the fact that they’re going after… avatars. Which is why Moltres is, at the moment, missing. Moltres and their avatar… what I mean by avatar… is like.”

How was he going to explain this?!

“An avatar is someone who is blessed by a legendary Pokémon. To be their champion. To represent them. There’s… there’s something coming, I can tell.”

He shivered.

“Something, I don’t exactly know what—but whatever that something is, and going off by the old lady’s warning? Well… that’s going to be a problem.”

close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,675 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON Nov 4, 2022 9:27:53 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
A strange symbol serving as the calling card of a shadowy syndicate. An ominous omen of obliteration. It was entirely too much to process in the middle of a casual dinner date. What terrible fate would befall their idyllic tropical region?

"We'd better be careful, huh?" Andrea pensively said, while calling Lola back into her tiny Pokéball. With its gigantic palm tree of a head no longer blotting out the sun, the small restaurant was illuminated by a ray of hope. Whether that would be enough to guide them through dark times remained to be seen.

"Thank you for the meal, Mr. Lars. Let's hope that when we meet again, that lady's prediction won't come true." The young cosplayer said, ever the optimist. She sincerely hoped that the world wouldn't end anytime soon, though. Ro and Chomper still needed to have their rematch, after all.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,933 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Dec 9, 2022 4:38:47 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: