Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
Bury me in the roses and rot; I'll come back thorned.
awards
4,344 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
Petalburg Cottage [TW]
POSTED ON Apr 18, 2022 15:10:32 GMT
Elisabeth Fiorelli Avatar
[nospaces]

PETALBURG COTTAGE

[break]

Between Petalburg Woods and Petalburg City, a single cottage resides as the place of one Elisabeth Fiorelli.[break][break]

Charming and quaint, this place serves as both her home and the gardens of her flower shop, Fiorelli Floristry.[break][break]

Its meadows are overseen by several Pokemon that tend to it alongside their mistress.[break][break]

OOC EXPLANATION

[break]
The following exhibit uses the imagery of Petalburg Cottage to illustrate memories from the life of its resident florist, .[break][break]

CONTENT WARNINGS (CW): [break]
The content within can deal with the following sensitive topics:[break][break]

• Domestic Abuse
  • Psychological Abuse
  • Sexual Trauma
[break]

The above warning is in place to protect sensitive readers, but the aim in their writing is to avoid glamourization of such topics, instead focusing on the cause and effect of the behaviour in Elisabeth's character development.[break][break]

TABLE OF CONTENTS

[break]
CHRONOLOGICAL[break]
*Indicates impactful story milestones. (CW) indicates "Content Warnings."
[break][break]

PROLOGUE

ACT 1: Sheltered Rose

ACT 2: Thorns of Spite

ACT 3: Smoke & Ash

EPILOGUE

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,344 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
Petalburg Cottage [TW]
POSTED ON May 5, 2022 0:02:51 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","elisatest"]
[attr="class","elisatestbody"]

EPILOGUE:[break]
"Laisse le chat tranquille"

[break]
A Vivillon with a letter tied to its leg wings off to Kalos, vanishing on the spring breeze with a clandestine missive.

To whom it may concern,[break][break]

It seems I must remind you, again, that Bortiforte Industries is no longer a corporate entity available for purchase. [break][break]

Upon my inheritance of my late husband's shares, I made the executive decision that the role of chairwoman was one I neither desired nor was suited for. [break][break]

Security and asset management technology, particularly for the military sector, is understandably a valuable resource in a time of such global unrest. The dissolution of the company resulted in each branch finding a home in umbrella corporations, rather than a singular buyout. The fact that you find this decision shocking on my part does not change the fact that this decision was taken.[break][break]

As much as Édouard would have appreciated seeing you take such a keen and enthusiastic interest in his work, I fear there is a small matter that is not being addressed by your repeated inquiries, and your increasingly absurd bids.[break][break]

You cannot seek to buy something which no longer exists.[break][break]

Do not seek to contact me again at this address. My next response will hold less restraint, and come with a lawyer's cease and desist.[break][break]

Sincerely,[break]
Elisabeth Fiorelli[break]
Dowager Countess Bortiforte

CAST:

- Édouard Bortiforte: Elisabeth's late husband. CEO of Bortiforte Industries, a Kalosian security and asset management company. Ranked a count in the nobility.[break][break]

NOTES:

- Return to chapter of contents here.

[attr="class","elisatestpkmn"]

[attr="class","elisatestcredit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".elisatest"]--accent:#df8c7d;font:12px Poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest b"]color:var(--accent);font:800 14px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest a"]font:12px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest .elisatestbody"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:18px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest .elisatestpkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest .elisatestcredit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest .elisatestcredit a"]font-size:10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,344 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
Petalburg Cottage [TW]
POSTED ON May 6, 2022 17:26:47 GMT
[nospaces]

EPILOGUE:[break]
"Cauchemar"

[break]
Nightmares plague the florist of Petalburg Cottage, whispering of another place that forever haunted her whether she was awake or dreaming.

Exhaling, Elisabeth picked up the glittering vial by her dresser and stared at it. She hated this, using a sleeping draught. It wasn't the same as poison, exactly, but it was an elixir all the same, conjured by her Vivillon's sleeping powder into a mixture that ensured hours lost to sleep for anyone who drank from it. [break][break]

Was this what Elisabeth was reduced to, now? Subduing her mind with her own drugs?[break][break]

What pathetic weakness.[break][break]

Her Leafeon nuzzled up against her, curling up beside his mistress to enter a light sleep as he snored gently. The blonde shut her eyes, threw back the vial, and waited for the heavy hammer of sleep to likewise descend upon her.[break][break]

When it did, the impact hit her swift and hard.

"I hate what you've done with your place. Insipid little fairy tale cottage. Something a little girl would think up."[break][break]

The florist recognized the slow, gravelly way that the Dowager Countess spoke before her figure came into view: seated in a plush, velvet armchair that dominated the room as a Salazzle leisurely rested at the older woman's feet. [break][break]

The cloying scent of Casablanca lilies, as always, suffocated the interior of her mother-in-law's parlor, strangling all other senses in its heady intoxication. It wasn't that Elisabeth disliked the flowers.[break][break]

Their fragrance merely erased the scent of everything else.[break][break]

"I imagine you don't hate or feel much of anything anymore, Dowager Countess," Elisabeth replied coolly, leaning back in her own seat, "considering that you're dead."[break][break]

A wheezing cackle answered, the wrinkles around the crone's eyes crinkling with amusement. "Dead, am I? Then I suppose I have you to thank for my immortality, girl. I can't think of anyone else living who would let me live in the cobwebs of their mind, as you do."[break][break]

"You were hardly invited in."[break][break]

Elisabeth was beginning to get better at this, piecing apart which nightmares were real and which were not. Although this didn't accomplish much of significance, truthfully. Her lucid dreaming granted her no power over the looms of her nightmares; the shadows of her past were plucked and re-woven into whatever ghastly recollections her subconscious saw fit to show her.[break][break]

The dowager's squinty eyes fell to the untouched cups and saucers upon the table, then flitted up to meet Elisabeth's icy stare. "Is my tea suddenly not to your liking?"[break][break]

"I prefer to prepare my own food and drink now, thank you," she replied simply.[break][break]

"Hah!" The loud sound startled the Salazzle into letting out a low hiss of irritation at its mistress, who grinned wickedly, showing a mouth of tea-stained teeth. "Not as stupid as you look, then. Good, good."[break][break]

Bracelets jangled on the noblewoman's wrists as she reached down to scratch the Salazzle's long neck, soothing the creature as it thumped its tail with delight.[break][break]

"I take credit for that, you know. This hardness in you."[break][break]

Whatever reaction that the statement was meant to invoke in Elisabeth, she refused to give it. Her gaze remained blank, her expression devoid of emotion. "I owe nothing to you or your family."[break][break]

"Oh that's not true, is it, dearie? We're alike, you and I, in so many ways." A withered hand reached forward to touch Elisabeth's cheek, the touch earning a brief flinch from the florist and nothing more. "I always thought my son would be my greatest achievement. Ironic that it was you, the daughter I never wanted."[break][break]

Elisabeth pulled away, the faintest hint of disgust ringing through her words: "I already have a mother."[break][break]

"And we're both dead, but I'm the only one your mind is reviving, aren't I?" The older woman's lips twisted into a terrible mockery of a grin. "Are you certain that you're not grateful for all those books I left behind for you to find? Your little basement filled with the knowledge I bequeathed you?"[break][break]

Her voice lowered, its cadence almost menacing.[break][break]

"Did your own mother teach you what you needed to survive in this world? Or only how to grieve it with pretty flowers?"[break][break]

Silence descended like a guillotine as Elisabeth directed a glare at the ghost so frigid, it could freeze her blossoms dead in the heat of summer.[break][break]

The old woman's grin widened, her mouth splitting apart into maddened laughter. "Oh, that stoic act of yours doesn't work on me, girl. I knew you before you learned how to wear a mask, remember?"[break][break]

"Neither you nor Édouard ever knew me," the blonde said, the words at once soft as a whisper and hard as steel.[break][break]

"No? But I know that I frighten you."

A plaintive mewling stirred Elisabeth awake, her braid coming undone as her Leafeon batted at it in an impatient bid for his mistress's attention. She rubbed the sleep from her tired eyes, the residual dizziness of the draught leaving her body aching. [break][break]

"Vile creature," she muttered, only for Clover to pout indignantly. "Oh, not you, Clover. You're lovely. Thank you for waking me."[break][break]

Outside the window, the dim final hours of night remained in full effect, although some of her Pokemon had already begun to tend to the gardens. Her Scizor, Amaranth, was pulling at the weeds, while her Goodra splashed water from her tail on the budding gardens. The flash of scales in the starlight revealed the florist's own Salazzle slithering through the tall grass, prepared to scare away any pests that dared to intrude on their solitude.[break][break]

Elisabeth's eyes followed the lizard Pokemon for a moment, lost to contemplation.[break][break]

"You don't frighten me," she murmured, resting her forehead in her hands. A throbbing headache had begun to form, exhausting her beyond the point of slumber. "None of the dead frighten me anymore."[break][break]

I frighten myself.

CAST:

- Dowager Countess Bortiforte: Elisabeth's late mother-in-law. Mistress of Bortiforte Manor until her death.[break]
- Georgiana Fiorelli: Elisabeth's late mother, baroness of a small barony outside of Camphrier Town. A Kalosian watercolour painter. Taught her daughter gardening and the language of flowers.[break]
- Édouard Bortiforte: Elisabeth's late husband. CEO of Bortiforte Industries, a Kalosian security and asset management company. Ranked a count in the nobility.[break][break]

NOTES:

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".elisatest u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest .elisatestbody"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:18px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest .elisatestpkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest .elisatestcredit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,344 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
Petalburg Cottage [TW]
POSTED ON May 13, 2022 15:52:37 GMT
[nospaces]

ACT I: Sheltered Rose[break]
"Vouloir, C’est Pouvoir"

[break]
A book clatters to the floor as Elisabeth's Leafeon and Sylveon chase one another in her bedroom, knocking her bookshelf so that a piece of yellowed paper flutters out from the upturned book.

DEAR COUNTESS ELISABETH BORTIFORTE,[break][break]

This is an acknowledgement and receipt of your approved application to the Botany & Plant Physiology program at the University of Southern Kalos on behalf of our Biology Department.[break][break]

We have yet to hear from you regarding your intention, however, to enroll in the fall semester. Please be advised that if you do not reply in a prompt manner, your slot will be given to one of the students on our waiting list.[break][break]

This will be our last attempt to reach you. If you do not reply by the period of enrollment, we will assume that you have chosen another course for your future path of study.[break][break]

You were one of our more exceptional applicants this year, and I hope to see you on campus this autumn.[break][break]

Best regards,[break]
The Director of Biology[break][break]

An unused, stamped return envelopment remains attached to the missive, bent and faded over time.

NOTES:

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,344 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
Petalburg Cottage [TW]
POSTED ON May 18, 2022 6:31:10 GMT
[nospaces]

ACT II: Thorns of Spite[break]
"Par Méchanceté"

[break]
She sleeps alone in the centre of her bed, the cottage's vast space emphatic in its solitude. Between the sheets are whispers of other nights in another bedroom, a canopied bed covered in ostentatious trappings with blankets stitched in ornamental flames. Unlike then, the only company she requires here is her own -- save for a Beautifly that flutters in the windowsill, keeping silent vigil.

(CW: Sexual Trauma/Adultery)
[break]

"You're not what I expected, Countess." The Kalosian man's voice was nameless, his face already lost to Elisabeth's memory. Some businessman who had come to Boritforte Manor seeking some of her husband's fortune -- or, no, maybe a politician?[break][break]

What was the point in memorizing a droplet in an ocean of mediocrity? He, like so many men, was just one more poor decision made in spiteful defiance of her greatest mistake: the one enshrined on the ring of her left hand.[break][break]

A shudder rippled through Elisabeth's body as the stranger's hand traced her skin, disgust and resignation alike invoked in the motion as she pulled away. "No? I find I am exactly what people expect me to be." Or at least, she had expertly molded herself to that expectation.[break][break]

'If you're going to be punished for the sin, Elisabeth, you might as well become a sinner.'
[break]

It wasn't that she enjoyed these trysts, exactly. Pleasure was rarely Elisabeth's pursuit in that regard. The knocks on her door had become a sort of guessing game after these high-profile dinners. The moment that her husband would depart for late night work hours, which of his esteemed guests would tempt a dance with the devil's bride?[break][break]

It used to shock and horrify her, how many strange men dared to risk her infamously short-tempered husband's ire and assume her own promiscuity. When Elisabeth was younger, at least. When she was loyal. When she was naïve.[break][break]

"Be mindful of the security cameras to your right when you exit," she said coolly as she gathered her discarded clothing from the floor, "unless you want your business deal with Édouard to fall through. He has a nasty temper, although if you ply him with a few drinks, you might be able to salvage things. It wouldn't be the first time someone patched things over with him."[break][break]

Though none of that mattered for her, truthfully. She'd be accused and blamed of misconduct regardless. He always knew, or imagined he knew, what betrayals Elisabeth had engaged in. Somehow that had become the one exciting component of their marriage.[break][break]

What would enrage him this time? What insults would they exchange, back and forth, sharpening cruel words against one another like knives?[break][break]

Was that the only mutual pleasure they had left?[break][break]

"What did you think I would be like?" Curiosity got the better of her as she buttoned her blouse, her voice calm and dispassionate. "Humour me."[break][break]

Elisabeth could feel the way he studied her partially dressed figure from behind, considering his reply. To her surprise, he answered her frankly: "People say you're unstable. They think you're fragile, that you used to be shy and withdrawn when you appeared more in public. I don't know, I expected someone..."[break][break]

Vulnerable. He didn't have to say the word for her to complete the thought for him in her mind.[break][break]

"I see." A pause. "Then your curiosity is adequately satisfied?"[break][break]

"I didn't expect you to be so cold."[break][break]

This always unmoored them, her own clinical and detached nature. They wanted a damsel to save. A frightened woman who would relent into their arms and weep for their pity. It wasn't out of any actual kindness on their part, Elisabeth knew -- more the high that came from an inflated sense of their own importance to her. None of them would actually take any risk that would meaningfully affect their relationship with her husband. He was too powerful, and she was too insignificant.[break][break]

She'd learned that lesson, exactly once. That was all it took to adjust her expectations.[break][break]

"He'll be home soon. You shouldn't be here when he is."[break][break]

It didn't matter how many hands she let run over her skin, in the end; the scars he'd left never went away. For all her spite, she could never hurt him as badly as he had hurt her.[break][break]

The wounds ran too deep.

NOTES:

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,344 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
Petalburg Cottage [TW]
POSTED ON May 19, 2022 6:25:28 GMT
[nospaces]

"L'innatendu"

[break]
Shaped like a rosette, a plush crimson pillow rests on the reading nook of the cottage bedroom. A Roselia sometimes sits here, although it seems entirely too small for her to rest -- shaped, instead, for cradling a far smaller Budew. Most nights, however, Primrose rests here in her Pokeball, given a place of prominence in her mistress's bedroom.

(CW: Allusions to Domestic Abuse/Miscarriage)
[break]

"What is this?" Elisabeth's voice was irritable, her expression skeptical as her husband intruded upon the seclusion of her boudoir. "A gift?" [break][break]

She'd learned not to trust the generosity of Lord Bortiforte. His kindness came in seasonal cycles, it felt like -- an outpouring of bought apology after cruel words and actions that could neither be unspoken nor undone.[break][break]

The countess pushed the ornamental box back into his large hands with a scoff. "Whatever it is, you can keep it. I have enough strings binding myself to you, I think."[break][break]

The muscle in his jaw tightened, while eyes blacker than coal studied her with their unflinching scrutiny. A voice so low it rolled like thunder finally spoke: "Don't test me, Lisa. We both know where that leads, and neither of us especially enjoys it."[break][break]

A laugh, sharp and incredulous. "I could do nothing but breathe, Édouard, and somehow face your ire. I might as well enjoy earning it."[break][break]

It was like looking upon a feral beast muzzled by taut wire, so perilous was the state of her husband's self-control. He loomed over her, each step menacing in its slow, dreadful descent bridging the distance between them, before he paused a mere hair's breadth from her. The unearthly features that had once made her husband appear darkly handsome to Elisabeth now elicited a jolt of terror at his approach: 'Never forget, Elisabeth, the devil once walked the world as an angel.'[break][break]

"Don't," he repeated as he whispered into her ear, the single syllable ringing with gentle warning as a finger grazed her cheek. "I am not a man who makes empty threats."[break][break]

This time when the box was placed into her hands, Elisabeth took it without protest. "To what do I owe the pleasure?" she managed at last, a hand gently alighting onto the latch. "Is it perhaps our anniversary?" The question was biting in its dark humor.[break][break]

His command cut through her mockery like a knife: "I tire of your theatrics, Lisa. Open it."[break][break]

The wooden lid lifted upwards, revealing a plush rosette pillow with a Pokeball seated in its centre. Disbelieving, Elisabeth's eyes glanced up to meet her husband's, for once at a loss. "I don't understand," she said at length, the words fumbling. "Édouard... are you certain you meant to give me this?" [break][break]

Her icy composure faltered in her confusion, leaving her gratitude naked and exposed at this small shred of independence offered.[break][break]

The faintest smile, for a moment, stretched across his lips. "Aren't you curious what it is?"[break][break]

She'd forgotten what he could be like, at his kindest. The further time carried them both away from who they were when they had first met, the harder it was to recall such memories. They didn't feel real, most days. [break][break]

As if the man she had met wasn't the one she had married.[break][break]

The Pokeball clicked open, and green light spilled forth to leave a small Budew in Elisabeth's arms, the tiny Grass-type blinking up at her with bright, curious eyes. "She's lovely," the blonde whispered, unable to mask her joy as she looked up at her husband. "Thank you."[break][break]

He turned away, his discomfort at the sudden shift in her demeanor palpable. Was he pleased? Or ashamed? It was difficult to glean, exactly. "You need to occupy yourself. You may believe me a monster -- and you are far from the first to do so -- but it is not, in fact, my wish for you to exist in a constant state of suffering and loneliness."[break][break]

Only as he finished speaking did Elisabeth translate the emotion interwoven in his admission: regret.[break][break]

Elisabeth's voice hushed as her own gaze averted itself to the floor. "Who told you?"[break][break]

"Does it matter? It wasn't you."[break][break]

The silence spanned what felt like several lifetimes as Elisabeth exhaled, the bitter disappointment in her husband's words somehow more damning than anything else he'd made her endure.[break][break]

"I didn't think you needed to know. It was only the first trimester."[break][break]

"Perhaps. But it was my child, too."[break][break]

A fleeting urge to take his hand came and went as Elisabeth watched the imposing figure turn to depart. Before she could act on the impulse, the Budew in her arms began to weep, as if sensing her mistress's distress. The blonde soothed her with sweet words, swaddling her as she murmured, "There, there, little one. What shall I call you? What do you think of Primose, hm?"[break][break]

By the time that Elisabeth looked up, her husband had long left her.

CAST:

NOTES:

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,344 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
Petalburg Cottage [TW]
POSTED ON May 20, 2022 6:24:19 GMT
[nospaces]

"Les Potins"

[break]
The florist of Petalburg Cottage carries herself with an impeccable composure, one that manifests itself in the distantly polite manner with which she greets her clients. For most individuals that enter her little flower shop, her tone of voice conveys nothing of the emotional state of the woman speaking, nor does her behavior betray much trace of her private inner life.[break][break]

She moves through rote motions with the grace of a Beautifly, repeating a script that she has meticulously prepared for herself to survive her civilian life. There is precious little trace of the young woman who wed her husband almost ten years ago, her heart worn openly on her sleeve.

"She's so young. Barely nineteen. Almost ten years his junior."[break][break]

Gossip traveled like wildfire in Elisabeth's new home after her arrival -- a fitting simile given the Emboars that patrolled Bortiforte Manor at every turn. It didn't matter where she wandered, or how she attempted to deafen herself to the whispers: they echoed in the halls, whether she wanted them to or not.[break][break]

"At least the children will be handsome, I suppose. Beyond that, what does she bring to marriage?"
[break][break]
"Noble blood, but no noble purse to go with it. Didn't you hear? The Fiorelli winery is going under."
[break][break]
"Well that explains her motives, then, doesn't it? What an ill-fated union."
[break][break]
"I always thought the master was smarter than this, but I suppose a pretty face ruins even clever men."
[break][break]
"Thank Arceus the Dowager Countess is here to be lady of the household. Imagine answering to a literal child."
[break][break]

The wagging tongues ceased abruptly at the looming silhouette that darkened the corridor, Lord Bortiforte's displeasure emanating like a shadow as he walked past. The way that Elisabeth clung to his arm felt timid, her eyes dutifully averting the forced veneer of politeness that stared back at her as the maids curtseyed.[break][break]

"Don't do that." Her husband's reprimand was firm, but not unkind as they walked away. "Don't give them the power to frighten you. Servants are beneath your notice, as my wife. If anything, you should frighten them."[break][break]

The young woman bit her lip, thoughts of her home in Camphrier Town rattling in her mind -- tending to roses with the gardener, assisting the cook in the kitchen, hiding Spinaraks away from the maids. It had all felt so different, so much less... oppressive, than here. [break][break]

"I'm sorry. I knew the names of everyone who worked in my parents' household." Elisabeth searched for her next words, an unease settling in as she found them wanting. "I suppose I'm not... used to thinking that way, about other people," she managed at last.[break][break]

"Then start. I won't tolerate this behavior, Lisa. Bortifortes do not yield, and you wear my name now as your own."[break][break]

Shame pressed against her chest as Elisabeth nodded, exhaling as she lifted her head high. "Forgive me, Édouard," she said, turning to look up at him with genuine apology in her eyes. "I will do better for you."[break][break]

She'd meant it, back then. With all her heart.[break][break]

And in that moment, Elisabeth even believed it, too.

CAST:

- Édouard Bortiforte: Elisabeth's late husband. CEO of Bortiforte Industries, a Kalosian security and asset management company. Ranked a count in the nobility.[break]
- Dowager Countess Bortiforte: Elisabeth's late mother-in-law. Mistress of Bortiforte Manor until her death.[break][break]

NOTES:

- Fiorelli Winery: The winery that Elisabeth's father owned in their barony outside Camphrier Town. Debt and failing business were threatening its closure by the time of Elisabeth's marriage.[break]

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,344 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
Petalburg Cottage [TW]
POSTED ON May 27, 2022 4:53:02 GMT
[nospaces]

"Perdue"

[break]
Even as the windows remain open, the transparency of the cottage stands in stark contrast to the guarded poise of the woman who lives inside. There are few visitors that see the version of her that is hidden in the darkness, solitary in the insomnia of her own thoughts.

(CW: Allusions to Domestic Abuse/Sexual Trauma)
[break]

In an unfamiliar room, in a foreign Kalosian home, Elisabeth rested her head on a bed that was not her own and cried. [break][break]

"There are times when you should not talk."[break][break]

Her husband's parting words echoed in the nothingness of her silence, the curl of his fist flashed in her mind's eye, and the shattering impact of it against the wall rattled even now in her bones.[break][break]

This first year of marriage had been an illumination of flaws and failures she'd never imagined she had. Visiting other nobility in northern Kalos had seemed exciting, at first. A welcome deviation at least from a norm that was increasingly unsettling, under the eye of a mother-in-law who seemed to disdain sharing a title with a younger, flightier creature of nineteen.[break][break]

She'd wanted to impress her husband's colleagues, to make him appear more approachable to the men with which he did business. She had wanted to show her interest in his work, to express curiosity in the corporation that he poured his heart and soul into. What had resulted was incredulous laughter, her earnestness an unveiling of her own lack of knowledge in his field.[break][break]

"Why flaunt your own ignorance? You are an extension of me as my wife, Lisa. When you appear a fool, you make me into a fool."[break][break]

A tightening of his voice, like the turning of a screw.[break][break]

"And I will not be made a fool of, not by anyone. Even you."[break][break]

The way he'd looked at Elisabeth with those storm-cast eyes frightened her. As if for a moment, the two of them had truly seen one another for the first time as they were, and not how they had imagined the other to be.[break][break]

How stupid and insignificant he thought her, now, when the petals of romance were stripped away.[break][break]

A knock at the door stirred her from her sobs. Elisabeth wiped away the tears that had dried on her cheeks, inhaling deeply as she smoothed her skirts. A smile was attempted, faint and forced as it was. [break][break]

When the door opened, she had hoped for Bortiforte. She had hoped for an apology, kinder words that might remind her of their honeymoon in Coumarine City, caresses that spoke of something gentler than the man that had left her all alone.[break][break]

Instead the master of the house greeted her, alcohol on his breath. Her confusion and innocence alike resulted in her stunned silence, and he erupted into laughter at the expression left on her face. [break][break]

"You married him for his wealth, didn't you?" the Kalosian said, shrugging. "And he didn't marry you for your mind."[break][break]

What small part of her dignity remained crumpled at his words; she managed to say something, but couldn't process her own meaning as she managed to close and lock the door. Her back slid against the wood, heart beating furiously in her chest as she cradled her head in her hands. [break][break]

So that was how he saw her. How they all saw her. A stupid whore.[break][break]

Self-doubt settled into the crevices of her mind, black and thick as tar. It lingered there, and never left her.

CAST:

- Édouard Bortiforte: Elisabeth's late husband. CEO of Bortiforte Industries, a Kalosian security and asset management company. Ranked a count in the nobility.[break]
- Dowager Countess Bortiforte: Elisabeth's late mother-in-law. Mistress of Bortiforte Manor until her death.[break][break]

NOTES:

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,344 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
Petalburg Cottage [TW]
POSTED ON Jun 2, 2022 23:48:17 GMT
[nospaces]

PROLOGUE:[break]

"Mon Amour"

[break]
Flowers hold ancient expressions of love and sentiment. The florist of Petalburg Cottage deals in them often, the petals of her trade speaking sweet nothings that she translates on behalf of her clients. And although romance is a topic often found within her home, it is one that does not translate to the woman who oversees its sale.

"I wonder how clearly you see me." [break][break]

Édouard's words carried to Elisabeth as she rested her head in his lap, the gentle warmth of his proximity suffusing her with a soft, contented pleasure. His fingers found themselves in the curls of her long blonde hair, caressing it with all the care of one treasuring a fragile, precious thing.[break][break]

"How do you want me to see you?" Elisabeth murmured in reply, looking up at him. Her guileless green eyes met his, their coal black stare impassive and distant. She longed to know what thoughts invoked such strange worries in him.[break][break]

"Now that is a dangerous question." He chuckled, the sound darkly rumbling and resonant within his chest. "Lisa, you are the only person who has ever called me kind."[break][break]

This confession stirred something deep in her, an ache of pathos that led to her own emotional answer: "Then others do not know you as I know you."[break][break]

"Perhaps. Or you are the only one who doesn't know me."[break][break]

His resignation spoke of something additionally unspoken, a sort of guilt that Elisabeth couldn't place. She tentatively reached upwards to cup his cheek, rising up from his embrace to hold his face tenderly in her hands.[break][break]

"I do not accept that." Her lips met his, soft and sweet, pulling him close to her with a sentimentality born of idealistic conviction. "You," she said between breaths, "are perfect to me. And I love you as you are."[break][break]

"Are you a fool, I wonder?" he said, studying her as if searching for a hint of dishonesty. Finding none, he laughed, as if disbelieving. "You make me want to be the way that you see me, at least."[break][break]

"Then merely stay as you are," she said, and smiled at him as if all of life truly were that simple. "And I'll do you the same courtesy."[break][break]

He didn't change, in the end. She'd learn that soon enough, after an exchange of vows and the shackle of a ring on her finger. He always was what he warned her he would be; her eyes had merely been blinded by the dream of what he could have been.[break][break]

But she would change. [break][break]

For better and for worse, she would change.

CAST:

NOTES:

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,344 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
Petalburg Cottage [TW]
POSTED ON Aug 4, 2022 2:01:23 GMT
[nospaces]

ACT III: Smoke and Ash[break]

"Au Revoir"

[break]
In the basement of her cottage, guarded by her Ariados, countless jars and vials of poisons await use -- intricately labeled and impeccably arranged. An elaborate series of locks prevents entry, the master key the very rosette ring that the mistress of the house wears on her left hand.

(CW: Poisoning/Allusions to Domestic Abuse)
[break]

"Why?"[break][break]

Elisabeth looked up from her book, her eyebrows ever so faintly lifted as she met her husband's stare. "Why what?" she repeated gently. His face was pale and wan; his breathing, haggard; his eyes, dull and nearly lifeless.[break][break]

A loud, hacking cough rattled his lungs. "Every night. Why are you here with me?"[break][break]

The book's cover closed, the pages pressed together beneath her steady hands. "Till death do us part," she said, her voice uncharacteristically soft. "That was the agreement, wasn't it?"[break][break]

"It wouldn't be the first vow either of us broke."[break][break]

That elicited the slightest dark chuckle from her. And a pang of guilt that she suppressed, lowering her eyes. "Do you want me to leave?"[break][break]

"No. Stay." The low baritone of his reply was immediate, but no elaboration for it came. Instead, silence settled between them, something awkward and discomforting. [break][break]

"I loathe being idle," finally broke the stillness, creaking with his groaning reply. "Knowing others are running the company into the ground. Killing my legacy."[break][break]

"I know. You love your work more than anything else in the world," came Elisabeth's mild reply. There was no bitterness in the admission; it was merely a fact, one she had long resigned herself to.[break][break]

"It wasn't always that way." Once more, a quiet pressure inserted itself, before he continued, "Am I dying, Lisa?"[break][break]

She shut her eyes, nails fastening onto her thighs. "Don't say that, Édouard--"[break][break]

"Am I dying, Lisa? Tell me." This time, she didn't respond, and in that he found his answer. "I can feel it. My mind isn't as sharp as it was. My body barely obeys me. It's torture, being awake and not alive."[break][break]

"I'm sorry," Elisabeth said at last, the admission barely a whisper.[break][break]

"Are you, I wonder? You'll be rid of me soon enough." Another rattling cough, another creak of the bed as he leaned back in misery. "And yet you are here beside me. As if you expect you'll miss me."[break][break]

Again, he asked her: "Why?"[break][break]

The book slipped from her fingers and fell to the floor with a clatter. She stared at its open pages, unmoving, unable to meet the intensity of his coal-black gaze.[break][break]

Finally, Elisabeth spoke in a voice so hushed he had to strain to hear her: "You're the only person in the world who knows me."[break][break]

And I'm killing you. When you die, no one in this world will know me for who I am.
[break]

"Heh. Perhaps I didn't." His shaking hand reached over to take hers, the movement causing her to flinch. For a moment, a pained look entered his gaze. "You stayed with me, Lisa. All this time. I did not anticipate that."[break][break]

Tentatively, she took her husband's hand in hers. His grip felt so much weaker now. Tender. Vulnerable. "You wanted me to stay. I did not expect that, either."[break][break]

Elisabeth closed her eyes. Swallowed. Exhaled as she turned, once more, to face him.[break][break]

"I'm sorry," she said again, and this time, she leaned over him and her lips met his. It was a soft, apologetic kiss, one that he could not meet back in equal measure. Her husband barely had the strength to live; she had sapped that and so much more from him. [break][break]

It was a pale echo of what had once been something more. Something that now was nothing but the shadow of what had once been beautiful.[break][break]

When he spoke next, it was as if she was hearing someone else, someone she had once known a long time ago: "I did love you."[break][break]

Her throat constricted, her eyes blinking back tears that she refused to let fall. "I know."[break][break]

But it's not enough. It was never enough.
[break]

Because your love will kill me, unless I kill you first.

CAST:

NOTES:

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,344 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
Petalburg Cottage [TW]
POSTED ON Aug 7, 2022 22:28:46 GMT
[nospaces]

"Pionne"

[break]
Sometimes an uncharacteristic sharpness enters the florist's voice, the pleasantries that normally occupy her in the shop turning ominous with warning. Like a Seviper hidden among her rose briar bushes, that's always coiled and ready to strike.

They'd scarcely been married a year, and the events she was expected to attend as Lord Bortiforte's wife had already begun to blur into one another. Obligation after obligation. Lonely outing after lonely outing. Conversations that felt like a form of social combat, rather than genuine human connection.[break][break]

Elisabeth privately loathed them.[break][break]

Her mother-in-law's approach startled her, the stench of Casablanca lilies wafting from the older woman's form as she stood beside her unwanted daughter. On the outskirts of the ballroom, her husband stood in plain sight across the way: a tall, looming figure, caught in conversation with other imposing Kalosian titans of industry.[break][break]

"Free advice for you, pet." A withered hand bedazzled in rings squeezed the blonde's shoulder. "Don't pity yourself so much. It's an ugly look on such a pretty thing."[break][break]

She blinked, turning her bright eyes up to the Dowager Countess. "I don't understand your meaning," the younger woman replied slowly, carefully.[break][break]

"Play dumb, then. Someone has to look out for you, little lamb, and here I am being generous. Take my advice or leave it." The sharp bite of the Dowager's words lessened slightly, becoming a sort of purr. "Let's try this, then. What do you think separates you from everyone here?"[break][break]

The blonde swallowed, looking about herself as if searching for an answer in the crowd. "I'm younger," she attempted, looking for approval that she did not find in the matriarch's eyes. "I'm only here because of who I married?" she tried again, and this elicited an irritated sigh.[break][break]

"Everyone else here knows what power they control. You like chess, don't you?" A thin smile cracked the older woman's wrinkled visage. "You're the only one moving a pawn on the chessboard. That's why no one respects you, dearie."[break][break]

Elisabeth wrung her hands before her, eyes lowered. "I don't know what you expect me to say to that," she murmured.[break][break]

"You married a King, didn't you? And yet you aren't playing moves like a Queen. You have many more maneuvers available to you than you realize." The Dowager clicked her tongue. "You focus instead on what you do not have. My son doesn't love you anymore, and so? You don't need his love. It's a fickle emotion to begin with."[break][break]

Something in Elisabeth tightened at this unexpected attack, springing a defensive retort: "That's not true--!"[break][break]

The Dowager's voice became sharp, cutting her silent: "I'm not blind. I see what goes on in my own home. And I repeat, you do not need his love." Suddenly she seized Elisabeth by the chin, bringing the startled girl's eyes to meet her own glittering black gaze. "So here is my advice. Earn his respect. It will last your marriage longer than any silly romance will."[break][break]

Abruptly the Dowager released Elisabeth from her grip, vanishing once more into the miasma of the Kalosian upper class in a swirl of lavender skirts.[break][break]

"If you want to be taken seriously, stop playing like a pawn, child. That's all."

CAST:

- Dowager Countess Boritforite: Elisabeth's late mother-in-law. Mistress of Bortiforte Manor until her death.[break]

NOTES:

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,344 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
Petalburg Cottage [TW]
POSTED ON Aug 10, 2022 21:17:48 GMT
[nospaces]

PROLOGUE:[break]

"Agneau"

[break]
The gardens outside flourish with countless Bug-type Pokemon, flocking from flower to flower as the florist allows them to stay awhile. She seems unbothered by the Wurmples, Weedles, and Caterpie that linger here, finding comfort in their company.

Elisabeth peeked an eye through the pantry door, the tiny Wurmple in her arms cradled protectively close. She pressed a finger to her lips, shushing the Bug-type Pokemon as they hid from the maids. [break][break]

"You're safe with me, Daisy," she whispered, crouching in the shadows. "They won't look for us here."[break][break]

Though of course, they would eventually. Children were the worst judge of their own cleverness.[break][break]

"...I don't see why you're being so stubborn about this, Francis."[break][break]

The child's ears perked up at the familiar voice. Mère? [break][break]

"Don't you?" came her father's indignant retort. "Haven't you seen what happens to those girls when they go off to Lumiose City? They change, Gigi. The city warps them."[break][break]

"You can't hide your daughter from the world forever. Nor should we. She doesn't have friends here, mon amour. Don't you think she'd benefit from schooling with others?"[break][break]

"Are they... fighting?" The blonde huddled lower, burying her face into her knees as the Wurmple snuggled up to her. "Did I make them fight?"[break][break]

When her father spoke next, it was pleading: "She's a gentle and kind soul. You yourself know how cutthroat the higher echelons of Lumiose City are. Would you really subject her to that?"[break][break]

But her mother's voice only became sharper: "Yes. Because if we don't now, Francis, then by the time she needs to be ready for it, such learning will be long overdue."[break][break]

The pause that lingered was so heavy it made shivers crawl up and down Elisabeth's spine, and she clapped her hands on her ears, trying in vain to tune them out.[break][break]

"You act as if we're raising a lamb for slaughter," her father pouted.[break][break]

"And you act as if boarding school is a death sentence," her mother coolly replied.[break][break]

Here, something like shame settled in the silence.[break][break]

"...Be that as it may, it's one we can't afford, Gigi. The debt is worse than you know."[break][break]

A low hiss exhaled through clenched teeth. "Merde, Francis. Again?"[break][break]

Daisy the Wurmple crawled up her mistress's arm, tickling her as she nestled up to her neck. The sound made Elisabeth laugh despite herself, and the arguing came to a complete and abrupt halt.[break][break]

And slowly, the pantry door opened, and a sliver of light revealed the young girl hiding in the cupboards.

CAST:

- Francis Fiorelli: Elisabeth's late father, baron of a small barony outside of Camphrier Town, where he ran the Fiorelli Winery. A kind and idealistic man, but one addicted to gambling, and living in a specter of debt.[break]
- Georgiana Fiorelli: Elisabeth's late mother, baroness of a small barony outside of Camphrier Town. A Kalosian watercolour painter. Taught her daughter gardening and the language of flowers.[break][break]

NOTES:

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,344 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
Petalburg Cottage [TW]
POSTED ON Aug 11, 2022 4:11:45 GMT
[nospaces]

"Châtiment"

[break]
Exactly three Pokémon joined the florist upon her arrival in Hoenn: a Roselia, a Vileplume, and a Misdreavus. None of which were her first Pokémon: a wild Wurmple raised from childhood onward into a stunning Beautifly.

(CW: Physical Abuse and Allusions to Domestic Abuse/Adultery)[break][break]

"Salope! Pute! Garce!" [break][break]

Elisabeth spat out each insult at her mother-in-law like fire, her thrashing form restrained by the men who stood guard outside the older woman's parlor. [break][break]

A Beautifly's immobile, taxidermized corpse was pinned to the wall behind the elder noblewoman, its exquisitely marked wings displayed in full view. [break][break]

"How could you?" Elisabeth whispered, tears welling in her red eyes. "How could you kill her?! She was the only thing left in the world that was mine."[break][break]

The young woman threw herself against the more powerful guards over and over, struggling to no avail as she dissolved into sobs. Her pitiful attempt at rebellion was witnessed with an indifferent silence, until at last Elisabeth's head hung low in defeat.[break][break]

Only then did they release her, abandoning Elisabeth to the stoic woman beyond the open doors. Their eyes, however, never left her.[break][break]

"What did you expect to happen?"The matriarch's response cut through her hysterics with icy disdain. "When you slept with your guard and ran off to escape into the sunset, that is. That we would roll out a red carpet for you when you got dragged back? That we would wish you well?"[break][break]

A dark laugh bubbled up from the Dowager's throat, something guttural and joyless.[break][break]

"How cliché, dearie. You embarrass us."[break][break]

"If you despise me so much," Elisabeth said, her voice breaking as she knelt upon the floor, "why can't you just let me go?"[break][break]

In answer, the Dowager gestured airily at her with a withered hand. "Because you act like this," she said simply. "Because you are nothing but a conduit of emotion, and we can't predict what you'll do." [break][break]

Here the older woman's voice sharpened, beady eyes narrowing: "And because this impulsive nature of yours led to my son marrying you without the proper measures in place for dispatching you, should you prove as unsuitable as you have." [break][break]

A thin smile, one that relished its own cruelty, prefaced her next words: "That's why he hates you so much, you know. You remind him of his own weakness."[break][break]

Something hateful glittered in Elisabeth's eyes as she lifted her head, defiant. "Is it not enough to see me unhappy? You have to make me actively suffer now, too?"[break][break]

"Let's be clear. This is not about making you feel anything. As far as I'm concerned, your emotions are irrelevant." [break][break]

The Dowager arose from her seat, walking towards the fallen girl with slow, purposeful steps. At last she knelt before her, the cloying scent of her perfume dizzying in its headiness.[break][break]

"You acted against my family. Be grateful it was the bug I squashed, and nothing more." [break][break]

A sneer crawled across the Dowager's lips, each word dripping with derision. [break][break]

"I am sending you a message, child. The Bortifortes defend their own. If you decide to bare your fangs at wolves, don't be surprised when we bite back."[break][break]

Somehow, despite everything, this provocation resulted in the opposite of the meek reply she'd asked Elisabeth for: "You've never been my family. You monsters."[break][break]

The girl should have expected the slap before it came, striking her with raw fury. Each ring cut into her skin; blood pooled in her mouth in the aftermath, metallic in its tang.[break][break]

"Don't talk to me about family. Your own sold you out to us for money a long time ago. We can pretend otherwise, but I'm done coddling you."[break][break]

Rage coursed through Elisabeth's body, a spark stoked into useless flames of indignation. "Don't talk about them like that. You haven't the right."[break][break]

"You're the one who doesn't understand the way things stand, child." The crone's back turned, her voice rising as she crowed, "My son is going to propel Kalos into the modern age. You are but a footnote in our history, and I will be damned if a stupid girl is going to be what ruins us."[break][break]

And it was in this moment, perhaps, that this first seed of spite took root in the younger woman: something thorned and wicked, promising the flourishing of briars as of yet to come.[break][break]
I will outlast you. All of you.[break][break]
I swear it.

CAST:

- Dowager Countess Bortiforte: Elisabeth's late mother-in-law. Mistress of Bortiforte Manor until her death.[break]
- Simon Langevin: Former bodyguard at the Bortiforte Manor. Engaged in an emotional and eventual physical affair with Elisabeth during the first year of her marriage.[break]
- Francis Fiorelli: Elisabeth's late father, baron of a small barony outside of Camphrier Town, where he runs the Fiorelli Winery. A kind and idealistic man, but one addicted to gambling, and living in a specter of debt.[break]
- Georgiana Fiorelli: Elisabeth's late mother, baroness of a small barony outside of Camphrier Town. A Kalosian watercolour painter. Taught her daughter gardening and the language of flowers.[break][break]

NOTES:

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,344 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
Petalburg Cottage [TW]
POSTED ON Aug 12, 2022 7:01:50 GMT
[nospaces]

ACT III: Smoke & Ash[break]

"Le Vin Fait Chanter"

[break]
The florist of Petalburg Cottage takes a silent pleasure in sharpening the blade of her wit against worthy opponents, though precious few present themselves in her flower shop during daytime. It's in the hours of night, where crime and passion flourish most, that she often finds herself able to relish in such dark-sided revelries.

(CW: Allusions to Domestic Abuse/Verbal Abuse)[break][break]

Lumiose City represented wealth and prosperity. This glittering restaurant that looked over the cityscape was no different: a tribute to artifice and vanity. [break][break]

The two of them dressed the part well, Elisabeth thought with wry amusement. Here she was, adorned in silks and pearls like some sparkling trophy, while across from her was a handsome man that half of Kalos dared to dream would push their wheels of progress forward.[break][break]

They made for a pretty lie, at least.[break][break]

"So tell me. Is this a reward for good behaviour?" Elisabeth asked, her manicured smile offering him no warmth. The wine glass in her hands dangled slightly, refilled one too many times. "Or is this for the publicity? To make you appear a loving husband, or at least, a photogenic one?"[break][break]

His own vices differed from hers. He'd lose himself to alcohol in the privacy of his own home, but never here, in a place like this. Never where he could be visibly vulnerable.[break][break]

Édouard saved that for her, and all the misery that it entailed.[break][break]

For awhile, nothing but the sound of cutlery against the plates could be heard. "Provoke me all you like. You'll tire yourself eventually, Lisa." His coal-black eyes narrowed as they met her own, suggesting that this was not a prediction, but an order. As they landed on her, however, they softened for a moment. "You look nice today."[break][break]

"That's the duty of a walking portrait, I suppose. To be a pretty, mindless thing."[break][break]

Another long draught of wine unspooled her thoughts into a shrill, careless laugh, one that drew attention from a nearby table. [break][break]

"Are people staring?" she asked eagerly, leaning forward with her chin on her hand. "Are they calling me your femme folle?"[break][break]

"Are you quite done?" The muscle had tightened in his jaw, his irritation visible. "Or are you intent on spitting on whatever kindness I show you?"[break][break]

She reveled in this, the unmaking of him.[break][break]

"The wine here is dreadful," Elisabeth said after a moment, glaring down at the offensive red liquid. "My father would have thrown a fit. Something in the texture, I should think."[break][break]

His disgust bled through at last, leaking out through thin restraint: "You've drunk enough that no one will suspect your disdain."[break][break]

Again Elisabeth laughed in delight, her lilting Kalosian taunting him: "Ah, but Édouard! L'eau fait pleurer, le vin fait chanter."[break][break]

The clink of forks and knives punctuated the silence that fell after, one that was meant to deny her little games. [break][break]

Elisabeth knew differently, however.[break][break]

Years of marriage taught you the cracks in another person's armour. A palpable displeasure emanated from the man, a taut tension that served as one of her precious few victories to savor over him.[break][break]

She could be cruel, too. She had learned how from being with him, many times over.[break][break]

Even so, it was his moments of kindness that cut her deepest.[break][break]

"Lisa. Is there anything I could do that would make you happy?"[break][break]

This line of questioning sparked something indignant in her, flint-like eyes lasering in on him. "And what would you do with my happiness?" she sneered. "Or would you even recognize it, if you saw my happiness for what it was?"[break][break]

When he looked at her this time, it was with the flat, empty gaze of someone seeing through her: "I don't recognize you at all, when you're like this."[break][break]

It became self-sabotage, at a certain point. [break][break]

She needed him to suffer more than she wanted to be happy.

CAST:

- Francis Fiorelli: Elisabeth's late father, baron of a small barony outside of Camphrier Town, where he runs the Fiorelli Winery. A kind and idealistic man, but one addicted to gambling, and living in a specter of debt.[break][break]

NOTES:

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,344 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
Petalburg Cottage [TW]
POSTED ON Aug 16, 2022 4:36:56 GMT
[nospaces]

"Sur la Mer"

[break]
Her first summer in Hoenn, the florist of Petalburg Cottage leaves her shop unattended for days at a time. Instead of strolling the woods that had become her daily haunt, she found herself walking the shoreline, staring at an endless blue sea.

Elisabeth loved looking on the sea in the moonlight. [break][break]

The sight of Wailord rising briefly, star-dappled and splendid, caused something in her heart to sing for the beauty of it. If she looked carefully, she could sometimes see other Pokemon here: bobbing Tentacool peeking up through the waves, a Lanturn glowing dimly in the murk, or the scales of a Gyarados glinting in the light.[break][break]

"Can you believe we met Unovans today?" she said suddenly, her cheeks flushed with excitement. "I'd never heard anyone try to speak in Kalosian like that before." Genuine laughter left her lips as she turned to her husband, leaning back against the boat's railing. "We should have dinner with them again. It was fun."[break][break]

It was their second night on the luxury cruise liner, approaching Coumarine City for their honeymoon. Given this, Elisabeth didn't expect the dark mood that soured his words with accusation: "Why do you talk to people like that?"[break][break]

Elisabeth's bright smile faded somewhat, her surprise evident as she frowned at her husband. "Like what?" she echoed, tilting her head. Her ruby earrings gleamed with the motion, like blood-red tears -- a wedding gift, from the mother-in-law she had yet to properly meet.[break][break]

"Don't play coy." When Elisabeth's confusion only deepened, the man sighed, running a hand through his jet-black hair. "You have this tendency to--"[break][break]

"To what?" she insisted, utterly perplexed as she looked at him.[break][break]

"To make people feel... hm." He turned to her, and her guileless expression only seemed to exasperate him all the more. "Do you realize how rare it is for someone to listen the way it is that you do?"[break][break]

From her blank look, the thought had never occurred to her in the slightest. "Don't you find people interesting?"[break][break]

"No." The reply was immediate, his indifference to humanity palpable even in that single syllable. "No, I do not, Lisa. Most people I find insufferable beyond belief. You are the exception."[break][break]

"Mm." Elisabeth breathed in the evening air, noting the conflict inherent to his tone in silence. She looked up at the stars that glimmered above, the ship affording an exquisite view of the night sky overhead.[break][break]

She'd noticed it, the way their encounters with other couples and strangers resulted in her speaking for the both of them. How sometimes, his hand tightened on her wrist in odd moments, as if trying to insist on her attention as she shared it with others.[break][break]

Elisabeth had tried to ignore it, but she'd noticed it all the same.[break][break]

"I've always liked stories," Elisabeth said at last, turning back to him. "Don't you? I think we're all stories, in some way. And everyone's is a little bit fascinating, in the way that you learn something from every story."[break][break]

The way he studied her face in the moonlight spoke of some interrogation, searching for some slip up that could betray her even in the shadows.[break][break]

"You should be more careful, is all," he said finally, walking away. "You'll give people the wrong impression."[break][break]

No further elaboration was given as he continued his departure to their cabin, the expectation that she would follow something that didn't require voicing aloud.[break][break]

It was a quiet warning, but it was not one Elisabeth understood for what it was.[break][break]

Not only until it was already much too late.

CAST:

NOTES:

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]