awards
1,176 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
summertime girls [m, c]
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2022 0:07:07 GMT
Guillermo Marceliño Avatar
“Yeah, Sénon also said something about how wacky Hoenn was, but I definitely wasn’t listening to him,” Memo says with a dismissive air. “He’s my cousin, he’s supposed to try and intimidate me. Also, Rangers get to see some weird shit, you know? Couldn’t possibly be the norm. But it seems to be a collective opinion amongst everyone here, and it’s also fucking true, so.”

Hoenn was weird as shit. It had taken, like, six days for him to realize that, and, in turn, realize that everyone maybe wasn’t as full of shit as he’d assumed they’d been.

It’s time for another eyeroll, and this time, the smile he forces is caustic. “Spikemuth is, honestly, just garbage.” He shrugged. “Some of the older towns are… quaint. It’s not my favorite place I’ve ever been.”

He let the acid simmer out of him for a second. When he speaks again, his voice is quiet.

“There’s lots of Wooloo. You’d like them.”

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,062 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
summertime girls [m, c]
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2022 0:18:30 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“Wait, hold up, you’re related to who?!” he exclaimed, backtracking a few moments and just… staring at the other.

If his memory was right—

“Isn’t that the guy who works opposite my friend with the Rangers?”

Yes, no denying it now.

(The fourth-walling in this post alone, I swear.)

“Well… surely that place with all the glowing shroomies in Galar is nice… I’ve been there… once. With… with a dear friend of mine.”

He sighed again, his lips pursing together as he remembered and how the young lady had been so excited to introduce him to her family. Shit, who was going to tell her folks that she was no longer in this world…?

He didn’t want to be the one to break the bad news to them—unless they already knew about it, considering how fast news travelled between regions.

At the mention of Wooloo, he grinned.

“Like… so many that Will and Smokey are gonna want to try and adopt them all?”

Maybe a slight exaggeration, but it was fact—the gay Wooloo dads were, hilariously, in a way, kind of like them both.

close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
it gets lonely in this gangster's paradise
awards
1,176 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
summertime girls [m, c]
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2022 0:30:18 GMT
Memo blinked at him. “Sénon Game is my cousin. On my mother’s side. He’s the one that suggested I come to Hoenn and enlist.”

Alex got a little bit sad for the next bit, mentioning a dear friend, and Memo had a horrible feeling that dear friend wasn’t around anymore. Which, for some reason, only succeeded in making him more angry, because that was another faultless crime that Alex was going to internalize and blame himself for and--

Memo exhaled a steady one, two, three four. He was letting his bitterness at talking of home color his other thoughts and feelings.

“Glimwood Tangle?” he said, instead, trying to recover some of his natural positivity (the kind Galar had tried so hard to beat out of him). “Yeah, it’s nice. Most of the non-city parts of Galar are nice.”

He returned Alex’s grin with a knowing one of his own and a wink.

“Absolutely. They’ll come home with a whole flock.”

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,062 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
summertime girls [m, c]
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2022 0:38:20 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“Something like…that, yeah!” he exclaimed, remembering as he reached for his phone.

He was pretty sure he took pictures of that one visit…

Although he had to scroll pretty far to find them.

Back then it was just William with him, when he’d agreed to accompany for a quick trip back to Galar so the other could check up on her parents (and introduce him to her family, because holy shit, the way the two had connected—reminded him of his own sestras in more ways than one).

“Ah, here, found ‘em,” he remarked once he’d scrolled far enough. Thank the djinni he had the werewithal not to erase those pictures, because… as it was, these were the only pictures he had of her to keep.

In most of the pictures, it was an easily-excitable Alex just gaping at the glowing shroomies that dotted the way to Ballonlea, and then, in some of them, a familiar ball of white fluff with a crown was hopping around, stopping ever so often to sniff at the moss and lichen-coated trunks, trying to lick them to see if he would get a glowy tongue, too.

“Will was a dumbass. He licked all the glowing shroomies.”

close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
awards
1,176 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
summertime girls [m, c]
POSTED ON Sept 18, 2022 17:37:57 GMT
He leaned in closer to Alex to see his phone screen, curious. He wondered if anything anyone else in the world could ever show him would ever restructure his view of his home region. Probably not. But it was Alex, so he was prepared to humor him, no matter what.

