Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,315 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Coordinator in the Making! (open)
POSTED ON Jul 8, 2022 1:46:00 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullhover"]

[attr="class","skullimg"]

[attr="class","skulltitle"]導通抵抗
[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]Damn. His poker face and his concern as a (former?) big brother had gone to war, and clearly his concern had won out. There was just enough of a hole in his poker face at the idea of a kid like this ending up in an organization like Rocket. Still, no chance in hell he'd ever admit it. It wasn't worth putting that idea in anyone's head. Not anyone younger than him, for certain.[break][break]

His expression calmed, if only to avoid leading this conversation down a bad path. Digging about Rocket never went well for anyone. "Nah, just. Did a stint on a ship once," Isaac said. The good thing about 4 years of listless wandering was that there were so many odd jobs and one-off tasks that Isaac had dipped his toes into. He didn't need to lie; he could just get away with shifting the framework of the truth. "Little ship out of Dewford. They were short a waiter, so I filled in for a cruise. Turns out? I don't have great sea legs in the best of times. Trying to have them while also balancing people's food is a recipe for disaster. I hear working on a ship and it's all I can think of now. So much clattering . . ."[break][break]

Sad thing was, Isaac wasn't even lying here. Whenever the Rocket Sub went mobile, Isaac's stomach went for a tumble with it.[break][break]

"This your first job?" Isaac asked. "Or are you still feeling it all out?"[break][break]

Everything Bones said made sense. Duster tended to be a rather spartan, focused minded Pokemon, and that could be equal parts blessing and curse. When he understood a technique, he was able to master it swiftly and precisely. However, when he didn't? It could be really hard for him to rearrange the boxes in his headspace in a way to make room for it. Maybe if he started to go with the flow more, and take things more naturally, it'd be easier for him to both pick up new techniques and let the old ones fully sink into muscle memory.[break][break]

Still. Relaxing? Having fun? Duster glanced over to his Totodile companion, who had grown bored of overhearing conversations and was now seeing how long he could hold his breath for. Having aimless fun with nothing in particular sounded way more like Watson's thing than his.

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]396 WORDS /

[attr="class","skullcredits"]TAIKO!

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody b]color:#d9b800;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Jun

Blaze, Ash
He/Him
July 15
Hau'oli City
Experimenting, but boys.
Petty Thief/odd jobs kid
Civilian of dubious means
If you want to be strong, learn to fight alone!
awards
245 posts
Asher Baran DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @pokejun3
Asher Baran
POSTED ON Jul 13, 2022 1:13:41 GMT
Asher Baran Avatar
Asher started to laugh at Isaac. "Turns out my sea legs are pretty decent. This isnt my first job on a ship, so that helped me in getting it. Nah, water is only good for safety and survival reasons and drooling over hot people swimming in it. I have two part time jobs, but one of them is in Slateport, a bakery. The other is still in the off season, but I do work at a hot spring in Lavaridge town. Got teleported here by , who also inspired me to try out for Pokemon Contests. I wanted to see one live, and the next one was just a couple days ago here. I just hope the next one isn't so far away that I'm practicing for nothing."

Bones looked at the Totodile as well. And huffed. No, not like that. Catch, dodgeball, tag, hide and seek...those types of games that are both fun and can still keep you in tip top shape or help refine movements. Of course, most of them requires playmates. Luckily for him, Asher was an active kid, and it showed when he had to defend himself, talking on kids older and far larger than he was and still coming out on top. Hurt and exhausted, but still with a win.

For Asher's part, he still appreciated the advice. Certainly something to work on later. "If you're ever in Slateport, I usually chill in the Lower District. You don't see too many Alolan Pokemon around, so I'm sure someone could maybe point you in the right direction since I always have Bones out. Thanks for the advice, by the way...wasn't useless like I thought...maybe someone had it right when they said you usually have a good eye." He gave the older man a playful punch to the arm. But he didn't really have anything else in mind at the moment.

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,315 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Jul 13, 2022 3:35:22 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullhover"]

[attr="class","skullimg"]

[attr="class","skulltitle"]導通抵抗
[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]A hot spring in Lavaridge. Huh. Briefly, Isaac wondered if he'd bumped into the kid way back in the beforetime. Then again, he hadn't set foot in Lavaridge in over six years, so who knows how much had changed in all this time? Still, Isaac could get it. Job after job leading him away from his home, bringing him to the start of a brand new journey. It was just that Asher had chosen Rocket over crime. Good on him.[break][break]

"Sheesh, at this rate you're gonna rack up as many odd jobs as I've had," Isaac joked. "Can't say it's the most stable life, but. There's something kinda thrilling about taking on each day seeing what comes next. And hey, if the whole contest thing pans out, you're probably not gonna have to keep juggling both of them for long."[break][break]

Active play. Training simulations with an added dose of fun. Okay, yeah! Duster could wrap his head around that! He smiled a little beneath his bony helmet, pounding a fist into his hand in acknowledgment and celebration. He did shoot a slight look of concern at hearing the kid kept ending up in fights above his weight class, but hearing that it ended up turning out okay for him helped. Still, it seemed their time was coming to an end. He nodded one last time to his bone-sensei, before waving and wishing him a fond farewell.[break][break]

"I'm usually pretty much wandering the region at any given moment, so chances are I'll be able to drop in at some point," Isaac said. After all, between Rocket duties and the few odd jobs he still picked up every now and then, he was pretty much a globetrotter by Hoenn standards. "I'll keep an ear on the concert circuit. After all, next time one of those starts up, I'm sure you're gonna be right there on the list." Slateport was one of Hoenn's biggest cities. If another concert started up, it'd have to be there, right? And if not, well, Isaac wouldn't be surprised if this scrappy kid found his way over to it.[break][break]

For now, though, he simply smiled at the mention of his good eye. "Heh. They knew me really well, too. Glad their opinion still holds up, even after all these years," Isaac admitted. It really had been ages since he'd spoken to Elliot, huh? For all the frustration he felt at his blatant golden child status . . . hell, the reminiscing made him miss the old days. Maybe it was best for him to bounce now, anyway, before he got too caught up in the old days.[break][break]

He headed to the edge of the waves, turning over his shoulder and smiling. "Best of luck when the big day rolls around! I know you'll knock 'em dead," Isaac said, before recalling Duster and jumping into the water. Watson was quick to follow, giving an excited wave to Asher and co. on the way down.

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]495 WORDS /

[attr="class","skullcredits"]TAIKO!

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody b]color:#d9b800;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights