December 23
Lumios City
heterosexual
EMT, medical student
Cadet
Single
10 height
10 height
i wish i was special (you're so very special)
awards
51 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nettie
Nanette Sanguine
have mercy
POSTED ON Jul 21, 2022 2:27:42 GMT
Nanette Sanguine Avatar

When people saw her with her crisp button-up blouses and heels, they assumed (correctly) that she was a goodie-two shoes. Probably with a lot of money, too, and that was also very correct. But she was in her twenties, and her cousin and his friends would be remiss if she hadn’t gone out with them once she was old enough. So partying? Drinking? Dancing? Nanette enjoyed it, and she even sought it out independently. Even a mousy little thing without friends could find some camaraderie in a club. Drunk girls would always stop her to gush – even if it was just about her perfume (named Kirsch after the alcohol – a luscious and dark cherry perfume that was her favorite).

So once her duties in Lilycove were finished? She had the time, she had brought the appropriate clothing: it was time to head out.

The taste of the Brandy Alexander still lingered on her tongue. Nanette tugged the edge of her dress – a clinging, crimson number – down her thighs again. The music was sonorous, the bass running right through her and making her veins thrum. Good girls didn’t go to places like this. She could almost hear the strident disapproval, the memory of her parents colleagues ringing in her ears. Well, she was good, and she was here dancing at a dark club with sticky floors, so they could clutch their pearls somewhere else.

God, this club was even playing a remix from one of her favorite artists. From Kalos. Music truly did transcend borders.

Alors on danse! Alor on danse.

Alors on chante!” Nanette laughed, and a few others around her echoed in (with varying degrees of sobriety).

She was dancing, and then she was stumbling. Someone was against her – whether falling or being pushed, it didn’t matter. There was certainly something off enough for Nanette to immediately be worried, hackles raised. And then she squinted, trying to adjust to the strobe lights –

Oh! We were at that school before. In Mossdeep. Thaddeus, right? Are you alright?

And while she lacked herculean strength, she could at least try and keep him on his feet with a little straining on her part.

@kane
close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
have mercy
POSTED ON Jul 22, 2022 17:49:30 GMT
Deleted Avatar
the word drunk didn’t even begin to describe his sobriety level. whatever was happening was like a phone at full volume being dropped in the middle of the ocean.

like, he could hear it every once in a while. he could feel the vibrations even. but he had just gotten back from a quick stop in the men’s bathroom, having just barely gotten his pants buckled, when he bumped into somebody on the floor.

the lights had him raising a brow. no squinting, it wouldn’t have helped. things were blurred in motion and his brain was barely registering.

”you’ve got moss where now?” and then, like a ton of bricks he recognized her. ”hey! it’s steal my cigarnettie.”

moments like this were why he ended up in jail for assaulting minors. cause he said stupid shit and got into frat boy fights with young assholes. it’s fine.
close tab

played by

Trish

Nettie
she/her
twenty-three
December 23
Lumios City
heterosexual
EMT, medical student
Cadet
Single
10 height
10 height
awards
51 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nettie
Nanette Sanguine
have mercy
POSTED ON Jul 23, 2022 21:43:54 GMT
Nanette Sanguine Avatar

By now, Nanette knew better than to argue with someone this deep in substances for the night. After Milo had burst into a fit of overemotional tears because he had once again realized she was a grown woman (“You grow up so fast! Too fast! Toni, make it stop!”), Nanette had learned to be agreeable and gentle. So when Thaddeus called her Cigarenettie, she just nodded. Yes, that was her. Cigarnettie for the evening, or whatever nickname Thaddeus would call her tonight.

I bought you another pack. And I can buy you more,” she said, her tone soothing. “How much did you drink tonight?

Because it certainly seemed like too much, but, well, not her circus so certainly not her monkey. At the very least, she could make sure he slept it off safely. If she was going to buy him cigarettes, Nanette thought she might as well load him up with medicine for the subsequent hangover, too. Maybe a pair of sunglasses for the morning? The sunlight would not be kind to Thaddeus.

Are you staying nearby?” Nanette ventured. “Maybe it’s time to get you back.

@kane
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
have mercy
POSTED ON Jul 24, 2022 21:18:04 GMT
Deleted Avatar
”that’s kind’a you. the packs, i mean… uh, how many? fuck if i know. i don’t count.”

the answers all come out in a blur. a blur like the bodies around him and the sound of the music around them. then he’s letting his eyes graze over her frame. ever so slowly. ever softly. then she looked up and to her — boobs. what are eyes? he doesn’t know, he’s wasted.

”i’d like to stay nearby those— are they natural?”

yikes somebody stab him.
close tab

played by

Trish

Nettie
she/her
twenty-three
December 23
Lumios City
heterosexual
EMT, medical student
Cadet
Single
10 height
10 height
awards
51 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nettie
Nanette Sanguine
have mercy
POSTED ON Jul 24, 2022 22:10:35 GMT
Nanette Sanguine Avatar

If Nanette had a nickel for every time someone had asked her if they were real…well, she’d have about twenty-five cents. Which wasn’t a lot in the grand scope of things, but it was still odd and a little disturbing it had even happened to begin with. And she was never one for acts of violence (not with Antoni and her own gallade being more than willing when they perceived her honor being slighted), so she could only really fix Thaddeus with her most withering expression possible…which, he probably didn’t even notice considering where he was looking. At least he wasn’t adverse to staying close. If Thaddeus ran off in this state, Nanette was worried she’d be hearing news tomorrow morning about a man sleeping in the park, arrested for public indecency, or worse.

Yes,” she answered, sighing. And that was where she would leave that topic.

Maybe we can get some fresh air. And then you can rest while I get your cigarettes,” Nanette suggested gently. It was like trying to coax a child. So far, it was a strategy that seemed to work well…on family and friends. But she didn’t know Thaddeus beyond a bad attitude and a foul mouth.

Can you walk? You can lean on me…for now.

@kane

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
have mercy
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2022 12:24:29 GMT
Deleted Avatar
the ‘yes’ was met with his eyebrows arching up and his lips curving into a little ‘o’ shape, like he was impressed, cause he was. but he’s drunk off of his ass so it’s not hard to make him impressed.

she offers him to lean on her and he gives her a sly smile, arching a brow.

”i mean, i can walk, but leaning on you sounds like a way more comfortable choice.” he does, in fact, head for the exit without skipping a beat or giving her warning. ”but i could use the fresh air. smells like ass sweat and bad booze in here anyway.”

and something else. something that had notes of dark cherry or some shit. was that her? he wants to know.
close tab

played by

Trish

Nettie
she/her
twenty-three
December 23
Lumios City
heterosexual
EMT, medical student
Cadet
Single
10 height
10 height
awards
51 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nettie
Nanette Sanguine
have mercy
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2022 16:22:24 GMT
Nanette Sanguine Avatar

At least he could walk without assistance. That was good. Still, Nanette would be mindful of every other factor. She wasn’t Thaddeus’ babysitter, but when people were drunk, it was just better to be safe than sorry. The last time her cousin had gotten drunk, they had found him asleep in a soccer field and tangled up in the net. And then Milo had been across the city that very same day with unfinished paperwork to change his name to Jamiroquai. Their hangovers had been terrible, and Nanette had been the one to look at them sternly from beyond the rim of her coffee cup. Thankfully, both of them – five years older, the two of them – had seemed contrite through the pain.

Nanette vacillated for only a moment before trailing after Thaddeus. The air in Lilycove was salty from the sea, but still faintly sweet, too. The city’s name was apt. The cool night wind was a welcome change from the damp heat of the club. A shower at the hotel, and then another spritz of Kirsch, and she would be very content with the evening. Maybe she'd even top it off with a rom-com. One on her laptop, not the television if one wasn't already playing on local cable. She wasn't going to pay for a film unless it was being projected on a gigantic screen.

I’m staying close by. I can get you your cigarettes while you rest for a bit…I might as well get something for you to drink, too.

The light of her phone was harsh outside the gloom of the club. Nanette squinted at her screen. Not even a five-minute walk away, that was good. And if Thaddeus could traipse out of the booming club so confidently, then she was hopeful that he could make it that far.

You didn’t strike me as the club type,” Nanette said. She was already turning to walk were the directions dictated. “How have you been? That day at the school was nice. I had fun, then.

Despite Thaddeus’ sharp words, she had been content to play and let a bevy of children braid her long, long hair. It had left her feeling…happy. Light, even. d'Artagnan and Mila had been pleased as punch after that afternoon, too. Given the way Thaddeus looked and acted, though, she had a feeling he had not gotten the same sense of accomplishment from the endeavor.

