thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
lower than i thought we'd go, why'd the guilt spread so slow?
awards
1,417 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
SPINELESS
POSTED ON Jul 3, 2022 3:41:35 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","deeznuts"]
[attr="class","top"]

it has been years since he's stepped back into the quaint town of twinleaf. home, as he once called it, but it hasn't been for a while now. still, there is much to love with twinleaf. much to appreciate.[break][break]

like an old friend.[break][break]

after pushing through the familiar doors of a dojo, he steps in, looking around as a wave of nostalgia hits him. his shedinja silently hovers off his back only to float across the room in greeting.[break][break]

"mimi."

[attr="class","ooc"] [break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-shedinja"]

[attr="class","milkcredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".deeznuts"]--accent:#58788f; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".deeznuts blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".deeznuts blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".deeznuts blockquote b, .deeznuts blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .deeznuts blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .deeznuts blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".deeznuts .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".deeznuts .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".deeznuts .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".deeznuts .milkcredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .deeznuts .milkcredit a { transition:0.5s all } .deeznuts .milkcredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

champ

mimi
she/her
twenty-eight
july 29
twinleaf, sinnoh
demisexual
veteran trainer
cadet
what am i
without my armor?
15 height
15 height
When your temper rises, lower your fists. When your fists rise, lower your temper.
awards
129 posts
Mimi Cheng DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @mimi
Mimi Cheng
SPINELESS
POSTED ON Jul 3, 2022 3:57:32 GMT
Mimi Cheng Avatar
her family dojo has seen many faces over the years. weathered and sprightly, lax and ambitious, familiar and new. whatever the reason to seek the ancestral training methods of the cheng, the dojo is ultimately a congregation of people with the same goal: to become stronger. it's difficult to surprise her nowadays, yet surprise is exactly what shakes her when he sees lance's familiar face.

mimi was just wrapping up a spar, shaking things up with the younger, more arrogant clientele; and it takes all of her ardously trained self-control not to slam her first in the man's face.

mimi lowers her fists.

"what are you doing here?"

she doesn't exactly look happy.

[attr="class","mimi"]
[attr="class","seelie"]
[newclass=.mimi] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; } .mimi b { color: #dea02c; font-size: 13px; } .mimi u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #dea02c; border: 0; font-size: 13px; } .mimi a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .mimi .seelie { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; text-align: center; } .mimi .seelie img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,417 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
SPINELESS
POSTED ON Jul 3, 2022 4:18:46 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

a look of sympathy and understanding is shared with the younger, more arrogant clientele, because there was once a time where it was lance in that exact same position, equally as arrogant. perhaps even more.[break][break]

"oh, i was just in the area and thought i'd stop by."[break][break]

a lie, really, as evident by the small grin on his face. he approaches, deciding there to be no harm in doing so.[break][break]

while he would've normally asked to tag in, to spar against his old friend, this time he refrains, held back by the state of things.[break][break]

"do you have a minute?"

[newclass=".deeznuts"]--accent:#58788f; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".deeznuts blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".deeznuts blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 4px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".deeznuts blockquote b, .deeznuts blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .deeznuts blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .deeznuts blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".deeznuts .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".deeznuts .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".deeznuts .milkcredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .deeznuts .milkcredit a { transition:0.5s all } .deeznuts .milkcredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

champ

mimi
she/her
twenty-eight
july 29
twinleaf, sinnoh
demisexual
veteran trainer
cadet
what am i
without my armor?
15 height
15 height
When your temper rises, lower your fists. When your fists rise, lower your temper.
awards
129 posts
Mimi Cheng DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @mimi
Mimi Cheng
SPINELESS
POSTED ON Jul 3, 2022 4:44:20 GMT
Mimi Cheng Avatar
mimi wants to erase that grin off his face. lance knows how to get on her nerves and he knows she has not forgiven him for his last brush with death. mimi, on the other hand, knows how devastated he had been with the loss of ava and their little girl. she was, too. still is. but she doesn't get to lose herself to grief when lance is even more likely to, at any given moment.

was he visiting their graves?

mimi's scowl relaxes. a little bit. "depends on who's asking," she offers, tentatively. a hand is suddenly running through her hair, letting out her frustration with a body language that doesn't yell blood.

"is it my age-old friend or the man who decided to throw away his life?"

[attr="class","mimi"]
[newclass=.mimi] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; } .mimi b { color: #dea02c; font-size: 13px; } .mimi u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #dea02c; border: 0; font-size: 13px; } .mimi a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .mimi .seelie { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; text-align: center; } .mimi .seelie img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,417 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
SPINELESS
POSTED ON Jul 5, 2022 9:55:54 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"an age-old friend."[break][break]

both figuratively and literally. he hasn't felt this weathered in a while and it's a feeling that won't improve with time. his body's suffered too much.[break][break]

lance reaches to help the young man up to his feet before nudging him off to the side and away, wanting some sort of privacy.[break][break]

"i'm alive. isn't that what matters?"

