Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,320 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Let's Go. In and Out. 20 Minute Mission [M]
POSTED ON Sept 6, 2022 15:08:52 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullhover"]

[attr="class","skullimg"]

[attr="class","skulltitle"]導通抵抗
[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]It was a beautiful day in Slateport City. The night air was crisp and refreshing. The full moon was hanging high in the sky, its light reflecting off of the shimmering coasts. The gentle, repetitive hum of the Kricketune was a sign that summer was finally coming to an end. And through it all, a single sound rang out into the night.[break][break]

"Who the hell told you this place was unguarded?"[break][break]

It seemed like such a simple idea. An art heist in a low security area with an experienced partner. This Rook guy talked a big game, wearing confidence as boldly as proudly as your average runway model wore their outfits for the day. The art gallery's security was supposed to be at all time lows, he said, with everyone far too busy focusing on the closing days of the Splashfest. It should have been the perfect crime. Emphasis on should have.[break][break]

Clearly, "should" did not mean "would." And now, with ill-begotten gains in tow and the Slateport night guard on their asscheeks, "would" was starting to seem a lot more like "won't." Oh well. At least they had their hands on the stuff, even if it was less meticulous heist and more panicked grab-and-go. That was half the battle.[break][break]

The other half was getting out with their butts intact. "Of all the time for my bike to be FUBAR, too," Isaac groaned. "Whatever. It's okay. We can salvage this. Land, air, or sea; you got any rides on you?" Surely this guy at least had a getaway Pokemon.[break][break]

Right?

[break][break]

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]MOBILE POST /

[attr="class","skullcredits"]TAIKO!

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody b]color:#d9b800;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

roux

Rook
he/him
Twenty-Six
june 27
Jubilife City, Sinnoh
bi-sexual
art thief
civilian
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
217 posts
Ikarus Rook DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ikarus
Ikarus Rook
POSTED ON Sept 6, 2022 15:53:57 GMT
Ikarus Rook Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rook"]

All things considered, he thought things were going rather well. Not really a matter of optimism, he simply was confident in his ability to weasel out of bad situations. Whether or not that included his circumstantial partner in crime, well... he was only responsible for one person in this predicament. It was nice to do things with a partner for once, after all, when things got dicey, he just had to be the one that got away.[break][break]
"Now, who said anything about unguarded?" Rook was, first and foremost, an actor. With a stage-presence befitting someone far more qualified than him. It wasn't his fault if they fell for the con. However, in this case, he was rather disappointed that idle chit-chat turned out to not be credible information for a heist. "I know though, it's so strange. Why would they lie to me?" He was such a trust worthy guy.[break][break]
"Keep 'em busy will you?" He asked to the Haunter that was trailing behind them. There was nothing the Oogie enjoyed quite as much as being a terror, so at least he could count on that slowing them down. Rook relied heavily upon an ill-conceived and ungodly level of luck, which had often seemed to follow him as misguidedly as his own pokemon did.
[break][break]Apparently, however, having a partner did not inherent the same level of lucky breakthroughs. "Rides?" He looked down at the sole remaining pokemon companion he'd thought to bring along with him, a Nickit. Not exactly big enough to ride. "Ethically, no."

[break][break]

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.rook]font:11px roboto;--accent:#E1BC41;[/newclass]

[newclass=.rook b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=.rook i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=.rook a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]

[newclass=.rook .pokesprite]color:#E1BC41; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.rook .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.rook .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.rook .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]

[newclass=.rook .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]

[newclass=.rook]position:relative;[/newclass]

[newclass=.rook.credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,320 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Sept 6, 2022 17:37:28 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]"I dunno! Did they feel burned by the last big idea you gave them?" Isaac asked. "Or did they just need you out of the way for some reason? Maybe to take your turf, or maybe just . . . to . . ."[break][break]

Wait a minute. Isaac cracked two Pokeballs down, a Starly and a Rookidee popping out. They touched down on his shoulders, each looking towards him expectantly. "I smell a rat. Supes, Hal, check back at the gallery for me," Isaac said. Halberd was all too quick to take off in response, Supernova letting out an alarmed squawk and giving chase. Together, the two should be able to spot something, if they didn't get distracted drag racing each other.[break][break]

It'd be nice if they could follow suit and make sure. But apparently, Isaac's partner was more the hoofing it type. Oh well. That just meant more improvising. Another Pokeball bounced to the ground, this one revealing a very large Crobat. "Sunny, give our friend a boost. Don't worry about me, I'll catch up, okay?" Isaac asked. The Crobat cast him a way look, but nodded in response.[break][break]

Within moments, Rook would feel a fangs pricking at the collar of his shirt. The dumb-luck hustler would be lifted off of the ground like a baby kitten, Sunny's four wings pushing them up, up, and away at surprisingly quick speeds. Not helping matters was the Tailwind he kicked up, which meant Rook would be getting dragged through the air even faster than he bargained for.[break][break]

As they glided, Sunny peered down towards Rook. It seemed that the bat was awaiting further instructions. Hopefully Rook could stammer some out before he made the mistake of looking down!

[break][break]

[break]

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody b]color:#d9b800;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

roux

Rook
he/him
Twenty-Six
june 27
Jubilife City, Sinnoh
bi-sexual
art thief
civilian
awards
217 posts
Ikarus Rook DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ikarus
Ikarus Rook
POSTED ON Sept 16, 2022 13:22:11 GMT
Ikarus Rook Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rook"]

Somethings, things happened for a reason. Maybe, just maybe he was to blame for how this was going down. It was definitely doubtful, but the thought was still worthy of entertaining. Considering this was far from the first time he'd been caught, well maybe it was about time to consider the logistics of his plans. They didn't really work out, it wasn't fair. He tried his hardest and people continued to suspect and retaliate against him. What unfair and biased prejudice.
[break][break]
I smell a rat. Well that was rude, he took showers after dives in dumpsters, no need to call names. In his head, he had his own plan cooking. Yet the blonde didn't seem to care to ask him what he was planning to do before spawning a giant bat to carry him to freedom. Maybe he wasn't rude after all. It was very considerate of him to assist Rook's getaway without worrying about his own. Rook could happily say his plan had not factored the other's safety in so... maybe he was the bad person?
[break][break]
"Oh, no worries. I just know you'll figure it out." Maybe he was the bad person, because it really didn't concern him otherwise. True, it was nice to have a partner for these heists but they were always so messy. It was easier with his pokemon, tailored to make the job easier by pure ghostly charm.
[break][break]
Before he could add anything else, he was being lifted up into the air. He had never flown before so it was intriguing. Now that he was thinking about it... his Haunter probably could have done something like this. Oh well. "Just put me down riiiiight about there. Yeah, thank you." He wondered if his companion was fairing as well.

[break][break]

[newclass=.rook .pokesprite]color:#E1BC41; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.rook .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.rook .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]

[newclass=.rook .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]

[newclass=.rook.credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,320 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Sept 16, 2022 15:55:24 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]"Down already? C'mon, we've barely even started shaking these guys off."[break][break]

Where was the voice coming from? The last Rook had seen his helper for the night, the other man had remained groundbound. If he had a second flying type, surely he would've just released them simultaneously, right? So how the heck did he sound so close to the high-flying Rook?[break][break]

An ominous, hollow cry filled in the blanks there. Isaac was swinging from building to building on the back of his Dhelmise, using the anchor wielding Pokemon as if it were a giant grappling hook. Its blood red algal blooms drifted behind him all the while. Between Sanford's eerie appewrance and the massive bat carrying Rook, the fearsome foursome looked primed and ready for Halloween.[break][break]

"We land too soon, they're just gonna pick the hunt up from where it left off. It's too risky," Isaac determined. "No, if we really want to lose these guys, we're gonna have to get fancy with it. Give 'em the ol' razzle dazzle until they can't keep up anymore. Best case scenario, we only have to get creative, not dangerous."[break][break]

"What do you think? Should we beeline right for the city limits? Or try and tangle these guys up in some detours first?"

[break][break]

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]MOBILE POST / @imarus

[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

roux

Rook
he/him
Twenty-Six
june 27
Jubilife City, Sinnoh
bi-sexual
art thief
civilian
awards
217 posts
Ikarus Rook DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ikarus
Ikarus Rook
POSTED ON Oct 10, 2022 18:00:18 GMT
Ikarus Rook Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rook"]

It was true, it turned out he preferred his feet on the ground. Where was his sense of adventure? On the ground, where it belonged. Despite that and the situation that had led them there, this was one of the easier missions he'd ever assigned himself. Maybe that was the ease that came with having a partner for once. Looking down at the other grappling not far below, that looked like a lot more work so he was content with the easier job of simply hanging in there.
[break][break]
"I do love razzle dazzle." He admitted as if it went without saying. He did not look or seem the type without flair and he prided himself on his own dramatics. In all seriousness, which he could in fact manage from time to time, he observed the space behind them. The attention amassed closest to the gallery. One of the art pieces Rook had nabbed was still comfortable rolled on the tube at his back. Lam wouldn't appreciate him stealing someone else's hard work, but he didn't need to know that. It helped that he was over the initial discomfort of literally flying with his feet dangling in the air.
[break][break]
"Detour might be useful, not initially but they're trained to set up a boundary crime scene. Too straight forward and we lead them right to us with the right pokemon." Still, he looked up at the bat, hoping that it was going to peeter out on him anytime soon.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,320 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Oct 23, 2022 4:21:22 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]"See? There we go," Isaac said, a grin spreading across his face as Rook admitted his love of shenanigans. "That means things are gonna get a little bumpier before they get smoother. But, hey. That's what it takes to make it on these streets."[break][break]

It sounded like if they just kept going full steam ahead, they'd cross right over the crime scene set up at the boundary. Instead, they'd need to lead their pursuers around by the nose a little first. Get the initial heat off of them, and maybe they'd be able to slip out before the boundary was up. Simple, right?[break][break]

First things first, the flashlights the officers were using to pursue? Yeah, no. Those had to go. Sanford pulsed, glowing with a mysterious energy, and one of the officer's flashlights appeared in its foliage. Another pulse. Another flashlight. Again and again and again, the Dhlemise did this, until soon it looked less like an algal colony and more like a Christmas tree.[break][break]

Repeated use of Switcheroo left the officers holding a bunch of pebbles instead of their flashlights, greatly reducing their field of vision. Content, Sanford ground the flashlights against its anchor until they were too busted up to function.[break][break]

With their sight suddenly taken away from them, Isaac whistled for Sunny to put on the brakes. The Crobat flung his wings out, quietly drifting behind the mob of confused officers. Isaac followed suit, pulling back with his Anchor Shot to keep pace with his Crobat. Masked by the darkness in that fashion, the patrollers blew past them without even realizing.[break][break]

"Alright," Isaac whispered to Rook as Sunny flew by his side. "That should buy us a little bit of time. Where we go next is gonna make all the difference, so if you got any ideas, I'm all ears."

[break][break]

[break]

[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

roux

Rook
he/him
Twenty-Six
june 27
Jubilife City, Sinnoh
bi-sexual
art thief
civilian
awards
217 posts
Ikarus Rook DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ikarus
Ikarus Rook
POSTED ON Nov 22, 2022 14:40:52 GMT
Ikarus Rook Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rook"]

Rook watched in passive surprise at the little magic trick as one by one the flashlights were swapped and broken. As a man easily captivated by magic tricks, he had to admit he admired Isaac’s pizazz. It was nearly as gaudy as his own, and that was thought with a venerational air, of course. He clapped a little, like the easily entertained audience that he was. “Good show, standing… flying ovation.” He corrected himself, which reminded him he was still dangling at a leg-breaking, body-shattering distance.
[break][break]
As the Crobat veered to a standstill, moving back towards his owner, Rook began scouting for his usual spots. Finally he pointed to the door at the back of an alley leading into the local bar. “A lot of this part is renovated from old Slateport, that door leads to a maintenance route that should take us outside of the police boundary. It’s not common knowledge, so it shouldn’t be taken into account during their search. What do you think?” It was a bit of a gamble, after all it could also easily scream “use me, criminals” and lead the police right to them.
[break][break]
That was always a gamble. “Ooor, we can hunker down in the bar until the heat is off, I know the owner.” Said owner also only begrudgingly allowed him entry because he knew that it was an illegal front, but that didn’t really matter, did it?

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,320 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Nov 23, 2022 17:42:52 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]Two options stretched before Isaac. One was an off the grid route, where they could slip past the police boundary and bail before they were even noticed. The other was a local establishment, where they could lay low for a bit if the owner didn't lay low first. Either they ended this quickly and decisively, or they let the search peter out as they continued on their merry way. The choices were all theirs to decide.[break][break]

"If we screwed up their flashlights, they're probably not gonna be in a good spot to go poking around in shady alleys," Isaac pointed out. "And even if they did, you said its a narrow maintenence route, right? Means they won't be able to surround us, no matter how many there are. Even in the worst case scenario, we should be able to have an edge on them."[break][break]

"They might want to make a detour to resupply, too. Means sticking around town's risky, especially if they gk poking around in some local spots while waiting for the supply run to end. Rather not be pinned down in a bqr while they're asking around for us, yeah?"[break][break]

"So I'm thinking maintenance." It was surprisingly sound logic from a man who had been swinging around on a Dhelmise like some kind of nautical Tarzan.[break][break]

With the way forward now far more groundbound, Sunny eased down by the pavement. Rook could finally be reunited with sweet, sweet land. "San, meld in with the wall. You're our ace in the hole if this goes pear-shaped," Isaac said. The Dhelmise bobbed in responsed, floating clean through the wall surrounding the maintenance route.[break][break]

All that was left was for Isaac and Rook to follow suit. Isaac made his way to the door, prepared to go lock-picking or even brute forcing if it proved more stubborn than expected. "You ready?" he asked, just waiting for the cue to fling the door open and start beating feet.

[break][break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

roux

Rook
he/him
Twenty-Six
june 27
Jubilife City, Sinnoh
bi-sexual
art thief
civilian
awards
217 posts
Ikarus Rook DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ikarus
Ikarus Rook
POSTED ON Dec 9, 2022 15:03:48 GMT
Ikarus Rook Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rook"]

Isaac made plenty of good points. Really, Rook wasn't sure which was better and it wouldn't be the first time that he deferred to other's judgments just so he didn't have himself to blame. He had a date after this and couldn't very well do that if he was in jail. That would require far too much explanation and he wasn't far enough in his relationship with Lam to go testing those boundaries quite yet.
[break][break]
Either way, it was their best bet. There was a lot more risk factor in sticking around and he didn't exactly like including the bar owner in anything, especially with the likelihood of a blabber mouth. "Sounds good to me!"
[break][break]
They would have very little time to act so it was now or never. "Let's do this." As soon as he spoke, he followed the other through the door. The maintenance halls were damp and dark. The shadows could hide any number of pokemon, but that was far from Rook's worries. He rather enjoyed the critters that lurked in these places. What he was worried about what what existed to the door on the other end. Down stairs, squeezing past electrical units and debris and waste.
[break][break]
"Not far now!" There would either be police on the other side of the door or freedom, there was no middle ground in this situation.

[break][break]

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights