snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,118 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
starry eyes
POSTED ON Sept 9, 2022 23:22:01 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana b"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]the weather is, surprisingly, perfect. sunshine, not even a cloud in the sky...

made for a picnic date, perhaps.

she's picked a decent spot by the harbor, close enough to the beach to have the breeze comb through her hair. her golurk helps her set down the blanket and they manage to get every crease out before setting the basket down on one of the corners.

and eventually, after a moment of staring up at the sky, illeana takes a seat with the automaton. they sit side by side, quiet and almost lost in thought. while her golurk rumbles soft coos of contentment, she stays silent.

a smile never quite strays from her expression.

her thoughts, though? they seem jumbled, scattered, yet cohesive all the same. they all point to one thing: will it be different? will... it end?

and like clockwork, she looks away from the sea to find the face of a frequent dweller in her mind.

her smile widens further before a hand rises, offering a soft wave.

[newclass=.illeana] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana b] color: #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
starry eyes
POSTED ON Sept 13, 2022 15:55:10 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar

From the second he woke up to the steps leading up to Lilycove's harbor, Felix kept returning to same singular thought: this was a bad idea.

What if saw? Or ? Their thoughts of him didn't matter -- they can doubt his loyalty if they wanted to -- but how about Illeana? As head scientist, she was already well within their radar, Felix couldn't change that, and he
that well enough. But, to be seen cuddling up to the organization's Admin... that'd add some notes to her profile.

Weighed down by these muddling thoughts, Felix's heavy footsteps stomped down city's white cobblestone roads and his narrowed eyes surveyed the area every other step. His Pokemon were already out and about, scurrying down the different pathways of the city and encircling up over the city's skylines, all with the same goal of sniffing out any rocket activity.

Only after the area was cleared did he show up.

"Hey." Low and gruff, the man's voice barely carried over as he approached her. She was as beauitful as ever; big, starry eyes that sent his head buzzing, a smile that made his heart twitch, a voice that made time itself stop. Even for someone like him, it was hard to keep impassive.

Sprawled out legs and steady arms slowly carried him down to the ground, right beside her.

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,118 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
starry eyes
POSTED ON Sept 13, 2022 20:21:56 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]"hey," she echoes. it's soft, delicate in a way that's almost tentative.

there's more between them now than just creation research and childhood memories.

and she's not sure if she should simply... be the same or if it's supposed to be different.

he settles beside her with minimal effort and her golurk rises to leave the pair by themselves. the automaton perches itself as a guard, its back to them as it takes in the entrance to the harbor.

"thank you for coming."

she forgets if this was her idea or his. either way, his presence is a welcome highlight compared to tension filled halls in the science wing of the league's headquarters. here, with the warm sea breeze running fingers through the ends of her hair, she feels lighter somehow. better, perhaps.

her head turns to steal a glance at him, even if eyes linger on the lower half of his face. it takes a moment before they meet his, bright and anxious.

"are you, um, hungry?"

[newclass=.illeana] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
starry eyes
POSTED ON Sept 26, 2022 14:37:32 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar

Illeana was poison on his mind.

Starting out small, like insignificant laceration across the arm, the woman laid her mark on him. Then, over time, the infection grew, first overtaking the small section in which it originated from, then moving onto the next, and then the next, until every thought bled her name and her presence became irreplaceable.

"Of course."

Felix only prayed her effect hadn't reached his features yet.

At the mention of food, he looked over, brows raised. Until it all connected; this was a picnic and he had forgotten to bring his part of the feast. That is, until Gallade gave his arm a nudge and shoved a handful of food into his arms. There were at least 10 mini sandwiches pinwheeled around a cheese cube center, as well as some grape, which came in a separate bag.

"I didn't know what to bring," he admitted, honestly, "I hope this works."

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,118 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
starry eyes
POSTED ON Sept 26, 2022 23:19:47 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]in the end, she leans into his presence with a soft warmth to his side.

it's silly to let her anxieties run wild, isn't it? people always speak of living in the here and now... maybe it's time she tried it out for herself.

"oh, it's okay!"

her smile widens. it softens into the curves of her cheeks as his gallade all but shoves a tray of food into his arms. the action, alone, earns a laugh and a nod of appreciation toward the psychic type. surprisingly, it doesn't hurt much anymore to look at it, either.

"it works perfectly, i promise."

she shifts, then, to reach over his lap for the basket next to him. from it, she pulls a bottle of wine, glasses, cheese, crackers, and those stupid little finger cakes she can't ever stop eating.

once everything is spread out, she has to stop herself from staring longingly at the bottle of wine. not yet, food first...

"okay," she murmurs, turning to felix with a satisfied look. "i think that's everything?"

close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
starry eyes
POSTED ON Sept 28, 2022 3:16:37 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
As always, the scientist was more prepared than he'd ever been for an outing, pulling out a basket filled with cheeses and wine and everything else someone could've thought of.

"It looks perfect."

Leaning forward, he stretched out his arm to grab the container holding the cheese. Its top came off with one simple lift, fitting perfectly beneath the container. Gently, he plucked one chunk and offered it to Illeana, the same way he'd seen from those old movies his brother would force him to watch.

"You first."

@tag

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,118 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
starry eyes
POSTED ON Oct 1, 2022 2:46:19 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]a proud smile is quick to overtake her face.

a perfect picnic. who knew they'd be able to pull it off? truth be told, she spent hours in a single aisle of the store trying to pick out a good type of cheese...

he shifts, then, and the sound of plastic popping off a container draws her attention. a cube of cheese is plucked up and offered to her. the action catches her a little off guard, eyes darting up to his with hesitation.

is he... trying to feed her?

she flushes pink at the thought but leans in and, well, eats the cheese from his fingers. the flush grows when she pulls away, a small smile tugging her lips up.

"you next."

overhead, a gaggle of seagulls squawk at the sight of food. they circle like vultures, waiting for the perfect moment to swoop in...

close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
starry eyes
POSTED ON Oct 5, 2022 1:52:48 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
This was good, right? He wasn't being, what would always tell him, too 'cheesy'?

Frankly, intimate moments like these were often bittersweet for Felix. While he enjoyed spending time with , which is a rarity given his stance on most people, more often than not, the stoic man would find himself confused. Lost as to what was deemed acceptable, or what the movies had lied to him about.

Felix could always default to what he'd naturally say or do, but... from what people have told him before, he had an inkling it would fall short of expectation.

Her small smile worked wonders on his chest, tightening it until he was forced to take another breath. To 's words, he silently nodded, accepting his side of the exchange by plucking another chunk for himself.

"How are you holding up?" The question came after a series of unfortunate circumstances, for both herself and the region she helped lead. Leaning back and pushing most of his weight onto his propped-up arms, Felix's eyes flicked upward, taking note of the pesky avians encircling their picnic.

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,118 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
starry eyes
POSTED ON Oct 8, 2022 23:34:01 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]truthfully, he could do whatever he'd like, act however he deems fit... she would still gravitate toward him regardless like a moon orbiting around a planet. what's stopping her from being the rings to his saturn?

the question makes her pause, eyes slightly widening. despite herself, she's still caught off guard by the concept. perhaps it's merely because she hasn't quite stopped long enough to consider how she's actually doing.

she reaches over after a moment and grabs a wine glass before opening the bottle.

something about peeling back layers of her composure demands a drink, it seems...

she speaks as she pours, eyes focused more on the wine than the words.

"i've been better, honestly."

the bottle shakes slightly. she ignores it to top off the glass before extending it over to him in the form of an offer.

"i managed to alienate half of my colleagues and demote myself in rank so it's, uh, fine i guess?"

the little laugh that follows sounds slightly hollow. she shuffles on to turn the question back over to him.

"anyway, how're you handling everything with our impending doom and all?"

the wingulls only half drown her out, circling closer toward them than before.

close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
starry eyes
POSTED ON Oct 19, 2022 3:03:29 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
Frowning, Felix plucked the second glass, tilting it as to ask for a short pour. He was more of a whiskey man himself, but even so, the bottle called out to him.

"You'll bounce back," He reassured her with a nod. The League's structure was a foreign concept to a militaristic man like himself, but regardless, if anyone could do it, it'd be .

"I'm fine, but 's been a bit..."

How should he say this?

"On edge."

With this whole impending doom situation being blown up on every media news site on the planet, it was hard to expect a teenager to remain calm.

Felix breathed out a sigh. "I'm unsure how to deal with it. Nothing I say works."

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,118 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
starry eyes
POSTED ON Oct 19, 2022 16:31:57 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]the concept of bouncing back rolls off her shoulders with a light shrug. whether it's out of defeat or bitterness, she isn't sure.

and in the recesses of the mind, she mulls over a silent question: does she even want to bounce back?

she pours wine into the glass with a quick, short motion. it stops when the glass is half full. or, perhaps, half empty...

"has he?"

it's a gentle question, not quite prying but curious enough to tread water in the same territory.

after a moment, she glances toward him and her eyes soften subconsciously.

"sometimes words aren't the best way of comforting someone. your presence might be a better option or, um, a distraction away from the situation could help."

close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
starry eyes
POSTED ON Oct 22, 2022 6:15:35 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
"Hm..."

A distraction.

With the region's impending doom dominating his workstation's radio waves and workload, it'd become increasingly difficult to focus on much else. Even .

Still, he mused over 's suggestion as he tipped back his wine glass and took the first sip of the night.

"I'll give it a try then."

Curious eyes consumed the rest of the meal. It looked to have been preplanned to hell, containing an assortment of cheeses Felix assumed to be expensive. Maybe the Ferris wheel sandwiches were a mistake...

"If it were you, what would you want to do as a distraction, then?"

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,118 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
starry eyes
POSTED ON Oct 22, 2022 22:34:58 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]she flashes a small smile over the rim of her wine glass.

"i hope it helps a bit."

and really, she does. the sense of unnerving anxiety that comes with thoughts of the apocalypse is something she wouldn't wish on anyone, least of all .

the question makes her turn more contemplative than she'd prefer.

it should, realistically, be an easy question to answer. her favorite things, activities, people...

and yet, she finds it difficult to pinpoint exactly what she'd do. what's a good distraction in the face of a meteor, anyway?

a long sip of wine is taken first before she answers.

"spend time with the people i love, maybe?"

a romantic concept but truthful. her shoulders shrug eventually, as if she isn't quite sold on the idea.

"or... perhaps work as i always do."

there's a mindlessness she appreciates that can only be found in the lab sometimes. either way, she turns a curious eye to him.

"what would you do?"

close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
starry eyes
POSTED ON Nov 11, 2022 4:49:57 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
"Hm."

People she loves? Work?

Felix could relate more to the second answer, though, it was only because work was his go-to distraction from everything. From the ripe age of eighteen onwards, there hasn't been a single problem to weigh on his mind that work wasn't able to properly fix.

"Work," He shrugged, resting more of his weight onto the left arm he kept propped up behind, allowing him to lean more of his body weight closer toward her. A heavy sigh heaved out and his entire chest shuddered. "It's what I always do, at least."

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,118 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
starry eyes
POSTED ON Nov 15, 2022 4:10:09 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]she hums, sipping his answer down with wine.

it's to be expected, really, that he'd focus solely on work. he's never seemed to be the lounging and relaxing type. instead, she's found that he prefers to be on his feet and moving.

"do you ever get the urge to do something other than the usual?"

outside of the norm seems fitting for the end of times.

she gravitates toward his side, arm brushing against arm. and when she glances toward him, her smile is warm.

"might as well do something different if the world's ending, right?"