[newclass=".deeznuts blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 4px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

champ

mimi
she/her
twenty-eight
july 29
twinleaf, sinnoh
demisexual
veteran trainer
cadet
what am i
without my armor?
15 height
15 height
awards
129 posts
Mimi Cheng DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @mimi
Mimi Cheng
SPINELESS
POSTED ON Jul 5, 2022 15:08:05 GMT
Mimi Cheng Avatar
with a tilt of the head and a deep sigh, mimi motions for the rest of the kids to scatter. "it's good to see you, aave." the shedinja hovers quietly beside him, leveled to her height. she doesn't answer lance's question, though beneath her boiling anger she knows that she is glad for at least that much.

mimi's feet shift towards the double doors. "walk with me."

the outside of the dojo has its own handful of students, practicing with the training grounds' different meihua poles. mimi leads lance past them, towards the garden area she's started to make her own in the past couple of years of her on-and-off stay. a small bridge overlooks a koi pond that was once devoid of life.

"did uncle and auntie say anything?"

[attr="class","mimi"]
[attr="class","seelie"]
[newclass=.mimi] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; } .mimi b { color: #dea02c; font-size: 13px; } .mimi u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #dea02c; border: 0; font-size: 13px; } .mimi a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .mimi .seelie { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; text-align: center; } .mimi .seelie a { font: bold 15px 'Poppins';} .mimi .seelie img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,417 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
SPINELESS
POSTED ON Jul 8, 2022 14:27:37 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

and so, he follows after her, walking past the familiar training grounds before finally ending up at a small bridge. this is new. he figures she must have worked on it while she was away.[break][break]

"they berated me for not visiting at all since i left. but i think they understand why."[break][break]

he hopes mimi does, too.[break][break]

"they invited you over for dinner later."

close tab

played by

champ

mimi
she/her
twenty-eight
july 29
twinleaf, sinnoh
demisexual
veteran trainer
cadet
what am i
without my armor?
15 height
15 height
awards
129 posts
Mimi Cheng DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @mimi
Mimi Cheng
SPINELESS
POSTED ON Jul 16, 2022 3:57:04 GMT
Mimi Cheng Avatar
this is one of the times that mimi can't help but marvel at how strong lance's parents are. as he speaks, she nods. she agrees. but as angry as she still is at lance, his parents deserve none of her ire.

"i do love auntie's casserole," she concedes.

mimi lets the weight of her body fall by the pond, where she now crosses her legs. "you've been missing out." not only on the food, but on the years that have been eroding both their parents' physiques.

[attr="class","mimi"]
[attr="class","seelie"]
[newclass=.mimi] width: 364px; text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; margin: auto; } .mimi b { color: #dea02c; font-size: 13px; } .mimi u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #dea02c; border: 0; font-size: 13px; } .mimi a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .mimi .seelie { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; text-align: center; } .mimi .seelie a { font: bold 15px 'Poppins';} .mimi .seelie img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,417 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
SPINELESS
POSTED ON Jul 17, 2022 11:02:06 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

it may have been unfair of him to leverage his parents to win her back (or at least tilt things back in his favor), but it is what it is, and he feels little guilt in doing so.[break][break]

"i know. it was just...difficult to come home."[break][break]

the confident (albeit arrogant at times) demeanor he holds chips away ever so slightly as he continues.[break][break]

"i still haven't been to their graves."

close tab

played by

champ

mimi
she/her
twenty-eight
july 29
twinleaf, sinnoh
demisexual
veteran trainer
cadet
what am i
without my armor?
15 height
15 height
awards
129 posts
Mimi Cheng DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @mimi
Mimi Cheng
SPINELESS
POSTED ON Aug 8, 2022 6:19:53 GMT
Mimi Cheng Avatar
a tilt of the head, the dazed wandering of deep eyes. mimi is looking at lance's expression when his armor begins to fall apart, leaving behind the sad and lonely man that tragedy brought back to her life.

a sympathetic hand rests on his arm before she knows it.

mimi gulps down through his confession. she knows what he's going to say without needing to finish the sentence. it doesn't make his words any easier to process.

"do you want to?"

[attr="class","mimi"]
[attr="class","seelie"]
[newclass=.mimi] width: 364px; text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; margin: auto; } .mimi b { color: #dea02c; font-size: 13px; } .mimi u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #dea02c; border: 0; font-size: 13px; } .mimi a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .mimi .seelie { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; text-align: center; } .mimi .seelie a { font: bold 15px 'Poppins';} .mimi .seelie img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,417 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
SPINELESS
POSTED ON Aug 15, 2022 9:17:04 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","revivedpog"]
[attr="class","top"]

"not really."[break][break]

as blunt as he may be, at least he's honest. even when only mere miles away from them, he'd still rather not visit. but he knows he has to eventually.[break][break]

"but i won't say no if take me."

[attr="class","ooc"][break]

[newclass=".revivedpog"]--accent:#d49736; [/newclass]

[newclass=".revivedpog blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".revivedpog blockquote b, .pizzabox blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]

[newclass=".revivedpog .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".revivedpog .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".revivedpog .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]