@kane

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
have mercy
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2022 13:11:26 GMT
Deleted Avatar
”i mean, it was work.” his response to the day at the school having been fun. ”i’m doing well enough to go clubbing.”

somehow to him, that meant he was doing just fine. because to him, he was normal. his life hadn’t changed one way or the other because he met somebody or because part of his life had changed. meeting those kids and doing that presentation was money in his pocket, that’s all.

and this meeting with nettie wasn’t any different than him meeting up with somebody from rocket at the club. not unlikely, either. he’d bump into a few people every now and again that he’d worked with before. no biggie. just life.

small region, after all. like a small town. or so thaddeus thought while following her wherever her phone lead them, peering over the phone to look at the contents curiously.
close tab

played by

Trish

Nettie
she/her
twenty-three
December 23
Lumios City
heterosexual
EMT, medical student
Cadet
Single
10 height
10 height
awards
51 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nettie
Nanette Sanguine
have mercy
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2022 14:53:21 GMT
Nanette Sanguine Avatar

Well, fair enough. She should have known that attempting small talk of that caliber would have fallen flat. It was fine. Nanette was content with quiet. Her heels clacked on concrete, a sharp staccato that contrasted with the lulling not-quite-quiet of Lilycove City. There was the distant roar of the ocean, the skittering paws of some stray alley Pokémon, and distant sounds of traffic (there was one loud shout about a fender. Nanette hoped someone had insurance). She was aware of the warmth of another body looming. She angled her phone just so – there was nothing incriminating. Just the navigation application in the corner and her wallpaper (a very cute, social-media worthy photo of some giant pink drink complete with vanilla ice cream).

There was the marked convenience store up ahead complete with a bored looking worker at the window.

Two packs of those cigarettes, please,” said Nanette, pointing through the glass. She was careful not to actually touch it. No need to smudge anything if she could help it. “Two sports drink, two bottles of water…oh! And a can of strawberry vanilla tonic, please.

Even if Thaddeus had chosen his brand arbitrarily before, she remembered so she bought them. Everything else was just a sensible purchase – alcohol was a diuretic, so it was important to hydrate, and the tonic was just for her. Because she loved strawberry and vanilla as she apparently loved all things sweet and red. It was evident in her crimson dress, the lip gloss, and even to her perfume – cherry, oud, cinnamon, and rose. Even her eyes were red, a Sanguine trait. It just seemed to be kismet.

Nanette handed Thaddeus the plastic bag of his items without much preamble. When she spoke, it was very frank.

I’m staying a few minutes from here. You’re free to rest for a bit if you want to. Though it seems like you’re doing better out here.

What was going to happen, really? He was cute, but drunk. And men did not accost plain, mousy Nanette like that.

@kane

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
have mercy
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2022 20:15:46 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","thad"]
[attr="class","thadmain"] as they stopped at the little quick stop shop and cigarnette gave her order for his cigarettes, thaddeus eyed the bored man behind the counter. the kind of side eye drunk guys do when they are thinking with their face more than their brain cells cause said brain cells are swimming in about twelve ounces of tequila and rum.

unlike nettie, he brought his mouth to the glass and attached to it like a sucker fish, then blew air out of his mouth to show his entire mouth, cheeks, teeth, and throat to the still bored looking guy.

sad, no reaction. which had thaddeus giving a middle finger as he gave nettie his attention. which began with the quirk of his brow and rolling his jaw.

whatever he’d just done popped a few places in his face and he was trying to recreate the sound cause he liked it.

”you invitin’ me over ta your place, nettie?” of course he would go, and it showed in how he nodded and leaned back a bit. ”show me the way.”
[attr="class","thadtag"]
[attr="class","thadpoke"]
[newclass=.thad] font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; [/newclass][newclass=.thadmain] margin: 0 auto; width:330px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:45px;text-align:justify;font-size:11.5px;line-height:14px;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass][newclass=.thadtag] text-align:right;font-weight:bold;margin-bottom: -15px; padding-top: 15px;[/newclass][newclass=.thad b] color: #876C7C; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.thad i] color: #876C7C; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.thad u] text-decoration: none; font-style: italic; color: #876C7C; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass][newclass=.thad a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 13px Poppins!important; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.thadpoke] width:420px;background-color:#272727;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Trish

Nettie
she/her
twenty-three
December 23
Lumios City
heterosexual
EMT, medical student
Cadet
Single
10 height
10 height
awards
51 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nettie
Nanette Sanguine
have mercy
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2022 23:23:55 GMT
Nanette Sanguine Avatar

Yes, my very rented hotel room,” Nanette said.

He had…what? A foot on her? And at least a year or two on age if she had to hazard a guess. Yet Nanette had seen Thaddeus putting his whole mouth on glass like a child. A very overgrown child. Maybe there was an extra toothbrush the hotel had left for amenities. She hoped so. He was receptive to being led, at least. Nanette glanced over her shoulder every so often to make sure that Thaddeus was following. If d’Artagnan were here, he’d likely be forcing them to walk five feet apart. But no. He wasn’t. Instead, her Gallade was in Slateport – left overnight for a checkup and something she guessed to be tendonitis.

So there was no great, yawning distance between them. And Nanette waved cheerily to the staff at the concierge desk (they looked between her and Thaddeus with mild curiosity, but that was something Nanette did not notice). It was a nice boutique hotel in an art deco style – all gold and black. Even the buttons of the elevator had that polished look to them.

Her room was modest. A queen bed with one corner already undone (where she had curled up earlier with a saccharine sweet romance novel), the perfunctory television, and her suitcase laid out by a chaise.

You can take the bed. I’ll sleep on the chair.

Nanette slipped out of her high heels; the tile was cool beneath her feet. In her mind, Thaddeus would knock the hell out and her babysitting would be done for the evening. He was safe – far from traffic and random sharp objects he might pick off of the street. After all, alcohol usually made people sleepy. It made her sleepy after a certain point. So it just made sense – all evidence pointed to him dozing off.

How are you feeling right now?” Nanette asked. She was perched on the end of the mattress, running her thumb over the indents of where her heels had dug in. (Alas, fashion had a price). When she raised her head, her expression was less exasperated now, and gentled. If not slightly weary.

@kane

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
have mercy
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2022 13:39:22 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","thad"]
[attr="class","thadmain"] truth be told, thaddeus didn’t give a rats ass about being babysat. to him, that’s not what this was. why else would this woman buy him cigarettes and offer her to follow her back to her rented hotel room? to fuck, obviously. and he was ready and willing.

the first sign that he was wrong, however, was when she ignored the looks they got. he had a bad feeling. the feeling to worse as the elveator raised and they just stood there. him staring at her, her looking around and about and pointedly not at him. suddenly he felt almost stone cold sober by the time he got to her room and she mentioned sleeping on the chair, him on the bed, poking at the ground… to what? get rid of indents from her heels?

”net,” because nicknames of nicknames were still nicknames, right? ”i didn’t follow you home so you could make sure i tucked myself in tonight.”

the smile he gave her was amused. amused because, was she really so naive? and suddenly he was wondering how hold she was… and it had him squinting at her.

”you’re not a minor, are you?” it was half a joke, considering she’d been at a club were minors so weren’t allowed. helped him weed out possibly lawsuits that way.
[attr="class","thadtag"]
[attr="class","thadpoke"]
[newclass=.thad] font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; [/newclass][newclass=.thadmain] margin: 0 auto; width:330px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:45px;text-align:justify;font-size:11.5px;line-height:14px;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass][newclass=.thadtag] text-align:right;font-weight:bold;margin-bottom: -15px; padding-top: 15px;[/newclass][newclass=.thad b] color: #876C7C; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.thad i] color: #876C7C; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.thad u] text-decoration: none; font-style: italic; color: #876C7C; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass][newclass=.thad a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 13px Poppins!important; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.thadpoke] width:420px;background-color:#272727;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Trish

Nettie
she/her
twenty-three
December 23
Lumios City
heterosexual
EMT, medical student
Cadet
Single
10 height
10 height
awards
51 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nettie
Nanette Sanguine
have mercy
POSTED ON Aug 15, 2022 4:57:31 GMT
Nanette Sanguine Avatar

For a moment, Nanette could only look at him as her brain – just on the cusp of buzzed – processed the words, the intent. When a woman in a short dress brought a man back to her hotel room, it usually ended up in…well, fucking. And for however inexperienced Nanette was with romantic love, the physical aspect did not elude her. It was almost flattering in some strange, slightly messed up way. At least Thaddues found her attractive enough (and if not her entirety, then at least her chest) to follow her this far without complaint for physical company. So at least Nanette had one thing going for her even with her lack in charm and true interest.

I’m twenty-three,” she said, and her smile was just as amused. “Funny enough, my intention was to make sure I could tuck you in.

Was.And now, well, she wasn’t so sure, because Thaddeus seemed relatively sober and that just defeated the whole purpose. So, what then? He wasn’t unattractive by any means…but Nanette distinctly remembered he had put his entire mouth on the glass of the convenience store. And while she was sure it was sanitized (this was Lilycove City, after all, and it had built-in standards), one could never be sure of when it had been sanitized last.

But you seem fine, now, which was faster than I expected.

Thaddeus stood an entire foot over her, give or take. Nanette had to strain a bit on the tips of her toes to press a hand against his forehead. Not as incandescent as she knew others to get at his original level of “fucked up.” Good for him. Many weren’t so lucky (herself included).

She could have let her hand fall away completely…but her fingers were feather-light against his cheek. This was Hoenn – so she could either enjoy herself or let the next disaster (which Nanette was sure was looming menacingly along the horizon) could obliterate her. Nanette would be remiss if she missed some of life’s more mundane pleasures.

You did follow me this far, and mostly behaved yourself,” Nanette acquiesced. She was still smiling, but it was less amused now and more teasing than anything.

Maybe she could get him to brush his teeth twice – no, thrice – after the fact.

@kane

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
have mercy
POSTED ON Aug 16, 2022 14:11:37 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","kane"]
one minute she seemed into it and the next she seemed … not into it. which had kane getting mixed vibes. but the moment she said she was twenty-three, he had an in. he had a manipulative way that he could get what he wanted. because twenty-three year olds? they’re usually offended when you say things like,

”oh, twenty-three. makes sense.”

without batting an eyelash, he shrugs and starts to toe his shoes off, pulling the covers down and pulling off his shirt. he sets it over the back of whatever’s closest and then starts on his belt and trousers.

”well, if i’m gonna sleep this the fuck off, might as well get comfortable, right?”

hopefully this would goad her into confident action. maybe it would blow up in his face. either way. room had a tv and he was inclined to watch it if she bored him too much.
[attr="class","kanebr"]
[newclass=.kane] margin: 0 auto; width: 450px; [/newclass] [newclass=.kanebr img] float:none;margin:0;box-shadow:none;border:none; [/newclass] [newclass=.kanebr] text-align: center; border-top:solid 1px #232323; color: #2b2b2b; margin-top:20px;padding-top:20px;margin-bottom:-20px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Trish

Nettie
she/her
twenty-three
December 23
Lumios City
heterosexual
EMT, medical student
Cadet
Single
10 height
10 height
awards
51 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nettie
Nanette Sanguine
have mercy
POSTED ON Aug 16, 2022 20:05:42 GMT
Nanette Sanguine Avatar

By all means,” Nanette said, smiling. And she was good at smiling – it came with the territory of being present at fancy functions from the moment she could walk.

But this wasn’t just some pretty, practiced smile. There was something like mischief. If he was trying to goad her…well, it worked. Her eyes had been drawn to the bare skin of his chest like a moth to a flame. And it wasn’t some shy, girlish look beneath her lashes, either. Thaddeus’ ease put her at ease. This was casual – nothing to it – so why be flustered? Instead, her gaze was greedy. Oh. His attitude? Quite bad, honestly. His face? Lovely. His body? Lovelier. Tempting enough that Nanette grabbed his belt and pulled him closer and closer – just until they were very nearly flush.

Relax, then, and get comfortable. Let me help.

His personality was difficult at best, but he wasn’t awful. She had met worse. That aside – he was handsome, she was willing, and they were both young enough for dalliances like this…so why not? She hoped he hadn’t expected some blushing damsel that sputtered at the sight of a man. It was one trope in novels Nanette couldn’t stand. Her movements were deft and purposeful. The belt was looped over a chair without much preamble.

The window for being coquettish was closing. The first button was popped; Nanette pressed closer. He was just a hair too tall but…she managed. That was to say – she managed to strain just enough on her tiptoes to kiss him.

@kane