She/Her
February 13
Goldenrod City
Bisexual
Cop
Cadet
0 height
0 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
67 posts
Soleil Frye DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sole
Soleil Frye
don't bug out (m)
POSTED ON Jun 13, 2022 16:32:11 GMT
Soleil Frye Avatar
Bug infestation wreaking havoc in nearby berry farm. A typical mission for a nearby Ranger base to receive, but as most were occupied by a raging fire that broke out in a nearby forest, it was left up to Soleil to fix. 
Normally, she'd be annoyed with being given another task unrelated to her post back at Lilycove. She was a cop, not a damn servant. But, unlike those ghastly trips to Slateport, this mission was one she was a little excited to accomplish.

Berry farms were always huge comforts for the woman. There was nothing in this world that could quite beat the giddiness of adolescence that came from running around your local berry farm during the peak of their oran berry season.

When Soleil initially approached the farm, she noticed what looked to be an old woman already talking to another person. Was she a neighbor? A local ranger?

"Hello ma'am," She called out, her voice giving off a natural raspy sound, "Lilycove PD. We got a call about a bug infestation?"

close tab

played by

crow

will
she/her
twenty-nine
november 12
rustboro
heterosexual
horticulturist
civilian
we sewed all the holes we had to breathe
awards
639 posts
part of
TAG WITH @willow
willow atkins
don't bug out (m)
POSTED ON Jun 14, 2022 1:20:37 GMT
willow atkins Avatar
decay brings new growth, but it can also attract quite a few pests. willow had spared what time she could to help grace rebuild her farm after their incident. when soleil walks up, it's partly what willow's talking about right then. except the tone of her voice is tired and frustrated. 

"sweetheart, i know you have a lot on your plate right now. i'm fine letting someone else handle it."

willow turns as one of lilycove's finest introduces herself. she sighs, smiles, and offers a hand. 

"sorry to have you come all this way, but larvesta are known for having temperaments when their nests get disturbed. and, well, we'd rather avoid grace losing her house if we can."

grace looks from willow to soleil and smiles sweetly, folding weathered hands onto hers. "this here's willow. a family friend. now, i'll get some lemonade and let you do your job, officer...?" she says, looking for a name.
close tab

played by

Captain

Sol
She/Her
February 13
Goldenrod City
Bisexual
Cop
Cadet
0 height
0 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
67 posts
Soleil Frye DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sole
Soleil Frye
don't bug out (m)
POSTED ON Jun 21, 2022 0:41:49 GMT
Soleil Frye Avatar
"Frye."

The name stung more than the memories it held, but when it came to work, there was no avoiding it. It was just one of many ghouls she was forced to bear on a daily basis.

Hard eyes glanced back over to the family friend. She looked kind-- kinder than herself, but that was no grand accomplishment worth praising. Reaching out, the officer gave Willow a firm handshake, then retracted her hand back to her side, allowing it to comfortably rest on her hip.

"Pleasure to meet you both. Mind directing me to the infestation?"

close tab

played by

crow

will
she/her
twenty-nine
november 12
rustboro
heterosexual
horticulturist
civilian
we sewed all the holes we had to breathe
awards
639 posts
part of
TAG WITH @willow
willow atkins
don't bug out (m)
POSTED ON Jun 21, 2022 2:02:50 GMT
willow atkins Avatar

with introductions made and grace satisfied, the elderly woman hobbles back up the steps of her front porch. she hasn't needed a cane until quite recently. a bad fall on her hip after a swarm of combee and vespiquen left her in quite a state - though willow knows the current state of her farm is more pressing than her own health. 

which is why it's so important that things get repaired as quickly as possible. 

"yeah, it's this way," she says. around the side of the house lay the culprits. willow crouches next to the porch; some splintered wood, singed at the edges, is in the shape of a narrow hole going underneath the foundation of the house. 

willow reaches an experimental hand forward and angry chittering resounds from inside. she withdraws and looks at soleil. 

"i thought maybe of flushing them out, but i'd feel terrible if they end up getting hurt." they don't mean to be a bother.