Alex scrolled all the way back to a bunch of shots with him and a pink-haired girl-- and Will, of course, was there. They were all different variations on a theme, and the theme was Alex being super fucking cute.

“You are so cute,” Memo said, without thinking, and the warmth in his voice was real and he meant it.

There was one particularly damning piece of evidence of Will with his tongue ¾ of the way to licking a mushroom. Memo had to laugh.

“Yeah, that checks out.” He leaned back a bit. “Most of us do, at some point.”

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,062 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
summertime girls [m, c]
POSTED ON Sept 22, 2022 15:51:15 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

He couldn’t help but blush as the other man laid on the praise really thick.

(Which apparently, Memo was good at. Who knew?)

His cheeks retained that faint dusting of pink as the other man literally laughed at William’s general dumbassery. Oh, shit, he forgot he took this picture in particular!

“Yeah, Will did an idiot move and—wait. Wait, wait, wait one fucking second hold up,” he remarked, turning from his phone screen to face the other.

“Don’t… don’t tell me you licked the glowing ‘shroomies too?!”

close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
awards
1,176 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
summertime girls [m, c]
POSTED ON Sept 25, 2022 17:56:49 GMT
The way Alex sat up and looked at him made Memo grin, like the kid stuck with his hand in the cookie jar.

“Yeah, we kind of… all do,” he said, with a shrug, like it was the most innocent thing in the world. “Everyone except Ester. Mira did it on a dare from her class, and then she dared Oli, and Oli dared me, and so on and so forth.”

He ran a hand over his hair, heat rising in his own face. “We all dared other kids, and by the end of our adolescence, basically, everyone’s licked the mushrooms at least once.” It was like a right of passage, a hazing ritual. He doesn't remember much from the experience, to be honest. Probably for a number of reasons, but mostly because he was quite young.

His eyes flash back to Alex. “Did you guys not have any weird, embarrassing Unovan traditions? Like, you know, sticking your tongue to a flag pole in winter on a dare? Nothing like that?”

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,062 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
summertime girls [m, c]
POSTED ON Sept 26, 2022 0:10:12 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

Djinni above (and below). That… that was crazy.

“You forget, lapushka,” he continued, “I didn’t exactly have a normal childhood. My sestras may have had some crazy shit done too, but you know. They never told me what that was. Thea was all prim and proper. Addy had her own little ring of friends, and me? Yeah…”

So for him to hear that there were silly little things done by other kids in other regions? Well that was news to him at least!

“And speak of the devil.”

He scrolled back to one particular picture where William the Wooloo had actually succeeded in licking a ‘shroomie, and a few snaps later the Wooloo looked like he was fucking high.

“What was in those ‘shrooms? Because look at this idiot, he got real crazy and unruly. Even worse than his usual self.”

close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
awards
1,176 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
summertime girls [m, c]
POSTED ON Sept 26, 2022 0:20:12 GMT
“I guess that’s true,” Memo said with a shrug, peering in closer at Alex’s phone. “My sisters are just… very chaotic. I got absorbed into a lot of their stuff. At least until Leo was born.” He rolls his eyes.

A bark of laughter escapes him at the picture of Will being quote-unquote a gigachad.

“It’s-- it’s a psychedelic, so, generally, they enhance your mood?” He shrugged again, trying to remember what his experience had been like. “So if you’re planning on being crazy and unruly anyway they tend to just make it worse. I think I just got the giggles. It was actually kind of fun. Tasted awful, though."

That he definitely remembers-- like bitter dirt.

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,062 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
summertime girls [m, c]
POSTED ON Sept 26, 2022 0:26:45 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“Meanwhile I had to contend with the most unruly Wooloo until we arrived in Ballonlea proper,” he grumbled, rolling his eyes as he remembered the nightmare that was the Wooloo hopped up on what he presumed were some ‘magic mushrooms’.

“Get this, I had to actually buy a Pokéball and throw it at his ass because until then I didn’t have Will like, registered to a Pokéball and all that. Just to shut him up, because I was there to meet ’s family and all that. Talk about embarrassing!”

He could still hear the syncopatic snickering even to this day.

“Now you know how Smokey feels when Will goes off the rails,” he added while throwing his hands up in mock celebration.

“The crown boosts his mcfucking ego, you know.”

close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
awards
1,176 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
summertime girls [m, c]
POSTED ON Sept 26, 2022 0:44:20 GMT
“Aw, for all your complaining, you love him,” Memo said, laughing at the exasperation rolling off of Alex in waves. “Will brought us together, you know.” Will and Smokey and the little Wooloo, all images on Alex’s phone, just like they were doing now.

Memo set his cheek against Alex’s shoulder. “Smokey had a child with someone else. He has absolutely no room to talk.” And that was a point he would never concede, not on his life. He was, for all intents and purposes, permanently in Will’s corner.

“Who is Ruby Walker?”
he aked, tilting his head to look up at Alex, tone curious. He liked finding out about Alex’s friends-- his pre-Memo life-- but he also sometimes dreaded it. Like he was still waiting for Alex’s Seven Evil Exes to pop up and duel him in the street.

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,062 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
summertime girls [m, c]
POSTED ON Sept 26, 2022 20:05:40 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“Probably the only thing that Will has over Smokey at this point. Fact of the matter that Smokey isn’t telling who the hell he canoodled with speaks volumes.”

He could only chuckle.

When the other asked who she was, he sighed.

“You silly. You know I’m gay as the day is long. She—Ruby’s a dear friend of mine. Younger. Did a lot of things as far as this crazy region is concerned. She… well, when the crazy clown went bonkers at Slateport, she did things. Of the angelic recovery kind.”

He was mostly speaking of the aftermath of the insanity that happened.

“Had everyone present at the incident not thrown the exploding head as high as we could, Slateport would’ve still been a flattened mess to this day. I know this, because… I was there. Myself. It was… a mess.”

A few moments of silence pass between them.

“So no, she’s not an ex of mine. Just a really close friend.”

close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
awards
1,176 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
summertime girls [m, c]
POSTED ON Sept 26, 2022 20:43:35 GMT
“It’s kind of a big thing,” Memo said, voice muffled from where his cheek was pressed into Alex’s shoulder. For all it had kind of come and gone, Smokey’s wandering eye would always be a big thing, for him. He valued loyalty above a lot of other shit, and when it came down to choosing between Will’s weirdness and Smokey’s potential for unfaithfulness, he’d go with Will any day of the week.

“I know that, you goof,” he snickered, “but I wanna know more about… you know, your people. Your friends. The people you hung out with before you started spending all your time with me.” He punctuates this last sentence with a wink and a grin, the tone a fake sort of haughty to hint at the joke.

He hadn’t been here for the explosion at the Slateport-- the Ultra Beast attack that caused so much damage, hurt so many. He’d still been listlessly wandering faraway lands, surviving on dumpster diving and--

--sometimes he didn’t know if it was actually worse than what had been happening in Hoenn.

“She sounds nice.”

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,062 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
summertime girls [m, c]
POSTED ON Oct 2, 2022 16:36:38 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“I have… several more, actually. Friends. Who do you want to hear about first, Miss or Miss ?”

There were a few more, but obviously one of them was @mattis (unfortunately there was no fucking way he was going to be able to do this safely; since Mattie, wherever he was, now happened to be one of his exes… both fake and for realsies…) so that option was off the table.

This then left him with as the other remaining option—and then he remembered their conversation about drag queens in general.

“You… you remember the time I asked you about your opinion about drag queens, right?” he picked up after the other had made his choice on who he would be sharing about next.

“Well… I actually have a drag daughter.”

close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
awards
1,176 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
summertime girls [m, c]
POSTED ON Oct 2, 2022 22:40:44 GMT
“I imagine you do,” Memo said, soft and affectionate.

And he wasn’t expecting, like, textbook chapters of who Alex was friends with. But he knew very little about his boyfriend’s recent history. And it seemed to make Alex happy, to talk about them.

“I guess whoever you want to talk about the most.”

He tilted his head, then, goofy smile crossing his face.

“A d-- a what?” he said, snort of laughter escaping him. “You-- you’re gonna have to explain that one to me. Closeted religious child, remember.”