December 23
Lumios City
heterosexual
EMT, medical student
Cadet
Single
10 height
10 height
i wish i was special (you're so very special)
awards
51 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nettie
Nanette Sanguine
red flavor (VV)
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2022 19:39:36 GMT
Nanette Sanguine Avatar

Nanette usually abhorred heat. But it was different when she was seeking it out willingly. This was one of those occasions where she was chasing the sun and the heat. It had been a stroke of luck that Nanette had managed such a prime spot – the halfway point between sand and sea. It had taken longer than she would have liked to set up her parasol (bright red, of course, to match her swim suit), but the shady reprieve was all the more worthwhile once it was done. The need to run wild and free had left her rapidash, and Mila was now content to settle in the sand in bask. D’Artagnan was dozing beneath the parasol, and Nanette was more than happy to sunbathe.

The crash of waves, the raucous laughter of children, and a cool salty breeze…it was picturesque. Could Hoenn really be this peaceful, however briefly?

She reached for her drink – a pina colada complete with a line of saccharine sweet cherries – and then barely snatched her hand out of the way fast enough. There had been something whizzing by in her periphery, and then it found home. A volleyball sailing right by her. Right at her drink. Knocking it askew. Oh…

Well, it wasn’t as if Nanette couldn’t buy another one, but she couldn’t help but be a little disappointed. She had been close to dozing off, lulled by the sounds of the sea and the warmth of the light. There was pineapple smeared on her hand; Nanette wiped it off with the wrap knotted loosely around her waist.

Don’t worry about it! Here, heads up!

Her cousin had been more of the volleyball aficionado between them (she preferred tennis when she did play actual sports), but it seemed a simple enough concept. Just whack the volleyball back to its owner, and then she could replenish her casualty of sport.

yeet | mission
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,740 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
red flavor (VV)
POSTED ON Aug 1, 2022 22:37:39 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

RED FLAVOR

A TASTE SPIKED TO THE PUNCH

“BALL!” comes an all too late call out as the volley strikes outside their boundaries.

sorry about that,” he speaks at a more digestible volume as he leaves the drawn out square. a black head band covers the bulk of his forehead along with his now missing eye. it’s an easy enough detail to miss if one doesn’t pay attention to how the fabric seems to curve inward instead of round against his eyelid.

when the ball is passed back to him, he looks to catch it. his hands move, his posture is good, but the ball passes right through open hands. he’s off by a few inches, a stillborn sign that he’s yet to adjust to his new depth perception.

ah.

the disappointment is palpable.

ball,” he calls out again, tossing it back to the other players, also missing his intended target by more than a few feet.

he turns back to her, feet points half way between her and the court.

still having trouble adjusting,” he explains, his one good eye narrowed in on her drink. “mind if i make it up to you with another?

[attr="class","spiralpee"]

close tab

played by

Trish

Nettie
she/her
twenty-three
December 23
Lumios City
heterosexual
EMT, medical student
Cadet
Single
10 height
10 height
awards
51 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nettie
Nanette Sanguine
red flavor (VV)
POSTED ON Aug 16, 2022 16:18:29 GMT
Nanette Sanguine Avatar

How was someone supposed to act with the heir of heirs?

For most, shameless ass-kissing. These were often the people who lacked both dignity and money, but had an excess in ambition.

For Nanette? Act normally – perfect manners and posture – if not a bit flustered. Because while her family had money to spare, it was one thing to be well-off and another thing completely to be the scion of a veritable empire. There was an air around him that was both extraordinarily regal and terrifying. It read much more in reality than on television. Nanette stood straighter on instinct. When meeting anyone, impressions were important; the way one carried themselves was vital.

It’s no problem, really.

The tension in her shoulders softened along with her expression – face going from nervous to concerned. Ah. So the headband wasn’t just a fashion statement. Occupational therapy wasn’t her forte in the least, so Nanette made a mental note to do some reading about it later. It was unlikely that this man…Fernando? No, that was too casual and friendly. It was unlikely that Mr. Silph would ever need to interact with her again, but it was just good information to have under her belt.

You don’t have to buy me a drink, but would you like to join me for one?

It was very innocent and her intentions were truly good…but her father had taught her a valuable lesson in dealing with people during situations involving food and drink. Offer the server her card before the other person could even blink. It was like a sleight of hand, but for the opposite reasons people would usually need to use it.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,740 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
red flavor (VV)
POSTED ON Aug 19, 2022 0:16:21 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

RED FLAVOR

“AH,” she catches him off guard with her volley. out of the infinite possibilities she could have responded with, inviting him out ranks at the bottom of his reasonable guesses.

he takes a look back at the court, as if his answer lies somewhere among their current players. there’s plenty of people in the beach and a spot will fill with relative ease. there’s no reason for him to refuse, and the excuse of a prior engagement is flimsy at best.

indeed,” he answers with a muted smile.

sand seeps in between steps as he cuts what distance still remains.

silph,” is the introduction that needs none.

close tab

played by

Trish

Nettie
she/her
twenty-three
December 23
Lumios City
heterosexual
EMT, medical student
Cadet
Single
10 height
10 height
awards
51 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nettie
Nanette Sanguine
red flavor (VV)
POSTED ON Sept 23, 2022 1:52:32 GMT
Nanette Sanguine Avatar

I’m aware,” Nanette could hear how the pitch of her voice had changed, heightening in her nervousness. How pathetic. She wanted to punch herself in the face.

Nanette Sanguine. But, please, call me Nettie. If you’d like, I mean.

There were some (bordering on many) of similar levels of wealth and luxury that Nanette did not deserve it. They were uncouth and duplicitous at best, utter garbage at their worst. More often than not, their behavior was also enough to receive her hard-earned disapproval. Nanette knew herself well, and she knew she could and would forgive someone for spitting absolute venom at her. So those that she disliked were definitely not the sort she wanted to associate herself with. They acted out like overgrown children. They commanded a room with noise, glitz, and glamor.

Fernando Silph could command attention with his gaze and presence alone. Nanette tucked a lock of white hair behind her ear as he shortened the distance. One wrong move or word would torpedo her.

It’s a pleasure to actually meet you, Mr. Silph…or…sir? Please let me know what you prefer,” Nanette said sheepishly. To her credit, though, her gaze did not falter from his.

She cleared her throat and squared her shoulders, hyper-aware of any minute flaw he might see. And considering how mousy and plain she was, there were likely many. If Mr. Silph were as charitable as he was quiet, then he likely wouldn’t point any of them out. Back straight, chin up, shoulders back but not too far back… The sand shifted beneath her feet as Nanette made for the charming little bar further up the beach. The sun was harsh, rays beating against her skin. It wasn’t bad, though. Maybe she’d actually get a bit of a tan for once instead of just burning red.

Mr. Silph? Sir? How’s your eye feeling? Is there any lingering aches or pain?” Nanette glanced over at him, brows knit with gentle concern. “It’s scorching today, so please don’t overexert yourself.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,740 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
red flavor (VV)
POSTED ON Sept 23, 2022 6:13:20 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

RED FLAVOR

“MMM,” is a murmured sound of recognition at her name. he repeats it in his head for good measure before storing it like fresh groceries. mindful up front but prone to forgetting should it go untouched for too long.

whatever you’re comfortable with,” is fernando’s own acceptance of his name. he could care less, especially with the many nicknames hoenn’s more zany individuals have doled out, but his straight laced expression seems to curry anything but.

as they cross the sand, unfazed by the heat of the terrain, fernando seems unaffected by his injury. only constant sweat permeate across his brows.

it’s fine,” he settles with a humble dismissal. “the pain is long gone and it’s hardly the worse i’ve sustained.” which is both modest and telling all things considered.

his smile is dainty when they actually make it to the bar.

you’re quite accommodating despite me being the one to foul you, sanguine.

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights