An Explosive Start! [C] [M] [MAGMA]

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Sept 1, 2022 0:58:25 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ambrose4"]
[attr="class","mainambrose"]

Ever since he had joined Rock, whether it had been a good or bad choice, he had at least been able to pay for rent in a slight more legal way than before, at the least he could call what he was doing a job. He had received his own lab, equipment and his own sassy little assistant in the shape of a Rotom, they both could get a little out of hand sometimes but they always got the job done, at least till now. [break][break]

For the first time ever since joined he had been requested to take part in something that sounded legit, the M.A.G.M.A initiative. Sure he had worked with other people within Rocket before but those times he was just asked to fix computer problems like he was the youngest and technologically inclined person in a family filled with old people, it was quite funny. [break][break]

Taking a pause before the automated doors, taking a deep breath and removing one of the earbuds from his ear and letting it hang around his neck. Ambrose would take a step forward, allowing the sound of the sliding door announce his entrance before he could speak for himself. "I was informed and asked to help out with tests and calibrations." This was important for him in a lot of ways, not only were they paying for his school tuition, they were also letting him work on his own homebrew program and that meant a great deal to him. [break][break]

He truthfully didn't know what or who to expect, but if he could he would have bet that he was about to help some old scientist like he had done in the past.[break][break]

[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"][break]

[newclass=.ambrose4] --accent: #008c73; [/newclass]
[newclass=.ambrose4] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: calibri; color: #aaa; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.ambrose4 .mainambrose] padding: 40px; background: #272727;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ambrose4 b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.ambrose4 a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.ambrose4 h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.ambrose4 h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.ambrose4 u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.ambrose4 .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.ambrose4 .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.ambrose4 .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.ambrose4 .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ambrose4 .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.ambrose4 span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.ambrose4 .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.ambrose4 .pkmn img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Azul

Glynn
She/Her
June 6th
Circhester, Galar
Pansexual
Xenobiology / Toxicology
Elite / Researcher
Sweet, little, unforgettable thing
awards
493 posts
Ceri Glynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ceri
Ceri Glynn
POSTED ON Sept 3, 2022 7:19:15 GMT
Ceri Glynn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtcg"]
[attr="class","main"]

The north wing of Team Rocket’s headquarters counts with a few different laboratories. There are those meant for the exclusive use of the Head Scientists and their assistants, those where samples are collected and studied, those where subjects are kept on constant watch, and even those like this one: secured and almost completely empty because all of the equipment is kept in a small annexed room.
[break][break]
When the door opens, what Ambrose would see within is a Galarian Ponyta, next to which stands a short woman clad in white. A white lab coat, worn open. A white crop top. White pants. And, of course, pink combat boots to match. Her brunette hair is tied into a loose ponytail, and when she turns to look at him, a strand breaks free, ending up being tucked behind her ear.
[break][break]
”Oh hey! I was wondering when you’d show up. I’ve been trying to figure out how the new program we’re using to get Infinity Energy readings works, but I can’t make any sense of it. Come on!”
[break][break]
She smiles at him, every word spoken in the most Galarian way possible, and instead of approaching, she walks towards the door to the annexed room, as if expecting him to follow.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
Outfit Check ♡ (+ lab coat) [break][break]
Mission - Boom Boom Bakudan ♡[break]
M.A.G.M.A Sector A - STUDY

[newclass=.twtcg] --accent: #8999BD; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: calibri; color: #aaa; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg .main] padding: 40px; background: #272727;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg .pkmn img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Sept 4, 2022 8:35:23 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

Peeking away from his tablet screen, hearing a very unexpected voice greeting him, this wasn't some raspy sounding, greasy looking, awkward and shy scientist, not even remotely close to what he expected and was used to dealing with. This had to clearly be some form hazing, a prank on one of the newest members of the more brain focused side of Rocket? He was waiting for people to jump at him shouting "SURPRISE" at any point now? Ooooor Now? No, no. It seemed like this was a real situation. [break][break]

The person in front of him looked like she had just walked out a modeling gig and arrived here just now, it was rather impressive and by Arceus did it make him look out of place. He had never been told about any form of uniform or dressing code, not that he would be able to follow, he only had clothes for purely comfort reasons, everything else cost too much. Let's not talk about the useless things he had purchased with the little money he had come in contact with. [break][break]

"Oh! Am I late? I only got the notif a bit ago... I'm assuming it got lost in the amazing HR we have going on here." Of course that was a joke, as far as he was aware. "Oh." Ambrose would pick up his pace and follow her toward the annexed room. Truthfully he was still stuck on the scene when she had turned around earlier, like a movie with perfect lightning, and of course the Galarian Ponyta making the aesthetics perfect.[break][break]

"So uh... Is there any specific problems you're having with the program?" Truthfully he was curious about this since he had been the one to update them towards such a program, if he could find something to fix he would be very happy, but he wouldn't mention that, humble bragging might set the wrong pattern of interaction he was looking for here. "Name's Ambrose by the way. Never really been to this side of the north wing." He would say looking around the room, trying to figure out what exactly all the technology there had been used for. "We're not about to teleport that Ponyta to a different dimension, right? Cuz that would be wicked." He would say jokingly, not truly understanding all the extra stuff going outside his own self existing bubble.[break][break]

[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]

[newclass=.ambrose4] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: calibri; color: #aaa; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.ambrose4 .mainambrose] padding: 40px; background: #272727;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ambrose4 b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.ambrose4 a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.ambrose4 h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.ambrose4 u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.ambrose4 .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.ambrose4 .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.ambrose4 .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.ambrose4 .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ambrose4 .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.ambrose4 .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.ambrose4 .pkmn img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Azul

Glynn
She/Her
June 6th
Circhester, Galar
Pansexual
Xenobiology / Toxicology
Elite / Researcher
awards
493 posts
Ceri Glynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ceri
Ceri Glynn
POSTED ON Sept 9, 2022 18:18:39 GMT
Ceri Glynn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtcg"]
[attr="class","main"]

He’s like a lost puppy. He even mentions getting lost. Which, of course, earns him a joyful giggle on Ceri’s part as she opens the door to the annexed room. There’s screens and all sorts of delicate machinery, but the one Ceri approaches is no more than a simple computer like any other – that’s how she sees it, at least.
[break][break]
”Okay! So, like… it looks like it’s getting the readings just fine, but then the stats are not appearing? I could run the calculations myself and all, but like… computers are much more precise, yeah? Also, between you and I, not a big fan of maths.
[break][break]
From where she’s sitting, Ceri looks up at him when saying that last part, and of course, she gives him a playful wink. Then, a hand is offered for him to shake as if nothing; one delicate, of smooth skin, and perfectly manicured nails coloured in pink.
[break][break]
”Ceri Glynn, Science Department. Nice to meet you, Ambrose!” A smile, ever so bright. ”Dimensional travel is more of ’s style, I think. You know, the Head Scientist? Pretty damn cool but a totally different field from this! I need the Ponyta riiiight here... Unless you know where to find more Light of Ruin pokémon for free, yeah? Man, these things don't go for cheap.”

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]

[newclass=.twtcg] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: calibri; color: #aaa; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Sept 13, 2022 15:14:18 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

What a beautiful and joyous room the two had walked into, top of the line technology, perfectly ventilated and clean as a surgery room... Although, Ambrose had never seen a surgery room live. Sure, the cable management needed some work done but that was a monthly kind of thing, nobody got time for that, need to keep those damn pesky cable faeries from tangling all the wires together for no apparent reason. [break][break]

”Okay! So, like… it looks like it’s getting the readings just fine, but then the stats are not appearing?” Inside Ambrose's mind he was fully answering this while going through a mental checklist of things that could be going wrong, almost as if standing in a massive white room with all the problems written on the wall. "I see I see... Mhm mhm." He would reply as a natural response, it wasn't that he wasn't paying attention it was just that he was fixing her problem, it happened a lot sadly, "selective problem solving" was what he called it. "True! We hate maths in this house. My teacher is pain in my butt for it too." He'd say turning back towards Ceri with one last click.[break][break]

"Oh my bad! I hope I didn't leave you hanging there too long!" Ambrose would follow her up and shake her hand. He still felt so out place with how perfect the girl in front of him felt, it was just something that stood out in an environment that was filled with people completely the opposite of her, very refreshing! "Pretty crazy how everyone knows my name around here but I don't know anyone yet, maybe I should go out more." He's say scratching the back of his head. "I... Well, I haven't really had the pleasure of meeting her myself but I've heard the legends, you're pretty much the first person I've worked with that is outside my... Area of expertise."[break][break]

"Light of Ruin pokémon" That sequence of words would make Ambrose frown a tiny bit. "See... I don't really know how the light of Ruin pokemon work, I only know their existence because of the programs you guys used and the information I had salvage through... OH! Talking on that, your problem was really easy to fix by the way. All you were missing was fixing the UI to have the information you needed, there's a tab on the tools option on the left top corner of the screen, once you click there you can select several options to show up, the way you had set was the default which is pretty much barebones, see here." Ambrose would once again start clicking and showing all the information that can be added. "If there is something you need added, just gimme a shout and I'll be more than happy to add it... As long as it's within possibility of course!" Pokemon had a lot of impossible things that could not yet be explained so he was sure to mention that. "Soooooooo... I might be pushing my limit here but what exactly are you going to do with the Ponyta?"[break][break]

[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]

close tab

played by

Azul

Glynn
She/Her
June 6th
Circhester, Galar
Pansexual
Xenobiology / Toxicology
Elite / Researcher
awards
493 posts
Ceri Glynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ceri
Ceri Glynn
POSTED ON Oct 3, 2022 13:39:27 GMT
Ceri Glynn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtcg"]
[attr="class","main"]

”You too, huh?” There is a light laugh when Ambrose mentions his maths teacher being a pain, passing yet filled with glee. Curiosity fills her gaze and she leans in closer as if to get a better look at him. ”Where do you study? Slateport U?”
[break][break]
Being that she herself is a grad student, Ceri isn’t as attuned with who in Rocket is also a student as she once used to be – one of the many things she misses about being an undergraduate. Alas, she doesn’t have time for it these days. Too busy between trying to get her doctorate, her work for A.E.O.S, and projects for the M.A.G.M.A Division like the one Ambrose is helping her with today.
[break][break]
Speaking of which, it’s easily that he fixes her problem, and Ceri exclaimed as if amazed:
[break][break]
”Wow, you’re so smart! I would’ve never figured that out on my own.” She probably could have. He himself said it was just a UI issue. Still, she holds his gaze, smiling brightly and putting one hand on his arm. ”You should totally let me make it up to you sometime.”
[break][break]
They may be working, but there’s no harm in a little flirting, right?
[break][break]
Speaking of work, though…
[break][break]
”Not stepping over your limit at all! I love talking about this stuff!” The smile Ceri gives Ambrose is bright and honest, but this time her attention turns to the equipment. She does have work to do, after all. ”So Light of Ruin is a very unique move, yeah? Pokémon can’t usually learn it, but recently a bunch of them were born knowing it, so I’m studying them!...We think it happened as a result of the Infinity Energy surge a few months back? I’m measuring the Infinity Energy output of the move to see if it’s any higher than normal.”
[break][break]
With that said, she presses a button that makes a simple note ring in the other room, instructing the Ponyta to use the devastating move. There's a flash of light when the beam is shot.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Oct 8, 2022 4:29:15 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

"Yes brooooooo! I keep telling him that my calculator is smarter than myself so I don't need to learn but noooooo! Apparently we don't always have one in our pockets, which is a complete lie to be honest!" He knew that was just a classic joke regarding math but he was just happy to have someone he could joke and slightly vent about school. "Oh Wow! How'd you guess? Computer Science there, sponsored by your's truly Team Rocket haha..." Eyes widened slightly with his own mention of having to pay for schooling, internally sweating. Normally he'd been internally screaming from working with someone so amazing looking and extremely smart too, he'd assume since she was working for Rocket.[break][break]

The exclamation from her voice would take Ambrose back, he wasn't exactly used to people just complimenting his job like this, for the most part he'd rarely get a "thank you" it was mostly "can you fix my phone? Or my laptop? My internet is down can you help after?" This coming from someone he considered a peer was extremely new. "No no no noooooo! I'm not smart at all lol! Smart are you guys that actually have to use your brain and think of impossible answers about living things. I'm just good at following patterns and numbers in the screen." Ambrose would pause once her hand touched his shoulder. Ceri was so kind! He couldn't possibly deny her anything at this point. "If you insist. I'd be down to have lunch anywhere if it's your treat!" Ambrose would say with the biggest guilty smile he had. This was the biggest win/win of his life![break][break]

Ambrose would happily stay quiet once Ceri explained that he wasn't stepping out of bounds regarding what they were doing in there. There was something magical about listening to her talk about things he didn't exactly understand, she was just like a exceptional good looking teacher, perhaps if his math teacher looked 10% as good as Ceri he would pay more attention. He did partially understand what was being told. "So like. Are we witnessing some form of natural evolution? Not like the ones most pokemon go through... Like if they're trying to go against whatever apocalyptic scenario Hoenn is going through?" Whatever he had just said, it had made way more sense inside his head, hopefully Ceri would pick up on his broken question because he was sincerely curious.[break][break]

Ambrose would look towards the light like a kid staring at Christmas lights for the fist time, complete awe at what he had just witnessed, this was so cool! He wanted to take part in more experiments like these for sure![break][break]

[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]