awards
2,619 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
skybound [gym]
POSTED ON Aug 15, 2022 22:21:41 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
it has been a minute since she's made her way to fortree. she's not sure what she's expecting, but life going on as normally as it can isn't it. she peeks skyward, but the dense trees only allow a glimpse of the smattered blue sky. down here, she supposes, it's easier to ignore the barrier that encases them. 

or perhaps she ought to lean credit where credit is due - alexei's gym is a staple to this town. the rehabilitation center provides jobs, purpose, life to these folks' lives. 

she states her appointment at the front, waiting, fingertips rolling over the ball of the salamence she'd chosen for this aerial encounter. ori is by far her fastest of her salamence - and by proxy the lithest and smallest. unlike lyune, her feet can touch the ground when mounting him. 

their subtle touch communication is not up to par with her own demands - a match with some stakes to it, she figures, ought to be a good workout. that, and it's been far too long since she's seen her old acquaintance. 
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
skybound [gym]
POSTED ON Aug 16, 2022 19:45:15 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

Thankfully for Freya, it wasn’t Claire she’d met out front—it took him less than five minutes to come out and wave her over.

“Over here!” he called out to her, already waiting at the door that led out back to the open-air arena.

“Sorry to keep you waiting,” he added once she was close enough, allowing her to pass through the door first before he followed behind her, tapping slightly at the ear piece he wore before closing the door shut behind him.

“Where’ve you been?” he went on after he’d followed her outside to the open-sky arena.

“It’s been… it’s been ages since we last talked like this.”

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
i got new love, new skin to wrap myself in
awards
2,619 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
skybound [gym]
POSTED ON Aug 17, 2022 23:22:44 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
that thin line of her lips break when alexei appears. she walks past the threshold into the arena, slowing her walk to match his pace. it really has been ages since they've last seen each other; back then, when things were easier. when the world was a different kind of shit show. 

there is a set way to his jaw, a look in his eyes. years have come upon them in the span of months; that much, she knows, they share in common. hard not to find someone like that anymore. 

"it's quite a long story," she says with a sigh. "but for the first time in a very long time, i feel myself again. how is fortree?" 
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
skybound [gym]
POSTED ON Sept 1, 2022 13:44:49 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“It’s been the same old place you know. Quiet, peaceful—unless you count all the migratory birds coming out and just causing a racket, making noise and raising hell,” he replied with a chuckle.

“Lots of people have been coming by for a challenge. Sometimes the weather helps me out, sometimes it doesn’t.”

Especially when he has one particular obstacle set up but then the rain decides to rip a new one around the area, forcing him to change plans. He’s not a weatherman, after all.

“Have you been busy lately? I—wanted to ask you something.”

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,619 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
skybound [gym]
POSTED ON Sept 3, 2022 19:34:11 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
quiet. peaceful. it sounds nice, albeit unrealistic. despite the approaching doom, people still find reasons to flourish. it makes her ache, to think for so long that she'd given up on them. it's nice to hear alexei talk about his people, though. she's always appreciated his warmth. 

she tilts her head. "in a sense. much of what i've been up to hasn't been under the public eye. i am trying to re-establish relations with the league. oh! have you heard any word from one of the ranger cadets? ? she's helping rehome my dragons that were displaced when sootopolis was taken over."

and then, "oh, what is it?"
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
skybound [gym]
POSTED ON Sept 22, 2022 10:38:21 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

The Ranger talk caught him off-guard for a bit, although… there was this smile on his face at the mention of her own horde of draconids.

“I could ask my friend about it, him being one of the Head Rangers and all. I’ll find out about it sooner or later, now that you mentioned it. You said—rehoming your dragons? All of them?”

That… well, if he had more than thirty Toucannon that currently took up residence in one of the aviaries further down on the Sanctuary grounds, imagine how many draconids flying through the skies were.

What a sight to see, really.

“Oh! About that. I wanted to ask… do you know anyone who can… teach me archery?”

That was embarrassing to admit, but well, there we go.

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,619 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
skybound [gym]
POSTED ON Sept 24, 2022 19:06:27 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
"yes," she says with a lopsided grin. "all of them." alexei's political hand looms much larger than fortree. he may very well be one of the league's longest-standing gym leaders. and for very good reason. if there's anyone she wants at her side when the time comes to take her home back, alexei is at the top of her list. 

but that's neither here nor there, at the moment. 

she looks at him, bewildered, and then laughs. "i happen to have known the top archer in the region." her smile is wistful, sad. "but she's since passed. her daughter freya, however, comes close to claiming that title." 

her bow is packed away at the moment, disassembled in lyune's saddle. it hasn't been too long since she's taken it out for practice, but long enough that she needs some warming up. 

"i'd be happy to teach you if you'd like, but i must ask - why?"
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
skybound [gym]
POSTED ON Oct 2, 2022 15:40:17 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“A simple reason—due to certain reasons, close-quarters isn’t exactly allowed to me. I’m looking for a way to be more of—covering fire from either the sidelines or the rearguard. That kind of thing,” he hummed as he reached for one of the two chains he wore under his shirt.

And then it sinks in.

“Wait—wait. Hold up, can you teach me? Like, after we’re done?” he asked her, looking over just to make sure he heard right.

Then a crackling noise cuts him off, from the earpiece he’s wearing. “One moment,” he apologized, turning around.

“So. What’s it gonna be?”

“Four.”

“Four? Wait, when was the last time you brought that out?”

“A long time, Jack, so… yes, it’s going to be four.”

Once that little exchange was done, he turned back to face her, whistle still in hand.

“Let me call my mount.”

Exactly one whistled note later, a large shadow cut overhead, circling before coming to a landing close to where they stood—it was his own Salamence, Gabriel. At the same time, the weather just above and beyond them turned dark—before a chilly wind started to blow their way.

“Okay, so. First half of your challenge is weather navigation, and… looks like it’s going to get pretty chilly. All we have to do is to fly through this blizzard, and meet out on the other side. Oh, and beware—it’s not going to be easy riding. Obstacles abound up there, too.”

He ran his hands over his Salamence’s neck, who then sniffed at Freya for a bit and found a familiar scent all over her.

“He can tell that the aura of one of his kind is all over you,” he explained as he handed the other a pair of goggles. “In case you don’t have one of your own,” he added before getting onto the draconid’s back.

“See you on the other side of the storm!” he shouted as he flew straight into the brewing snow storm, a bit of a head start.

qSc9rMHt

Hail is in effect (1 / 5)!

→ either match or exceed the total of Alex’s rolls to avoid the first obstacle in the snowstorm!

·
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,619 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
skybound [gym]
POSTED ON Oct 8, 2022 16:42:33 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
she smiles amusedly when it hits him and is about to open her mouth to respond that yes, of course she will teach him, but then he turns around to tend to other matters. she doesn't mind in the least. 

it doesn't surprise her to see that his chosen mount is gabriel. that amused grin turns into a wide-brimmed smile as he alights. her cheeks puff when he comes in with a forked tongue to catch her scent. finding her agreeable, she looks back up and gratefully takes the offered goggles. 

"see you on the other side," she calls at his back. 

with alexei gone, she's quick to release ori. her feet nearly touch the ground with how small the dragon is and it's an odd sensation. she hunkers down against the small salamence and pats his neck. 

"you're fast, ori, but you're going to have to pay attention. we don't know what's waiting for us in there." he shuffles from side to side and then at her spurring, leaps forward. after bounding once, twice, his hind legs flex powerfully and launch him high enough into the air where his wings can snap open. 

freya pulls the goggles down over her eyes and grimaces as the cold knifes through her. she'd worn nothing but a light sweater. the hail pings off of ori's scales, but they'll have to fly quickly before he too succumbs to the frigid storm.

e_MULOvP
·
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
skybound [gym]
POSTED ON Nov 12, 2022 16:06:34 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

While they’d flown ahead to have a head start, the weather wasn’t going to be going easy on them too because—

For one thing, they both had draconid mounts, and the Dragon-type was notoriously weak to this and one-other type…

So even they had to make it to the other side of the snowstorm as quickly as they could or risk becoming flying popsicles as well.

“Geez, they really brought down the hail,” he chuckled quietly—very sure that whoever was at the operations control tower could hear his mutterings to himself as the howling wind and pounding Hail intensified throughout.

Not too far behind, the buffeting winds would force Miss Freya and her own Salamence off-course—while Alexei and his own Salamence were still visible (for now), the thickening snowfall would prove to be a challenge to fly through!

Both of them hoped that they had a way to stay warm as a loud, clear noise cut through the howling wind—before a wayward burst of ice and snow came lashing out at the smaller Salamence and his rider!

Things were about to get pretty chilly, indeed…

D1yLpxvI

Hail is in effect (2 / 5)!

→ roll lower than the total of Alex’s rolls to avoid the next obstacle in the snowstorm!

·
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,619 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
skybound [gym]
POSTED ON Nov 14, 2022 2:56:46 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
freya draws her sweater over her chapped hands, swearing neatly under her breath. she hunkers close to ori's neck. all she can hear are the heavy thwumps of his wings and the pinging of hail off of his scales. even with the goggles on, visibility is nigh impossible. and from the way ori is moving, she can tell he's beginning to panic. 

"steady, ori. steady!" she calls as he veers off course, claws flexing with anxiety. a bout of flame bursts from his maw, releasing a cloud of fog as he instantly melts and consequently evaporates the hail around them. 

the whistling comes out of nowhere and before she can react, ori ducks his right wing and rolls to attempt to evade whatever is coming towards them.

rOr1gX4d
·
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
skybound [gym]
POSTED ON Jan 5, 2023 6:46:50 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“You know, when the boss says bring it all out, he means it!”

“Jack, don’t tell me this is just the pansy-level weather?!”

“Kind of.”

“How’s that supposed to be a challenge?!”

Thankfully, on Miss Freya’s end of the challenge skillful navigation (and critical timing) avoided a wipeout from hitting them and lagging further behind. After all, Alexei only did say to meet him on the other side of the storm—using the fire to heat the nearby air was a good idea, but how long would they be able to do that without exhaustion setting in?

The next deluge of snow would come as quietly as it did—no warning sound at all—and this time it was coming from the bottom, not from the top as per usual. A sudden burst of icicle-like stalagmites would threaten to unseat both of them—should they not swerve out of the way in time!

Over where Alexei himself was flying, thick shards of ice came hurtling out of the clouds above him, threatening to turn him into a popsicle if he wasn’t caref—

“Holy shit Jack, you’re nuts!” he screamed over the earpiece, and only got a maniacal laugh from the other staffer in answer.

hqNqSGEk

Hail is in effect (3 / 5)!

→ roll higher than the total of Alex’s rolls to avoid the next obstacle in the snowstorm!

·
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,619 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
skybound [gym]
POSTED ON Jan 10, 2023 0:52:12 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

they narrowly avoided the last onslaught of show and the exhaustion is evident in ori's movements. the dragon isn't built for endurance, but his steady wingbeats are a testament to his will. his tail knifes through the air to compensate for his grasping claws and heaving breaths. 

he expels another bout of flame, but freya leans into him and noses him down. the relief is short-lived for his aching muscles yet his second wind comes strong. spittle flies from his mouth, freezing as it flies behind them. he uses his breath and his concentration on navigating through the storm rather than trying to melt his way through it. 

a newfound respect for alexei and his gym nettles her skin. she flattens herself as much as she can against ori's cold scales and urges him through the next obstacle.

mP1Lbs|L
·
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
skybound [gym]
POSTED ON Jan 13, 2023 13:20:59 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

He could tell that Gabriel was already protesting because of the cold, but that was the crux of it all.

The good news here was that the snowstorm looked to be thinning, somewhat—even though the smaller Salamence that was tailing behind them was tiring, the sheer testament that the other was displaying gained much respect from the Salamence that Alexei was riding.

The wind relented somewhat, clearing their fields of vision respectively. He knew that he was so close to the other side—and so was Miss Freya.

The snow continued to howl around them, however the harsh winds from earlier had abated—a moment of restment, and a chance for them to catch up!

“Go, Gabe, we’re almost there! Sorry I have to put you through this,” he whispered, rubbing his own Salamence’s neck as he heard hissing before the thrumming of wingbeats propelled them forward.

H835OeD4

Hail is in effect (4 / 5)!

→ roll lower than the total of Alex’s rolls to avoid the next obstacle in the snowstorm!

·
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,619 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
skybound [gym]
POSTED ON Jan 18, 2023 6:08:50 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
unfortunately for the little dragon, his stamina fails him. another blast comes at them from the side, pelting them with hail. it leaves nettled bruises on her skin, soaks her to the bone, but worst is the wind that whips through her as ori nosedives, wings limp like tattered sails. 

freya swears and tightens her legs around him. her fingers are shaking, numb from the cold, and her eyes water. but she finds the spot where a few of his scales had been pulled in a previous battle and she digs her fingernails into his tough flesh. 

he comes to, writhing and roaring, and after twisting over himself, snaps his wings back open. he orients, neck craning back to snap at his rider, but he gets his wits about him when she snarls. 

"up, ori. up. finish this." he obeys, claws tearing through the air as he pumps himself up higher and back into the storm. 

US6pPCp5
·