Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,314 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Ready As I'll Ever Be
POSTED ON Jul 27, 2022 2:32:43 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullhover"]

[attr="class","skullimg"]

[attr="class","skulltitle"]導通抵抗
[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]In the week since the Phantom incident, Isaac had been keeping far, far away from the sub. Normally, this wasn't out of the ordinary for him. He was a wanderer at heart, and the stability he found among Rocket's ranks did little to change that. Many times, it was a week to a week and a half between sub appearances for him.[break][break]

That was okay, though. He still took missions with fervor, snapping them up at paces that made other Grunts blush. He still kept his Rocket burner close, whether for business or just for messing around with his closer friends among his cohort. And when he did show up at the Sub, whether by want or by request, he always made his presence known. Some in Team Rocket could be cold and hardened, and if they weren't to begin with their time in the saddle often brought them to that point. Isaac, however, was always warm and inviting, sometimes to a degree that left others wondering what he was doing here.[break][break]

For those who paid attention to the little things like that, his absence the past week had been particularly felt. His number on the burner lines went cold and unanswered. The missions that he'd usually snap up in a heartbeat went unclaimed for far longer, even the ones that practically had his name written on them. His dorm on the sub hadn't even been locked, the door hanging ajar as if a ghost was still passing in and out along its daily business.[break][break]

Not that anyone was paying attention, of course. The only people who kept track of the location of each Rocket that closely were the people who needed to use them, and Isaac sure as heck wasn't of much use right now. Being one of the sole survivors of a mission gone wrong, especially with such a fresh tenure, tended to do that to someone.[break][break]

Maybe that was why, when Isaac felt strong enough to brave the sub again, he didn't expect anyone to come looking. He cautiously stepped into the main hall, hoping that he could just slip under everyone's notice and make it back to his dorm. It'd be so much easier that way.

[break][break]

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]370 WORDS / @lazuli

[attr="class","skullcredits"]TAIKO!

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody b]color:#d9b800;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Ready As I'll Ever Be
POSTED ON Aug 15, 2022 5:13:03 GMT
Deleted Avatar

She was not an imposing presence in the slightest. At least, not visually. But what Lazuli lacked in the whole inspiring-terror-in-the-hearts-of-man department, she made up for in a different kind of presence. She liked people, and that seemed to make people like her. And it wasn’t some phony gambit at information, either: that was usually just the cherry on top. She loved people. Her people, in particular. Lazuli liked to think she knew almost every Rocket, even if just in passing. And if she didn’t know them well, she usually intended to do so. So it wasn’t uncommon for her to greet and be greeted. In typical Kalosian fashion, she usually did it with a friendly kiss on each cheek.

Before their death, her guardian had said she didn’t inspire fear so much as camaraderie. It just made sense to Lazuli. This organization was her family, and she did not like for her family to fight or be in distress.

So when Isaac tried to slip beneath everyone’s radar, Lazuli saw it. He was doing a pretty good job of being inconspicuous, actually, and it helped that he had a smaller frame…but Lazuli had sharp eyes, and a certain sense of these things. There had been word of a mission gone very wrong…but that was less on her mind when compared to how Isaac looked and the new, timid way he seemed to be carrying himself. Clearly, he did not want to be seen or heard, or even acknowledged. Lazuli slipped off of her chair, weaving through the throng of warm bodies.

Isaac.

She was all of 4’11” and maybe (if someone were to be charitable) some change, but she had her arms crossed like some stern mother. It usually stopped people in their tracks. Not so much bloodcurdling fear as it was the automatic disposition of many to cow beneath a mom. Lazuli’s brow was furrowed, her mouth a taut line of concern as she looked him up and down. Then her expression softened and she sighed, arms falling to her sides.

You look exhausted. Have you been eating? How are you feeling?

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,314 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Ready As I'll Ever Be
POSTED ON Aug 15, 2022 16:06:07 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullhover"]

[attr="class","skullimg"]

[attr="class","skulltitle"]導通抵抗
[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]Ah, shit. He'd been spotted.[break][break]

Had it been many others, Isaac would've done his best impression of your average Airpods user and pretended not to hear anything. It wouldn't even be very hard, honestly. He was a quick walker, really good at making himself seem busy, and could deal with being considered a bit of a dick if it saved him the trouble of some hard, hard questions.[break][break]

This was different. This was Lazuli, the mother of all grunts. It was barely a moment on the sub where she wasn't trying to lift her fellows' spirits, brighten their days, or help them through their problems. She was a warm, supportive presence in an organization that had desperately run short on those. Sure, Isaac never cared much for being worried over. But she was the type of person Isaac thought Rocket- hell, the world- needed more of.[break][break]

Maybe if there wwre, he wouldn't have been in this mess in the first place.[break][break]

Isaac did his best to force a weary smile. His haunted eyes were a dead giveaway, but damnit, he had to try. "Hey, Laz," he said, giving her a quick, casual nod. His voice sounded as weary as his face looked, and it was clear his casual delivery was a paper thin disguise.[break][break]

She already knew something was up. Of course she did. Isaac would have found it stranger if she didn't. "I'm feeling okay. New Evergrande Fantasy event just dropped, gotta get on the leaderboards, you know how it is," he said, trying to wave off his fatigue with a believable enough sounding excuse. A shame it was so obviously bullshit: nobody had Isaac's friend code for those kinds of games. Dude may as well have been a digital ghost.[break][break]

"How about you?" he asked, in a textbook subject quick change deflection.

[break][break]

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]MOBILE POST / @lazuli

[attr="class","skullcredits"]TAIKO!

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody b]color:#d9b800;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights