awards
1,175 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
buy, buy, buy [m, c]
POSTED ON Jul 9, 2022 23:21:43 GMT
Guillermo Marceliño Avatar
Memo stared through his shades at the PokeMart.

It was chaos. Entire sections of shelving had been knocked down. There was shouting everywhere. People were fighting, playing tug-of-war with random things, causing packages to rip open and send chips, cookies, fruit, you name it, scattering across the floor, to get trod on and tracked all over.

Calmly, he slipped his phone out of his pocket and dialed Alex’s number.

When the line picked up, he said:

“I’m at the store. Can you think of anything you need?”

He hoped the sound of the pandemonium was less crazy through the speaker than it was in real life.

⚰︎ we don't stop

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
buy, buy, buy [m, c]
POSTED ON Jul 9, 2022 23:32:08 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

How were they going to get the delivery done—

Wait, there was such a thing as the Teleport Express so… hopefully the packages didn’t get lost on the return trip!

All the way over in Fortree, his phone rang and he quickly grabbed it, swiping to answer the call and put it on speaker. Yes, Memo was on speakerphone right now.

And here was Alexei, staring at one particular section of his stash, which was woefully running low.

“Are there any mac and cheese boxes over there? As long as it’s not the Chee—that weird variant made by the chips company. Too spicy,” he hummed, while a frown crossed his face.

“Can you also check if there’s like, cheese dip and… ah, shit, I’m also running low on ramen!”

What a fucking time for a shortage to suddenly hit Hoenn—right when that whatever-the-fuck-meteor had literally closed the region off from anywhere else, basically.

Shit, this also meant they’d have to conserve medical supplies at the Sanctuary…

close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
it gets lonely in this gangster's paradise
awards
1,175 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
buy, buy, buy [m, c]
POSTED ON Jul 10, 2022 1:54:23 GMT
“Um.”

Memo headed for the mac n’ cheese aisle, basket in hand. Someone had knocked a display of cereals over and the little pieces crunched underneath.

“I will definitely check.”

He ducked down the international aisle, first, prepared to fight some suckers for these noodles.

“What kind of ramen?” he asked, switching the phone to his basket hand to swipe two boxes of roast chicken flavor off the shelf. That seemed a safe bet.

“I’m gonna have to climb this shelf for fancy flavors…”

Curse his height.

⚰︎ we don't stop

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
buy, buy, buy [m, c]
POSTED ON Jul 10, 2022 13:43:51 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

The moment the other asked ‘what kind of ramen’, he knew he was in for it. Oh, shit.

“Lemme send you a picture of what the pack looks like.”

Thank hell he always had that reference picture on hand, because without the picture it was always hell trying to ask whoever the hell he would hire to buy his groceries to find the damned thing.

“Pic’s sent over to you now.”

Should the other check the notification, there would be a picture of the particular kind of ramen noodles he was looking for—it had been a while since he last had that particular brand, having always made bowl after bowl of cheese-flavored ramen.

(Don’t get him started on the ram-don thing, that was… well, maybe there was a chance? Hmm.)

“As long as it’s not any of the spicy variants or the seafood-flavored packs then grab ‘em,” he added. He had absolutely no remorse admitting to this.

“Do you need me to send over payment for my stuff?” he followed up a few moments later as he then went to check another one of the cabinets and then a loud string of Russian curses came over the line.

“Can… can you check if they’ve got flour, baking soda, and yeast? I didn’t realize I was also running low on bakery stuff!”

close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
awards
1,175 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
buy, buy, buy [m, c]
POSTED ON Jul 11, 2022 2:09:23 GMT
“Okay,” he said, grabbing a fistfull of standard flavor packages and added them to his basket. He popped the phone on mute and held it back to load the picture, then blinked helpfully at it.

Unmuting the phone, he stuck it between his ear and shoulder.

“Honey,” he said, voice half a laugh, “I’m at the PokeMart. Not the asian food store. Also, it’s a hellscape out here.” He licked his lips as he lifted onto his tiptoes to scan the top shelf-- as best he could-- then grunted, and said, “But I’ll do what I can.”

What he could ended up being multiple jumps and boxing out a small child but he managed to grab a couple bags of what looked close enough to the image that Alex sent. They didn't have flames on them so hopefully they weren't seafood or spicy.

“No, you don’t need to pay me. Just make me more macarons,” he said, rounding the corner into ketchup, mustard, cans, and boxes and--

“Sweet lord.”

It was chaos.

Hooking his elbow on the inside of his basket, he held it up and away form himself, like a shield. But he was also short, so he could duck, bob, and weave around the larger bodies, snagging boxes that looked vaguely reminiscent of mac n’cheese and stuffing them in his basket.

“I will if I survive the mac n’ cheese aisle.”

⚰︎ we don't stop

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
buy, buy, buy [m, c]
POSTED ON Jul 17, 2022 3:45:51 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“Look, without the flour I can’t make the macarons… and without the baking soda and yeast I can’t bake bread!” he said over the line as he continued to check the rest of the pantry for supplies.

Thank goodness the other ingredients, he still had a lot of.

It was just the baseline things needed for baking that he was running low on.

“Are… are you okay?” he asked the other over the line, hearing the tinned, canny shouting of what he believed was chaos over the other line.

“How… how bad is it out there?”

close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
awards
1,175 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
buy, buy, buy [m, c]
POSTED ON Jul 17, 2022 4:56:58 GMT
“Physically, I’m fine,” he says cheerly into his phone, dodging around two crashed motorized scooters so he can make his way back to the main drag and head towards the rear of the store where the baking supplies are. “Emotionally I don’t know if my pride can live with fighting children for mac n’ cheese, but all things in time, huh?”

Someone dropped a gallon of milk on the ground and it exploded everywhere. He tries to avoid stepping into it, while also looking for what Alex has requested.

Of course the yeast is on the top fucking shelf.

“I think there’s a box-- way the hell back there,” he’s more or less narrating out loud because he has to stick his arm through the basket handles (he doesn’t dare put it down), shove the phone against his shoulder again, and physically climb up the shelving, smacking at the top level until he feels the cardboard of the box of yeast crush between his hand. He drags it forward and pushes it in the basket.

“Regular flour or almond flour?” he asks, just as an older woman cuts him off while he’s heading for the AP kind. “Permission to use force against the elderly, commander.”

It’s mostly a joke but she glares at him anyway.

⚰︎ we don't stop

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
buy, buy, buy [m, c]
POSTED ON Jul 17, 2022 5:42:25 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“Look, kids don’t got the monopoly on mac and cheese, that’s just stupid,” he remarked with a bit of a grin on his face. “Can’t adults have the same fun they do, too?”

He then realized that… holy shit, Memo hadn’t tried his quick-ass recipe for buttered noodles yet, had he…? Well, at least the other was already at the part where the baking goods were, so by presumption he was… close to the dried goods aisle?

He heard Memo’s yowling over the phone as the other had managed to secure some yeast. He wondered how full the basket was.

“Almond flour—” he began to say before Memo asked him something that caused Alexei himself to burst out into a fit of the giggles.

“Almond flour for the macarons, and regular flour for everything else,” he clarified, but he couldn’t stop the giggling in between.

“If you’re near the dried goods aisle, can you grab some pasta noodles too? I don’t think you’ve tried my buttered noodles yet…”

He could grab the rest of the ingredients here… or at Lilycove… hopefully.

“And look,” he added in a stage whisper, “…if they’re not acting like a bunch of Karens then you do, but only when they attack you first!

He had to sink down to his knees afterward because he couldn’t stop laughing at this point. Geez, what a dark sense of humor they both had.

“Don’t forget to pick up anything for yourself, okay?”

close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
awards
1,175 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
buy, buy, buy [m, c]
POSTED ON Jul 17, 2022 18:23:26 GMT
“Hey, you don’t have to tell me twice about having fun with mac n' cheese,” he said, sneaking around the grumpy old lady to try and get a snag at a bag of flour. “I like the ones with the unicorn noodles.”

But try as he might, for all she was old and hunched and gray, she was a force to be reckoned with-- her and her cart and her heavy-looking purse.

“Um, yes, I can try and get noodles-- hey!” she swatted at his hand when he made his move, glaring at him again.

Alex’s laughter over the phone was like magic, but the old lady was still piling flour into her cart and fending Memo off at every turn. But there was a flash of gold from a ring on her hand, and that gave Memo an idea.

“Hold on, dear,” he said, loudly and with emphasis, before muting his end of the line and tucking the phone against his shoulder. “Hey, can I have-- one bag, at least, please? It’s for--,” he put on his most pained, brow-beaten expression. “--it’s for my wife, and I’ll be in trouble if I don’t come home with one. You know what it’s like!”

The old lady regarded him with narrowed eyes, liver spots and gray hair radiating malice, before shifting her cart over and allowing him to take two bags of flour from her hoard.

“Thank you, thank you, thank you,” Memo said, dropping the loot in his basket and departing. The almond flour was less of a hot commodity so he grabbed two packages of that, too, before rounding the end of the aisle and trekking back towards pastas and international.

“Mission complete, captain,” he radioed, unmuting his end of the phone. “I just had to tell her we were married and you were my long-suffering baking enthused wife. What kinda noodles do you want?”

⚰︎ memo fights an old lady

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
buy, buy, buy [m, c]
POSTED ON Jul 17, 2022 18:55:52 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

Speaking of which… he’d better start planning for whatever else Memo wasn’t going to be able to buy.

Thank the fucking stars that he had platinum status in one of the shopping apps he used, because this was literally going to be a war… just in case the other didn’t manage to get everything else he was forgetting—such as cans of crushed tomatoes, potatoes, ground meat, and whatever else he was now running through his mind—he then opened the app while keeping the other on speakerphone.

The moment the other said ‘dear’, the line temporarily went quiet—so he took his chance to scroll through the app and began loading up on whatever else he was sure Memo wasn’t going to be able to buy, because the other had clearly said that he only had a basket with him.

He’d already managed to load up on cans of crushed tomatoes and the ground meat when the other voice came back on the line—and he very nearly dropped his phone.

“You said—what?!” he yelped out, which caused some of the lazy Eeveelutions that were parked like felines all over the tables and some of the kitchen stools to look up at the sudden source of noise.

“No, you said—what?” he choked out again, feeling his face go fucking red in 0.5 seconds flat.

The words refused to sink in, at least until—

“Look, buttered noodles can be made with anything unless it’s cannelloni or ravioli, so whatever you can manage to get from there will work.”

He then scrolled through the app and added several blocks of butter, because damn it, now he wanted to make some buttered noodles for himself too.

close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
awards
1,175 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
buy, buy, buy [m, c]
POSTED ON Jul 17, 2022 19:16:07 GMT
Alex’s explosion on the other end of the line warbled off in a burst of static, but Memo was grinning from ear to ear.

“I told her the flour was for my wife and she’d be mad if I didn’t come home with it, and whaddya know, it worked.”

He was running out of room in his basket, playing nonperishable Tetris, shoving blue boxes of various shaped and colored noodles where they’d fit. His arm was starting to hurt.

“Kay, I got a couple varieties. Is there anything else you can think of before I brave the chaos of the checkout line?”

He narrowly avoided two teenagers running amok with spray paint, drawing black and blue lines on tumbled boxes of cereal and ripped bags of chips.

⚰︎ memo fights an old lady

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
buy, buy, buy [m, c]
POSTED ON Jul 17, 2022 19:27:05 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

Wife.

‘Wife’.

Well, at least he got the ‘mad’ part kind of right!

Unable to fight off the fucking blush on his face, he took a deep breath as he continued scrolling through the app and adding other stuff like cheese, some other vegetables like carrots, and other things he was sure the other wasn’t going to be able to fit anymore.

“I can tell you’re like, having a hard time hanging onto the basket. Get the hell outta there, now, and keep an eye on everything!” he remarked, before adding a couple more items of fresh produce such as eggs and potatoes to his online cart and proceeding to check everything out.

“Make sure to take a Teleport all the way here, I think we should… totally set one of those up for your Psychic-types. Have ‘em memorize the place so they can get here without too much fuss.”

Ah, the wonders of having Pokémon ready to help out at any given time.

close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
awards
1,175 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
buy, buy, buy [m, c]
POSTED ON Jul 17, 2022 19:53:35 GMT
He caught the irritation at the tail end of Alex’s statement and wondered, briefly, if he’d overstepped. It had worked, but at what cost.

“I mean, you’re not my wife, obviously,”
he said, trying to explain his reasoning and, hopefully, elucidate away the tension, “but I had to do something short of physical violence to get your flour. You should’ve seen this woman. She was an Amazon. A hunched, wrinkly Amazon.”

He muscled his way into a self-checkout line, scanning everything quickly and putting it immediately back in his basket so as not to lose it.

But he couldn’t help himself after Alex told him to get out of there and grab a Teleport back to the Sanctuary:

“Yes, dear.”

⚰︎ local man shoots self in foot, story at 11

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
buy, buy, buy [m, c]
POSTED ON Jul 17, 2022 20:04:40 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“I mean, fair,” he conceded as he heard the sounds of the check-out counter over the line. “Then again… not everyone’s as progressive as they are when it comes to. Y’know. Things outside of the so-called ‘binary’.”

Ugh. That disgusted him. Maybe Memo didn’t deserve that little snippy ‘tude he’d given the other at their earlier exchange.

And there it was again!

“Be careful out there, lapushka, wouldn’t want anything bad happening to you on your way here.”

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,782 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
buy, buy, buy [m, c]
POSTED ON Jul 18, 2022 22:47:32 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: