December 23
Oreburgh City, Sinnoh
Bisexual
Ranger
Cadet
Widowed, Not Looking
5 height
5 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
37 posts
SACHA ROSIER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sacha
SACHA ROSIER
it has begun. [s]
POSTED ON Sept 10, 2022 13:02:36 GMT
SACHA ROSIER Avatar
It was his normal route along the outskirts of Fortree, Cherie trotting happily beside him. The weather was misty that morning, which made visibility considerably more difficult to see through. But with a nose like Cherie's, the two of them didn't really have much to worry about. With a cigarette in between his lips, the former coal miner turned ranger kept his gaze scanning back and forth along the paths in front of them.

The sound of a heavy 'thwump' caught his attention to his left and Sacha paused, reaching a hand back for Alain's pokeball, the ranger hesitated a moment, unsure of what he'd heard. Cherie, prancing from foot to foot, looked up at Sacha with big eyes and the man nodded. "Go ahead and investigate," Sacha said quietly, giving the Rockruff permission to go on ahead.

Cherie nosed her way along the path and into the misty trees. It didn't take long before she was barking back at Sacha, attempting to get his attention. She absolutely had it, and Sacha made his way after her, keeping a hand on his belt as he approached.

Sacha's heart stuttered in his chest and he paused, his brows furrowing deeply when he realized that a man had fallen out of one of the many trees. "Shit," the man said, rubbing the tip of his cigarette out on the bottom of his shoe before shoving it into his pocket. Rushing forward, he tried to take stock of the much larger, blonde man.

"Hey, are you alright?" Sacha asked, coming to his knees beside the unknown man. Reaching out, he started to shake the man's shoulder. "Oh, Arceus, you better not be fucking dead," he commented to himself, pressing two finger's to the man's neck to find a pulse.

close tab

played by

Ven

he / him / his
thirty-two
august 1
?
bisexual
?
civilian
silently judging everything
awards
112 posts
Adam Lycaon DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @adam
Adam Lycaon
it has begun. [s]
POSTED ON Sept 14, 2022 18:10:41 GMT
Adam Lycaon Avatar
[attr="class","adam"]
(direct continuation from here)

His mind felt like it had been jarred. Oh, ow, this was going to sting for days on end—

One thing that was absolutely broken was the wrist he’d landed on, currently under the rest of his body (the poor damned thing had potentially broken the entire fall?!) because the last thing—

The last thing…

What was the last thing he did? Asides from falling out of the tree?

Damn, this hurt—

A soft groaning noise was what the other man would first hear, before a coughing, hacking noise followed.

“Ow.”

+
+ ahahahahahahaha

[newclass=".adam b"] color:#dd5928;font-size:13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".adam i"] color:#dd5928;font-size:13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".adam a"] font-size:13px; font-family: courier new; text-transform: lowercase!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Lady

Sach
He/Him
December 23
Oreburgh City, Sinnoh
Bisexual
Ranger
Cadet
Widowed, Not Looking
5 height
5 height
awards
37 posts
SACHA ROSIER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sacha
SACHA ROSIER
it has begun. [s]
POSTED ON Sept 15, 2022 0:40:21 GMT
SACHA ROSIER Avatar
Okay, so not dead.

Crouching down beside Adam, Sacha looked him over. "Hey, don't move too much. I think you hit your head," Sacha said quietly, reaching out to help Adam turn onto his back.

"Did you fall out of the tree?" Sacha asked, looking Adam in the face to get a look at his eyes. He was worried that Adam had a concussion and wanted to check his pupils.

Cherie was sniffing around Adam's head and face, her tail swishing back and forth.
close tab

played by

Ven

he / him / his
thirty-two
august 1
?
bisexual
?
civilian
awards
112 posts
Adam Lycaon DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @adam
Adam Lycaon
it has begun. [s]
POSTED ON Sept 15, 2022 11:08:42 GMT
Adam Lycaon Avatar
[attr="class","adam"]

The next thing that escaped his lips was a groan, before he tried to shake his head.

That was a bad idea, because he winced as the pounding, from who the bloody hell knew where, started up in full force.

“Ow, bloody—remind me not t’ shake my head,” he hissed as he shut his eyes for a few moments and took a deep breath as he felt his center of gravity shifting so he was lying on his back, rather than on his side.

His brain still hadn’t registered the source of the pain emanating from his right arm, seeing as he was still disoriented.

“I… think so?” he breathed out once the world stopped spinning as he opened his eyes again. “Asides from my right arm feeling like it got bloody put through a meat grinder…”

There was a sniffing noise not too far from where he’d fallen, and clearly it was a canid Pokémon, tail wagging as he tried to register what was sussing at him, checking if he was alright.

“You can tell y’r canine I’m fine. Par for the course… mostly,” he continued, a weak attempt at humor.

