1,174 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
by the dawn [s, c]
POSTED ON Aug 16, 2022 16:35:22 GMT
Guillermo Marceliño Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]
Sibella drops him at the Sanctuary and takes off, leaving Memo without the slightest idea of how he’s going to call her back. She’s got a weird sixth sense, though; must be from being a bat.

He supposes she’s probably glad to be rid of him and all the extra weight-- the massive bags filled with frozen treats he’s carting, the results of two grocery stores, three Asian food markets, and every gas station or quick-stop between Slateport and Fortree. There’s cartons of ice cream, every assortment of candy from sour gummies to chocolate, Taiyaki, and probably twice his weight in mochi.

He’d spent more money than he’d ever care to think about, but it was all worth it.

‘I’d knock,’ he texts , moving across the screen with his thumb, the only free part of him that isn’t weighed down in plastic bags, ‘but my hands are full. Help a brother out.’

[newclass=.samcam] [/newclass][newclass=.samcam b] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam i] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,044 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
by the dawn [s, c]
POSTED ON Aug 16, 2022 16:46:08 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

Kyouya the Braviary, on the other hand, kept his beady little eyes affixed on the fleeing Noivern that had just dropped off a very familiar ‘guest’ right at the doorstep of the flat where his crazy human called ‘home’.

The Braviary was literally, legitimately, perched atop the roof of the flat and was giving Memo this ‘what the hell are you doing’ look, weighed down with so many plastic bags of… human-related things, he supposed.

A singular loud screech from the avian announced that there was someone at the door.

Inside…

Alexei had just gotten back from Evergrande and was literally fucking seething at the seams because of… because of what had just gone down!

Right at the same time he heard Kyou’s familiar screeching from outside, his phone went off.

‘Mother of Djinni, did you buy out an entire store?!’

He then sent the reply before running over to the front door and opening it, still flushed from the return journey. He’d only been back for the past… twenty minutes or so.

At least he hadn’t gotten the vodka out yet.

close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
it gets lonely in this gangster's paradise
awards
1,174 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
by the dawn [s, c]
POSTED ON Aug 16, 2022 19:36:09 GMT
[attr="class","samcam"]
Okay, Kyouya scared the everloving shit out of him. The only reason he didn’t drop everything he was carrying was that the plastic handles were looped around his arms from shoulder to wrist.

“You a--,” he cleared his throat, then looked up, flashing his winningest grin. “Hey, bud.”

His phone went off but he didn’t get to read it before Alex opened the door and Memo’s heart sped up at the sight of his favorite person. His smile turned goofy and he held up his multitudinous offerings. He hadn't forgotten the distressed phone call, but god, Memo got so happy to see .

“I come bearing gifts,” he announced, holding his arms up as much as he could with all the extra weight in frozen snacks pinning him down. He had to turn himself sideways to wedge in the door. “You okay? You were pissed on the phone.”

[newclass=.samcam] [/newclass][newclass=.samcam b] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam i] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,044 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
by the dawn [s, c]
POSTED ON Aug 16, 2022 20:03:20 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

The Braviary affixed his stare with one beady eye before the door opened and the other was ushered in.

He was lucky, this time.

“I can clearly see that,” he remarked, as the other had literally gone and delivered. Just how much did the other spend on all the frozen treats?!

Noodle arms aside, he then reached for half of what the other was carrying.

“Come on, hand it over, I have to throw some of these in the freezer,” he added as he waved at some of the plastic bags, wondering where the taiyaki was.

And then…

Ah.

“Pissed… you have no idea how fucking pissed I was earlier,” he continued, the mood changing all of a sudden as he began placing some of the bags in the freezer, while rooting through some of the others and finding the fish-shaped ice cream snacks and immediately ripping the wrapper of one open without even blinking and taking a big bite.

close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
awards
1,174 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
by the dawn [s, c]
POSTED ON Aug 21, 2022 22:12:09 GMT
[attr="class","samcam"]
Memo let Alex take part of the haul over to the refrigerator as he sits himself at the kitchen island, placing the remainder of the bags on the counter. He starts to unpack them-- cartons of ice cream, multiple flavors of Taiyaki and mochi, bomb pops, chocolate drumsticks, ice cream bars, the whole spectrum of frozen sweets, as well as candy bars and sour gummies. He tries to place them in some semblance of order.

“I know you want to stress eat sweets, but have you non-stress eaten real food today?” he asked, lining up a box with the edge of the counter. “Do I need to make you a real dinner?” It’s said with love, though Memo knows it will probably just be some version of spruced-up ramen.

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,044 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
by the dawn [s, c]
POSTED ON Aug 21, 2022 22:33:37 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

The next taiyaki was gone, the fish-tail having just disappeared into Alexei’s mouth as he turned around and saw that the rest of the frozen, sweet bounty had been spread out for him to fix and get into the freezer.

“Oh, sweet, you got the rest of it all out,” he said as he swiped another taiyaki from the lineup and ripped the wrapper open, decapitating the fish without absolutely any mercy at all. Then he realized that the other might be hungry, so—

“What’re you staring around for? Get something to eat!” he continued as he picked up the remaining ice cream cartons and shoved them into the freezer, trying to play a real-life game of Tetris with the rest of the contents of the freezer while working on the poor, decapitated, fish-shaped ice cream sandwich.

While he was busy rearranging the contents of said freezer, his brow furrowed.

“I… haven’t eaten. Today. At least. I just… kind of went there, before my bravado deserted me.”

There was a frown on his face as he mentioned that, demolishing the taiyaki in another inhale as he returned to Tetris more ice cream cartons into the freezer.

close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
awards
1,174 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
by the dawn [s, c]
POSTED ON Aug 21, 2022 23:37:23 GMT
[attr="class","samcam"]
Memo could do little but stare as Alex set about demolishing the contents of about six store’s worth of industrial freezers. He had to cover a giggle as it threatened to escape his mouth, watching the very-full icebox get even more stocked up.

“You have-- oh, my god.” He pushed off the stool and fought for a spot at the fridge, using his small stature to sneak in and then box Alex out of the way. “At least let me make you a sandwich, or something. The human body needs sustenance, Alex.”

Eventually he shoved a box of taiyaki into Alex’s arms and pointed away. “You-- go. Sit. Tell me why you’re so upset. I’ll just bring you stuff when you need refills.” And then he busied himself getting things out for a sandwich.

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,044 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
by the dawn [s, c]
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2022 0:11:07 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“Wha—hey!” he yelped, realizing that he’d been boxed out by a manlet who’d decided to take charge before shoving an entire box of taiyaki ice cream into his hands and then telling him to sit down.

Him, sit down? In his own flat? Really, Memo?!

“I’m sure… I’m sure you know about that stupid meteor that’s headed this region’s way, right? The one caused by the barrier’s fucking appearance,” he savagely began, ripping the box open and grabbing the first taiyaki-shaped ice cream sandwich he saw.

Not even blinking, he didn’t care what flavor he’d found—he’d just rip the packaging open and then begin eating like his entire life depended on it.

“You thought my position as a Gym Leader gives me access to information? Well, guess what—not everything comes in good packages.”

Rip, tear, chew, beheaded taiyaki. Gone.

Another package opened, another ice cream fish-shaped sandwich destroyed to keep his foul mood from physically manifesting.

close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
awards
1,174 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
by the dawn [s, c]
POSTED ON Aug 28, 2022 18:23:13 GMT
[attr="class","samcam"]
Despite his protests, Alex relented, begrudgingly taking the box of ice creams and going to sit at the kitchen island. Placated, Memo set about getting stuff out for a sandwich, once more amazed at how well stocked Alex’s kitchen was for a guy who didn’t eat anything besides ice cream and baked goods.

“Honey, I’m gay, not blind, deaf, or senile,” he said, snickering as he sliced off four slices of bread (fresh bread, because Alex was a baker), “of course I know about the meteor.”

