rock bottom [c]

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
rock bottom [c]
POSTED ON Jun 21, 2022 2:30:48 GMT
Deleted Avatar
he's good at wallowing. fantastic, even. was given the keys to his family home and a few words of useless advice. some utterance that he should be grateful his father was such a meticulous man, making sure his will was prepped. lots of families in disarray these days. won't come to terms with the new way of the world, the danger that lurks around every corner. 

he found his mom's stash of wine behind all of her saltine crackers in the cupboard. and he's popping his second bottle, watching reruns of some shitty sitcom he's never liked (friends?) when the doorbell rings. 

his brows furrow and he harumphs angrily. he's got enough well-meaning people giving him lasagnas and he's sick of hearing their condolences. when's the funeral? oh, you poor dear. let me know if i can do anything to help.

his aunt took care of the service. come and gone and the rent's coming up on his apartment. he still doesn't have a job, but he's got life insurance to keep him afloat. so he could go home. 

but he stays here, in their house, and ding

"fucking hell." he totters up, sloshing some of the bottle, and trips down the hallway. he wrenches open the door, ready to tell marie, your mom's bridge buddy! we saw each other all the time. (except no, you didn't, marie, because mom couldn't fucking stand you and the way you never stop talking about your purebred stoutland.)

but marie and her oafish dog aren't waiting on the other side. 

it's a face he recognizes. shame dashes through him and he straightens, narrows his eyes. "whaddyou want?"
close tab

played by

greyson

gabe
he / him
forty-five
december fourth
slateport city
heterosexual
ceo
councilman
191 height
191 height
awards
717 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gabe
GABRIEL BLACK
rock bottom [c]
POSTED ON Jun 21, 2022 20:34:36 GMT
GABRIEL BLACK Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gabe"]
when the door swings open, what greets him is far from what he expects. gabriel peers down from just beneath the frame of the door, eyes tight and jaw steeled.
[break][break]
even with a missing limb, he paints an imposing figure.
[break][break]
silently his gaze falls to the liquor, then back up to meet the other man's eyes. when he speaks it's low and steady, though a growl seems to linger at the edge.
[break][break]
"are you not going to invite me in?"

[attr="class","notes"]@fenris[break]

[attr="class","wizzcredit"]

[newclass=".gabe"] --accent:#b75d5d; [/newclass]

[newclass=".gabe"]margin:0 auto;width:470px;line-height:15px;margin-top:-20px;margin-bottom:50px; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px;letter-spacing:0.5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gabe blockquote b"] color:var(--accent); font:bold 12px 'Poppins'; } .gabe blockquote i { color:var(--accent); } .gabe blockquote u { letter-spacing:1px; text-decoration:none; border-bottom:1px dotted; [/newclass]
[newclass=".gabe .wizzcredit"]float:right;margin-top:25px;margin-right:-40px;height:12px;width:12px;border-radius:5px;font-size:8px;line-height:12px;padding:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gabe .notes"] margin:25px 30px -15px 30px; text-align:center; padding-top:10px; border-top:1px solid #222; font:11px 'Poppins'; text-transform:uppercase; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
rock bottom [c]
POSTED ON Jun 24, 2022 0:32:38 GMT
Deleted Avatar
"what, you a vampire or some shit?" he says dryly, wobbling a little on his feet. he stands away from the entryway nonetheless and grandiosely invites the man inside. compensating, really, for how damn foolish he looks and feels. 

when the broad man steps in, he closes the door behind him and subtly puts the bottle of wine on their farmhouse entryway table. his entryway table. it's not theirs anymore. just his. just him. 

"no lasagna?" he jokes, to no one but himself. 
close tab

played by

greyson

gabe
he / him
forty-five
december fourth
slateport city
heterosexual
ceo
councilman
191 height
191 height
awards
717 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gabe
GABRIEL BLACK
rock bottom [c]
POSTED ON Jul 3, 2022 23:25:45 GMT
GABRIEL BLACK Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gabe"]
whatever wit fenris thinks he has, it earns little recognition from the councilman. instead, gabriel walks in with out so much as a second glace at the younger man, his attention slowly doing an orbit around the room.
[break][break]
"this place looks like shit."
[break][break]
he turns to face fenris now, gaze flat, and instrusive.
[break][break]
"you look like shit."

[newclass=".gabe"]margin:0 auto;width:470px;line-height:15px;margin-top:-20px;margin-bottom:50px; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px;letter-spacing:0.5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gabe blockquote b"] color:var(--accent); font:bold 12px 'Poppins'; } .gabe blockquote i { color:var(--accent); } .gabe blockquote u { letter-spacing:1px; text-decoration:none; border-bottom:1px dotted; [/newclass]
[newclass=".gabe .wizzcredit"]float:right;margin-top:25px;margin-right:-40px;height:12px;width:12px;border-radius:5px;font-size:8px;line-height:12px;padding:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gabe .notes"] margin:25px 30px -15px 30px; text-align:center; padding-top:10px; border-top:1px solid #222; font:11px 'Poppins'; text-transform:uppercase; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
rock bottom [c]
POSTED ON Jul 4, 2022 2:58:28 GMT
Deleted Avatar
um, ouch? marie may be real fucking annoying, but at least she's actually sensitive enough to mourn their shared loss. gabriel was a family friend. is a family friend. and since he didn't bring lasagna, he could have at least brought some sensitivity. 

"i'm mourning, asshole," he bites. he stalks back into the entryway room because fuck it and grabs the bottle of booze. he kicks a couple cans out of his way on the way to the couch just to make a scene and then stretches across it. 

"and you look like you're missing an arm." a lame, two whole minutes behind the curb on a witty remark to gabriel's rude ass, but he still smirks proudly as he raises the bottle to his lips. 
close tab

played by

greyson

gabe
he / him
forty-five
december fourth
slateport city
heterosexual
ceo
councilman
191 height
191 height
awards
717 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gabe
GABRIEL BLACK
rock bottom [c]
POSTED ON Jul 13, 2022 15:32:53 GMT
GABRIEL BLACK Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gabe"]
"mourning?" he raises an eyebrow incredulously, turning his head to regard the room and ferris equally. "you're looking for an excuse to fall further into this pit you've dug yourself. the unfortunate passing of your parents is just a catalyst for you to use."
[Break][break]
harsh, blunt, and to the point - was gabriel ever anything but? he walks calmly over to a portrait of fernris and his parents, picking it up to inspect it.
[Break][break]
"this is not what your parents would've wanted from you."

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
rock bottom [c]
POSTED ON Jul 14, 2022 1:01:10 GMT
Deleted Avatar
a low blow, but gabriel's not wrong. what better way to stick it to them and stick it to himself than to just wallow? still, he throws a hateful glare at gabe's back as he takes a swig from the bottle. some of the wine dribbles from the corner of his mouth and onto his shirt. 

"ha! fuckin' hell, even in death, they still manage to be disappointed in me, eh?" 

he waves the bottle, grabs a plastic cup from the table, and sloppily pours a drink for gabe. 

"i didn't dig shit, by the way. i've always been a lazy good-for-nothing." his voice deepens, tone takes on something a bit more fatherly. "never putting myself out there. wasting my potential."

he sours. "they did everything they were supposed to, yeah? cushy jobs, didn't make ripples or piss off the wrong people. and for what? they're still six fuckin' feet under."
close tab

played by

greyson

gabe
he / him
forty-five
december fourth
slateport city
heterosexual
ceo
councilman
191 height
191 height
awards
717 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gabe
GABRIEL BLACK
rock bottom [c]
POSTED ON Jul 18, 2022 3:12:12 GMT
GABRIEL BLACK Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gabe"]
"you get used to it." gabriel says simply, tossing the thought aside. gabriel lets fenris whine, bitch, and moan — a man-sized toddler spewing venom to a world that didn't care, and never would.
[break][break]
"that's life. don't like it? want to kill yourself? so be it. but this?—" this time, gabriel's gaze hardens, turning to stone as the anger seeps in. one-handed as he was, he can still easily shove the shit out of his way as he approaches. he reaches out and lifts the younger man by the collar, showing minimal restraint.
[break][break]
"—this shit ends now. you will no longer be the parasite you're so accustomed to being." gabriel pulls him closer, until mere inches separate them. "make your choice. suck start a shotgun, or for once in your miserable life, are you going to man the fuck up?"

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
rock bottom [c]
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2022 2:42:55 GMT
Deleted Avatar
it's quite the understatement to say that fenris has no idea what he'd gotten himself into by letting gabriel cross his threshold. and anyone can see it in his eyes, especially gabe, when the mountain of a man crosses his way over to him and picks him up as though he were a slip of paper. 

the bottle slips from his fingers and hits the ground, but it doesn't break. just sloshes wine on gabe's pants and then tips over, spilling out onto the floor. 

shit fuck shit fuck

fenris reaches his hands out and his facade drops, revealing the scared kid that's been hiding underneath. 

"okay. okay."
close tab

played by

greyson

gabe
he / him
forty-five
december fourth
slateport city
heterosexual
ceo
councilman
191 height
191 height
awards
717 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gabe
GABRIEL BLACK
rock bottom [c]
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2022 7:07:32 GMT
GABRIEL BLACK Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gabe"]
slowly, gabriel brings the man down and back to his feet. with his one good arm he straightens out his clothes absentmindedly, expression unchanged.
[break][break]
"good. we're finally getting somewhere." he takes a few steps back, accidently kicking the bottle of liquor. gabriel doesn't even seem to notice. "go upstairs and wash up, then pack a suitcase. you will be staying at my estate for the foreseeable future."
[break][break]
cerulean orbs stare down fenris's disoriented ones. they search for something that can't be named, and he makes no move to explain himself.
[break][break]
"the house will be paid for in the meantime, and will still be under your name." he didn't want the lad thinking he was coming to pick at the remains like a mandibuzz. "but you will not stay here. not until you get your shit together, or wind-up dead in the process."
[break][break]
"do you understood?"

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
rock bottom [c]
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2022 21:48:39 GMT
Deleted Avatar
and just like that, gabriel black manages to do something no one has ever done before - prompt fenris to get his shit together. even if it only lasts the day, nay, the hour, he'd have accomplished something neither his friends nor his parents could have. 

he's still shellshocked by the time gabriel releases him and he stands, frozen, until he automatically responds to the man's orders. with a quick look behind him, he scampers up the stairs and into his room. 

there's nothing much of consequence. he throws shit into a suitcase and then tosses some toiletries in a bag. and it's only a few minutes later until he comes down. 

his gaze drops to the spilled wine. "er, sorry about that."
close tab

played by

greyson

gabe
he / him
forty-five
december fourth
slateport city
heterosexual
ceo
councilman
191 height
191 height
awards
717 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gabe
GABRIEL BLACK
rock bottom [c]
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2022 19:36:28 GMT
GABRIEL BLACK Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gabe"]
gabriel waits patiently, and when fenris descends the stairs, nearly so fast as to break his neck trying, the councilman is looking out the window.
[break][break]
"the first lesson i will impart on you," he says, not even bothering to turn around, "own your mistakes, fix them, make sure never to repeat them — but never apologize."
[break][break]
as he finishes, gabriel spins, expression hard as he looks at the younger man. his attention trails to the bag in his hand, then back up to meet his eyes.
[break][break]
"do you require anything else? you will not return here for some time."

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
rock bottom [c]
POSTED ON Aug 5, 2022 1:28:01 GMT
Deleted Avatar
liquid courage, they call it. and even though gabe scares the ever-loving shit out of him, he can't help but get annoyed when he starts talking about lessons. talking down to him like some whimpering child. 

but he has enough sense not to snap something witty, just glower at the asshole who's saving his sorry ass. 

"what, you gonna lock me out of my own house?" okay, maybe he's not that smart. 
close tab

played by

greyson

gabe
he / him
forty-five
december fourth
slateport city
heterosexual
ceo
councilman
191 height
191 height
awards
717 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gabe
GABRIEL BLACK
rock bottom [c]
POSTED ON Aug 6, 2022 18:11:57 GMT
GABRIEL BLACK Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gabe"]
perhaps the time given to him as simmered the irritation in gabriel's chest, or perhaps it's something else entirely. whatever the reason, it's the saving grace for young fenris's non-rolling head.
[break][break]
"that's exactly what i'll do," gabriel says in a low, even voice. it treaded on the borders of a growl, but only just barely.
[break][break]
"do you have an issue with that?"

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
rock bottom [c]
POSTED ON Aug 28, 2022 16:08:48 GMT
Deleted Avatar
his minute courage subsides as quickly as it had overtaken him and he shrinks under gabriel's unflinching stare. it's not the man's size that intimidates fenris (though that certainly doesn't help) - the sheer weight of his presence is enough to scare him shitless. 

"uh, nope. absolutely not. do whatever you want. fuck, sell it if you want. it's yours." he snatches his bag and shoulders it, lower lip pushed in an almost-pout. "can we get on then?"