Goldenrod City
Bi
Thief
Ex-Rocket Beast
LET ME TASTE
your blood and tears
5'10'' height
5'10'' height
Going to hell cause it feels like heaven.
awards
1,177 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lex
Alexandra Briarwood
AmaZing Moves [MAGMA, c]
POSTED ON Sept 1, 2022 22:17:31 GMT
Alexandra Briarwood Avatar

There’s a sudden interest in the powerful. Not just from the ones that seek it, but from the ones that already have it as well. It seems no matter how much power you have, it’s never enough. Hence, the MAGMA initiative. Lex still considers it a rash move. Humans aren’t meant to be imbedded with such power. However, it intrigued her to not be tied to a legendary.

Today’s lesson, well, demonstration, is meant to highlight the natural powers embedded in Hoenn, the ones that transform pokemon, into monster. It’s a power difficult to deal with and difficult to control. Unpredictable results can come to those that misuse it.

She’s unsure who she is meeting, she’s never heard of him before. A grunt? There’s already a hint of annoyance tightening the chord of her thin patience. Hopefully he wouldn’t be a waste of her time. She hates wasting time.

Lex’s foot bounces rhythmically as she leans against the training room wall, waiting for him to arrive.

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
AmaZing Moves [MAGMA, c]
POSTED ON Sept 2, 2022 3:42:09 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullhover"]

[attr="class","skullimg"]

[attr="class","skulltitle"]導通抵抗
[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]Isaac was many things. But luckily for Lex, he wasn't the type to keep one waiting.[break][break]

It didn't take long for Isaac to arrive, shooting a quick, casual wave as he slid through the doors of the training room. Three Pokemon were in tow behind him; a rather stoic looking Cubone, a Honedge that had comfortably nestled itself against Isaac's arm, and a Vespiquen that bowed politely as she made her approach. They were all very different Pokemon with very different temperaments and capabilities, but they all had but one thing in common with their trainer; a shared fire flickering in their eyes.[break][break]

"Hey, thanks for the lesson," Isaac said, flashing the senior Rocket a grateful grin. The fact that a Beast was taking time out of her schedule to teach a Grunt, even one as storied as Isaac, meant two things. The first was that he should be grateful, because she had far more important things to do. The second was that things were going to get intense.[break][break]

"So! How should we do this?" Isaac asked. "I've got three of my best fighters here with me, and just in case it helps, I also found one of these while going diving." He fished around in his bag, pulling out what looked to be a fragment of polished crystal. It wasn't heavy with Z-Power, but it seemed to have enough for a single dose. While using it here wouldn't be ideal, keeping it around might at least give Isaac a sense of how wielding the power felt.

[break][break]

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]MOBILE POST /

[attr="class","skullcredits"]TAIKO!

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody b]color:#d9b800;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

BD

Lex
She / Her
January 2
Goldenrod City
Bi
Thief
Ex-Rocket Beast
LET ME TASTE
your blood and tears
5'10'' height
5'10'' height
awards
1,177 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lex
Alexandra Briarwood
AmaZing Moves [MAGMA, c]
POSTED ON Sept 2, 2022 18:52:57 GMT

If Lex paid any attention as to what’s been happening in the organization she probably would have heard of . He’s made quite a name for himself. But in all honesty, Lex could care less about the one below her. She’s more focused on her own tasks and accomplishments than the organization as a whole. If her work contributes to Rocket’s glory, that’s a bonus.

She appreciates his punctuality, but as always, her rather neutral gaze doesn’t give it away. Amber eyes shift from the blonde to his three pokemon. They linger a beat longer on the Honedge, simply because it’s a ghost.

Three of his best, hm? “No need to thank me,” she finally says after a long pause. It’s part of her job, after all. She’s certainly not doing this out of the kindness of her heart for a complete stranger. Her ‘lesson’ could strengthen Rocket, and that more strength for her.

“Ahh, a Z-Crystal,” she doesn’t reach to inspect it, she’s seen them before, “I would save that for when you really need it,” unless her had too many when he knew what to do with, “That can temporarily give pokemon without the power to perform Z-moves the ability,” Any pokemon. It could be quite the powerful asset.

“Today, I’ll be using Smoke,” ground beneath her feet seems to shimmer. A dark mist travels across the floor as the Gengar rises from the Phantom Plane and into their reality, “You may use one, or all three, your choice,” the smile that follows is mischievous.

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
AmaZing Moves [MAGMA, c]
POSTED ON Sept 3, 2022 4:12:45 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]So that's what this strange crystal did? Huh. "You're right. Be a waste to burn this on training," Isaac acknowledged. Sure, it might help him understand Z-Moves better. But if he used it, and no longer had any access to Z-Moves, that'd just kill the point![break][break]

Lex wasn't going to have that same limitation. That meant Isaac was going to be at an inherent disadvantage here. She offered an opportunity to make up the difference, but there was danger in that smile. "I'm gonna regret it if I agree to all that, huh?" he asked. That Beast title wasn't for show, and anyone who so casually brought up the idea of a 1v3 was someone who could win with ease.[break][break]

Despite his observation, Isaac's own mischievous grin spread across his face. "Good. Bring it on!" he said. Duster held his bone high, barking out a sharp war cry in response. Sectonia's eyes flashed red as she sunk into a fighting stance, the speed of her wingbeats intensifying. The only one who wasn't acting was Luck & Pluck, who seemed quiet. Arguably, too quiet.[break][break]

Then, in the blink of a gem-like eye, the Honedge plunged itself right into the ground. Its shadow snaked across the ground, joining Smoke in the Phantom Plane. Was it really any surprise that the first one to try and match a Gengar's mischief was another ghost? Once their shadows connected, a shadowy blade popped out to try and stab into the Gengar.[break][break]

Sectonia tried to fly out into the fray, but Duster held out an arm to stop her. He shook his head, holding up a single finger. Patience. Wait. With all of the ghost types he fought beside, Duster was all too familiar with how tricky they could be. If they all committed themselves to a single all out attack, they'd be playing right into his hands.[break][break]

Still, was sending a single teammate into the fire alone the right alternative? Sectonia watched with bated breath, waiting to see just what Smoke was capable of.

[break][break]

[break]

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

BD

Lex
She / Her
January 2
Goldenrod City
Bi
Thief
Ex-Rocket Beast
LET ME TASTE
your blood and tears
5'10'' height
5'10'' height
awards
1,177 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lex
Alexandra Briarwood
AmaZing Moves [MAGMA, c]
POSTED ON Sept 5, 2022 16:44:20 GMT

“You don’t disappoint, Merlo” she smiles as he agrees to a three-on-one battle, his pokemon seemingly just as excited. It’s even risky on her part, but Lex had tossed caution to the wind a while ago and lived on the rush of pure power. She too was anxious to see how Smoke had grown and developed his skills. He’s still a precious pokemon, too skilled to be nonchalant with his life. That’s what training matches like this were for.

Smoke can feel the shift in the Phantom Plane like fish can feel vibrations in the water, “Tank it,” comes the harsh command from behind. Lex and Smoke had been together since he was a tiny, floating ball of gas, their trust ran deep. Instead of a scream, the Gengar laughs wickedly as the Honedge slices through his CURSED BODY, spitting atoms as noxious, purple ectoplasm leaks from his wound. The ghost is the only one that can shift and escape him. Time to changes that.

Smoke glares down at the Honedge with malicious intent, his sinister grin growing wider and wider as he bears down on the Honedge’s will to flee. The MEAN LOOK should lock him into place.

But why aren’t the others attacking? Smoke feels a bit offended. To goad them, the ghost lashes out with a DARK PULSE in their direction.

“Mega e volution and Z-moves come form a similar energy,” she speaks up so Isaac can hear her, “Mega-evolution requires a bond, Z-move just require tapping into the power,” she explains as the engagement ring on her left hand begins to glow, signaling the impending mega-evolution of the Gengar.

+ You can decide how you wanna deal with CURSED BODY (disabled vs. not)
+ Smoke uses MEAN LOOK on Honedge
+ Fires a DARK PULSE towards the Cubone and Vespiqueen

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
AmaZing Moves [MAGMA, c]
POSTED ON Sept 5, 2022 17:47:12 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]"Damn right we won't," Isaac said, flashing a grin of his own Lex's way. He wasn't going to get an opportunity like this just to squander it. And it wasn't just up to him, either. It was up to Duster, Sectonia, and Luck & Pluck, too. They were a team here, and if their wills kept pushing forward in the same direction, Isaac knew there was nothing they couldn't do.[break][break]

Smoke wasn't even bothered by that first strike. He practically leaned into it, laughing as ectoplasm sprayed from his wound all over the Honedge. He could feel his connection to the Phantom Plane fading, any attempt at slipping back into the shadows instead leading to the blade ineffectually thudding against the ground. To double this trouble, the Gengar fixed a steely look and a manic grin on the Honedge. It was a challenge from one ghost to another; forget the Phantom Plane and settle it like men.[break][break]

The Honedge could oblige to that. Luck & Pluck's gem fixed a steely grin of its own, the blade's edge turning black as it aimed a NIGHT SLASH right for Smoke's vitals.[break][break]

He wasn't the only one with mastery of the shadow, though. Trying to goad the others into the fight, Smoke launched a Dark Pulse right towards Sectonia and Duster. Good. That was exactly what they waited for. Duster looked up towards Sectonia and nodded, the Vespiquen clasping his hands and flying up high.[break][break]

As they evaded the attack, Sectonia returned fire. She flexed her honeycombed abdomen up towards Smoke, thick clouds of Combee drones flying out to swarm him. While the clouds looked imposing, the rate they descended at could be charitably described as podding. At this rate, Smoke would have no issue dodging it.[break][break]

Now, the Cubone hurtling through the cloud like a meteor? That would be a lot harder to dodge! Sectonia's attack was less a strike of her own, more a smokescreen to disguise her giving Duster her best hammer toss. The Cubone spun in midair for a bit of extra momentum, whipping his BONEMERANG right towards the Gengar's face. He'd land with one fist to the ground, another hand held up to catch the Bonemerang on its way back, glaring right into Smoke's eyes all the while.[break][break]

That bit of theatrics, too, was ultimately a distraction. The parted cloud of bugs split on each side of Duster, now picking up speed as they hurtled towards each of Smoke's flanks. Between the Bonemerang to his front and back, and now the ATTACK ORDER at his left and right, was there anywhere less for Smoke to run?[break][break]

Judging by the quasi-related lecture Lex was giving, and the flash of the ring on her finger, Isaac had the feeling he wouldn't need to. "Sheesh, you're rolling out the red carpet for me tonight, huh?" Isaac said. He flashed the clunky-looking ancient bracelet on his arm, the Keystone within still inert. "My own's taking five right now, so I can't repay the favor. But I'm honored, truly."

[break][break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

BD

Lex
She / Her
January 2
Goldenrod City
Bi
Thief
Ex-Rocket Beast
LET ME TASTE
your blood and tears
5'10'' height
5'10'' height
awards
1,177 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lex
Alexandra Briarwood
AmaZing Moves [MAGMA, c]
POSTED ON Sept 7, 2022 17:17:24 GMT

Lex’s brows twitches up above a rather stoic expression. Resting bitch face is stoic for Lex. Her gaze drifts down to the accessory that he references. It’s a rather clunky bracelet, looks very old. The unmistakable shine of primal energy emanates from it. Its subtle, but recognizable. None of his pokemon on the field could mega-evolve anyway, obviously it would ‘take five’ as he so eloquently put.

“Are you mocking me, Merlo?” she gets straight to the point as her arms cross over her chest.

Smoke’s oppressive gaze keeps the Honedge close, but pricks at the other ghost’s own pride. Tank it, the command resonates in the Gengar’s head again as a NIGHT SLASH whips out towards his core. It would have easily been a critical hit if the ghost didn’t subtly shift, allowing it to whip across his back rather than his front. Still, the super effective dark-type attack ushered forward another maniacal laugh from the Gengar.

A dark energy swirls around him, the whisps of black and purple tethering him to his trainer. The primal energy consumes the ghost until her morphs into the mega-evolution of himself as the ATTACK ORDER begins to swarm like a cloud. The Combee surround him, nipped at his ethereal skin. It’s nothing more than a nuisance compared to the Night Slash. With his newly formed strong arms, he pushes off the ground, back flipping to land behind the cloud. Unknowingly, it happened to take him out of range of the Cubone’s BOOMERANG.

Smoke’s gaze shifts up, eyes glowing a multitude of colors as a CONFUSE RAY pulses from the golden eye on his forehead towards the VESPIQUEEN.

+ Smoke MEGA-EVOLVES, SHADOW TAG now in effect
+ Smoke is hit with NIGHT SLASH and ATTACK ORDER
+ Smoke DODGES boomerang
+ Smoke uses CONFUSE RAY on VESPIQUEEN

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
AmaZing Moves [MAGMA, c]
POSTED ON Sept 7, 2022 18:06:31 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]Normally, an opponent thinking you were mocking them was a killer psychological advantage that Isaac would've totally ran with. However, for once, he was in a battle where psychology wasn't the point. "Nah. I'm just wishing I brought my own to match," Isaac said. "Give you the best fight I can." A Mega Aggron locking horns with a Mega Gengar would've been a hell of a sight to behold. Alas.[break][break)

Smoke was proving to be quite the formidable target, making a show of leaning into dark type blows and laughing them off. Luck & Pluck found his gem furrowing in frustration at the direspect. However, the reason soon became clear. The Gengar exploded into an even stronger mass of shadows, the gravity of his soul shackling theirs to the Phantom Plane. So long as he was like this, there was bo escaping the king of ghosts. Luck & Pluck (and, curiously, Duster) startled in recognition. Sectonia, unsure what this weight on her essence was, seemed far more confused.[break][break]

The flash of Smoke's golden eye turned this unease into panic. Sectonia flew up high into the sky, pushing and lashing out at enemies she perceived in the shadows. Her ATTACK ORDER fell back to her location, confused by her conflicting orders. She seemed to be hurting herself in the struggle.[break][break]

"Snap out of it, Sectonia!" Isaac called, but to no avail. She was too high up to hear him. What was he supposed to do? Eyeing a nearby shelf full of training equipment, he figured the answer was the same as always; out his heart in his team while he improvised.[break][break]

Luckily, Duster was as independent as they came. He held his bone high, calling forth a tremendous BLIZZARD to blanket the battlefield. Even if his howling winds, blinding snows, and bitter cold failed to connect, they would prove to make quote the distraction. Would Smoke even hear Luck & Pluck clatter to the ground, or see it glide across the floor to keep a low vosual profile?[break][break]

If not, then the Gengar would sure feel it as one more NIGHT SLASH sliced up from below.

[break][break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

BD

Lex
She / Her
January 2
Goldenrod City
Bi
Thief
Ex-Rocket Beast
LET ME TASTE
your blood and tears
5'10'' height
5'10'' height
awards
1,177 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lex
Alexandra Briarwood
AmaZing Moves [MAGMA, c]
POSTED ON Sept 14, 2022 16:28:37 GMT

As a Blizzard tears across the field, chilling the air, the Honedge makes another strike at the Gengar. This time, letting it hit the ghost was not intentional. Smokes howls in pain as the NIGHT SLASH hits. Lex’s neutral expression changes for the first time, wincing with the ghost as he expresses his discomfort. Fine. It’s time.

“Now,” especially while the Honedge if confined to the ground.

A blast of energy radiates from the ghost. His fists pound into the terrain, sinking as he modifies it with psychic power. A strange purple haze washes over the ground like a tide. It reaches and pulls for the living, including Isaac if he happens to wander into the mist. The pokemon will find themselves unable to resist the lull to sleep. As the Blizzard settles, they’ll notice the fine details: dark tendrils rising up to ensnare those affected by the z-move. Their sharp energy will penetrate the barrier of their soul, siphoning it to feed back to the Gengar.

summons a hypnotic terrain that put those affected to SLEEP. this amplifies the area of effect for the user's DREAM EATER attack. this terrain can only be dispelled by other terrain based z-moves. it lasts three turns.

+ 2/3 Mega-Evolution
+ Smoke is hit with BLIZZARD and NIGHT SLASH
+ Smoke uses Z-move HYPNOTIC TERRAIN + DREAM EATER

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
AmaZing Moves [MAGMA, c]
POSTED ON Sept 14, 2022 16:58:34 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]Oh. So that was how these worked.[break][break]

Tendrils of mist slid around Duster and Luck & Pluck, caressing their faces and lulling them into a slumber from which they'd never wake. Luck & Pluck, already having his soul bound by the Gengar, was powerless to resist. It drifted off immediately, even its ghostly mind vulnerable to the following Dream Eater. Duster had more fight to him, propping himself up on his bone and defiantly glowering at his foe, but even he succumbed in the end. As he clattered to the ground, it seemed like a clear victory for Katherine.[break][break]

With one exception. Sectonia was high above the ground, floating where Smoke couldn't reach her. "You're my last hope, Sectonia!" Isaac called, voice raised so she could hear him even through the haze. "Please, I need you to get your head in the game!"[break][break]

The Vespiquen stared down at the battlefield, noticing the swimming shadows of her allies in the mist. They were hurting. They were in danger. They needed her. And she wasn't about to just let them down. She swooped towards the battlefield, flight unsteady. Isaac winced, as if afraid she'd end up tumbling right into the mists in her confusion, but she managed to hold herself aloft against all odds.[break][break]

She locked eyes with Smoke. All of the confusion, distress, and fear that she felt . . . this wasn't something to shy away from. No, it was something to harness. Her red eyes glowed, brighter and brighter, before flashing into a Confuse Ray of her own. It was time for Smoke to have a taste of his own medicine.

[break][break]

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]MOBILE POST / @

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

BD

Lex
She / Her
January 2
Goldenrod City
Bi
Thief
Ex-Rocket Beast
LET ME TASTE
your blood and tears
5'10'' height
5'10'' height
awards
1,177 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lex
Alexandra Briarwood
AmaZing Moves [MAGMA, c]
POSTED ON Sept 15, 2022 23:17:02 GMT

A matching set of dark tendrils that pierce the souls of the grounded pokemon appear around Smoke. They crawl across his amethyst form, settling over wound previously pierced by the Honedge. Like suture, they begin to pull his wounds together, healing him and making him new. The Mega Gengar smiles, feeling a renewed sense of energy coursing through his ectoplasm.

More.

He digs his hands deeper into the HYPNOTIC TERRAIN, his fingers flexing and tightening around his hold on the Cubone and Honedge. Like a ravenous beast he’s so focused on his prey, that he forgets about the bug hovering above. The CONFUSE RAY pierces through the Hypnotic Terrain, swirling around its target. Smoke shift uncomfortably, his smile growing tighter as he attempts to resist the attack. He digs his fingers deeper into the others, drawing from their life force to heal his. With mega-evolution and his own hypnotic terrain, he's able to keep his focus . . . for now.

+ 3/3 Mega-Evolution, 2/3 Hypnotic terrain
+ Smoke attempts to resist COFUSE RAY (1-33 = Confusion Damage)
+ Smoke’s DREAM EATER continues

hGl9_RWP

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
AmaZing Moves [MAGMA, c]
POSTED ON Sept 16, 2022 0:01:06 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]Outside of causing some strain, and maybe making its victim's dreams especially bizarre, the Confuse Ray didn't seem to settle in how Sectonia had hoped. It didn't matter whether Pluck & Luck dreamed of being a noble warrior or if it dreamed of running late to school with a piece of toast impaled on its blade. In the end, they were all devoured the same.[break][break]

No. Sectonia was going to have to try something desperate to try and get her allies away from this Dream Eater. If they couldn't get up and retreat themselves, she'd just have to get them away herself! She lifted Duster up, giving the Cubone a spin before hurling him away with all of her might. He sailed away, further, further, further still-![break][break]

And promptly snapped right back to Smoke's side, the Shadow Tag on his soul leaving him practically tethered to the Mega Gengar. Shit.[break][break]

Sectonia chittered worriedly. This wasn't good. At this rate, Smoke was going to devour her friends' minds, then be able to finish them off with a mere snap of its fingers. She was the least suited of the trio to fight the hefty Poison type herself, and her head was still so sore and swimmy. She felt helpless. And that worried her. No, it infuriated her.[break][break]

Sectonia's head gem stopped glowing red. Instead, it intensified to an eye-blaring pink. Energy of the same color streamed from her eyes, trailing off like little wisps of smoke. Her wings beat faster and harder as she took off into the sky, screaming out a furious war cry. Right. Right! Isaac had seen this before! "You'd better get ready," he said, a grin spreading across his face. "It may not be a Z-Move, but you're not the only one with a secret move up your sleeves."[break][break]

"Sectonia! Let loose your Light of Ruin!"[break][break]

The war cry erupted into a berserker's scream as Sectonia aimed her abdomen towards Smoke. Instead of the usual swarm of Combee piling out from within, a massive laser laden with Infinite Energy careened down towards Smoke. The energy streamed from her head gem, her eyes, even her wings, forming into an aura of overwhelming intensity. It was as if she was power generator going into overdrive.[break][break]

But what use was power, if used improperly? Isaac could only hope that the attack would hit its mark . . .

[break][break]

[break]

[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

BD

Lex
She / Her
January 2
Goldenrod City
Bi
Thief
Ex-Rocket Beast
LET ME TASTE
your blood and tears
5'10'' height
5'10'' height
awards
1,177 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lex
Alexandra Briarwood
AmaZing Moves [MAGMA, c]
POSTED ON Sept 21, 2022 22:24:17 GMT

The tendrils are what mostly keep the Honedge from escaping the terrain. Nothing couldn’t save her partners’ fates at this point. Unless Sectiona had a z-move up her sleeve to disrupt the terrain, it would remain for its full effect. Pity he didn’t try to knock the bug down into it when he had the chance. Oh well, it was more important to immobilize and weaken the ghost which was the Gengar’s biggest threat.

Lex did turn her focus to the Vespiqueen as she prepared a threatening attack. With Isaac’s declaration, Lex expected more than just a Light Of Ruin. She would have been more impressed if it was something super effective against the Gengar. The strange fairy-type attack is still impressive and quite strong, but Smoke’s poison type protects him to a degree. She loses sight of the ghost within the cascade of fae power that consumes him.

When the wake of the light clears, she sees the ghost’s silhouette staggering, his shape reassembling that of a normal Gengar again. He lurks froward, plunging his hands back into the ground, determined to drain every ounce of soul he can from the Cubone and Honedge still under his spell. The tendrils of DREAM EATER spread, stitching together new wounds left by the LIGHT OF RUIN.

+ Smoke’s mega-evolution ends with the LIGHT OF RUIN
+ Smoke’s DREAM EATER continues
+ 3/3 HYPNOTIC TERRAIN

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
AmaZing Moves [MAGMA, c]
POSTED ON Sept 21, 2022 22:59:08 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]The Light of Ruin faded, and yet Smoke was still standing.[break][break]

He wasn't unharmed, of course. Even at a type disadvantage, the move was as powerful as it was rare. Its Mega Evolution had faded, and the smoke from its Z-Move was starting to ebb away. However, it wasn't going away without a fight. One more pulse of Dream Eater shot through the receding vapors, leaving Duster and Luck & Pluck shuddering in their sleep. Duster in particular looked to be in a bad way; his breathing grew shallow, the fight faded from his restless tossed and turns, and he lost his grip on the bone in his hand. Despite this, there was a tension in his shoulders, as if he knew he'd fall before he could face his fate with dignity.[break][break]

Sectonia tried desperately to stop it, charging through the fading smog to face Smoke directly. She pulsed her wings with all of her might, trying to whip up a Bug Buzz to break its concentration. However, no matter how hard she beat her wings, she couldn't feel the move coming on. She tried again, again, again, even as her confusion prevented her from hearing the move. Finally, it rose to a fever pitch, hurting Sectonia more than her actual foe. She sank to the ground, propping herself up with but a single hand. To think, the Gengar had goaded her into nearly felling herself.[break][break]

Luck & Pluck was a creature, but he was also a tool. His purpose in life was to find the worthy, entangle their essence within his own, and boldly stride with them into the future. This was why Cygne entrusted him to Isaac in the first place; the man was his charge, and in turn he would serve as his blade. Such were the dreams that Smoke consumed as he invaded Luck & Pluck's consciousness. Glorious battlefields. Shining monuments. Feasts between frays. But most importantly of all, there was the one ambition that the Honedge held; finding the strength to lead those under his counsel.[break][break]

A bone clattering against the ground. A wailing buzz piercing through the air. Both of these sounds pierced through the veil of dreams. He was needed.[break][break]

Luck & Pluck's eye shot open. To his left, Duster struggled in his sleep, the fight fading from his every motion. To his right, Sectonia was struggling to keep her wings beating, defiance burning in her crimson eyes. Neither was in any state to fight. If he didn't go to them, they would fall before his very eyes. If he did, he would have to consign one to failure. Duster wouldn't even be able to wake, and Sectonia's own body and mind were at war with her. And he just slept through it all and let it happen. What kind of guardian was he?[break][break]

A white light overtook Luck & Pluck. He went to Duster. He went to Sectonia. And as he went, the light divided cleanly in two. One of his silhouette's slid into Duster's hand, filling the space left behind by his bone. The other slid beneath Sectonia, propping her up before she could hit the floor. Both beast and bee alike shuddered to their feet, giving a curious glance to their new weapons. And then they brandished them towards Smoke, the light of evolution dispersing in the process.[break][break]

Now each held half of a Doublade within their grips, Luck & Pluck's new pink tassels flaring outward for emphasis.[break][break]

The two launched forward, Sectonia's slash flowing downwards and Duster's rising upwards. The two blows crisscrossed past each other, a beautiful X-shaped Night Slash forming at their center. From there, Sectonia took back into the air, while Duster rolled to keep his momentum on the ground. Exertion left his chest rising and falling heavily, but he knew the next blow he took would most likely be his last. He had to do something, anything to pull his weight before falling.[break][break]

In a fit of desperation, he ran for the bone that he had dropped. If he could make it before Smoke took him out, he would heft it up and Fling it right at the ghost type's face. It was a graceless tactic, but in such dire straits he didn't have much time for grace.[break][break]

TEAL DEER[break][break]
Dream Eater works without a hitch. Duster is severely hurt, and Luck & Pluck are rattled badly too.[break]
Sectonia hurts herself in confusion! Between that and the Light of Ruin's recoil, she is hurting bad.[break]
Luck & Pluck, the only member of Team Isaac not on the edge of consciousness, evolves to try and carry this team.[break]
Luck & Pluck use Night Slash (via the medium of their half-fainted companions).[break]
Duster, trying to capitalize on this new momentum, Flings his club.

[break][break]

[break]

[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

BD

Lex
She / Her
January 2
Goldenrod City
Bi
Thief
Ex-Rocket Beast
LET ME TASTE
your blood and tears
5'10'' height
5'10'' height
awards
1,177 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lex
Alexandra Briarwood
AmaZing Moves [MAGMA, c]
POSTED ON Sept 24, 2022 18:59:41 GMT

DREAM EATER happened to be the Gengar’s saving grace. Without it, he would have been toast against the three pokemon, although two are just the first evolutions of their lines. For young pokemon, they were quite promising assets Lex was impressed, but she wouldn’t allow it to show. She’s a woman of few words and even fewer compliments.

The HYPNOTIC TERRAIN begins to fade, the purple haze seeping out into the rest of the room. With it, the DREAM EATING tendrils retreat, one last pulse stitching together some new wounds from the LIGHT OF RUIN. He’s by no means at 100%, but he’s recovered enough to be a threat against the weakened opponents.

A familiar bright light consumes the shuddering Honedge. Two blades split from a single source as the ghost evolves. A burst of energy from the evolution empowers its teammates. Teamwork makes the dream work, after all, no?

Lex’s eyes narrow, watching the two pokemon with their ‘swords’ carefully, “It’s time to finish this, Smoke,” she growls beneath her breath, no room for errors if they’re meant to succeed.

The Gengar’s own gaze travels between the Vespiqueen and Cubone, carefully studying them and the Doubeblade they wield. His hand flex, clenching at air as he carefully crouched before they lunge.

The X-shaped NIGHTSLASH is difficult to dodge, and the ghost is unsuccessful. He howls in pain as he’s driven back, ectoplasm oozing across his chest and cheeks. Still, the malicious grin remains. As a bone comes hurling his way, the ghost leaps into the air, his hand coming together to manifest a spectral sphere. The SHADOW BALL fires off towards the pokemon Smoke thinks he can dispatch of the quickest: Duster and the Doublade in its clutches.

+ Smoke is hit with the Night Slash and is hurtin’
+ Smoke uses SHADOW BALL at Duster