part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
send help [s][c]
POSTED ON Jun 26, 2022 17:46:53 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

Oh, holy fucking—

There was like, only one person he knew who had a good handle on—on—

Just the mere thought of them made him want to pass the fuck out (see: what happened when he saw a Banette up close and personal the first time he was with a certain person he was in more than deep like with).

However, there was nothing else to it, he had to bite the fucking bullet and face this head-on…

A message, hurriedly sent to the other:

‘H-h-h-h-h-h-h-h-help!’

That was all it said.

And the culprit?

A Duskull, staring at him, dead-ass; singular red eye just giving him the same stare that his Xatu, Set, could do.

(Only in the Xatu’s case he could tolerate that because it was a part of their thing, but this? THIS? Yeah.)

He seriously needed to do something, because he couldn’t keep on calling Memo’s ass out from Slateport every single damned time… he clearly had to do something to bring the other closer to where he lived!

close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
it gets lonely in this gangster's paradise
awards
1,175 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
send help [s][c]
POSTED ON Jun 26, 2022 19:49:53 GMT
Guillermo Marceliño Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

At least it wasn’t satan’s asscrack o’clock in the morning, this time.

Guillermo had gotten a handle-- a small one, but still, a handle-- on what degree of hurried he needed to be when it came to Alex’s panicked texts. It was still a rapid rush, but the absence of terrifying, half-understandable phone messages meant his heart didn’t race quite as hard.

The harrowing story of Alexei surviving his brutal attack had really put the fear of-- of something, in him, because he got anxious every time he had to be away from him, now. Fortree was just a quick Togekiss ride away. Still, as he was locking up his place, he was desperately thinking of that Fortree Ranger position. That was what he was working towards. That’s what all the overtime, all the cultists, all the angry Snorlaxes, bees and Absols, was for.

He could, maybe, possibly, just ask Alex to put in a word with HQ, but that seemed a bit forward for the time being. Alex still thought of Guillermo as a good friend, and he didn’t want to come across as positively stalkerish. Also, asking for help made him break out in hives.

He hopped off Puck and pushed in the door to Alex’s flat (open this time, thankfully) as the Togekiss transformed into light and beamed back into his Pokeball. He strode in with all the force of someone about to put the beat down on whomever-- or whatever-- was causing Alex such stress.

Seeing the Duskull, he knew, at once, what the problem was; he bit back a sigh of relief as the panic began to slip way, replaced with a slight tremble in his limbs as he toed his shoes off and walked across the living room carpet to put himself stoically between Alex and the leering Duskull.

Which was laughable, because Memo was at least six inches shorter than Alex, but hey, it was the thought that counted.

“Shoo,” he said, crossing his arms and giving the floating skull his best reproachful glare, “go on, get. Don’t make me exorcize you.”

[newclass=.samcam] [/newclass][newclass=.samcam b] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam i] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font: 800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
send help [s][c]
POSTED ON Jun 28, 2022 15:28:00 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

Alex himself was caught in the middle of another actual croak-screaming noise, because…

Why, oh why, did it always have to be him confronted with the G?!

The Duskull continued to float in mid-air, paying the shorter one absolutely no attention as the singular red eye continued to stare the fuck out of the other man in the room.

Like it was implying, ‘you know why I’m here’ with its singular orb that burned with the souls of the dead reflected in—

“I-I-I-I-I… I don’t think you c-c-c-c-can get rid of… it,” he began at last, voice coming out a literal squeak because his throat had gotten so wound up.

Why was it staring at him like he’d done something wrong?!

(Well, technically, he had but that’s what Memo was here for… to help. Maybe, possible. Hopefully.)

close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
awards
1,175 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
send help [s][c]
POSTED ON Jun 28, 2022 20:11:42 GMT
[attr="class","samcam"]

So his whole macho-bravado entrance didn’t have any effect on the floating skull. Maybe he wasn’t channeling enough of his rosary-strangled grandmother’s anti-demon energies. Or maybe there was something else going on.

He heaved a sigh, wanting to say it’s just a ghost and magically make everything go away but, well, phobias didn’t work like that, did they?

“For a spirit that usually only frightens naughty children, it sure seems attracted to you,” he said, turning to look at Alex, brows knitting slightly in concern. “So, have you been naughty?” he asked, unable to keep a smile from quirking up at the corner of his mouth.

The Duskull continued to stare doggedly at its intended target-- and despite the slight chill in the air and the unintended side-effect of Alex’s pathological fear, it didn’t seem to be doing much harm, and if it tried anything, he was here to stop it.

[newclass=.samcam] [/newclass][newclass=.samcam b] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam i] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font: 800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
send help [s][c]
POSTED ON Jun 29, 2022 17:35:17 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

He wanted to screech, ‘That’s not the point!’ but the way Memo had phrased the question made his terrified expression suddenly morph into an extremely embarrassed one—

“Wh-wh-wh-what?!” was all he managed to croak out, because the way the question caught him off-guard was so—so—

He couldn’t put it into words, really! And that was saying something altogether, considering the specter was still there, floating, dead-ass, burning red eye literally staring holes into Alexei himself.

Like, ‘don’t give me any of your BS, you little shit’ kind of stare.

“N-n-n-n-no, why… why would’ve I been naughty?!” he squealed a few moments later, now caught in between a cycle of permanently embarrassed and terrified.

His face was… well, let’s just say he was going off like a busted traffic light, the way the red blush on his face kept on coming and going in waves.

close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
awards
1,175 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
send help [s][c]
POSTED ON Jul 3, 2022 17:37:32 GMT
[attr="class","samcam"]

He can’t help himself, making Alex blush is positively addicting. It’s adorable, the way it starts at his ears and trails over his cheeks and down his neck and Memo really wants to see how far it goes but he straightens the hell out of that thought with a forced long blink.

“I mean,” he said, forcing his tone to come out level and even and not at all like a high-pitched giggle like it was threatening to, “do you have any reason to be haunted?” It was sort of a bold ask. Like, literally, what are the skeletons in your closet? Just go ahead, throw them out here.

Part of him was really, really scared. His Alex, a murderer? No. He’d spontaneously combust, on the spot.

“How’d it even end up here, anyhow?” he asked, more to distract himself from that particular tangent.

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
send help [s][c]
POSTED ON Jul 3, 2022 18:10:43 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

At the question asking if he had any reason to be haunted, well…

That was a long story. One, he hoped, to save for another day; but alas—they were already here. How was he even going to fucking start with all of this, anyway?!

Just then the other question saved him from having to start telling the other a brief overview of the horrors he’d seen in the past few years.

Truly, what was happening around the region for shit to pick up on the scale and then suddenly go off on a tangent towards eleven where shit was legit hitting the fan?!

“O-o-o-okay, you see…” he finally began at last, taking a deep breath before gathering his thoughts, “…I was at the Safari Zone one time. I was… I was looking for a Drampa. Cute, ol’ fluffy grampa dragons. They were there, but proved rather hard to find because… well…”

He trailed off—only to realize the singular red eye was still burning a hole into his conscience.

“…would you b-b-b-believe me if I told you that… that… it caught itself in a Safari Ball?!”

He was sure the other was going to laugh his ass off in his face, now.

Poor Alex.

close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
awards
1,175 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
send help [s][c]
POSTED ON Jul 4, 2022 18:16:51 GMT
[attr="class","samcam"]

Okay, so the fact that Alex hadn’t immediately jumped into a long spiel of plausible deniability was not the greatest of signs vis a vis, my boyfriend is not a murderer. Memo’s face fell, despite his best attempts at staying positive.

He reached over and took Alex’s hands in his own, needing to touch him, be grounded for this moment; and he asked a question he really should have asked before this all started (by ‘this all’, he meant, their whole relationship… thing):

“Alex,” he said, voice level and calm, “I really need you to look me in the eyes and tell me you’re not a murderer right now.”

His mouth quirked up at the corner to more-or-less sell the fact that it was a joke. But it was only kind of a joke, right? Like, he needed this assurance, ha-ha, please be a joke.

His chin tilted downward as he searched Alex’s face for-- for what, he didn’t know. A crack in the façade? The big reveal that his very cute, very terrified, very blushy boyfriend was a serial killer?

“I-- that sounds ridiculous, but okay. I believe you. It caught itself.” He left the end of the statement open, prompting further explanation.

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
send help [s][c]
POSTED ON Jul 9, 2022 21:02:43 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“What?”

That was the first word that slipped out of him.

And then—

“Memo, why the—what the hell?! Do I look like I could harm someone?!” he rambled a few moments afterward as the weight of the other’s words sank in and his brain literally turned up the sirens to eleven.

“Of-of course I’m not a murderer! Or a serial killer! Why would you even ask that?!”

The one thing that would tip the other off that he wasn’t lying was the fact that he was directly staring into the other’s eyes, dead-on. He had nothing to hide, well, mostly nothing to hide if he was being correct.

Asides from his ‘cursed blood’, of course.

(And several other things besides, but that was a story for another day.)

“The fact that I was targeted by someone and almost killed, and I couldn’t even fight back because the bastard got me good,” he dropped off to pull down the bandages again as a little reminder before roughly shoving them back up— “…I can’t even hurt a damned Cutiefly! I have no reason to hurt any Pokémon at all!”

All this, while the Duskull was still staring a hole right into Alex himself, moving ever so closer to him as he went on his tirade.

close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
awards
1,175 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
send help [s][c]
POSTED ON Jul 9, 2022 21:09:39 GMT
[attr="class","samcam"]

“Oh, thank god,” Memo sighed, sagging against Alex even as he pulled down his bandages. Memo didn’t care, he wasn’t watching, he believed him; his forehead fell against Alex’s chest as he pulled him in for a very relieved hug. Then, he snickered. “Okay, so the biggest skeleton in your closet is still that you don’t clot. God, you’re like an angel.” Sinless. Pristine.

He stepped back, disentangling himself from Alex but still holding one of his hands. He tilted his head at the Duskull with a curious look on his face. It had definitely floated closer. Memo wasn’t easily rattled, but even he was starting to get slightly unnerved by the constant glaring.

Staying firmly placed between the haunter and the haunted, he unconsciously ran his thumb over the knuckles of Alex’s hand, squeezing it in thought.

“Have you tried asking it what it wants?” he asked, puzzled. "Or-- maybe we could use a ouija board?"

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
send help [s][c]
POSTED ON Jul 9, 2022 21:23:06 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“L-l-l-l-look,” he began at last, relieved that the other didn’t push the earlier question any further, “…if all Pokémon could understand English, then I’d have asked it a long time ago.”

But clearly, that didn’t happen because here they were.

The Duskull continued to float closer towards Alexei, the red eye unblinking.

“Stop staring at me!” he wailed, hiding behind Memo—which looked absolutely hilarious because here was a 6’1” beanpole, literally taking cover behind the shortest memelord ever alive the way shorter, 5’4” gremlin that wasn’t even afraid of the G.

“W-w-w-w-w-wait… do those… do those even work?!”

close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
awards
1,175 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
send help [s][c]
POSTED ON Jul 9, 2022 22:08:15 GMT
[attr="class","samcam"]

Memo stood protectively in front of Alex as the latter cowered behind him.

“Look,” he said, tone assertive, “if you want to get any resolution to this you need to stop scaring the daylights out of him.”

Keeping one eye on the skull, he turned, and maneuvered Alex back to the couch, pushing him gently onto the seat. “Just sit and breathe,” he said, unable to stop himself from slipping some strands of soft, blonde hair behind Alex’s ear.

At Alex’s question about the ouija board, he shrugged. “Dunno. Never used one. But we have to find some way to communicate with it, right?” He turned back to the Duskull, sitting next to Alex on the couch, scooted forward to provide more of a barrier.

“Or you could be a nice ghostie and-- show us what you want?” he tried.

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
send help [s][c]
POSTED ON Jul 9, 2022 22:17:52 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

The Duskull continued to stare at the blonde, completely and totally—okay who was this stranger in front of him? Getting in his way of trying to suss out an answer from—

“Wah!” Alexei yelped as he was gently shoved onto the couch, unable to look away from the burning red that was literally scarred into his retinas now.

He was going to be scarred for fucking life because of this ghost. (No, wait, he already was, he just didn’t fully realize it yet.)

“I—I mean, you’re… you’re kinda doing the… the talking part. But how the hell are we going to find out w-w-w-w-what it wants if, again, majority of Pokémon can’t understand what the fuck we’re saying—”

And then, salvation appeared. (Or was it?)

A blur of blue came sailing out from—did he forget to secure Zelle’s Dive Ball again? Definitely.

“Z-Zelle?!” he stammered, as the Phione suddenly came whizzing out from who the fuck knew where (how the hell was she able to get out of the Dive Ball, didn’t he have that under lock and key?!) and came close to the Duskull, blue eyes staring at the singular red before she let out a singular chirping noise.

close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
awards
1,175 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
send help [s][c]
POSTED ON Jul 9, 2022 23:31:53 GMT
[attr="class","samcam"]

Memo frowned at Alex. “I think Pokemon can understand what we’re saying,” he said, completely realizing this was not the point--

“But they just don’t listen.” He turned his withering glance on the Duskull, just in time to see Zelle come leaping out of-- wherever the hell she came from. His face split into a grin and he reached down and grabbed her, plopping her onto the top of his head.

“Hi, baby girl,” he purred, latent confusion and frustration at the situation disappearing in an instant. “What’re you doing out here?”

He looked from the Phione to the Duskull, frowning again.

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
send help [s][c]
POSTED ON Jul 9, 2022 23:37:54 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“If only someone was smart enough to make some kind of a portable translator,” he grumbled before the little shit-disturber—yes, the original one before the herd of Wooloo he was herd master to all came along—suddenly let out a ‘wheeeeee’ noise before temporarily claiming the top of Memo’s head as her territory.

There was still one other spot that was prime real estate to her, but she wasn’t going to let that be known!

Staying for a few moments atop her ‘temporary perch’ (Memo’s head) she looked down at the other, waving her thumbless limbs at him in an attempt to say ‘hello’, before floating away again towards the Duskull and making the same chirping noise once more.

And then…

Right then and there…

“Oh, fuck.”

The realization hit.