awards
138 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aura
Brynnhildr Erling
After the Fall [social]
POSTED ON Jul 4, 2022 15:32:16 GMT
Brynnhildr Erling Avatar
Dull eyes stared in front of them. Had they ever held any spark to them it had long since vanished, extinguished by a guilt and regret the young woman would never begin to forgive herself for. The nurse treating her had taken peace with the silent staring, how meek her patient was as she treated the wound on her forehead. She knew she wouldn't resist, no matter how much it stung.

And Brynn?

Brynn just sat and let it happen. The nurse explained something about keeping the wound clean as she redressed the bandage and checked her arm, but the Unovan barely registered the rest of her words. There was a void, something essential that went missing in her life the very moment she had fully come to realise Bell wouldn't be coming back. It had only been a day or two, but not even the flow of time came through to the haze in her head. Being kept for observation, and to see how her arm and concussion were healing, Brynnhildr was allowed to roam the hospital, and like a mindless thrall she did.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,755 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
After the Fall [social]
POSTED ON Jul 5, 2022 4:40:08 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

AFTER THE FALL

DAY 2 // FIRST ENCOUNTER

LILYCOVE’S COAST teases beyond the horizon. the glass walls of the observatory provide patients with an unfiltered view of the ocean. some say staring out at sea proves calming. helps them forget why they’re here.

fernando finds himself anything but. what landscape he can still see behind one eye runs secondary to the fume billowing from his nostrils. no longer does it smell of lavender and perfume. now, he smells the rot for what it is.

smoke and mirrors.

a silent storm brews underneath a quiet exterior. those that leave the councilman at peace are witnessing the eye. the steady calm that comes before his release as he digest the constant gnawing festering within his empty head.

he doesn’t recognize the person next to him. barely noticed her whatsoever. once upon a time, such a slight would have spooked him.

now, he couldn’t care less.

he says nothing but extends the open carton of cigarettes that sits in the palm of his hand. it doesn’t take much to earn his sympathy. not when he recognizes the empty husk of her eyes.

[attr="class","spiralpee"]

close tab

played by

Aura

Brynn
She/her
September 17th
Castelia City, Unova
Pansexual
Volta Vice-President
Civilian
Mirror on the Wall
here we are again
1m62 / 5'3 height
1m62 / 5'3 height
Through my rise and fall, you've been my only friend
awards
138 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aura
Brynnhildr Erling
After the Fall [social]
POSTED ON Jul 24, 2022 14:52:37 GMT
Brynnhildr Erling Avatar
Her feet brought her to the observatory before she'd even taken note of it, but she remains silent through it all. When the carton is extended to her, she takes a single cigarette from it, nodding a brief thank you. Brynn had never taken to smoking, not even when she was still in college, but now? She couldn't care less.

She'd wait for a fire to light it and took a deep pull, letting the nicotine assault her battered mind in peace. When she exhaled it almost seemed as if she'd been smoking for ages, allowing the smoke to become a dull screen in front of her.

The second pull didn't go as smoothly, and left the Unovan hacking and coughing as she botched it, making her regret having accepted the cigarette in the first place. Alas, she was too stubborn to put it down, even in this state.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,755 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
After the Fall [social]
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2022 9:15:39 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

AFTER THE FALL

DAY 2 // FIRST ENCOUNTER

FERNANDO HAS HIS VICES. drinking. sex. violence. smoking. the list extends past his own tax return. but for all his faults and moral weaknesses, he only sticks to one at a time. smoking makes up his least common hobby. something he juggles when the mood hits just right.

that mood is often a sullen stress masked behind long drags and heavy lungs. “breath the smoke into your lung,” he comments when she starts choking.

let it sit and breath in some air.

smoke streams out his nostrils. this time it’s grey, like the streets of his childhood: the concrete jungle of saffron.

close tab

played by

Aura

Brynn
She/her
September 17th
Castelia City, Unova
Pansexual
Volta Vice-President
Civilian
Mirror on the Wall
here we are again
1m62 / 5'3 height
1m62 / 5'3 height
awards
138 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aura
Brynnhildr Erling
After the Fall [social]
POSTED ON Aug 29, 2022 23:29:27 GMT
Brynnhildr Erling Avatar
“breath the smoke into your lung,”

It's like she's prompted to listen. Even if her lungs still burn when she inhales again, craving more oxygen than she cares to give them, eventually the acheing fades.

“let it sit and breath in some air.”

It almost feels like she's clenching her chest, but she finds the next inhale going a lot easier. When she exhales she stares at the smoke leaving her lips, and the faintest of coughs teeters in the back of her throat, yet she swallows it bravely. When she shifts her gaze to the man beside her, her eyes end up lingering at the smoke he's exhaling, and sighs softly as she wills away the thoughts riding on that smoke. Painful, with very little bad habits to distract her from it.

Their silence seems to continue until she blurts out words in a silent voice, not even sure where they came from. Somewhere deep inside, she figured.

"Sometimes I wish memories could fade as quickly as cigarette smoke..."

The thought wasn't any less true.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,755 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
After the Fall [social]
POSTED ON Sept 1, 2022 3:39:09 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

AFTER THE FALL

DAY 2 // FIRST ENCOUNTER

“I USED TO THINK THE SAME,” he confides, parting the smoke with a dull sigh. “but the wounds, the scars, the misery, they make us who we are.”

he takes another long drag as people scuttle about their business below. watching them crawl like durants reminds him of how little he really means. beyond the titles and responsibilities, one day he will die and the world will move on. just as intended.

pain builds character. you either grow or you crumble into ash.

a click of his turn averts his gaze from the window and onto her. he looks at her with his one good eye. the other remains missing, substituted by a large black headband.

silph,” is his introduction. “fernando silph.

close tab

played by

Aura

Brynn
She/her
September 17th
Castelia City, Unova
Pansexual
Volta Vice-President
Civilian
Mirror on the Wall
here we are again
1m62 / 5'3 height
1m62 / 5'3 height
awards
138 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aura
Brynnhildr Erling
After the Fall [social]
POSTED ON Sept 11, 2022 0:59:13 GMT
Brynnhildr Erling Avatar
"Doesn't make it any less easier," she sighs, slumping over the railing and staring at the people below. It's only when she sees him turn towards her from the corner of her eye that she shifts her head and gaze towards the man. Any other moment she would have swallowed her words and panicked at hearing such a powerful name, but today she couldn't care less about the fact that he was a mighty Silph.

Fernando Silph was one of the many victims Necrozma's rampage had made. Seeing the man's eye covered up with a black headband made her stomach sink, as it looked like physically he'd been off worse than her. Mentally she did not know, but for a split second she felt like her complaining was just mere moaning. There were others like her, who'd lost just as much -if not more-, but she could barely comprehend what loss had felt like until now. Protected and naive.

Only now did she learn to know the darkness of the world.

"Brynnhildr Erling," she returns the introduction after a few moments of silent staring. "I'd say it's a pleasure, but seeing the circumstances..." she doesn't bother continuing, quite certain Fernando Silph knows what she means. More silence. Her gaze rests on the man, scans him, the tears away to look at something else as she takes another pull from the cigarette as if she's trying to muster courage. Yet when she speaks again her voice reflects her brittleness, moments away from a whisper. "How bad is it?"

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,755 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
After the Fall [social]
POSTED ON Sept 22, 2022 12:54:32 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

AFTER THE FALL

DAY 2 // FIRST ENCOUNTER

“THESE ARE THE CIRCUMSTANCES WE FIND OURSELVES IN,” is his way of completing her sentence.

the silence that comes after dwarfs whatever awkwardness may arise. it settles like a cloud of smoke. suffocating. grey and pungent.

my eye is completely gone,” he admits without reservation. “my tendons and lacerations will heal in time. so will the broken ribs.

he waits until another inhale forces him to release billowing fumes.

but i suppose my pride is broken beyond repair. to let rocket to have gotten this far.

close tab

played by

Aura

Brynn
She/her
September 17th
Castelia City, Unova
Pansexual
Volta Vice-President
Civilian
Mirror on the Wall
here we are again
1m62 / 5'3 height
1m62 / 5'3 height
awards
138 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aura
Brynnhildr Erling
After the Fall [social]
POSTED ON Oct 17, 2022 4:44:27 GMT
Brynnhildr Erling Avatar
Gone. That was a whole less hopeful than she could've been, and for a moment she couldn't do much more than fall back into the deafening silence as she stared. Fernando Silph might be nothing more than a stranger at this point, a vague acquaintance at best now they'd exchanged introductions, but that meant little to the subtle shock she felt. Pity, some would call it. She knew very well she wouldn't have been able to carry herself as calmly as he had, had she been in his shoes.

Then again, if she had lived her life differently, mayhaps she would have.

So instead of his physical wounds, she focused on the other mention that could warrant surprise and shock. "Rocket? Was all of this their doing?" Brynn knew they'd been a thorn in many one's sides, but were they really capable of controlling such a monster? The war in Kanto answered her unspoken question about the atrocities they were capable of, but to have been the ones behind what had happened in Sootopolis...? "That... thing, you think they were the ones somehow controlling it?"

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,755 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
After the Fall [social]
POSTED ON Oct 18, 2022 8:32:03 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

AFTER THE FALL

DAY 2 // FIRST ENCOUNTER

“NATURALLY,” is a mild reply that provides little explanation. the way it drags after his breath makes it seem obvious. dull but confident nonetheless.

her second question causes him to pause. he sits on it, lets it fester, before turning more toward her and away from the window. a single eye looks back at her. off balance with the other hidden behind slightly crusted bandages.

they had no control over it.

his nose wrinkles and he sneers in his own wallowing regret.

they tampered with something they didn’t understand all for a chance to arm themselves.

close tab

played by

Aura

Brynn
She/her
September 17th
Castelia City, Unova
Pansexual
Volta Vice-President
Civilian
Mirror on the Wall
here we are again
1m62 / 5'3 height
1m62 / 5'3 height
awards
138 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aura
Brynnhildr Erling
After the Fall [social]
POSTED ON Oct 24, 2022 23:42:46 GMT
Brynnhildr Erling Avatar
It was an obvious answer to her question, of course. But the darkness looming behind her eyes was deep. Of course they couldn't have controled it. Although such destruction might have very well been within the effective range of their plans, it did not seem like the giant black monstrosity would have had bothered keeping friend or foe apart. She wished to ask more stupid questions. Where did it come from? What of it now?

She was certain that if he knew, he wouldn't be here looking so grimm and disappointed with himself. Nor would he share such knowledge with a random citizen. So in the end, she did not.

"They'll do it again. Lead us to the slaughter like clueless little lambs if they get their hands on another." In the end, that's how it had felt for her. She shook her head softly, feeling a booming headache creeping up on her, like a snake coiling around her. "Like most power-hungry things, once they've had a taste of the potential, it'll only be a matter of time."

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,755 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
After the Fall [social]
POSTED ON Nov 7, 2022 23:52:17 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

AFTER THE FALL

DAY 2 // FIRST ENCOUNTER

“INDEED.”

the truth provides little comfort for their future. like the rest of hoenn’s history, human nature is cylindrical. an endless repeat along a predetermined path. the very same path their world is built upon.

which is why we must hold strong,” he lulls as he takes a short break from his smoking. embers dwindle between his fingers, restless despite the death that hangs between them.

to stave off armageddon once more.

close tab

played by

Aura

Brynn
She/her
September 17th
Castelia City, Unova
Pansexual
Volta Vice-President
Civilian
Mirror on the Wall
here we are again
1m62 / 5'3 height
1m62 / 5'3 height
awards
138 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aura
Brynnhildr Erling
After the Fall [social]
POSTED ON Dec 9, 2022 0:20:08 GMT
Brynnhildr Erling Avatar
"Let's hope it does not come before we're strong enough to do so."

We, she says, but she knows very well she isn't part of that 'we'. She's not sure if she'll ever be strong enough.

While Fernando ceases to let the embers fall, she brings the cigarette to her lips once more, inhaling ever so slowly so she can watch the fire at its tip flare. The nicotine does a great job at numbing the pain, both of the body and the mind. Brynn's sigh mixes with the smoke she exhales, and her wrist drops over the railing, allowing the silence to overtake them for a moment, safe for the bristling of city life below them.

"Would you have done things differently?" she asks.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,755 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
After the Fall [social]
POSTED ON Dec 10, 2022 3:30:37 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

AFTER THE FALL

DAY 2 // FIRST ENCOUNTER

“IN REGARDS TO WHAT,” he asks loosely.

being confronted with a real question brings his eye back to focus. it seems to shed his haze like parting away a cloud of smoke.

stopping team rocket, or if i were their shoes?

close tab

played by

Aura

Brynn
She/her
September 17th
Castelia City, Unova
Pansexual
Volta Vice-President
Civilian
Mirror on the Wall
here we are again
1m62 / 5'3 height
1m62 / 5'3 height
awards
138 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aura
Brynnhildr Erling
After the Fall [social]
POSTED ON Dec 13, 2022 19:42:21 GMT
Brynnhildr Erling Avatar
She'd not meant it that way; at least not the "what if" of having been in Rocket's shoes. But now the matter had been brought to attention she was curious nonetheless; how would he have done things if he had been one of their leading commanders. Perhaps it'd allow her a rare glimpse into the illustrious mind of Silph's CEO… and given the situation, thinking as if one was a Rocket might give some insights on how to handle things going forth.

"Both."

Curiosity piqued, she wished to know.

Mayhaps she'd be able to learn a thing or two from his reply.

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights