Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,317 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Rest in Trees [M]
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2022 15:57:18 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullhover"]

[attr="class","skullimg"]

[attr="class","skulltitle"]導通抵抗
[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]For a place called the Tree of Life, what Isaac was standing before now seemed to be anything but.[break][break]

What Isaac saw now could only be described as a basin within a basin. Sootopolis was already basically a giant hole of a city nestled within the towering salt cliffs of Hoenn. Now that hole had a hole in it, a gaping wound in the landscape that had been torn from Sootopolis' heart in its darkest hour.[break][break]

To think Cyberspace had been bad enough. Indignation still burned in Isaac's heart at the mere thought of that night, and ultimately it was a farce. Everyone came out okay on the other side (albeit, at what cost?) There was no bloodshed, no loss, no pain (at least, not that showed.) Nobody had died (though had they experienced something worse?) They went into a digital hell, and then life went on.[break][break]

This wasn't like that in the slightest. Pokemon died in droves, to the point where any lucky enough to have remains needed mass graves. Human lives, too, had been lost forever. Nearly every city in Hoenn had a memorial commemorating those who had grown up there and died at the hands of a monstrosity from Arceus-knows-where, doing Arceus-knows-what, for Arceus-knows-why.[break][break]

Isaac would rather let that douchebag scientist make his brain into a plaything than ever experience the horrors that had unfolded here. He could only hope that what happened here today would never, ever happen again.[break][break]

Still, perhaps it was fitting that he came here on his first visit to Sootopolis in recemt memory. This was the centerpiece of Rocket's territory, the closest thing they had to a home besides the sub. They were no strangers to blood, and not always due to the outside intervention of a giant space monster. It'd do Isaac well to remember that.

[break][break]

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]MOBILE POST /

[attr="class","skullcredits"]TAIKO!

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody b]color:#d9b800;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Pilo1

B
He/Him
July 9th
Little Root
Gay
Beast
Rocket Beast
Priam conrad
nappy pals
637 height
637 height
Well if it's war that you want then you got it, if it's pain then I got what you need.
awards
1,662 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bryan
bryan delarosa
Rest in Trees [M]
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2022 17:14:23 GMT
bryan delarosa Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","bryanpog3"]
[attr="class","bryanpog3-big-img"]

[attr="class","bryanpog3-1"]
[attr="class","bryanpog3-title"]
MORE HUMAN[break]THAN HUMAN

[attr="class","bryanpog3-tagged"]

[attr="class","bryanpog3-subtitle"]
I HOPE YOU KNOW WE HAD EVERYTHING. WHEN YOU BROKE ME AND LEFT THESE PIECES.

[attr="class","bryanpog3-pkmn"]

[attr="class","bryanpog3-post"]

[attr="class","bryanpog3-icon"]

In the middle of the giant chasm left by the absence of the tree, Isaac's eyes would eventually fall upon a man he knew but did not recognize. [break][break]

He stood there, staring at the floor silently. He was lost deep in though, wondering what became of @soleil's body as Necrozma consumed the tree entirely. Did she exist elsewhere? Was she consumed by the tree, actually gone forever? [break][break]

There were so many questions but it was impossible for him to go and find those answers as Necrozma was gone. He hadn't yet noticed Isaac being behind him, he was too focused on staring at the ground and silently grieving.

[attr="class","bryanpog3-bot-1"]

notes about this post

Notes go here
[attr="class","bryanpog3-bot"]

[googlefont=Poppins:700,800][googlefont=Hind:400,700][googlefont=VT323:400]
[newclass=.bryanpog3]background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:25px;border:solid 3px #363636;border-radius:10px;width:500px;margin:25px auto;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right;}.bryanpog3-big-img { height:0px;mix-blend-mode:lighten; }.bryanpog3-big-img img { height:250px;width:325px;margin:-25px 0px 0px 200px;border-radius:0px 10px 0px 10px; }.bryanpog3-1 { position:relative;min-height:400px;border-radius:5px;padding:34px; }.bryanpog3-title { font:800 40px Poppins;line-height:35px;text-transform:uppercase;color:#df4567;width:165px;overflow:hidden;white-space:nowrap;letter-spacing:-.35px; }.bryanpog3-title div { position:absolute;margin-top:-70px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:165px;color:#2b2b2b;text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #eeeeee; }.bryanpog3-title div span { display:block;margin-left:-165px; }.bryanpog3-tagged { background-color:#272727;padding:0px 9px;height:28px;border:solid 1px #232323;overflow:hidden;border-radius:5px;margin:15px 285px 17px 0px;font:800 10px Poppins;line-height:10px;text-transform:uppercase;text-align:center;letter-spacing:.35px; }.bryanpog3-tagged a { font:800 10px Poppins!important;line-height:28px!important;text-decoration:none;color:#999999!important;display:block;transition:.3s all; }.bryanpog3-tagged a:hover { color:#df4567!important; }.bryanpog3-subtitle { padding-right:285px;font:bold 10px Hind;line-height:10px;text-align:justify;color:#606060;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:.5px; }.bryanpog3-pkmn { margin:30px 0px 25px 0px;display:grid;grid-template-columns:auto auto auto auto auto auto;gap:10px;width:100%; }.bryanpog3-pkmn div { border:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#272727;height:60px;border-radius:5px;display:flex;flex-direction:column;align-items:center;justify-content:center;cursor:pointer; }.bryanpog3-pkmn div img { display:block;transition:.3s all;filter:grayscale(100%) contrast(75%); }.bryanpog3-pkmn div:hover img { filter:grayscale(0%) contrast(100%); }.bryanpog3-post { color:#dbdbdb;font:12px Hind;line-height:19px;letter-spacing:.25px;text-align:justify; }.bryanpog3-post i { color:#df4567; }.bryanpog3-post b { color:#df4567;font:700 12px Poppins;line-height:17px; }.bryanpog3-icon { float:left; padding:14px;border:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#303030;height:80px;width:80px;border-radius:5px;margin:0px 25px 5px 0px; }.bryanpog3-icon img { height:80px;width:80px;border-radius:3px;}.bryanpog3-bot { height:109px;width:109px;padding:0px 0px 26px 26px;background-color:#2b2b2b;border-radius:0px 10px 0px 10px;margin:-110px 0px -25px -25px;display:flex;justify-content:center;align-items:center;color:#dbdbdb;font-size:45px; }.bryanpog3-bot-1 { margin-top:30px;font:12px Hind;line-height:16px;color:#dbdbdb;height:75px; }.bryanpog3-bot-1 h1 { margin:0px;border:solid 1px #232323;border-radius:5px;background-color:#272727;font:800 10px Poppins;line-height:10px;padding:9px;color:#df4567;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:.35px;max-width:fit-content;margin-bottom:10px; }.bryanpog3-bot-1 div { height:49px;overflow:auto;text-align:justify;padding-right:15px;color:#a3a3a3;text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #2b2b2b; }.bryanpog3-bot-1 div::-webkit-scrollbar { background:transparent!important;border:none!important;width:8px; }.bryanpog3-bot-1 div::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb { background-color:#df4567!important;border:solid 1px #232323!important;border-radius:5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,317 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Rest in Trees [M]
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2022 17:35:48 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]Huh. There was something oddly familiar about this man. Isaac couldn't place his features right away, but he was certain that he'd seen them before. There was a presence about him, too. A power, or perhaps a vibe, that Isaac had experienced firsthand. It was on the tip of his tongue, but what could it possibly mean? And why would a figure like this be so deep in the ruins of the Tree of Life, this far into Rocket territory?[break][break]

Wait.[break][break]

Familiar.[break][break]

Rocket.[break][break]

Life.[break][break]

Holy shit. Was that Bryan's dad?[break][break]

He seemed lost and listless, walking through Life's ruins with his head down. There's no way anything happened to Bryan, right? The guy was a Beast and an immortal. If anything happened to him, they'd say something, right? Even the most callous Rockets would mourn the loss of such an asset. Even the monsters would lament their hold on Xerneas being jeopardized. No, no. He had to be okay. So who wasn't? And why was this man wandering this hole, instead of an actual memorial?[break][break]

He tried to think of something, anything to say. But he could only manage a quiet, concerned "Hey. Are you okay?"

[break][break]

[break]

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Pilo1

B
He/Him
July 9th
Little Root
Gay
Beast
Rocket Beast
Priam conrad
nappy pals
637 height
637 height
Well if it's war that you want then you got it, if it's pain then I got what you need.
awards
1,662 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bryan
bryan delarosa
Rest in Trees [M]
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2022 19:25:29 GMT
bryan delarosa Avatar
[nospaces]

A shout brought him back to reality. [break][break]

He turned around, seeing calling out to him asking if he is alright. "Oh." he says before shouting back.[break][break]

"YO ISAAC, i'm fine!" he says as bryan spoke with a tone of familiarity as he began to walk upwards out of the pit and towards the man, extending his hand to dap him up since he had worked with Bryan in the past. [break][break]

He begins to talk to him. "I've never seen you in sootopolis before, what brings you here?" he asks as he was curious about what exactly brought him here.

notes about this post

Notes go here

[newclass=.bryanpog3]background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:25px;border:solid 3px #363636;border-radius:10px;width:500px;margin:25px auto;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right;}.bryanpog3-big-img { height:0px;mix-blend-mode:lighten; }.bryanpog3-big-img img { height:250px;width:325px;margin:-25px 0px 0px 200px;border-radius:0px 10px 0px 10px; }.bryanpog3-1 { position:relative;min-height:400px;border-radius:5px;padding:34px; }.bryanpog3-title { font:800 40px Poppins;line-height:35px;text-transform:uppercase;color:#df4567;width:165px;overflow:hidden;white-space:nowrap;letter-spacing:-.35px; }.bryanpog3-title div { position:absolute;margin-top:-70px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:165px;color:#2b2b2b;text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #eeeeee; }.bryanpog3-title div span { display:block;margin-left:-165px; }.bryanpog3-tagged { background-color:#272727;padding:0px 9px;height:28px;border:solid 1px #232323;overflow:hidden;border-radius:5px;margin:15px 285px 17px 0px;font:800 10px Poppins;line-height:10px;text-transform:uppercase;text-align:center;letter-spacing:.35px; }.bryanpog3-tagged a { font:800 10px Poppins!important;line-height:28px!important;text-decoration:none;color:#999999!important;display:block;transition:.3s all; }.bryanpog3-tagged a:hover { color:#df4567!important; }.bryanpog3-subtitle { padding-right:285px;font:bold 10px Hind;line-height:10px;text-align:justify;color:#606060;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:.5px; }.bryanpog3-pkmn { margin:30px 0px 25px 0px;display:grid;grid-template-columns:auto auto auto auto auto auto;gap:10px;width:100%; }.bryanpog3-pkmn div { border:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#272727;height:60px;border-radius:5px;display:flex;flex-direction:column;align-items:center;justify-content:center;cursor:pointer; }.bryanpog3-pkmn div img { display:block;transition:.3s all;filter:grayscale(100%) contrast(75%); }.bryanpog3-pkmn div:hover img { filter:grayscale(0%) contrast(100%); }.bryanpog3-post { color:#dbdbdb;font:12px Hind;line-height:19px;letter-spacing:.25px;text-align:justify; }.bryanpog3-post i { color:#df4567; }.bryanpog3-post b { color:#df4567;font:700 12px Poppins;line-height:17px; }.bryanpog3-icon { float:left; padding:14px;border:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#303030;height:80px;width:80px;border-radius:5px;margin:0px 25px 5px 0px; }.bryanpog3-icon img { height:80px;width:80px;border-radius:3px;}.bryanpog3-bot { height:109px;width:109px;padding:0px 0px 26px 26px;background-color:#2b2b2b;border-radius:0px 10px 0px 10px;margin:-110px 0px -25px -25px;display:flex;justify-content:center;align-items:center;color:#dbdbdb;font-size:45px; }.bryanpog3-bot-1 { margin-top:30px;font:12px Hind;line-height:16px;color:#dbdbdb;height:75px; }.bryanpog3-bot-1 h1 { margin:0px;border:solid 1px #232323;border-radius:5px;background-color:#272727;font:800 10px Poppins;line-height:10px;padding:9px;color:#df4567;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:.35px;max-width:fit-content;margin-bottom:10px; }.bryanpog3-bot-1 div { height:49px;overflow:auto;text-align:justify;padding-right:15px;color:#a3a3a3;text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #2b2b2b; }.bryanpog3-bot-1 div::-webkit-scrollbar { background:transparent!important;border:none!important;width:8px; }.bryanpog3-bot-1 div::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb { background-color:#df4567!important;border:solid 1px #232323!important;border-radius:5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,317 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Rest in Trees [M]
POSTED ON Aug 31, 2022 4:22:06 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]Oh. So that was Bryan. Wait, no, that didn't make any sense. He saw the dude maybe a month or two ago, but now he looked years older. What the heck just happened? Between that and the way he was staring a hole into the (already hole-y, for that matter!) ground, Isaac was sure something was up.[break][break]

He didn't let his suspicions distract him from dapping back, though. Respect the dap, even when your acquaintance slash boss suddenly looks like he's been spit out of a time warp.[break][break]

Bryan said he was fine, at least. That helped. It didn't explain shit, but it helped. "Glad to hear," Isaac said, grinning a little. "Hey, you do something different with your hair? Looks-" Don't say old don't say old don't say old don't say old don't say old-![break][break]

"Dignified." Phew. Nice save.[break][break]

That said, Bryan's question was an equally good one. "I figure there's still a lot I need to learn," Isaac admitted. He could see it all flashing through his mind. That asshole of a scientist who fiddled with their brains until he walked towards his own desths. The two times he found himself staring death straight in the eye. The devastatiom wrought by Rocket and the League warring across the region. Now, here, the even worse destruction wrought by beings lightyears ahead of their petty feuds. "About Hoenn. Rocket. Pokemon. Legends. Everything."[break][break]

He looked towards the expanse of pure emptiness that stretched out before him. "It's . . . kinda terrifying, huh?"

[break][break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Pilo1

B
He/Him
July 9th
Little Root
Gay
Beast
Rocket Beast
Priam conrad
nappy pals
637 height
637 height
awards
1,662 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bryan
bryan delarosa
Rest in Trees [M]
POSTED ON Sept 5, 2022 5:06:03 GMT
bryan delarosa Avatar
[nospaces]

Isaac was a bit...shorter than he remembered. [break][break]

"Oh. Yeah." he says suddenly "Time distortion shit, I'm 29 now." he replies as he was still annoyed by it but undoing it was impossible it seemed. Still, those things were so fierce not even Xerneas stood up to it..it scared him. [break][break]

"It wasn't like this until rather..recently, and by recently like 3-4 years." he says as he grew up here. "Still no idea why it decided to all go to hell. It makes things move...kind of quickly, we had to adapt. Like the tree of life suddenly up and turning into a monster." he groans as it was really fucking annoying that he was powerless to do anything.

notes about this post

Notes go here

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,317 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Rest in Trees [M]
POSTED ON Sept 5, 2022 17:20:24 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]Damn. He just got hurled through time to the end of his 20s, huh? That wasn't a fate Isaac would wish on anyone. This was supposed to be the prime of your life, the chance to take the world by storm! Not to get hit by a time rift because Dialga was sleeping on the job.[break][break]

Wait. Dialga. That's it![break][break]

"You said this started a few years ago?" Isaac asked. "I saw something in Cyberspace. Back when a bunch of us were spirited away by some dickbag scientist. He showed us a vision of Hoenn's present, and Dialga and Palkia were there. They were being restrained by these big, golden chain-hands, as if being held back by something bigger than any of us."[break][break]

It was a long shot. Isaac knew that if he wasn't right, he'd probably sound crazy. Then again, he was far from the only person that had been subject to AndhisnameisJohnCena's cruel machinations. Both high-ranking League and Rocket officials had gathered there as well. Surely, what had happened had been reported by now, right? "Do you think that's why this is happening?" Isaac asked. "Either because it's too trapped to watch over time, or because it's struggles to get out are tearing it apart?"[break][break]

Of course, there was a lot of shit going on in Hoenn these days. If it wasn't Dialga's restraints tearing the timestream apart, it could've been the Megalopian invasion. Or it could've been the Ultra Beasts tearing the fabric between dimensions apart. Or it could've been Sea Hoenn doing the same.[break][break]

Man. This sucked. Why'd they have to be the disaster capital of the world?

[break][break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Pilo1

B
He/Him
July 9th
Little Root
Gay
Beast
Rocket Beast
Priam conrad
nappy pals
637 height
637 height
awards
1,662 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bryan
bryan delarosa
Rest in Trees [M]
POSTED ON Sept 6, 2022 3:03:21 GMT
bryan delarosa Avatar
[nospaces]

"Well when I reference like.. 'this' I meant like legendries just popping up out of nowhere and casting judgment or like making avatars and stuff."[break][break]

As Isaac tells Bryan all about the events that transpired during cyberchase Bryan seemed lost in thought "No idea honestly. I'm not the smartest person in the world when it comes to that stuff. I'm a simple guy, I see an enemy? I punch them." he says [break][break]

"If anything, it just proves that things aren't as simple as they used to be. Something changed to cause the pokemon to act like this, be it ultra space, the presence of rocket in Hoenn, hell. Maybe its just cause they all felt like it." something shifted the balance that was one present, but who or what did that? [break][break]

All he knew was that due to that balance shifting he had lost something the most precious to him and gained something invaluable. He was powerless to change it. "Have you...uh lost someone...before." he asked wondering if Isaac had advice on how to grieve

notes about this post

Notes go here

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,317 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Rest in Trees [M]
POSTED ON Sept 6, 2022 4:01:33 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]Oh. Isaac had taken the moving quickly and growing thing a bit literally, it seemed. But with the conversation wandering to timey-wimey bullshit, could anyone really blame him? That said, he wasn't wrong. "Yeah. You're right," Isaac said. "I'll admit, I've never been the most attentive til' recently. But I don't remember Hoenn being anywhere near this dramatic when I was growing up."[break][break]

At the mention of not being the smartest, Isaac smirked a bit. "You and me both," he admitted. "Don't get me wrong, I'm not some powerhouse. But I'm much better at thinking quick than thinking deep, y'know? Once all this stuff about parallel universes and origin points and the apocalypse starts flying around, I just kinda get a headache."[break][break]

Bryan and Isaac may not have known a lot, but both of them knew one thing for sure. Hoenn had been irreparably changed, and things here would never be the same again. "I wish I knew more from my little dive into Cyberspace," Isaac said. "But Dr. Dickbag was frustratingly unclear. Shame he was just a bunch of screens the whole time. Maybe if we could all get our hands on him, he'd have to start coughing up answers."[break][break]

Loss. That cut through Isaac's musing like a hot knife through butter. Frankly, in some regards Isaac was lucky. Everyone in his life that mattered to him was still alive and kicking. His beloved Pokemon. The increasingly large network of friends he was making. His Cygne. But then there was the matter of his family. The man who refused to be his father after learning the bitter truth. The mother who got him into this mess in the first place with her wandering eye. The little sibling who thought the world of him, the one tether keeping his heart tied to a home that he had abandoned years ago. What else could Isaac call them but ghosts, by now?[break][break]

He thought long and hard about his response. And then, sighing heavily, he made his choice. "I have," he said. They weren't dead. But for better or for worse, they were dead to him. "Hell, if I'm being honest, it's half the reason why I'm here."[break][break]

"Have you?"

[break][break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Pilo1

B
He/Him
July 9th
Little Root
Gay
Beast
Rocket Beast
Priam conrad
nappy pals
637 height
637 height
awards
1,662 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bryan
bryan delarosa
Rest in Trees [M]
POSTED ON Sept 8, 2022 17:44:10 GMT
bryan delarosa Avatar
[nospaces]

Isaac asks if bryan had recently lost someone. [break][break]

"First time I've cared this much about someone I've lost." he says as he turns to stare at the spot again where she once laid now destroyed. [break][break]

"Rocket grunts die all the time, I never really gave a shit. But she was different." As he continued to be cryptic over who bryan was referring to. "She was pure an innocent, she didn't deserve the life she got. She deserved more." [break][break]

He pulls out a small little bag from his pocket as he unwraps it, revealing blue mulch to the man. "You know what this stuff is?" he asks before continuing.

notes about this post

Notes go here

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,317 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Rest in Trees [M]
POSTED ON Sept 8, 2022 19:08:09 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]"Nobody deserves this," Isaac said, casting a baleful look over the massive crater where life once grew tall. "Especially not someone like her. Fuck, I'm sorry, man . . ."[break][break]

Isaac didn't know many who were pure and innocent in Rocket. Shit, he didn't know many who were pure and innocent in this whole damn region. But there were so many who deserved better than what they got. There were so many with dreams they had to abandon because a life that promised freedom was actually an ironclad vice. There were so many who didn't have a dream from the start, but would never find one now that their hopes were no longer their own. For everyone that crawled and fought and struggled to the top of the pile, there still had to be a pile.[break][break]

Maybe one day, if Isaac stood where Bryan did now, he'd make those grunts' dreams come true. Or maybe by then, that care and fight would long be burned out of him by cold, hard reality. After all, even the coldest motherfuckers in Rocket probably started out chasing those very same hopes.[break][break]

Oh. There was mulch now. "Never seen it before," Isaac admitted, wondering how the stuff had become blue of all colors. "What is it?"

[break][break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Pilo1

B
He/Him
July 9th
Little Root
Gay
Beast
Rocket Beast
Priam conrad
nappy pals
637 height
637 height
awards
1,662 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bryan
bryan delarosa
Rest in Trees [M]
POSTED ON Sept 13, 2022 1:16:21 GMT
bryan delarosa Avatar
[nospaces]

"Blue mulch." he replies as he lets Isaac observe it but never releases it from his grip. [break][break]

"Blue mulch is on par with my abilities with Xerneas. Stronger even. Research has done says it can revive Pokémon from the dead. I've seen the results with my own eyes." he says as he puts it away in his pocket. [break][break]

"The worst part is I had the means to bring her back and I didn't." he says as he shares his regrets. He sits down on the ground, shaking his leg as he doesn't really know why he's sharing this with Isaac. These new grunts had a way of sneaking past his defenses. "If I did she'd hate me and I couldn't handle it. She would have learned the truth about my life and I didn't want her to know that."

notes about this post

Notes go here

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,317 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Rest in Trees [M]
POSTED ON Sept 13, 2022 2:05:04 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]"Holy shit," Isaac said as Bryan described the effects of the mulch. This was mulch! Mulch! That was far from a word one associated with power beyond comprehension. But clearly the scoreboard sat Isaac 0, Mulch 1. "That's incredible. What's it made of?"[break][break]

More important than what it was made of, however, was what it represented. It represented pain, and grief, and shame. It was the regret of one's past failings, present deficiencies, and future uncertainties. It wasn't just the loss Bryan suffered, but the doubled loss he'd suffer if he tried to undo it.[break][break]

It was an Oranguru's paw that Isaac would never wish on anyone. How ironic, that death currently had such mastery over life.[break][break]

He wanted to say something. Anything. He wanted to insist that she wouldn't hate him, that just because he was Rocket didn't mean he was less. That even the ones walking the path they chose still had friends, and family, and loved ones. Why did it have to be different now? But he didn't know Bryan. He didn't know this girl he spoke of. And he knew the wrong word at the wrong time would ruin the poor man.[break][break]

Instead, he sat next to Bryan, listening to his story carefully. "Would it help if you told me about her?" he asked. This kind of grief was something that could only be tackled by the person experiencing it. He wanted to help. He wanted to support. He wanted to find a way to make one of Rocket's merrier Beasts find his smile again. But he was a supporting player here, not some savior from on high. It was of the utmost importance that he made sure anything they discussed was with Bryan's full acceptance.[break][break]

Maybe then, he could take those first steps towards healing. To heal the man who always healed himself. How ironic.

[break][break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Pilo1

B
He/Him
July 9th
Little Root
Gay
Beast
Rocket Beast
Priam conrad
nappy pals
637 height
637 height
awards
1,662 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bryan
bryan delarosa
Rest in Trees [M]
POSTED ON Sept 21, 2022 3:07:54 GMT
bryan delarosa Avatar
[nospaces]

"No idea." he replies as Isaac tries to figure out exactly what it was made of. Bryan had no idea either, only that whatever it was, it was potent.[break][break]

"No idea on that other question either." he responds as Bryan wasn't the most...touchy feely person. In fact the only person he was only every vulnerable with was . His significant other, but the cracks in the walls he put up were showing. Especially when he got caught with his proverbial pants down grieving. [break][break]

"I'm not sure if it's better or not if I forget about her. That is an option, now with back." he says as he leans forward and shakes his leg uncontrollably. The more he thought of it, the more appealing that option took. But he had no idea if such a tactic would even work, would his passive healing undo it? But it wasn't exactly a wound, more of a rewiring of his brain...

notes about this post

Notes go here

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,317 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Rest in Trees [M]
POSTED ON Sept 21, 2022 13:10:53 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]"Hey. That's okay," Isaac said, voice quiet. How did you help someone who didn't even know how to help himself? ]"This kind of thing's hard. Harder than anyone should ever have to deal with. You don't have to have all the answers."[break][break]

Yet despite this being something nobody should "have" to deal with, here Bryan was. Or, rather, here he might be. The man mused wistfully about forgetting, and judging by the back half of his sentence he wasn't just talking hypotheticals. Apparently there was a way he could just forget all about it, for real, strings maybe or maybe not attached.[break][break]

Isaac's initial response was revulsion. You can't just escape the past like that. Its lomg shadow stretches over you wherever you go, and attempts at escaping it only dug you deeper. To ignore the lessons it taught was to ignore a part of yourself. It was unnatural.[break][break]

But why was that the case? Who said it had to be? The fuck kind of lesson came from this?[break][break]

A dark curiosity settled in Isaac's brain. Bryan wasn't the only one with things to forget. He could feel the siren's song around him, and he wasn't sure if he craved it or if he feared it. "Is 'how does that even work' another 'don't know' question?" Isaac asked. He was wondering for Bryan's safety, of course. Honest.

[break][break]

[break]

[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]