thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
HIDING FROM THE SUN, WAITING FOR THE NIGHT TO COME.
awards
5,373 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
SIDELINED
POSTED ON Aug 5, 2022 6:48:57 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[googlefont=Fira+Sans|Playfair+Display]
[attr="class","bbb"]while usually a man of composure that doesn't easily break, what just transpired has him taken aback. to find out he'd been sidelined to pr duties when others like , , , and risked their lives.

not to mention .

he's seething by the time he returns to the submarine. after visiting the infirmaries and hearing from various personnel, he returns to his office.

falling like ashes the the ground, ground

[newclass=.bbb b]color:#d5d5d5;font-family:playfair display;font-size:12px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
every night i burn, dream the black crow dream
awards
4,405 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
SIDELINED
POSTED ON Aug 5, 2022 7:20:55 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lulu"]
[attr="class","top"]

entirely too much had happened.[break][break]
her wrist was wrapped too loosely, messy, and held up to stabilize the best she could as she hurried through the halls. a broken wrist was the least of her worries, despite the pain.[break][break]
she hadn’t heard from him. she lost her phone during the almost-apocalypse. she was maybe 95% sure he was dead, but there was the last 5% which told her it didn’t hurt to check.[break][break]
this would not be the first boyfriend. though tears threatened, she steeled herself. she had been foolish to think it wouldn’t happen again. this would not happen again.[break][break]
without a knock, or hesitation, the door swung open.[break][break]
she stood there, and what surely for a split second looked like a trace of sadness burst into flames.[break][break]
”what the fuck are YOU DOING HERE?!

[attr="class","ooc"] [break][break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-darkrai"]

[attr="class","milkcredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".lulu"]--accent:#806e81; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu blockquote b, .lulu blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .lulu blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .lulu blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu .milkcredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .lulu .milkcredit a { transition:0.5s all } .lulu .milkcredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,373 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
SIDELINED
POSTED ON Aug 5, 2022 7:45:26 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","bbb"]crumbs of adrenaline remain in his system, enough to ignite when he hears the door swing open. it slams into the side of the wall, shaking the shelves around his office.

he hadn't even made it to his desk.

"you're okay."

relieved, he takes a step towards her.

"i'm glad."

[newclass=.bbb b]color:#d5d5d5;font-family:playfair display;font-size:12px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,405 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
SIDELINED
POSTED ON Aug 5, 2022 8:02:38 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lulu"]
[attr="class","top"]

”okay?”[break][break] her eyes were practically glowing. her voice cracked under her rage, then, hissing in a squeal like a deflating balloon as she repeated herself.[break][break]
OKAY?![break][break]
”i am not okay! i am the very definition of the opposite of okay, theo![break][break]
as he took a step towards her, she kicked the door shut roughly, glaring.

[newclass=".lulu"]--accent:#806e81; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu blockquote b, .lulu blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .lulu blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .lulu blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu .milkcredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .lulu .milkcredit a { transition:0.5s all } .lulu .milkcredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,373 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
SIDELINED
POSTED ON Aug 5, 2022 8:28:08 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","bbb"]the door slams shut behind her, this time harsh enough to dislodge a book off a shelf behind his desk. it flutters open, splaying across the floor.

her anger is met with a flare of annoyance that shows in the way his brows furrow. it might not be much but it is for him.

"you're alive. that's what i meant."

his gaze never shifts away.

"i saw the others in the infirmary."

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,405 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
SIDELINED
POSTED ON Aug 5, 2022 8:42:46 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lulu"]
[attr="class","top"]

he was lucky, maybe, that the book had fallen out of reach.[break][break]
she didn’t heed the furrow in his brows. in fact, she hardly noticed it, despite how out of character it was, and the warning it should have perhaps been. she was blinded by adrenaline, and one wholly overwhelming feeling: he had abandoned her. left her for dead, to do whatever else he’d done while they all fought for her lives.[break][break]
only to be found in his office without a fresh scratch on him, at least not that she could see. [break][break]
”the ones that aren’t dead.”[break][break]
she was shaking. her nostrils flared, and tears welled in her angry eyes, gleaming despite her efforts to will them away.

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,373 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
SIDELINED
POSTED ON Aug 5, 2022 14:30:19 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","bbb"]"yes. the ones that aren't dead."

he echoes without the same sentiment as though he's merely stating a fact which in a way, he is. people are dead and there's nothing he can do to change that.

nothing he could have done, perhaps.

"but it's part of the job. we count our losses, mourn them, and move on."

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,405 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
SIDELINED
POSTED ON Aug 6, 2022 1:21:23 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lulu"]
[attr="class","top"]

it was robotic, but why should she expect any less? where was his panic? where was his mourning, his anger, his anything human?[break][break]
this was what she’d always gravitated to, but in this light—the one where her own had been nearly snuffed out—it all looked different. it was scary, heartbreaking, stomach-turning.[break][break]
this was truly what he was at his core. empty, like how had called her. only, he’d been wrong.[break][break]
there was no comfort here.[break][break]
her stomach twisted and her lip quivered, and the tears finally overflowed from her eyelids, and she wiped them away angrily, sniffing. angry at him, angry at herself for caring about any of it at all.[break][break]
”why are you here? why weren’t you with us? weren’t you worried at all?”[break][break]
”don’t you fucking care about me?”[break][break]
she shook, and her voice raised again, her guard erecting like a fortress and taking aim upon him.[break][break]
”do you care about anyone?!

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,373 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
SIDELINED
POSTED ON Aug 6, 2022 3:31:30 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","bbb"]despite the veneer of stoicism that rests upon his features, turmoil stirs deep within. it speaks of annoyance, of anger, of frustration, and he can do no more than attempt to stifle them down.

to bury them.

"i do care."

perhaps more than most realize.

a brief glance is cast around the room to the shadows in particular not out of paranoia but out of caution.

"walsh tasked me with damage control. kept me busy. away. but i wanted to be there."

needed to be.

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,405 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
SIDELINED
POSTED ON Aug 6, 2022 4:37:53 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lulu"]
[attr="class","top"]

while theo did well at concealing his emotions, lulu’s were bursting at the seams, much to her fury. ruled by her emotions. another criticism of ’s, and only an echo of natalia’s final sentiments to her.[break][break]
so, he had known about it, as she’d guessed. while giant monsters razed her home city, he had been following walsh’s orders.[break][break]
walsh, one who she now assumed did not wish any good things upon her. one who would, without a doubt, kill her once he’d gotten whatever he needed out of her, for surely, he’d been inside her head this whole time. this was just her luck.[break][break]
if theo could leave her for dead, he could surely kill her too, if given the command. something, everything in her froze over at the realization.[break][break]
she was still on her own in this world.[break][break]
whatever flickered in her eyes died as they fell away from him. after a moment, she turned to open his office door again, and walk down the hall. after a few steps, darkness whisked her away into a nearby shadow.

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,373 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
SIDELINED
POSTED ON Aug 6, 2022 5:39:48 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","bbb"]this time, it's theo who slams the door shut, isolating himself in his corner office where he spends the rest of the day seething but more importantly thinking.

his loyalties are to the organization, to ensuring their stability, growth, and expansion. most of the time that means being loyal and obedient to whoever's in charge.

but perhaps that's due for a change.

a few lonely days pass by before he finds himself approaching her office. he remembers to knock, not wanting to be subjected to djall's poor training.

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,405 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
SIDELINED
POSTED ON Aug 6, 2022 6:58:13 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lulu"]
[attr="class","top"]

she grew tired, not consuming dreams to the extent that she normally did. going for stretches without eating—not that it was terribly uncommon for her; but something had truly broken. again, maybe, or for the first time, in a new way.[break][break]

the power she’d felt from her torture of only days prior had fizzled out into a grim solemness. as the eye sat in its jar on a shelf, she worked tirelessly, escaping deeper into her theories than ever before, delegating others to tend to the labs.[break][break]

when she heard the knock, her shoulders jumped, and she was pulled through the tunnel of her focus, back into reality.[break][break]

”come in.”[break][break]

her voice held less energy than usual, though hung onto a begrudging tone of annoyance.[break][break]

as always since the bite incident, djall, along with gorgo and the new shadow houndour were asleep on the floor.

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,373 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
SIDELINED
POSTED ON Aug 6, 2022 8:13:46 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","bbb"]"lulu."

though his voice lacks the same level of annoyance as hers, make no mistake that what he still feels what he felt on that day. to leave things like that didn't sit well with him especially when it happened because of certain obligations.

the door closes behind him, making his question more a formality than anything.

"can we talk?"

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,405 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
SIDELINED
POSTED ON Aug 6, 2022 8:38:22 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lulu"]
[attr="class","top"]

she wasn’t expecting him.[break][break]
the pen in her hand stopped. her anxiety rose, and she felt a pang in her chest. there was no anger, only a small frown that had been there for some time now.[break][break]
could they talk? what choice did she have?[break][break]
she set the pen down onto her notes.[break][break]
”of course. what about?”

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,373 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
SIDELINED
POSTED ON Aug 6, 2022 8:50:23 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","bbb"]"that day."

his steps are light as he navigates into her space, wary of waking the sleeping canines. he's grown familiar with her office; knows where most things are and go. it's why he zeroes in on the jar.

"i read about it but i wanted to hear it from you."

he sits, gesturing to the eye.

"what happened?"