It felt good to say that.

He listened to Alex talk, pausingly briefly, knife in hand.

“Small packages,” he said, thinking, “it’s good things come in small packages.” He shook his head, finding the deli meat. “Anyway.”

Mayo, mustard, turkey, salami, pepperoni. Onion, definitely. Oh, provolone!

“By good packages I take it you got bad news?” he asked, slicing the sandwiches on the diagonal before sliding Alex’s place across the island. “Do you have potato chips?”

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,044 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
by the dawn [s, c]
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2022 3:06:44 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“Pretty much,” was his next answer—already halfway through destroying another taiyaki ice cream sandwich. This one was… sweet bean flavored? He didn’t know, he didn’t care, he was just so fucking pissed at himself how he hated that—

“Well, apparently someone doesn’t believe in alternate plans,” he began next after the unfortunate taiyaki had been devoured and he reached for another one—but stopped because Memo asked him for potato chips.

“I always have potato chips ready. Look over there,” he pointed with the still-wrapped taiyaki pack he was holding. “It’s the middle cabinet. That’s where I keep all my snacks.”

(A.k.a., all the potato chips and salted goods he loved to snack on when he was feeling fucking lazy and didn’t want to cook.)

“So…yeah. Alternate plans? From the top brass on how to handle the meteor, asides from what the general public knows? None. Nada.”

close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
awards
1,174 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
by the dawn [s, c]
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2022 19:25:43 GMT
[attr="class","samcam"]
Memo ignored the defensive streak in Alex’s voice because the guy was upset and he definitely wasn’t trying to take it out on him; he just rooted through the directed cabinet, found the potato chips, and tossed them on the counter.

“That’s… unfortunate,” he said, eventually, sitting down to eat.

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,044 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
by the dawn [s, c]
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2022 19:29:28 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“And get this,” he remarked around the taiyaki he was already destroying while the other had retrieved the potato chips from the aforementioned cabinet—

“The sea bitch came up again. I just—I just fucking remembered my conversation with… with Councilman .”

The intense, angy angry angery chewing came to a stop.

“Apparently… the sea bitch had done something… and now… ugh, it’s just a fucking mess!” he grumbled as he completely destroyed the taiyaki and finally went to attacking the sandwich.

Of course the sandwich contained onions. He was not surprised.

close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
awards
1,174 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
by the dawn [s, c]
POSTED ON Sept 5, 2022 2:34:54 GMT
[attr="class","samcam"]
Alex struck a pose with his Taiyaki when he said and get this, elbow on the table, gesticulating wildly with the beheaded chocolate ice cream fish. Memo set his own chin in his palm and waited with a slightly raised eyebrow.

What Alex was explaining, though, was not entirely coherent, so Memo’s raised eyebrow turned into furrowed ones.

“What do you mean?”

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,044 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
by the dawn [s, c]
POSTED ON Sept 8, 2022 5:47:11 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“So apparently those… sea people, or whatever, I think that’s what mentioned, are after us here because someone promised them… Phiones.”

Yes, Phiones plural, not singular.

“And there is no way in fucking hell I am giving Zelle up to anyone that easily. You know this,” he grumbled as he attacked the taiyaki once more, completely decimating it in another inhale—

Okay, whoops, maybe taking a bite of dessert after a bite of the sandwich was a bad idea but did he care? Hell no.

“I’ve seen… well, those sea-Pokémon. They’re rather… resilient. Didn’t go down easily to a Thunderbolt. Damnit.”

close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
awards
1,174 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
by the dawn [s, c]
POSTED ON Sept 8, 2022 12:57:25 GMT
[attr="class","samcam"]
“Oh,” he said, pausing mid-raise of chip to mouth. His stomach pulsed a little bit, an undercurrent of fear, but then it faded, soothed by the sheer absurdity of the notion. There was no way in heaven or hell either of them was going to give up Zelle.

They’d burn Hoenn down first.

"Well, that’s not going to happen. Fuck’em.” Concerns dismissed with a wave of his hand.