played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
PLEASE
POSTED ON Sept 8, 2022 17:59:53 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
More than anything and anyone else, deserved the promotion Walsh granted. Sharp as a dagger, there was no disputing the fact that this woman was the lethal poison Rocket needed to thrive during these times. But that didn't automatically mean Felix liked the decision.

Heavy footsteps marched down the hallways of Rocket HQ as he moved through another corridor. This continued for two more corridors and two more turns, ending with the finality of a firm rap against the newly polished wooden door.

No invitation had been sent prior to this, nor call to mark the meeting. Just a solid knock.

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
Bury me in the roses and rot; I'll come back thorned.
awards
4,388 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
PLEASE
POSTED ON Sept 9, 2022 0:00:06 GMT
Elisabeth Fiorelli Avatar
[attr=class,elisafont]
[googlefont=Meddon]
S'il Vous Plaît
[break][break]
[break]
The more things changed, the more they stayed the same.

Workless nights that had once been lost to idle conversation and poetry by candlelight had been replaced by countless hours spent leaning over an antique desk, tired eyes straining to read an endless sea of files she now had access to as an Rocket admin.

The amount of knowledge that Elisabeth felt she had to learn to achieve the level of competency her rank demanded felt daunting, but she was nothing if not determined.

A spiteful and competitive nature prevented her from surrendering to ignorance.

Her Misdreavus noticed the intruder at the door first, phasing through it to greet the visitor with a wide-eyed, manic smile as her mistress called, "Come in."

Elisabeth rubbed her eyes, purple circles underneath deepening by the day. For most places in Hoenn, this would be a surprising time to receive visitors.

Yet in Rocket, as ever, most business was conducted under cover of night.

[break]
[break]
[break]
Social ✿ Outfit
[break]
[break]
[newclass=".elisafont b"]color: #7bb661;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
PLEASE
POSTED ON Sept 9, 2022 1:50:41 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
The bile of noxious emotions was swallowed down at the click of the door handle. One swing was all it took to rip it wide open, revealing what looked to be one tired, overworked florist tucked behind her desk. If not for his purpose of barging in, he'd wonder if she was alright, and maybe even ensured her it'd be okay to take a break. More than anyone else, he'd understand the urge to drive nose deep into a sea of work, all for the flimsy gratification of being competent in his position. But he couldn't. Not today, at least.

"Hard at work?"
For the first time in what felt like years, the admin had to neatly tuck away the emotions threatening to leak out from behind his stony mask. What was once a natural expression was now a facade delicately crafted for the woman's attentive gaze. Slowly, he approached the desk, green eyes scaling up it's elegant designs.

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,388 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
PLEASE
POSTED ON Sept 9, 2022 1:55:42 GMT
[attr=class,elisafont]
[googlefont=Meddon]
S'il Vous Plaît
[break][break]
[break]
"Felix."

Her emerald eyes glanced up to meet his, holding his gaze for a moment as genuine surprise flashed across her features. Where his was a mask of composure, hers was drawn with too much exhaustion to promise the same; a weary smile greeted him, and the files in her hands were summarily discarded and swept aside.

"It's been some time. How is your promotion treating you, Admin Gallagher?"

Perhaps it was fondness that made her assume this was a social call, and nothing darker or more unpleasant in nature.

[break]
[break]
[break]
Social ✿ Outfit
[break]
[break]
close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
PLEASE
POSTED ON Sept 9, 2022 2:11:59 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
"Well enough."

A free hand tilted back the spare chair sat before her desk, scooting it far out enough for him to slip into it with general ease. Leaning forward, he took a quick gander at the sprawled-out files coating the top of her desk. It looked identical to the ones he'd pulled out just the other day in a similar attempt to play catch up.

"It's nice finally having an escape from the grunt work." He forced himself to smile at the joke, parading an air of casualty. If he were to approach the lioness, he'd have to do it carefully. Smoothly. "I see you're going through some of the files as well. What do you think of them so far?"

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,388 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
PLEASE
POSTED ON Sept 9, 2022 2:25:50 GMT
[attr=class,elisafont]
[googlefont=Meddon]
S'il Vous Plaît
[break][break]
[break]
"I can't say I miss smuggling Shiinotic, no."

Whatever cunning or guile he had brought into the room went unnoticed in the shadows of her office; the scent of Casablanca lilies wafted in from the windowsill with its cloying perfume, distracting and heady.

In answer to his question, she let out a faint sigh of laughter, sprawling out the files before her as if they were playing cards.

"Which files?" she asked, grinning. "Merde, I do not know where to begin. There are so many studies I've stumbled on that I had no idea the Rocket labs were even focused on, let alone how impactful some of them might be."

Pale fingertips reached for a portfolio beside her, rifling through it as she continued with a relaxed candor, "Then there is the matter of delegating grunts to tasks, and learning which recruits are suited to which missions..."

Another laugh took hold of her, dark in its humor, but not defeated.

"It is dizzying, Felix. And that is all before we even discuss the current political landscape of Hoenn, or the events of the Darkest Day."

She rested her chin on her hand, looking up at him again with a sort of bemusement.

"I think they promoted me because I have too much time to spare. What about you? How are you handling all this?"

[break]
[break]
[break]
Social ✿ Outfit
[break]
[break]
close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
PLEASE
POSTED ON Sept 9, 2022 2:57:59 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
"I think they promoted me because I have too much time to spare. What about you? How are you handling all this?"

The words pinned his heart up on the stake, cold and vulnerable, as if she had seen through every piece of hesitation that laced his thoughts ever since her promotion went through. He heaved a heavy sigh as he stirred in the chair, legs uncrossing and recrossing in the opposite manner.

"Not much better than you," he admitted, genuinely. Although this topic wasn't his initial intention when entering the office, it felt good to take a moment to let out a bit of steam. There were few who'd understand the pressure they were suddenly put under, and even fewer he'd thought to confine in. @elisebeth and himself might've been far from confessing what they saw upon their first meeting, but at the very least, he felt safe in revealing some truths behind his typically stoic persona. "I can handle delegation just fine -- been doing it for years already, so it's nothing I haven't seen before -- but science reports? Those are beyond me."

Which was unfortunate.

He shifted again, eyes glancing out to the décor of the office. It was nice-- far nicer than his own. "I've also been trying to," how does he put it? "socialize with the new recruits. As per underboss  's suggestion."

For a second there, he had almost forgotten his objective and the emotions that came with it. Swallowing down another ball of hesitation, his fingers lightly rapped the edges of the chair's armrest. Let it come out naturally, he told himself. Though, his patience was wearing thin.

"...Did you ask for the promotion? Or was did it come as a surprise?"

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,388 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
PLEASE
POSTED ON Sept 9, 2022 3:06:12 GMT
[attr=class,elisafont]
[googlefont=Meddon]
S'il Vous Plaît
[break][break]
[break]
His inner turmoil veiled itself so well beneath his usual stoicism that Elisabeth continued on blithely, her own voice becoming animated with enthusiasm.

"I have always loved research. I meant to study botany and plant physiology, once, a long time ago. It's strange, but being here, I feel almost like I get to enjoy that part of who I am again. It's..." She exhaled here, the rare glimpse of joy in her expression something unguarded, vulnerable in its entirety. "It's been liberating to embrace it, to be honest."

Any discomfort that Felix had about socializing was to be expected; that he, as a bodyguard, was used to delegating was likewise a given. She presumed it was the weight of their mutual responsibility that led to the tapping on his armrest, a natural result of the heaviness of the topic at hand, even given her own excitement regarding the same.

To his question, however, Elisabeth blinked her green eyes slowly, her surprise evident. "I didn't ask for the position, no." A pause, hesitant and uncertain. "Did you?"

[break]
[break]
[break]
Social ✿ Outfit
[break]
[break]
close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
PLEASE
POSTED ON Sept 14, 2022 3:50:53 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
The rare glimpse of twinkling joy left a bittersweet taste on his tongue. It was the same taste that swelled in his mouth whenever she spoke of the wonders of working under Rocket, and the feelings it allowed her to connect to. Part of it derived from the tinges of jealousy that still stirred in his stomach, while another part of it derived from the guilt of wishing she felt the exact opposite; that she despised the organization for what it was and preferred keeping an arm's length away from its operations.

At least she didn't ask for the promotion, though.

"No, I didn't either."
A short pause broke his slow, steady words. "It was brought onto me after a few conversations."

A means to garner more power -- that's why he accepted the position. Because, in the event of a hostile situation erupting between themselves and the league, it'd be the admins and underbosses who receive the first layer of defenses, and by default, that meant too. That, and having access to all the stored documentation was a chance he'd rather not give up.

"Any reason why you accepted?"

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,388 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
PLEASE
POSTED ON Sept 14, 2022 3:57:49 GMT
[attr=class,elisafont]
[googlefont=Meddon]
S'il Vous Plaît
[break][break]
[break]
It was here, in this moment, that the conversation tilted on its axis.

Elisabeth rested her elbows on the wood of her desk, perching her chin atop steepled hands as she studied intently. Only then did the hesitancy in his gaze meet her scrutiny, as did the way his legs crossed and uncrossed with something peculiar and restless.

"I would think that answer to be self-evident," she said at last, her eyebrows perceptively raised. "After all, you accepted your position for much the same reasons, didn't you?"

What fool rejects power, when it's offered for the taking?

Then again, a man like Felix Gallagher might not conceive why a woman like Elisabeth Fiorelli craved power in her own right. Perhaps her unassuming persona had achieved its desired effect, allowing her to remain insignificant and of little concern to those who might lord power over her. He knew her as someone deferent. Restrained. Inhibited.

What simmered beneath the porcelain mask was something he had only received the briefest glimpse of, she reasoned.

Ultimately it was that realisation that loosened her tongue, giving him an answer so obvious that she'd thought it needn't be spoken aloud: "Those with power shape their own destines. Those without it have their destiny shaped for them. Would you rather me be a sheep, Felix, led by someone else by the slaughter?"

A tight smile pulled on her lips, something questioning in the glare of her green eyes.

[break]
[break]
[break]
Social ✿ Outfit
[break]
[break]
close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
PLEASE
POSTED ON Sept 19, 2022 2:54:05 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
"I'd prefer you to stay alive."

There it was. The confession that was kept hidden behind tight lips and forcibly dull gazes.

If she were to stay hidden, as she had been up until then, and kept her name solely tied to that floristry shop, even if the worst were to befall the organization, he'd still be in a position to protect her. And, just maybe, she'd be able to walk away with her hands clean from the blood the organization will surely shed.

"I just..."

It was hard explaining this because frankly, he didn't fully understand where this concern was coming from. Elisabeth was a capable, grown woman, with a mind sharp enough to make her own decisions. He knew that as well as anyone else. And yet, the implication her name would brazenly be placed beside his own still made his stomach twist in on itself.

For years, he'd been forced to bear witness to countless lives getting stained in blood. That's not to mention that those who manage to survive those trials almost never come out the same.

A sigh escaped his lips as he stared back at her. When he continued his sentence, he does so softly, concern still clear in his voice and expression. "I'm just worried--" how should he explain it in words she'd understand, "that rocket would be the one shaping your fate for you." And that fate would come sooner than she'd realized.

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,388 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
PLEASE
POSTED ON Sept 19, 2022 3:42:19 GMT
[attr=class,elisafont]
[googlefont=Meddon]
S'il Vous Plaît
[break][break]
[break]
Whatever answer she had expected from , it hadn't been this one.

Elisabeth's lips parted slightly, but no words left them; the fact that he had this much investment in her livelihood hadn't occurred to her, and now that it had been stated so absolutely, she was attempting to come to terms with it.

By her own admission to him, back in her flower shop some months ago, she wasn't a person that would be worth missing.

She had no family, no friendships that spanned even a year in length, no one who loved her in the way that people so often demanded to be loved. These attachments did not exist for her, in her mind. She was something rootless, ungrounded, and untethered to anything except the crime syndicate she had latched herself onto, like a vine snaking up a trellis of the Rocket hierarchy.

"Of what use would I be to you, as I was?" she managed finally. "I don't understand. As an admin, I have more control than I ever have had in the Rocket organisation. I make more decisions. My word holds more weight than it ever did before."

And then, with sudden crystal clarity, a realisation hit her that shifted the way she viewed him across from her: he held a misconception, one that she had long ridden herself of as childish naivete. Her voice softened as she ventured to speak it aloud, testing the waters as she murmured:

"Do you suppose if I was not in Rocket, Felix, that my life would be wholly my own?"

[break]
[break]
[break]
Social ✿ Outfit
[break]
[break]
close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
PLEASE
POSTED ON Sept 19, 2022 4:23:22 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
"Of what use would I be to you, as I was?"

Nothing. She'd have no use to him, or have a say in their games for power. Her value would've remained the same as it was back in those woods when the thought of her death carried no weight on his mind.

No, that was naïve to think. Whether he understood these feelings or not didn't matter -- at the very least, he had to be honest with himself and the conclusion that spat back at him: she didn't need to be of use to him to warrant his protection. Because now, after all these conversations and time spent learning of one another, she had gained more worth in his eyes than almost anyone else within the organization.

When he opened his mouth to explain this, she had already continued, airing out a question that came to surprise him.

"I don't know."

His response came quick, slickened by what he thought to be a mutual understanding of the chains that bound both of them in vastly different ways.

"But..." The thought struggled to come out. No matter how similar they may be, their time spent on that rink proved that they were far from the same person, and his inabilities didn't necessarily mirror her own. Just because he failed to take hold of his life, time and time again, didn't mean she'd have to share the same fate. "I think it can be."

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,388 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
PLEASE
POSTED ON Sept 19, 2022 4:35:07 GMT
[attr=class,elisafont]
[googlefont=Meddon]
S'il Vous Plaît
[break][break]
[break]
"I think it can be."

Visibly, Elisabeth flinched. Something in her coiled and knotted itself, his resolve stirring a reaction that Elisabeth had not thought it possible to imagine in herself:

Doubt.

She'd known, distantly, that most in Rocket were not here by choice. , who had said he'd always been among wolves. , who secretly dreamed of being something more than a common criminal. And , though his reasons remained unknown to her in this moment.

Her confession came out softly, hushed in the confidence in her private office:

"...I chose to join Rocket, Felix."

Had she ever told him this? Quietly, she suspected not. If he had known, perhaps he wouldn't wish to protect her so ardently. This was a cage she herself had selected, shortly after escaping her last.

"I could have lived the simple life you imagine I would have been happier living, but I came to Hoenn with other, darker intentions."

An unnamed emotion constricted her throat, and she looked away. Had she ever been asked to explain herself, for this choice that seemed so baffling to so many? Certainly Bee had found it astonishing. When explaining it to , however, he had understood her.

"I've made my own decisions, and I am prepared to face whatever the consequences for them might be. Does it comfort you, at least, to know I walked into the Pyroar den with my eyes open?"

[break]
[break]
[break]
Social ✿ Outfit
[break]
[break]
close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
PLEASE
POSTED ON Sept 24, 2022 0:55:57 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
Despite the slight expression of surprise that befell his face-- widening eyes, quirked brows, downturned lips -- this new slip of information didn't change how he felt. Because this was just another way in which they were the same.

Almost a decade ago, Felix chose to join ANVIL, and 8 years after that he chose to join Rocket. No matter what he thought of the organizations or the people within them, he signed those papers, and he accepted the blood money without any qualms about the lives he'd have to take along the way. 

What he didn't choose were the years leading up to those decisions, and the scars that came with them.

He wondered whether the same could be said for Elisabeth and the years she spent prior to her arrival along Hoenn's coastline. 

"That doesn't change anything."