Mission Details here

[attr="class","lars"]
pokemon

tag
@thermopylae

words

notes
here

Lars didn’t know why, but there was something telling him that there was something…rather wrong with all this.

While he was fighting off a bout of indecision on whether or not to go as his alter-ego in disguise for the evening, a message landed in his phone—requesting for his presence at Slateport one balmy evening.

Now, he always knew that there was something wrong with that city ever since the Rocket takeover, but…he found it strange, absolutely strange, as to why the League was only starting to assert its dominance now, of all the times, over what they’d left behind.

Apparently this time it was some sort of envelope within a briefcase that had gotten lost in the tussle, and there was something…rather valuable inside it. As to what the fuck it was he had no idea, but…

It was imperative that they got the damned thing back, no matter what it took.

He did find it strange that they were only acting now, after what felt like an eternity of silence. He was starting to question how the League ran things, and the more he found out about it the less he would like it…

…maybe that was why they’d asked a Ranger to get the fucking thing, because they never asked questions unless it involved injured Pokémon out in the wild.

But no, Lars was starting to question everything that was happening.

Either way, he was waiting outside on the outskirts, as that was where the last known location of the briefcase was. Along with whoever League official had it—try to bring in the official alive, if they still were, that was the secondary objective.

The primary one was getting whatever that briefcase was…

Secondary objective? Well, do they not care? He thought to himself, smoking a cigarette to pass the time. It would be some time until his next private shipment of vanilla leaves for his pipe would arrive, so he was stuck with the shitty version of his vice until then.

Now, where was his companion supposed to be?

[newclass=".lars"] [/newclass]
close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
the lost papers [mission]
POSTED ON Mar 23, 2019 11:36:13 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","mon"]

[attr="class","monlyrics"]悪意の代償を願え
[attr="class","monbody"]"Laurence, right?" Came the reply from an otherwise unheard question. Teddy's voice sounded like an undiagnosed lung problem and a hangover combined. His appearance was not much better, he looked homeless, wearing a large, seemingly unwashed olive colored trenchcoat. He had arrived a bit earlier, a day earlier, in fact, to the outskirts, not out of a desire to be on time, but by sheer coincidence of desiring a quiet place to drink himself into oblivion.

"I'm Teddy." He introduced himself, extending his hand out of sheer desire for civility, but his partner would not be the first to decline his handshake. Teddy cleared his throat, gargling phlegm and swallowing to clear his chords. Bloodshot eyes looked to the cigarette smoke, and he instinctively sniffed a little harder to get second hand smoke. Regardless of whether or not he made a good impression or not, they had to do this mission, the only question was how.

"So I'm thinking of levelling the building and searching for the case from the rubble." He began, thinking from the top of his head. "Saves us time from actually fighting anyone inside... and they did so no matter the cost." Teddy slid his hands into his trenchcoats pockets, taking an ultraball from his pocket, twirling the undersized monster ball between calloused fingers. "It's a shit plan, you got any other ones?"

[attr="class","montag"]

[attr="class","cred"]VEL OF PIXEL PERFECT

[newclass=.mon]width:340px;padding:40px;background:#862939;[/newclass]
[newclass=.mon img]height:100px;width:100px;padding:15px;border:1px solid #fff;border-radius:100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.monlyrics]text-align:center;font-family:verdana;font-size:18px;text-transform:uppercase;color:#eee;letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.monbody]width:340px;padding:40px;background:#222;font-size:10px;line-height:16px;text-align:justify;font-family:verdana;color:#aaa;[/newclass]
[newclass=.montag]text-align:center;font-size:9px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.montag a]font-size:9px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cred]text-align:center;font-size:8px;color:rgb(132, 132, 132);letter-spacing:1px;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cred a]color:rgb(132, 132, 132);font-size:8px;letter-spacing:1px;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
is gonna be the loneliest
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,772 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Apr 9, 2019 12:36:13 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar
[attr="class","lars"]
pokemon

tag
@thermopylae

words

notes
here

Eventually a voice that called his attention by name caught him, and he turned around in time to see—whoa.

Whoa, he looks… is he undercover? I can’t really tell, he thought, seeing that Teddy had introduced himself with an extended hand.

“Call me Lars,” he says first, returning the handshake for the briefest of moments, wondering what had happened to the other and why he looked like a literal hobo. Deciding that it wasn’t going to be a good idea to ask him that, he immediately blanched at the suggestion his companion put forth, not knowing if he’d seen or even heard about what had happened with the Commissioner.

He… didn’t like setting things alight and exploding them, that much was certain.

“I… would actually like to avoid explosions because that would readily give us away—wouldn’t want to fight off a whole horde of Rockets if they get alerted to our presence, and that’s going to suck, he began quietly. “…besides, I’ve got an aversion to making things explode—I have a better plan.”

With this he pops a Moon Ball up and forward, watching as Alpha lands out of it in a flash of red light.

“Alph, alert us when there’s someone else headed our way,” he told the Lucario, who let out a nod before prickling up his ears to listen for anything coming.

“Should give us advance notice, now c’mon, we have to slip in, find it, and get the hell out as soon as possible,” he continued, gesturing in Teddy’s direction.

“Besides, if we do find the briefcase and the person who has it is still alive—it’s still a win for the League, don’t you think?” he asked the other a few moments later.

[newclass=".lars"] [/newclass]
close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Apr 22, 2019 14:41:51 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","mon"]

[attr="class","monlyrics"]悪意の代償を願え
[attr="class","monbody"]"Ahhh, stealth, yes. More reasonable." Teddy replied, tilting his head and pointing a finger to the side. "Wouldn't want to have any casualties." And with that, Teddy removed the sneakers that he had been using, if they were going to make it out of this he was going to make sure there was no sound coming from his feet. Hopefully his socks had enough grip.

Lucario, with its capable ability to sense the auras of others, and the ability to communicate telepathically would be a bonus in this regard, still he had doubts about his own ability to sneak. "I think... we need a disguise." He replied, it was his go to tactic regardless whenever he had to kill a Grunt, dress like one. ANd it just so happened that his experience in this regard would help them. As they slipped into the building, Teddy lowered his voice, whispering.

"Rockets tend to change shift around 9:30, I say we sneak into the locker room, steal a couple uniforms, try to avoid getting too close to other people."

[attr="class","montag"]

[attr="class","cred"]VEL OF PIXEL PERFECT

[newclass=.mon]width:340px;padding:40px;background:#862939;[/newclass]
[newclass=.mon img]height:100px;width:100px;padding:15px;border:1px solid #fff;border-radius:100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.monlyrics]text-align:center;font-family:verdana;font-size:18px;text-transform:uppercase;color:#eee;letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.monbody]width:340px;padding:40px;background:#222;font-size:10px;line-height:16px;text-align:justify;font-family:verdana;color:#aaa;[/newclass]
[newclass=.montag]text-align:center;font-size:9px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.montag a]font-size:9px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cred]text-align:center;font-size:8px;color:rgb(132, 132, 132);letter-spacing:1px;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cred a]color:rgb(132, 132, 132);font-size:8px;letter-spacing:1px;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]