awards
640 posts
part of
TAG WITH @willow
willow atkins
away from home
POSTED ON Sept 12, 2022 0:04:43 GMT
willow atkins Avatar

she feels ridiculous. she feels electric. she feels giddy, like a kid again. anxious with butterfree in her tummy while she waits with her fingers wrapped tightly around her long-strapped purse. she sports a long yellow camisole and jean shorts, wide sunhat with a yellow ribbon tied around it. a long stem of ajuga is tucked under the ribbon.

this is different than wearing wrapped flowers tucked behind her ears, wearing confessions around because he'll never know what they mean. 

but lance? there's something special about the way he'll smile when he sees it, when understanding will dawn on him as easy as the breeze.

she checks her phone - their last few text messages where she'd promised she would be the one to go see him this time around. 
close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
lower than i thought we'd go, why'd the guilt spread so slow?
awards
1,431 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
away from home
POSTED ON Sept 12, 2022 9:44:22 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","revivedpog"]
[attr="class","top"]

it has been only slightly overwhelming having to catch up with everything that's happening and that has happened in the region, but he manages well enough to still be able to make it to their date on time. but it's not like he would've missed it for work.[break][break]

it's clear to him now that she usually takes precedence over anything else. his priorities have since shifted.[break][break]

so, it's with a smile that he greets her.[break][break]

"willow! i didn't keep you waiting, did i?" he leans in for a quick kiss on her cheek, only noticing the stem of ajuga as he pulls away. "you look beautiful."[break][break]

similarly, he pulls out a stem of blue salvia, offering it to her.[break][break]

"for you."

[attr="class","ooc"][break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-shedinja"]

[newclass=".revivedpog"]--accent:#d49736; [/newclass]

[newclass=".revivedpog blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".revivedpog blockquote b, .pizzabox blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]

[newclass=".revivedpog .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".revivedpog .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".revivedpog .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

close tab

played by

crow

will
she/her
twenty-nine
november 12
rustboro
heterosexual
horticulturist
civilian
we sewed all the holes we had to breathe
awards
640 posts
part of
TAG WITH @willow
willow atkins
away from home
POSTED ON Sept 13, 2022 1:36:00 GMT
willow atkins Avatar

"no, not at all," she says, smile melting the rest of her worry lines away. she shifts her weight to the side, suddenly a little self-conscious, and wishing she'd worn something with sleeves. her shoulders are tanned from the summer, but she absolutely sports a farmer's tan, and feels all the more ridiculous for it. 

when he comes closer, she rocks up onto her toes so he doesn't have to lean down as much, taking the offered salvia in stride. 

"so this is lilycove? i can't believe i haven't made it out here before." 
close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,431 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
away from home
POSTED ON Sept 14, 2022 7:22:50 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"this is lilycove."[break][break]

the sound of crashing waves carries over the salty breeze that flows by. they stand not too far from the pier where there are various stalls selling food, drinks, and other items that range from trinkets to groceries.[break][break]

so her choice of outfit is definitely appropriate.[break][break]

"come on. i want to show you the pier, then the beach."

[newclass=".revivedpog blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".revivedpog blockquote b, .pizzabox blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]

[newclass=".revivedpog .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".revivedpog .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

crow

will
she/her
twenty-nine
november 12
rustboro
heterosexual
horticulturist
civilian
awards
640 posts
part of
TAG WITH @willow
willow atkins
away from home
POSTED ON Sept 19, 2022 0:55:21 GMT
willow atkins Avatar

the dockside wind blows and it's a smell she's never known quite well enough to miss, but it's nostalgic all the same. it takes her just a second to slide the salvia stem behind her ribbon, fiddling with it enough where she imagines it looks fine nestled on the ajuga.

when her hands are free, she sticks one in her pocket and dares, with her other, to take his. 

"then i'd love to see the pier. then the beach." her smile is smug, eyes light. 
close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,431 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
away from home
POSTED ON Sept 29, 2022 15:45:30 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"good. then let's go."[break][break]

with his hand in hers, he leads them towards the pier, following the rest of the crowd.[break][break]

it's a day off for many so it's no surprise that there are families out and about. the occasional yelling of children doesn't disturb him much; it's mostly noise that gets filtered into the background.[break][break]

his attention is mainly on her.[break][break]

"where to first? drinks? food? or some of the games?"

close tab

played by

crow

will
she/her
twenty-nine
november 12
rustboro
heterosexual
horticulturist
civilian
awards
640 posts
part of
TAG WITH @willow
willow atkins
away from home
POSTED ON Oct 2, 2022 18:17:19 GMT
willow atkins Avatar

while lance's attention is on her, willow can only focus on what's going on around her. the hustle and bustle of the port town's life is infectious and she can't help her staring. children run around, chasing circles around their parents, and couples go about enjoying the casual day. 

oddly, she feels kind of like she's outside of it, looking in. 

"food," she says, blinking and looking back at him. she smiles apologetically. "sorry, this is a little overwhelming. in a good way!" saying i don't get out much sounds pitiful, so she doesn't. she just squeezes his hand and trusts him to lead them onward. 
close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,431 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
away from home
POSTED ON Oct 3, 2022 4:05:31 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

he felt the same way once, too, when he had first left twinleaf to embark on his grand adventure of sinnoh. to go from a quaint town no one ever thinks of to the bustling city of jubilife was jarring. he doesn't quite realize that willow might be feeling something similar until she says so.[break][break]

"oh! yeah, it can be really busy."[break][break]

his hand squeezes hers, looking to reassure.[break][break]

"food it is. this way."[break][break]

he leads her to a quieter part of the pier, away from the crowd. here, the air around them quietens enough that they can now hear the crashing waves.[break][break]

"sorry about that. i didn't think it'd be this crowded."

close tab

played by

crow

will
she/her
twenty-nine
november 12
rustboro
heterosexual
horticulturist
civilian
awards
640 posts
part of
TAG WITH @willow
willow atkins
away from home
POSTED ON Oct 4, 2022 2:58:29 GMT
willow atkins Avatar

it's not really the crowd that has her feeling a little out of it, she thinks, but she doesn't say that either because she can't really put it into words. lance's grip tightens around hers and she steps closely after him, glad he's here to lead the way for her. thankfully, he takes them by the pier, away from the noisiest parts, and the sea has her grinning. 

"it's beautiful!" a lot nicer than slateport's beaches, that's for sure. in the hottest summers, and back when her parents were still around and she could afford to, she'd packed him up and hauled him off with her for a day trip. 

long days, for sure, and most of them ended with roman fast asleep in the back of her dad's rundown pick-up truck.

"i bet the seafood's to die for. krabby cakes?" there's a fairly busy stand selling such a few paces away from them. her mouth waters. "what do you usually go for?"
close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,431 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
away from home
POSTED ON Oct 30, 2022 17:08:48 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

if only lance was a little more tuned into the moment, into them, then maybe he would've picked it up things before they became too late to fix.[break][break]

"yes, krabby cakes. they're really good here."[break][break]

fresher than they are in sinnoh.[break][break]

"gods, i love a good gumbo."[break][break]

but he tugs her along to the krabby cakes stall anyways, keen on letting her try some of what he would consider lilycove's best food.[break][break]

at the stall, he orders for them, offering to pay as well.

close tab

played by

crow

will
she/her
twenty-nine
november 12
rustboro
heterosexual
horticulturist
civilian
awards
640 posts
part of
TAG WITH @willow
willow atkins
away from home
POSTED ON Nov 6, 2022 15:10:11 GMT
willow atkins Avatar

"well, we have all day to eat," she says with a laugh as lance leads them to the krabby stand. she makes a mental note to try cooking some gumbo for him down the road if they don't manage to get some today. but for now, she takes the offered cakes with a wide smile and bites into them. 

"oh, man," she says with a thankful moan, green eyes brimming with delight. "i'll get the next round," she offers after he'd fished out some bills.

she's still not used to being doted on like this and money's a weird thing for her.
close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,431 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
away from home
POSTED ON Nov 19, 2022 11:54:17 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

once food is done, the obvious choice for them is the stall games, and after that, at the end of the pier, they'll likely end their day with a ride on the ferris wheel; activities fit for tourists, which today, they both are.[break][break]

at the darts stall, he eyes the balloon lined up at the back, then up at the many plushies they offer for prizes. there's a leavanny one which he intends on winning for her.[break][break]

but she has the first go.[break][break]

"alright, will. you got this."

close tab

played by

crow

will
she/her
twenty-nine
november 12
rustboro
heterosexual
horticulturist
civilian
awards
640 posts
part of
TAG WITH @willow
willow atkins
away from home
POSTED ON Nov 20, 2022 18:20:51 GMT
willow atkins Avatar

everything is so lovely. they laugh over food and drink. for a while, they spend time on the boardwalk overlooking the sea, holding hands and nibbling on some street vendor desserts. their knees brush and his closeness is a soft comfort.

and now here they stand, refreshed and energized. will holds the weight of the dart in her hand and narrows her eyes at her target.

turns out she makes a better gardener than a balloon popper because the dart misses by a mile. it doesn't even stick into the cork on the back wall. 

"i told you," she complains and leans back into lance, chin tilting up, "i'm terrible at these things."
close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,431 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
away from home
POSTED ON Nov 21, 2022 10:21:08 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

a small laugh escapes him when she misses by a mile.[break][break]

"i don't think it's all on you. they rig these games, after all."[break][break]

his voice lowers near the end as he peers down at her. he leans a bit forward after that if only to reach for the remaining darts, picking up each one to feel their weight.[break][break]

he offers her one in particular.[break][break]

"here. try this one."

close tab

played by

crow

will
she/her
twenty-nine
november 12
rustboro
heterosexual
horticulturist
civilian
awards
640 posts
part of
TAG WITH @willow
willow atkins
away from home
POSTED ON Dec 4, 2022 21:06:35 GMT
willow atkins Avatar

okay, now he's just setting her up for embarrassment. she looks down at the offered dart and then back up at him, sighing deeply. she's not normally a competitive person, but she also doesn't like being bad at things. so she takes her time lining up the shot, feeling foolish, and then tenses her shoulders with a huff when she blunders yet again.

"oh, this is ridiculous," she says hotly and then, after a second, laughs at herself. 

"c'mon then. let's see you do better."