“Y’reckon I should sit up?”

+
+ can you tell he’s trying to play off the fact he fell out of a fucking tree

[newclass=".adam a"] font-size:13px; font-family: courier new; text-transform: lowercase!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Lady

Sach
He/Him
December 23
Oreburgh City, Sinnoh
Bisexual
Ranger
Cadet
Widowed, Not Looking
5 height
5 height
awards
37 posts
SACHA ROSIER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sacha
SACHA ROSIER
it has begun. [s]
POSTED ON Sept 15, 2022 21:24:13 GMT
SACHA ROSIER Avatar
Sacha found himself making a face and flinching a bit when Adam moved, only to realize that it wasn't the greatest idea. The only thing that Sacha could think was how much he didn't want his shoes vomited on if the guy had a concussion. Not that vomit was a difficult topic... He had three kids, one of which he had raised entirely on his own for her entire little life. Throw up did not bother him. Still, he liked these shoes.

"Don't shake your head," Sacha said smartly, and then bit his tongue because that was a little too sarcastic for the situation.

"It looks like you broke your wrist," Sacha then noted, reaching over and taking his arm and lifting it a bit, only to see it flop a little limply. "Or liquified it. One of the two," Sacha snorted. "Why the fuck were you sleeping in a tree without proper gear?" the ranger asked suddenly, looking Adam in the eye.

He asked if he should sit up and Sacha quite literally leaned over and put Cherie on Adam's chest so he couldn't move. "Absolutely not. I'm getting a medic out here to make sure you've not broken your damn neck," Sacha huffed. Having Alain carry him back to Fortree was a little too risky.
close tab

played by

Ven

he / him / his
thirty-two
august 1
?
bisexual
?
civilian
awards
112 posts
Adam Lycaon DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @adam
Adam Lycaon
it has begun. [s]
POSTED ON Sept 20, 2022 21:59:32 GMT
Adam Lycaon Avatar
[attr="class","adam"]

“I took that as a bad sign, mate,” he groaned only slightly, because the moment he tried as so much to initiate a very small movement his entire world started spinning—badly.

“H-honestly, I can’t remember why I was up in the bloody damned tree,” he continued with just a slight huff in his tone. “I—I guess… I don’t have… a place to go.”

Okay, there, he just casually admitted he was bloody homeless. How embarrassing was that?

“I—I think tha’s for th’ best,” he hissed. Only now did the pain radiating from the entire length of his right arm register, and he let out another worried hiss.

“Shit.”

+
+ still downplaying it like the bloody fool that he is

close tab

played by

Lady

Sach
He/Him
December 23
Oreburgh City, Sinnoh
Bisexual
Ranger
Cadet
Widowed, Not Looking
5 height
5 height
awards
37 posts
SACHA ROSIER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sacha
SACHA ROSIER
it has begun. [s]
POSTED ON Sept 20, 2022 23:19:37 GMT
SACHA ROSIER Avatar
"Just... hold still," Sacha instructed and started to search his pockets for his phone. "Stop trying to move so much," he muttered as an additional afterthought. "Let's just get you to a medic and figure out what's broken," he sighed, starting to quietly fuss over Adam to make sure that he didn't try and get up or move too much.

He mentioned that he really didn't have a place to go and Sacha paused. "That's not acceptable. I'm all for camping, but everyone needs a place to stay. You'll stay with me since I found you," he said, not giving Adam any room to argue with him whatsoever. It wasn't going to be a discussion, and he wasn't going to put out someone who was injured and may well have a fucking awful concussion.

Finally, he turned away so he could make the phone call for a medic to come out to help them, but it was going to be a little bit. Turning back to Adam, Sacha frowned at the bigger man. "Do you know where you are?" Sacha asked, "What your name is? What day it is?" Little things that might help jog something of a memory in him... hopefully.
close tab

played by

Ven

he / him / his
thirty-two
august 1
?
bisexual
?
civilian
awards
112 posts
Adam Lycaon DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @adam
Adam Lycaon
it has begun. [s]
POSTED ON Sept 21, 2022 1:47:04 GMT
Adam Lycaon Avatar
[attr="class","adam"]

“Wha—but I can’t, I don’t want to impose on y’ too much,” he grumbled, pretty much lying down on the ground with nothing else to do but stare up at the canopy above them.

“You might have a—a family or somethin’, I don’t wan’ to take up anoth’r room if you’re already full up.”

Was he going to be this self-sacrificing? Who knew?!

“I’ll… I’ll b’ fine. Jus’… get me to the clinic an’ I’ll be out’a y’r hair soon enough,” he added with a minute sigh.

And then the questions came.

“Well, a’course I bloody know my name, it’s Adam,” he retorted. “Can’t forget that. As for what day… I think… honestly I’ve been walkin’ ‘round so much I lost track’a time.”

Another dry chuckle.

“Location? Pre’ sure this ain’t Galar, no glowin’ ‘shrooms around here, are there…”

Well it did, sort of, resemble the area close to the Glimwood Tangle, but there were, as mentioned, no glowing mushrooms around. At least, the glowy kind of moss and mushrooms that made the place leading up to Ballonlea one of the more magical places to visit.

+

close tab

played by

Lady

Sach
He/Him
December 23
Oreburgh City, Sinnoh
Bisexual
Ranger
Cadet
Widowed, Not Looking
5 height
5 height
awards
37 posts
SACHA ROSIER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sacha
SACHA ROSIER
it has begun. [s]
POSTED ON Sept 21, 2022 13:56:48 GMT
SACHA ROSIER Avatar
"It's not putting me out," Sacha said firmly, shaking his head, "I doubt the clinic has space to really keep you for too long either," he muttered, sitting on the ground beside Adam.

Thankfully, he hadn't forgotten his name or anything like that... The date was understandable, but the location... Sacha out his hands in his lap. "You're just outside of Fortree in Hoenn," the ranger murmured, watching Cherie continue to sniff about Adam as if he was going to break apart.

It didn't take as long as Sacha expected for the medics to approach from the city. The main young woman was quick to check over Adam, though she didn't say much at all. It was decided that they would have to carefully carry Adam back to Fortree, and it didn't seem like anything was broken. Using the cloth stretcher that the medics had brought, they loaded Adam up and started to carry him in the direction of the city.

Sacha followed along beside Adam, texting his mother in law to prepare the extra room for their new guest. "It's settled. We have an extra room and you'll stay there until you're on your feet," Sacha said. He would do the same for anyone, really. He wasn't about letting people remain homeless for any reason.
close tab

played by

Ven

he / him / his
thirty-two
august 1
?
bisexual
?
civilian
awards
112 posts
Adam Lycaon DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @adam
Adam Lycaon
it has begun. [s]
POSTED ON Oct 13, 2022 17:15:36 GMT
Adam Lycaon Avatar
[attr="class","adam"]

The good thing about this was that his other arm wasn’t broken, it just felt like lead when he tried to move it because the strange canine Pokémon was sniffing at him before he felt the direction of the world change and he was no longer lying on the ground but on something else—

“Bloody—no,” he grumbled in the other man’s direction. “I cannae take you up on tha—”

This was extremely embarrassing!

“I—I c’n manage af-after I can walk again,” he huffed quietly.

Of course, there wouldn’t be any walking for him—not for a good while at least.

“Bloody ‘ell, man, no—”

+

close tab

played by

Lady

Sach
He/Him
December 23
Oreburgh City, Sinnoh
Bisexual
Ranger
Cadet
Widowed, Not Looking
5 height
5 height
awards
37 posts
SACHA ROSIER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sacha
SACHA ROSIER
it has begun. [s]
POSTED ON Oct 18, 2022 0:54:56 GMT
SACHA ROSIER Avatar
Sacha was walking beside the medics as they started to walk Adam from the tree he had fallen from and onto the forest path. Shaking his head, Sacha wasn't interested in hearing the protests, feeling rather firm about his convictions on this.

"Look," Sacha said with a deep sigh, "You are injured. The clinic doesn't do long-term care, and you're homeless," the coal miner was saying firmly. "So, Adam, kindly shut up and take the hospitality," Sacha said simply. Cherie was running ahead of the group now, sniffing at everything that she came across. Literally everything. Sacha scowled, "Don't you dare eat that," he called to the Rockruff, scowling at her from where he walked beside Adam.

Glancing down at Adam, Sacha's gaze seemed to soften a bit. "Sorry," he finally mumbled, "M' name's Sacha. I'm a ranger in the area and I can't in good conscience let you recover out in the forest," the man shook his head and crossed his arms over his chest. "That said, you're not a hostage. Just trying to do something nice. I would hope someone would do it for me in your shoes," he said honestly.

The closer they got to the city, the more Sacha seemed to look around until there was a squealing "DADDY" from further up the path. The voice was tiny, but so was the toddler as Victoire ran right for her father's legs. Instead, Sacha scooped her up and threw her over his shoulder, causing the redhead to giggle wildly and kick her feet a bit. "Man, Vic, you're getting too heavy," Sacha mock complained, starting to bend his knees and pretending that he was bogged down by her weight while they walked.

Other little voices joined them, and then the tallest little girl, Camille, looked over the stretcher at Adam, going a little pale. "Daddy, is he okay?" she asked, reaching out and holding onto the back of his shirt.

Sacha looked over his shoulder, "He'll be alright. We're going to have a guest for a few days. How about you guys go on ahead and tell your grandmother," Sacha said calmly, bending down to put his giggling toddler back on her feet. Camille took Victoire's hand and then tugged on the edge of Manon's dress. The girls all tried to talk at once but Sacha shooed them off to go back to the house. The trio of redheaded girls seemed to shoot off, and the Rockruff shot after them like this was a run she was used to making all the time.

"I hope you like kids because they love people."

Here, Sacha looked down and actually smiled at Adam as they made it to the clinic.

close tab

played by

Ven

he / him / his
thirty-two
august 1
?
bisexual
?
civilian
awards
112 posts
Adam Lycaon DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @adam
Adam Lycaon
it has begun. [s]
POSTED ON Nov 1, 2022 12:10:19 GMT
Adam Lycaon Avatar
[attr="class","adam"]

At the mention of ‘kids’, it was like there was… there was an itch that revealed itself. Strangely enough, why did he feel sentimental all of a sudden?

“Ye go’ three?!” he couldn’t help but exclaim at the mentioned. Well, limited field of vision aside, he was able to discern that there were several new voices that had joined their little marching parade.

Oh, this was so bloody embarrassing!

Before long, though, the three kiddos had run off, accompanied by one overexcited canine—he could hear the scuffling sounds of the Rockruff’s footsteps fading in the distance.

“I’m tellin y’, I’ll b’ fine—”

He was honestly too embarrassed to accept help from anyone, really, plus he was a stranger to Sacha and—

“How sure are ye tha’ I’m not like th’se mad axe men?”

+

close tab

played by

Lady

Sach
He/Him
December 23
Oreburgh City, Sinnoh
Bisexual
Ranger
Cadet
Widowed, Not Looking
5 height
5 height
awards
37 posts
SACHA ROSIER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sacha
SACHA ROSIER
it has begun. [s]
POSTED ON Dec 7, 2022 0:10:27 GMT
SACHA ROSIER Avatar
"Yes, three," Sacha said calmly, like it was the most normal thing in the world. It was, to him. They were his entire world now. The reason he got up in the morning and kept on through the day. Only the nights were the loneliest, when the absence of his wife was so much more pronounced when all three girls had been put to bed. But he wasn't going to think about that now. Right now, his main concern was Adam and making sure that he was properly checked out.

In fact, he looked down at Adam again, lifting an eyebrow at Adam's question of him being an axe murderer. "Truthfully," Sacha said, being completely honest. "If you were, it would be me you have to worry about," Sacha said slowly, letting those words sink in. "You'd not have your own head for long." Besides, Sacha didn't sleep well. He was a light sleeper and any noise out of the ordinary would wake him quickly. "Just take the kindness. I'm not going to judge you and neither is anyone else in the city," he pointed out as they made it to the little clinic.

There, Adam was brought inside and into his own room where they could properly assess his injuries. Sacha sat to the side, flipping through a random carpentry magazine while the nurses worked their magic.

close tab

played by

Ven

he / him / his
thirty-two
august 1
?
bisexual
?
civilian
awards
112 posts
Adam Lycaon DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @adam
Adam Lycaon
it has begun. [s]
POSTED ON Dec 13, 2022 15:43:28 GMT
Adam Lycaon Avatar
[attr="class","adam"]

“Gah.”

He felt like one of those abandoned stuffed dolls (what was he, a Banette or something?!) that had all the stuffing knocked out of his ass once he was whisked away for further examination.

Try as he might to actually escape without the other man knowing where he was going, well, it was going to be bloody fucking impossible, the way he was being poked and prodded at.

Several hours later…

“Ow. Is… is ‘e still out there?” he grumbled, tempted to fold his arms across his chest (but realized he couldn’t because one of his arms was effectively out of commission for a good while).

Never has he felt so embarrassed falling out of a tree.

+

close tab

played by

Lady

Sach
He/Him
December 23
Oreburgh City, Sinnoh
Bisexual
Ranger
Cadet
Widowed, Not Looking
5 height
5 height
awards
37 posts
SACHA ROSIER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sacha
SACHA ROSIER
it has begun. [s]
POSTED ON Jan 28, 2023 14:22:27 GMT
SACHA ROSIER Avatar
Sacha had only needed to text his mother in law to let her know that he was going to be tied up for a while. It helped that the girls had pretty much ready blabbed to Linda about what was going on. Some texts back and forth and she was already preparing the guest room for an actual guest. There was no judgement, either, just excitement about another person to care for. Linda really was a saint in that regard.

Finally, the one of the nurses came out to get Sacha, telling him that Adam was all set and ready. Sacha would have to observe Adam all night because of the concussion, but otherwise, he should have been fine.

Stepping into the room, Sacha smiled just slightly when he saw Adam. "You did a number on yourself, it seems. How are you feeling?" the miner asked, shoving his hands casually into his pockets and watching Adam closely.