Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Hey, Remember Pikachu's Vacation? (M)
POSTED ON Aug 2, 2022 19:01:03 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullhover"]

[attr="class","skullimg"]

[attr="class","skulltitle"]導通抵抗
[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]It wasn't every day that the entirety of Team Isaac came out to play. Mayb back when Team Isaac was three dumbasses and a grandma, it could've worked. But since joining Rocket? Isaac's team had ballooned on size, and judging by how other grunts reacted his numbers were still conservative. How did they even care for so many? Did they just shove them all in the back of the sub and bring whichever ones didn't starve to death out on missions?[break][break]

It was no matter. The rolling hills of Slateport Park were now alive with the hustle and bustle of Pokemon. When he said he was beinging everybody, he meant he was bringing everybody. Flapjack crested through a pond in the middle of the park, casting Grimace in her shadow as she attempted to balance an exhausted Luster on her nose. Sunny flapped through the skies without a care in the world, Halberd diligently taking notes as he glanced warily towards his own bandaged ring. Rampage and Ivan raced across the park, trash talking up a storm as they tried to size each other up. Kurze sparred with Luck and Pluck, Knuckles watching them shyly from a nearby bush but ducking whenever they cast a glance her way.[break][break]

It was the front of the park, however, where the real fun was beginning. Ceres, proudly showing off her larger, stronger Grotle form, helpd Kilimanjaro tamp down a little main stage in the dirt for everyone to flock towards. Ringo and Sectonia were kicking up their best little instrunental performance, setting the stage for Duster to perform some of the twirling motions that 's Marowak had taught him. The Dudes bobbed up and down behind him, perfect backup dancers as always. The mysterious, dreamy vapors that Harmony spread across the stage only further highlighted such a magnificent performance. Vivi, Adrenaline, and Sir Mix-a-Lot erupted into cheers as they watched the little performance play out. Watson turned to an egg in the seat next to him, giving it a pat as he tilted it just a touch closer towards the stage. Even Dhelmise's ominous hovering seemed more impressed than usual![break][break]

Kiryu, on the other hand, just couldn't relax. She cautiously eyed the horizon, where Isaac had gathered with a close friend fo speak. This was, quite literally, the entirety of his team. What could possibly be troubling him badly enough that he needed all lf them sent away?

[break][break]

EVERYONE IS HERE

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]MOBILE POST /

[attr="class","skullcredits"]TAIKO!

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody b]color:#d9b800;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Kiwi

Ash
He/Him/Them
December 2
Aspertia City, Unova
Pansexual
Picking up the pieces
--
But I, I will, go on howling and hollow
awards
1,109 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ashley
Ashley Shepard
POSTED ON Aug 3, 2022 4:07:59 GMT
Ashley Shepard Avatar
[attr="class","sawyer"]

tag
notes
And there they are! Team Ashley, riding on the back of their newest member, a big moon meteorite that is merely levitating off the ground. Hanging off it like a tree branch, a Grookey with a belt on, for... some reason. Sleeping on it like a kid from a movie studio with a fishing rod, the ever lovely Slowpoke napping on the Lunatone's bottom half, a Stufful that adorned it like a hat, and a Starly that caws, and flies beside the moon-mon.

All five of them, best of friends. Of course they are, they could never be torn apart. They were roommates in the same apartment. Pluto enjoyed the balcony, despite being a night owl. Sushi loved the bath tub, and slept there, if not Ashley's ceiling fan. Jelly loved Ashley's bed, and slept there daily, with Bullet adorning the fridge as her nest. Bongo was like their landlord, making sure they all didn't get into trouble.

But for now, that was no longer the case! They were free! They saw Isaac's massive team, and realized that they were vastly outnumbered. But it doesn't matter!

Beating his chest with enthusiasm of a Rillaboom, the little chimp howls to his homies. The quintet split off, with Bongo finding his old friend Grimace. He'd grown two inches taller! Soon enough, he'd be taller than Grimace! Meanwhile, the very shy Jelly finds himself underneath a bench, still emotionally stunted and having trouble socializing. Sushi found himself discarded onto the grass, where his snoring filled the park towards Ceres, joining the weird instrmental performance with his own instrument. Bullet and Pluto decided to mingle towards Kiryu, the Starly giving a caw, while Pluto made its noises. What could be so important?

---

"That'll occupy them for a bit."

Ashley says it. He doesn't even bother to hide it, rubbing the arm with that wound he got maybe a week ago. He didn't need the cast, as he could move it, but even so, his airy tank-top allowed him to take in a deep breath.

He feels the little Carvanha-tooth necklace he had. He smirks, but looks to Isaac inquisitively. "Lemme guess... you found me out." It wasn't even a question. Ashley could feel it.

[attr="class","wizzcred"]❤ wizz

[newclass=".sawyer"] [/newclass]
[newclass=".sawyer b"]color:#00BFFF; font-weight:lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=".sawyer i"]color:#00BFFF; font-style:italic; [/newclass]
[newclass=".sawyer a"]text-transform:uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Aug 3, 2022 5:03:31 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]And they're off! Worlds collided as Ash's fearsome fivesome met the entirety of Isaac's mob. They've seen each other in bits and pieces before: on the beach, while camping, when prying Ash from the mouth of a vicious Carvanha. But never so many, so quickly.[break][break]

Bongo was quick to approach the water crew. As he arrived, Grimace practically sprang from the waters to greet him. Being some kind of frankenfish abomination, growth wasn't really on the Dracovish's forecast anymore. That meant Bongo's goal was quite the reasonable one. Nevertheless, he did his best to straighten his perpetually-folded spine to give Bongo a target to shoot for.[break][break]

As they faced off, however, a new challenger emerged. Flapjack rose to her full height, easily the largest of Team Isaac both tip to fail and wing to wing. As she hit the water, a wave splashed out onto poor Bongo and Grimace, Luster washing up on shore right next to them. In response, Grimace dunked his head into the water, trying to splash the giggling Mantine back.[break][break]

Sushi's arrival was far more peaceful, the Slowpoke gently dozing off in the sands. Seeing this, Ceres walked up to Dhelmise, shooting the inscrutable plant colony a curious glance. It remained unsqayed, but was quickly joined by the queenly majesty of Sectonia. She took one of the Dhelmise's algal blooms in her hands, beseeching him for aid with those big, red eyes.[break][break]

Against all odds, it relented. Soon, Sectonia was getting to work on a little blanket made of Dhelmise's Growth and Ceres' leaves, using a few quills she snatched from a passing Ivan as needles to put the whole thing together. For a Vespiquen, she sure knew her way around strings. Taking tips fron spiders proved very helpful! Once the trio's work was complete, she tucked the Slowpoke in, cooing a little at how peaceful it looked. Even Harmony floated over to help ensure it had good dreams.[break][break]

Poor Jelly wasn't the only shy one here. Sunny let out an alarmed squeal as Ash's team descended on Lunatone-back, hiding behind Kurze to try and hide himself. Kurze, who was currently in mid spar, did not really appreciate that, picking the Golbat up and plopping him right down onto Jelly's hiding bench. The Golbat peered shyly through the gaps in the bench, giving Jelly a bashful welcome squeal.[break][break]

Yet the star paid Sunny no mind. Instead, it and its little bird companion wanted to know what Kiryu was peering at. The Aggron immediately shook her head, letting out a weary rasp about how complicated human things were. Their humans were also having a hangout. Nothing to be concerned about. Human hangouts were just more boring and talky than Pokemon ones were. With her point made, she ushered the Pokemon to the rest of the festivities. Surely the humans would be fine without their vigil.[break][break]

As they approached, MC Watson pointed at them, letting out a few jolly barks of greeting. There was much applause from the crowd as they turned to greet their new friends, waving them over so they could introduce themselves. Even Kiryu got in on it, reflecting some light off of her metal plates to put the Lunatone and Starly under a spotlight.[break][break]

Ths mood was a lot heavier over by the humans. "Less found out, more heard some familiar names while you were loopy," Isaac said. "And, yeah. I said familiar. Means we get to get that Cufant out of the room early, at least. Besides, I'd be an asshole if I just overheard your dirty laundry without saying mine, right?"

[break][break]

EVERYONE IS HERE

[break]

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Kiwi

Ash
He/Him/Them
December 2
Aspertia City, Unova
Pansexual
Picking up the pieces
--
awards
1,109 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ashley
Ashley Shepard
POSTED ON Aug 8, 2022 5:14:48 GMT
Ashley Shepard Avatar
[attr="class","sawyer"]

tag
notes
The fearsome five, the true menaces of Ash's apartment complex. Bongo, the chaos engine, capable of causing the downstairs neighbors to file a complaint! Sushi, the ceiling fan warrior, able to hold on for dear life to the bedroom ceiling fan... with his mouth. Bullet, the fridge gremlin, able to swiftly steal a sugary snack from Ashley's hands! Jelly, the little baby who gets scared and hides under the bed, daring anyone to come at him! And now, Pluto, the new kid who stays up at night, and floats around... MENACINGLY.

That's... what they would be, anyways.

While Bongo and Grimace share a moment together, made all the better by Grimace standing straight up. Bongo wouldn't be able to climb this fish forever, but he began to climb upwards onto Grimace, intending to be taller, by cheating his height! It wasn't about being taller, it was about using everything to his advantage to BE taller! However! Flapjack interjects, and as he is climbing, he would feel the splash knock him off balance, and into the water. The sounds of a chimp falling to the doomed short height could be heard with a tiny sploosh.

Sushi snuggles into the blanket given by Dhelmise and Ceres, the snoring Slowpoke having a little bubble from his tiny nose. It was cute, watching Sushi sleep so soundly.

Jelly wasn't used to other people. Thing was, when Pokemon are taken too early before they leave the nest, they gain problems later in life. Attachment issues. While Ash HAD left him to speak with the others, that had been a mistake, as he wasn't the type to talk. But the Golbat from above had slightly spooked him, enough for him to hide. He believed himself dead... until he opened his eyes... Perhaps that was why, as he poked out of the bench, he looked at Sunny. He gave a small smile. Sunny was as frightened as him... why stay scared? He holds a paw up and waves.

Pluto and Bullet, ushered away The duo, now put under spotlight by Kiryu, begin to float and fly around one another. Bullet was proud, throwing her wings out. Pluto, on the other hand, decided to show off... by spinning in place, like a wheel, getting dizzy, and falling onto the grass.

A good first impression...

---

"Hm." Ah. It was the painkillers. Damn. He was hoping that didn't come around, but so much for hope. But that didn't compare to him stating to air his dirty laundry too. Ashley catches on right away. "I see. You too, huh?" He puts his hands together, and ponders his next works.

What can he say? He spent two years a failure, and four years a vile piece of shit in Rocket thanks to the workings of Theo. He could say that outright, but he didn't want to.

"I left when I was twenty. I was fed up with it... apparently it was before their little grace period, so that makes me a fugitive." He starts, looking towards his Pokemon, trying to smile. With a cross of his arms, his left arm over the right, showing that bandage strong, he continues. "When enough blood was shed, I couldn't take it... there's a point in every guy's life where enough is enough. You see the end of the yellow brick road, and all that's left is the path that got you there. You don't forget it when you turn around. You see your achievements, but all I saw were mistakes. My Raichu, dead. My friend, mentally gone. My dreams, broken."

He doesn't stop, he merely holds his hand in front of him. "Got so bad that I'd break mirrors with my own hands when I had to look at myself. I hated the person who stared back. I didn't take care of myself, and I mean, with what I'd done, why would I want to?" He places his hand, running it down his face to pull it down. Like he had stated this a number of times before. "Enough was enough. I walked. Didn't leave a note, didn't leave a message. Took Bongo and ran. Had enough money in an offshore account to live comfortably for a good five or so years. Came here to Hoenn. Started reading. Started exercising just a bit. I became who I am today by perseverance. If I didn't do those things..."

He looks to Isaac, a gentle smile on his face.

"You wouldn't have met me."

He didn't need to say more than that. The implication was more than enough.

[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Aug 9, 2022 2:11:43 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]A Bongo has fallen into the river in Slateport City! Grimace gave his friend a hearty, good natured laugh, head swaying back and forth all the while. Watson, who had spotted the shenanigans from across the park, let out an alarmed squawk and zoomed over to go check on the monkey. However, he was in luck. Flapjack was already to the rescue, breaching from the water while balancing Bongo on her nose like a circus seal. He wasn't the only one; Coulomb, Isaac's rather reclusive Pinchurchin, had also been scooped from the waves. He shot Bongo a look, as if to communicate 'so this is our life now, huh?' From the shoreline, Luster gave them a nod of solidarity.[break][break]

Ceres, Sectonia, and Harmony cooed over how cute the sleeping Sushi was, Dhelmise's ominous hover tilting slightly on an axis to indicate its confusion with their fuss. It was just a sleepy Pokemon? There were literally hundreds of those? Nevertheless, it left the trio to their own devices, even as they ushered Sir Mix-A-Lot and Kilimanjaro over to join them in their pampering. Sparks flew between the two rival's eyes as each took a berry, nursing their respective plunder cautiously.[break][break]

Sunny mimicked Jelly's wave with a bashful swing of his own foot. He then turned over to shoot a few peeps Vivi and Ivan's way. The two were among Team Isaac's friendliest, and they were quick to approach Sunny at the Jelly Bench. Ivan tossed his mane, shooting a wink and a smirk Jelly's way, while Vivi answered with a few cheerful yips. Both of them went to take a step closer, but surprisingly Sunny was quick on the draw here. He extended his wings to block the two's progress, ensuring Jelly could keep his personal space. He then turned over his shoulder, giving Jelly a soft, understanding smile.[break][break]

The main stage had gone from the Duster show to the Bullet show, and none were more intent on watching than Halberd. The little bird had perched on Rampage's horn to get a better vantage point, eyeing the Starly as it twirled through the air without a single care in the world. He strained upwards, trying to match the Starly's pace, but flinched back. So he tried again. And again. And again! Finally, he achieved takeoff, his wind bandage fluttering to the ground as he cautiously hovered into the skies. Seeing this, Ringo twinkled in alarm, flying up to try and stop Halberd from doing anything too reckless.[break][break]

In contrast, Pluto had fallen and he couldn't get up! Duster perked up in alarm, waving over to The Dudes as he ran over to Pluto. He tried to use his bone as a fulcrum, while The Dudes pressed against them from the other side and used the undulations of their three bodies to try and help Duster in his prying efforts. Adrenaline hit the two with Pollen Puffs whenever they started getting fatigued, ensuring they'd be able to help this moon onto his . . . uh, feet?[break][break]

[break][break]

And yet as their Pokemon frolicked, all Isaac could do was listen. What else could he do? He didn't understand how deep this went. How long had Rocket been around for? How much cruelty did they wreak before coming to Hoenn? Immediately, Isaac wanted to protest. He wanted to bring up the people he knew, the friends he'd made, the fact that Rocket was different ever since the purge. But . . . how different was Rocket, really? Theo was still there. Pryde was still there. The gears of the machine were lubricated in blood, but how much of that could have been avoided? Did they even care?[break][break]

Even if Rocket was better, Isaac knew firsthand what it was like. He avoided it for as long as possible, but he knew he couldn't forever. Monsters like Zev didn't function in a vacuum. Systematic harvests of innocent wild Pokemon didn't come out of nowhere. And the fact that even a deserter from the previous regime was still considered just another dissenter to be damned . . .[break][break]

Isaac's blood ran cold. The heaviness of Ash's story sat into his gut like lead. The fear. The self loathing. The loss. The grief. He wished he could think of anything to say. But what could he? He wished he could beat back the tears stinging at the corners of his eyes. But how could he? He wished that he could go back in time and set this all right. But he knew that was a pipe dream even by his standards.[break][break]

Is this what would become of him if he stuck around?[break][break]

His heart heavy with grief for both himself and Ash, Isaac could only think to hug the other man tightly and protectively. "Ash, fuck . . ." he said, the fragility in his voice like glass being broken by the unyielding rage beneath. "I'm so sorry . . ."[break][break]

Where Isaac saw grief, a certain other Pokemon saw opportunity. Zaius peered from the bushes, taking into account this very, very interesting information. A traitor. And one with such little fight left to him, either. Why, all he'd have to do was contact the right people, and-[break][break]

Oh. That was a blade being pointed against his throat. Kurze's one eye balefully glared down into Zaius' own. No matter. Sure, this pesky dark type would be immune to his powers, but he had other ways of ensuring it would cooperate-[break][break]

Oh. Another blade, and a frayed cloth caressing his arm. So Pluck and Luck had arrived. Pah. Such sentimentality. At least he could Instruct this one to handle the Bisharp, and then he wouldn't have to deal with either of the two-[break][break]

O-oh. A heavy stone claw settled on his shoulder. Three against one, eh? This was starting to get rather worrying. Maybe, just maybe, he didn't need to perform the necessary reporting duties. Yes. Of course! He hadn't seen anything. And maybe, just maybe, if he played along, he'd be spared-[break][break]

Perhaps Ash's team would see the Stone Tomb erected in the shady corner of the park, the words STOOPID MONKEY carved onto the largest stone. But it'd be better for everyone if they just let Zaius stay in his naughty corner and rethink his life choices.

[break][break]

EVERYONE IS HERE

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]1,051 WORDS /

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Kiwi

Ash
He/Him/Them
December 2
Aspertia City, Unova
Pansexual
Picking up the pieces
--
awards
1,109 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ashley
Ashley Shepard
POSTED ON Aug 9, 2022 6:47:34 GMT
Ashley Shepard Avatar
[attr="class","sawyer"]

tag
notes
The flex! The macho! The machismo! The monkey! As he's lifted, Bongo, now into his godhood, flexes like no monkey ever has! He stares upon his subjects, Flapjack his ascendant, the Grimace the hearty friend, and Watson, the Gator Bro. He would rule these people, including Coulomb, who seemed unsure of this life. Luster's nod only has him truly embrace his ascension!

His tiny flex with his tiny muscles... and then Bongo proceeds to fall over on Flapjack, eyes swirly. He felt wet.

Sushi just happened to snore more, now laying on his back. If a salamander could have puppy dreams, he would be having them with his little feet pattering in the air. But in truth... Sushi dreamed of Mareep, jumping over a fence... weird Slowpoke. Out of dreamland, Sunny and Jelly... were becoming fast friends. Ivan and Vivi attempted to get closer, but Sunny gave him space. He felt safe. Jelly honestly hid behind his wing, but peeked out at both Vivi and Ivan, actually happy to see some other friends too. Jelly didn't want to ignore them, so he waves. It was shaky, but... that was Jelly. Jelly still stayed by Sunny, and it was clear he was attached.

Bullet and Pluto had their own missions. Halberd wished to match her pace, and Bullet took it as a challenge. Like a rivalry, but as he take soff, Bullet attempts, at least, to ease his landing, by acting as a plane to get him to the ground. The little Rookidee would gently get to the ground. Thanks to her. Pluto, on the other hand, continued being as dizzy as he could, with Duster and the Dudes attempting their best to get it back on its way. But as Pluto gets up, it's eyes come to some senses, and begins to float. With a curious glance, it eyes the Dudes and Duster, and provides a small somersault as thanks.

---

The hug is nice.

Ash just shrugs at the sentiment. "I've cried every tear I've had, Isaac. Not much left in me." He tries to laugh, but... it isn't right. It never would feel right. As he just leans there though, for just a moment, he sees the little Alolan Raichu eyeing him with such a cute smile. He closes his eyes. "Appreciate it, man."

The path of blood sheds far too much for just a man to bare. Either you bleed yourself into a murderer, or you come out the other side a human who can't live with it. Ashley is both. A murderer, and someone who fights that grief daily. They call it depression, PTSD, what have you. He doesn't let it affect him negatively. His heart weighs heavy, but Ash has been lifting for awhile. That weight is nothing. He feels it all the same. Always has, always will. When he's low, he feels it heavier than any weight on him, and when he's up high, he always has that shackle to ground him.

What it means to be Ashley Sawyer is to look at oblivion, and stare out the other end someone sane enough to try to live.

As they let go, Ashley takes a moment to look straight ahead towards the park. "The other day, I was taking my trash out to the dumpster. Saw this Nidorino inside, right? He's eating this crusty week-old pizza, probably from my neighbor, Frank. Guy loves those Magikarp scales you can put on em. Gross if you ask me, but when you're like that little guy, you take what you get. Well, poor thing looked starved, and covered in little Joltiks and fending off Venipedes. I thought he looked like a scrappy little guy. Reminded me of another dipshit kid on the street who joined Rocket, because there was nothing left... I could have let him starve like so many people tried to leave me, but after I had Bullet annihilate all of the bugs on him, I took the guy in. Ordered some Johto food for the apartment. Had him eat with us... now he lives like a trained attack dog in a small little bed I made for him out of some old blankets. Called him Reinhardt. Has to deal with strength. When you're strong enough to live like that? You deserve that name." He chortles, thinking about that scrappy little guy who's probably still at home, guarding the place from any intruders. Or... more likely, going over to Frank and stabbing him for the shit Magikarp-scaled pizza.

Ashley continues, he's smiling wider now, and that vision of Jubilee just smiles back at him. She would be so proud. "I have a dream one day, Isaac. Pokemon grooming, sure, that's one. But what I really want is to have a place to give a home to those who can't find it. I'm an orphan... that's why I won't use the box system. I want to see them all grow with my own eyes. I just have to hope I get there, and when my time is up... maybe I'll have done enough. Someone will tell my story." His wide smile goes smaller. "Maybe a kid. Raise'em right."

Finally, he stops. He leans back on the grass, arms beneath his head as he closes his silver eyes.

"Your turn. Spill the beans, I just poured my heart out here. How's Rocket these days?"

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Aug 10, 2022 5:15:23 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]Watson hopped onto Flapjack's head, giving the dazed Bongo a pat on the head. He gestured grandly to the park from atop the back of the Mantine. The grass, the water, the trees, and all of the many, many friends assembled to spend time with each other today. Together, Bongo, all that the light touched was theirs![break][break]

At Jelly's shy wave, Vivi yipped excitedly. While she didn't push the envelope, she did chatter excitedly at the little Stufful, only stopping whenever Sunny or Ivan motioned for her to turn it down a notch. While cheerful, she definitely knew when to stop, ceding conversational ground to the Stufful if it ever peeped up. Sunny in particular looked oh so proud, chest puffed out as he took the role of big brother for a day.[break][break]

Halberd accepted this glide. This was, indeed, a successful test flight. Ringo tingled in frustration as he tried to lecture the two birds, but Kurze strode out from the treeline to gently chide him. From one warrior to another, he respected Halberd's drive to persevere. And persevere he did! As Pluck and Luck snuck out from the shadows to strike Kurze once more, Halberd let out a war cry and dove into the fray. Being such a small bird, he could barely play along. But it was the thought that counted! Rampage watched with rapt attention, cheering the fighters on.[break][break]

The Dudes excitedly bobbed up and down in approval of Pluto's somersault. Were they trying their own? Being adhered to the ground made it so hard to judge. Duster, on the other hand, gave a polite nod of acknowledgment and went back to nursing the egg. With the caretakers and Watson all busy, he had appointed himself egg father for the day. Egg and Cubone alike stoically stared each other down, Dhelmise floating over to join in for posterity.[break][break]

So much fun. So much friendship. And yet, on the periphery of it all, Knuckles stood alone. With her aura prowess, she sensed Kiryu coming before even seeing her, folding her arms and turning away. Kiryu attempted to point her toward the others, gently setting a hand on her shoulder, but Knuckles parried it away. Oh well. So be it. Instead, Kiryu sat next to her wayward teammate, much as Isaac often did to both keep her company amd respect her space.[break][break]

It was ironic that Kiryu chose to mimic Isaac here. After all, in many ways, the stray Riolu reminded her so much of him! The past few months had driven him out of his shell in force, hadn't they?[break][break]

[break][break]For the second time in his life, Isaac sat beside a broken Rocket. Each had been robbed of an all too essential feeling. But whereas Zev fed the beast of murder, Ash couldn't have been further from that. He was positive. He was giving. He was cheerful. He was warm. He could have let the tears he could no longer shed form a black patch in his heart that deepened, day after day, until it consumed him. Instead, he shrugged it off, and left his broken sadness behind in the tomb that once housed him.[break][break]

He was proof that just because you break, you didn't have to become a monster. And Zev was proof that just because you're a monster, you didn't need to be broken. So why did Rocket keep trying? All they were doing was taking promising men and women and running them into the ground. The idea of this happening to him . . . of happening to his Cygne . . .[break][break]

"I'll tell your story," Isaac said. "And I'll protect your dream with everything I have. No matter what. No matter who." Surely if he, a Rocket, put this under his protection, Rocket wouldn't think twice, right? Surely not even the worst excesses of Kantonian Rocket would be so petty. And surely Ash at least had the sense to change his name and his look. Maybe it was okay. Maybe this'd work out.[break][break]

"My story's simple. Left home at 18, wandered the regiom like a ghost for the next 4 years, and then life sent me a sign I needed to change. Saw a Rocket on a mission and tried to stop her. A lot. Let's just say a lot of Revives later, Watson and I still weren't up to snuff. But she was impressed, amused, or just plain fed up enough to make an offer.
I win, it's over. I lose, I gotta see what Rocket has to say. And, well. Here I am."
[break][break]

"Some of what they say makes sense. Some of it. The League's a bloated, broken mess that only gives a rat's ass if you bring in the big bucks or take their gym challenge. And, hell, when they're throwing an entire other world under the bus for a quick and dirty get out of meteor free card, it's hard to argue. And, shit. It's like for the first time in my life, I've got something to fight for, people to fight with, and the stability to do it without getting ground to nothing."[break][break] He sighed, a bleak smile on his face. "That's how they always get you, huh?"[break][break]

What was different, anyway? Isaac wasn't there for Kanto. From what he heard, it was way worse. But that's always what they said, wasn't it? "Well, they try to do some good now, at least," Isaac said. "Or at least, look like they're doing it. So long as the means justify Rocket's ends. Sure as shit hasn't been as clean and sparkly as those Kanto videos tell you. But at least outside the League's red tape and hoops, I can try to use those means to do some good. They say Kanto Rocket's nothing like the Rocket of today, but . . . shit, Theo's still there, Pryde's still there. Probably way more tenured in the upper crust than I can even think of."[break][break]

"It's never gonna be all good. It's Rocket. But maybe, just maybe, I can leave the parts of Hoenn I pass through better than I can find them. And if Rocket's gonna cut their own face just so they can smell some blood? Well, fuck it. That's their problem."

[break][break]
EVERYONE IS HERE

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Kiwi

Ash
He/Him/Them
December 2
Aspertia City, Unova
Pansexual
Picking up the pieces
--
awards
1,109 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ashley
Ashley Shepard
POSTED ON Aug 11, 2022 7:42:53 GMT
Ashley Shepard Avatar
[attr="class","sawyer"]

tag
notes
This was not the way to inflate the little chimp's ego. But as the chimp would smirk, arms crossed, he was pat by Watson, as they looked over all. He owned it all... he would a merciless god. An angry merciless god.

Vivi was so excitable, Jelly found it hard to connect. But... whenever he had a moment to chime in, he would. Sunny looked proud... and then, Jelly missing his mom. The little Stufful begins to tear up. He was a just a baby bear. He didn't want to bring down Sunny, Ivan, or Vivi's mood, but how could he not? This was his first interaction outside. Last time he was here, Mom died.

Bullet takes this as initiative. She protected Halberd, and as Ringo attempted to tingle in frustration, Bullet almost ripped into him, until Kurze intervened. When Halberd dove in like a war cry, Bullet really appreciated his rambunctiousness. It was cute, and she merely watched on.

Pluto would eye the Dudes, and egg them on. They could do it! Pluto even did such a nice thing, levitating close to the ground. It cheered them on! Up! Up! Less that, more up! up! ... the Dugtrio was in the ground. Hm. Grounded... okay, new plan. It balances on the ground to meet them halfway.

Sushi's snot bubble pops... and he begins to lazily scurry towards where Kiryu and Knuckles were. He sits down, watching Knuckles. It opens its mouth to a yawn, and slacks off. Knuckles could use a friend!

Who knew when it would be the last time any of them could see each other?

---

It's appreciated. To protect his dream... he knew Isaac was a good guy, but all he did was shoot a smile. Instead of speaking, he listens, and he only listens for now. His eyes are closed as he focuses on each word. He doesn't interrupt to answer the question Isaac poses. In truth, a myriad of reasons all meet the same logical conclusion; the world is unforgiving, and they wish to put it in a better place. At fourteen he felt that dream, at sixteen he was destroyed by that dream, and at eighteen he was self-mutilating himself for that dream.

He isn't wrong either. The League is a mess. Jelly was a victim of poaching they gave less than a Rattata's ass about. Rangers or not, the League was inefficient. You want the world to be better, you make it yourself. His story isn't wrong. Ashley even respects him more.

After all. Isaac was trying to make it a better place.

And then, he mentions Theo and Jayden's presence. Ashley's silver eyes open. He missed his old best friend, but after how he left things, he hoped Jayden found some peace. It was Theo that had him tense. Years of abuse, of torture. It comes flooding back. Killing Jubilee, and than beating that man to death plagues his mind. The countless hours of washing his hands like someone with obsessive compulsive disorder, only to feel it never enough. Beating the mirror to see himself bleed, hoping his blood will wash away that man's blood.

When Isaac finishes, Ashley finally chimes in.

"Good. Maybe with you, some good can be done." He doesn't judge Isaac. If anything, they weren't League and Rocket here; just Ashley and Isaac. Two guys. Best friends, brothers. He smiles towards Isaac, though it is small, he doesn't let it shrink. "You remind me of me. Wanting to leave your mark on the world... world is too shit for the likes of us, and it leave men like Theo to muddy the waters." He tenses again at the mention of him. He swore that day, if he ever had the chance, Theo would suffer a bloody demise.

That part is still true. That burning hatred hasn't been stifled; only shrunk to embers.

He just retorts. "I respect you." He closes his eyes again. One eye does open as he decides to tease. "She was impressed though, huh? Must have been some dynamax lady if you kept trying to stop her. But what do I know? I keep striking out."

He was smirking.

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Aug 12, 2022 4:52:52 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]Huh. Bongo sure seemed to be going through a little bit of a power trip. Neat! Watson wanted in next! He folded his arms, then threw his head back for as evil of a laugh as he could muster up. Okay, so it sounded more like a runaway duck, but it was the thought that counted! Grimace gurgled along, a little bit of water dribbling from his mouth with each chortle. Flapjack joined the fray after, giggling with enough intensity to shake Watson and Bongo where they stood. Even Coulomb gave it his best attempt, buzzing merrily along. Luster . . . fell asleep in the process, Harmony sampling from its dreams. Oh well. Every party had a pooper.[break][break]

While Watson and co. cackled up a storm, Sunny tended to his wayward friend. The Golbat flew up to the teary-eyed Stufful, landing before him and caringly wrapping him in his wings. Vivi was quick to join the fray, finding an open spot in Sunny's wings and snuggling up to the poor thing. She turned towards Ivan, yipping for him to join her. He rolled his eyes at first, but trotted over to settle into the hug, his fur pulsing with warmth like an electric blanket. A few of the more caring members of Isaac's team were quick to follow. Ringo, Sectonia, Ceres, and even Sir Mix-A-Lot moved toward the group hug, each making little cries and chirrups of comfort. For once, Jelly wasn't alone.[break][break]

Halberd did his best to keep along with the action, letting out competitive squawks as he tried to keep up with the faster-paced Luck and Pluck and Bisharp. He was far from an expert, and whenever they went blow for blow he was quickly knocked out of the fray, but he was always just as quick to rejoin the fight. It was only when an anchor shot in the middle of the battlefield that the fighting paused, Dhelmise dragging itself over to the fray. Tension hung in the air as the four eyed each other, neither ready to break this uneasy stalemate.[break][break]

In contrast to the steely smackdown going on over there, everyone here from earth and stone were currently in an advanced state of zen. Duster was calm. Kilimanjaro, who had wandered over, was calm. Rampage was getting sleepy just watching them all. Even The Dudes slowed in their grooving, keeping their bops to a peaceful lullaby that only they could hear. If Pluto wanted a rest, well, they sure found one![break][break]

Sushi's aura was as slow as he was. That made it more bearable. Knuckles, too, was equally slow when it came to acknowledging him, her hackles raised by another newcomer in her presence. Nevertheless, when it became clear he was here to stay, she lifted her hand towards him in a half-wave. Seeing this, Kiryu smiled, a gesture that earned her a quick, almost bashful glare from the Riolu.[break][break]

[break][break]

"And they're just gonna make it muddier if nobody does something about it," Isaac said. "League and Rocket alike. They're all in it for themselves, and if you don't like it? Well, tough titty for you, apparently. But if my choices are step in the shit or try to get it handled, you know what my answer is."[break][break]

Eventually, all the terrible old man would either die off or achieve a terrifying post-human singularity with their uploaded AI consciousnesses would make them the forever-kings of the world. And the former, against all odds, actually seemed more likely. Maybe then people like him and Ash could actually get around to cleaning up the world's act.[break][break]

And they weren't alone, either. There were plenty who came to Rocket because they wanted to make a better Hoenn. There were plenty of those who hadn't been killed, run off, or broken into monsters. And even the ones that were? Well, Ash was proof that they weren't beyond hope. "You're one to talk, Mr. Has Done Literally Nothing But Earn My Respect Since We Meant," Isaac said. "I'm just glad you didn't hate me for still being with them. But I guess you know my dilemma here more than anyone, huh?"[break][break]

At the mention of a dynamax girl, Isaac rolled his eyes and gave his friend a teasing shoulder nudge. "I mean, yeah, not gonna lie. She was a looker," Isaac said. "But I think my type's more . . . sunshine-y." Yep. That was the thinking-about-Cygne smile on his face again. Oh Isaac, never change. "Still, you? Striking out? C'mon, I'll believe that when I see it."

[break][break]

EVERYONE IS HERE. SEND HELP.

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]760 WORDS /

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Kiwi

Ash
He/Him/Them
December 2
Aspertia City, Unova
Pansexual
Picking up the pieces
--
awards
1,109 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ashley
Ashley Shepard
POSTED ON Aug 13, 2022 7:46:52 GMT
Ashley Shepard Avatar
[attr="class","sawyer"]

tag
notes
The League of Villain Gods was born! Watson joins in with the laugh, Grimace... he's trying, with Flapjack chortling with glee. They would rule them! Even Coulomb buzzed! Luster... well, that was okay, their League would begin! World domination! No... procurement of rations. Bongo spotted, in the distance, a food truck. Perfect.

This could only end well.

Jelly, on the other hand, had friends now. Sunny, Vivi, Ivan. Even Ringo, Sectonia, Ceres, and Sir Mix-A-Lot came in. Jelly wasn't alone... the little bear cried. His mom would be happy to see him living on. These Pokemon were friends... that's all a mother wants for their child, to be able to live, right? Jelly hugged primarily onto Sunny.

The world is cruel. But every setting sun finds its way to rise again.

Bullet tends to Halberd every time he falls down, to pick him back up. After all, her Trainer believed that even when you fall, you can get back on your feet! So, with her wings, she would help the birdy up over and over! When Dhelmise broke it up, she chirped happily. How fun! These guys were precious! She liked the company.

While it seemed Pluto's sphere of influence was zen, Sushi on the other hand merely held up a leg to respond to Knuckles. He said nothing, wore his black cap backwards, and just basked in it. Perhaps he could feel aura? Or perhaps... he just saw a Riolu who was antisocial, and wanted to provide a level of friendship. To open the door? Sushi was no dummy. He was quick on the uptake. Closing his eyes, he slowly hums.

---

Ashley finds himself smirking. With an idle shrug, he retorts. "It's true, man. Met a guy during the swimsuit contest. Smacked butts, but... didn't work out. Wonder if love is in the cards for me." He looks at the clouds as they move across the sky. How simple the world is, and yet complex when given color. He wondered if was doing alright.

Huh. Was that a euphemism?

It was nice he earned that respect though. Maybe Isaac and Ashley could make the world a better place. Alternatively, maybe the world is a better place without them. He doesn't know. No one does, and anyone who state's otherwise knows it's a Krokodile of shit.

Lighter for the occasion for now though. "Oh? Here I am melodramatically proclaiming my dating woes, and you have this big goofy smile on your face! Looks like you got someone on the brain." Ashley holds back, but he does jab the boy's arm. There's a big toothy smile on his face, the teasing would allow them to get out of all the depressing bits. No more Rocket crap, just two guys talking with friends. In the end, what else could he want?

"Sunshine-y though, huh?" Ashley closes his eyes. "That sounds pretty nice." He just hopes... nothing bad happens to that sunshine. Ashley just didn't know his type. He liked the moon, but he admits. Sunshine and happiness sounded better than suffering and darkness. Best way to stay out of the dark? Step out in the sun.

"Protect that sunshine, man. I envy it."

What else was there to say?

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Aug 16, 2022 2:17:58 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]A food truck in the distance? Watson looked towards the food truck, then down at Flapjack, and then towards Bongo. Inspiration flashed in his eyes as he put a hand on his best friend's shoulder. And then he barked a few instructions towards Flapjack. The Mantine nodded and dived down deep beneath the waves, Watson holding onto Bongo for dear life.[break][break]

Once she'd dove as deeply as she could, Flapjack breached into the air, tilting so that Bongo and Watson could slide down to the tip of one wing. All of the Mantine Surfing tricks she and Isaac had mastered over the course of the Splashfest were coming home to roost now, because she executed a flawless barrel roll right at the apex of her jump. Her wing swung forward was great speeds, the resulting Wing Attack launching Watson, Bongo, and Coloumb (who was just along for the ride, poor thing) right towards the food truck. Grimace saluted them as they went, their flexible spine tilting back as they tried to watch the duo's trajectory.[break][break]

The madcap antics were a far cry from the quiet, emotional scene going on with Jelly. Sunny's foot gently patted the poor Stufful's back, and his wing wiped a tear away from the little guy's eye. Just like Kurze had protected and cared for him, now he, too, would protect and care for Jelly. He squeaked soft, quiet reassurances, the rest of Isaac's team all letting out cries of agreement. It was okay. He wasn't alone here. And he never had to be. Isaac and Ash were the best of friends, and they'd always have each other's backs.[break][break]

Halberd, Luck and Pluck, Kurze, and Dhelmise all tensely stared each other down. You could cut the tension between them with . . . well, all of the blades split between the trio. They waited with bated breath. And then, on the count of three, they rushed into the fray. Kurze lifted Dhelmise by the chain, slinging the anchor over his shoulder and dramatically pointing towards Luck and Pluck. In response, the Honedge turned towards Halberd, nestling its handle beneath the Rookidee's feet. Its wingbeats became erratic and imbalanced, but nonetheless it flew into battle, doing its best to swipe Luck and Pluck. This battle had just taken a turn for the ridiculous.[break][break]

Kiryu was quiet. Sushi was quiet. None of them were bothering her, or asking her for things. They were a little closer than Knuckles would've liked, but they were keeping their distance. This was . . . acceptable. She sighed, abiding their presence, then turned back to stare towards the horizon. She may have set herself apart, but her gaze wasn't alone. The Incredibly Chill Earth And Stone Group was also lending their eyes to the same spot. After all, the clouds were beautiful around this time of year.[break][break]

[break][break]"Hey, it's okay. Can't go running off with the first guy you smack butts with, y'know?" Isaac said, as if he hadn't basically had a girl mark her territory on him and refuse to let go. "C'mon, don't tell me you're giving up because butts at first sight didn't work out for you. There's a whole damn world of people out there just waiting for some Ash Time."[break][break]

At the mention of someone being on the mind, Isaac tried to wave it off. "Oi, oi, watch yourself," he said, rolling his eyes. But the smile refused to leave his face. " 'Sides, so what if I do? I'm here to give you a hand, man, not brag about how cute and smart the total sweetheart I somehow managed to charm is." Yeah. She absolutely was sunshine in Isaac's life. There wasn't a single doubt about it.[break][break]

At the mention of protecting her, Isaac couldn't help but laugh a little. "She's already been doing a hell of a lot of protecting me, believe me," he said. Not that he'd get into his near death experiences and other assorted stresses and traumas, because No. "But even if she's the badass between us, you can bet I'm no slouch. And when it comes to protecting her smile? Yeah. Nothing I'd rather be doing."[break][break]

Cygne was right. The two of them couldn't do it alone. If Ash had someone, anyone to rely on, would he have been through so much shit? No matter. Isaac was there for both of them now. And if anyone changed that, he'd move heaven and earth to make them pay.

[break][break]

EVERYONE IS HERE. THIS WAS A MISTAKE. WHY.

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Kiwi

Ash
He/Him/Them
December 2
Aspertia City, Unova
Pansexual
Picking up the pieces
--
awards
1,109 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ashley
Ashley Shepard
POSTED ON Aug 21, 2022 1:17:59 GMT
Ashley Shepard Avatar
[attr="class","sawyer"]

tag
notes
Projectile Pokemon were not as durable as one might think. As Bongo, Watson, and Coloumb intended an adorable robbery, the trio are met with the realization that they are going too fast. And the truck? Metal. Coloumb might find purchase to impale on the food truck, but Bongo and Watson were able to go head first into metal.

No wonder Iron Head hurts so much. As soon as collision is made, the thump of Bongo's head led him to slap onto the street, fainted from the sheer impact... and then, the little chimp, hurt and tired, turns his head to Watson and begins to laugh. Watson really was his best friend.

Jelly's emotions really were a far cry from the antics of the chimp and gator, and as they held each other tightly, while Bullet merely watched on, perching to see this insane battle of machismo, she just watches on, looking off to see the little bear finally getting the love he needs. The Starly chirps happily, deciding it was fine to watch. Let the boys and anchor have at it. She'd just chirp and watch on, while in the distance, Knuckles could relax, meditate, and just look on, with Sushi and Kiryu being quiet. Sushi attempting to give Knuckles their moment to relax... the world was beautiful. So many spots to sleep...

---

Isaac rose a good point, albeit with a ridiculous contest of the butt bump contest, and while he is cheering Ashley up, there's a small twinge of jealousy at the smile and admittance from the blonde. Not over Isaac, but how he did somehow get his way to that. Ash shouldn't feel jealous, but he just... does. With a hearty laugh, he shrugs it off. No reason to let that be a problem. Hearing her being so protective too, that made the guy pretty happy about it all.

"That's good to hear, man-" but he does figure to tease him wouldn't be too problematic. "-I'm sure she loves wearing the pants while you protect that smile." He snickers now, and shakes his head quickly. "Kidding." A playful tone to his voice the whole way through.

He looks at the clouds for a moment, his demeanor shifting much more positively than it had before.

"If I ever meet this sweetheart of yours, I'll put in a good word. Least I can do. And about how you bragged to your best friend about how cute and smart she is, and how you can't stop smiling when you think about her." Okay, this was fun. He just hoped Isaac didn't try to strangle him. Fuck knows, it was all in good fun!

He closes his eyes again, shooting Isaac his toothy grin.

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Aug 21, 2022 22:07:50 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]Watson didn't get it. Why'd that impact hurt Bongo? He was doing just fine! He scratched his empty head, not even noticing the comedically large bump that had sprouted atop it. Nevertheless, he laughed along as he popped up to his feet, offering a hand to help Bongo up. They'd had a heck of an adventure just then! Maybe it was time to go back to the park now.[break][break]

Coulomb, who was currently using its spines as leverage while crawling into the window of the food truck, clearly had a different plan in mind.[break][break]

[break][break]

"Bold of you to assume pants stay involved for very long," Isaac joked. Then again, was that even a joke anymore? He let that air of uncertainty hang between the two for just long enough. And then he flashed a small, self-satisfied smirk that would answer any and all questions that Ash had.[break][break]

"Ah. I'm just fucking with ya," Isaac said, waving the mutual teasing off. "But, yeah. She's got some good leads on me in the whole 'life experience' thing. So she's a lot better at calling the shots. And I change things up to keep her life interesting. We're kind of a team like that." He reclined back, that silly grin right back on his face. Clearly, whatever he had going on in his life right now, he was all too happy with it.[break][break]

And yet nonetheless, Ash was still willing to make things even better for him. Or embarrass the piss out of him. One of the two. Isaac jokingly gave Ash a punch on the arm, snickering a little. "You're lucky she's a sucker for sentiment, or I'd throttle ya for that one," he joked. "But, thanks. Glad to know if anyone's gonna have my back, it's you."[break][break]

"And that goes two ways, y'hear? If anyone needs a crash course in why you're such a great guy, dibs on being the teacher."

[break][break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Kiwi

Ash
He/Him/Them
December 2
Aspertia City, Unova
Pansexual
Picking up the pieces
--
awards
1,109 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ashley
Ashley Shepard
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2022 4:33:56 GMT
Ashley Shepard Avatar
[attr="class","sawyer"]

tag
notes
If he had drunk coffee, he would be giving a spit take. "Wow, my junior's got game." He was snickering now, even as his arm got punched in the shoulder. Hearing this ball of sunshine have a good head on her shoulder though? That gave Ash more than enough reason to smile. Even if Isaac should throttle him. Joking aside, of course.

Having someone in his corner? A huge relief. "After my time in Rocket, that sounds pretty nice, actually."

This was the first time he just chilled. No need to say much to anything. Just enjoying the other's company. It lasted like that, for Ash at least, for a moment's time. He could probably fall asleep with how peaceful it was... twenty or so years of going home-to-home made him really enjoy the quiescence of this the world. Even though Rocket was here in Hoenn, at least he could enjoy some peace.

Right...?

He opens his eyes. "... wanna help me find a Pichu sometime?" He offers, a hope to go find one at some point. She would be happy about that.

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2022 13:59:35 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]"Oh, game? Yeah, I'm nothing but game," Isaac joked. "Trip over nothing on the middle of a route and fall flat on my face. Boom, she shows up right on cue. She laughs up a storm, its the most beautiful sound in the world, and just like that it's over for us. Yeah, clearly my game's lightyears ahead of anyone else's"[break][break]

Yes. That was completely, factually, and unironically how they met. If Ash expected a joke, one wasn't coming this time![break][break]

Instead, Isaac sighed nostalgically, letting himself get more comfortable. Compared to Rocket business, this was so, so nice. "If I fuck this up somehow, tell me I'm the dumbest guy alive, okay?" he asked. Cygne was so far out of his league that she hit an overflow error and somehow ended up right by his side. And frankly, Isaac couldn't be happier about that.[break][break]

That was how Ash could be in Isaac's corner. As for how Isaac could be in Ash's? Judging by what he just asked, it was clear that he had some ideas. For a second, the air between them grew heavy again. Memory was a powerful thing. Sometimes it was a little too powerful. Was it going to start throwing its weight around again?[break][break]

No. This was growth. This was hope. This was breaking that cycle and taking a fresh start with his own two hands. And if Ash was going to break the wheel, Isaac was going to be cheering him on from the sidelines the whole damn time. "You don't even gotta ask, man," Isaac said, flashing him a warm smile. "All you gotta do is ring me up and I'll be there. No questions asked."

[break][break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]