awards
1,174 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
fly me over yesterday [s]
POSTED ON Sept 14, 2022 18:40:21 GMT
Guillermo Marceliño Avatar
Sibella swings low over the Sanctuary, buzzing Kyouya with an impish chirp, before she pulls a reverse c-curve and lights on the landing pad.

Memo slides off her back, grocery bag of frozen offerings rustling as he crosses the roof to the door.

He knocks.

"Here,” he whispers into the phone.

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,044 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Sept 14, 2022 19:01:55 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

The blue avian, perched on the roof gave the Noivern this squinting look before letting out a singular screeching noise, alerting the lone human occupant about who was at the door.

(As it was, the other Braviary who shared guard duty for Alex was currently sleeping.)

“So—so quickly?!” he exclaimed over the line, barely having enough time to mix the powder into the bubbling water and turning off the fire as he hobbled over to the door.

“So soon?”

The whistling wind coming over the line, if any indication—and then the singular loud familiar screech alerted him of the other’s arrival.

Surprisingly, the Wooloo were somewhere else today as he opened the door.

“H-hey,” he began quietly, clicking off his phone and inviting the other in.

close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
it gets lonely in this gangster's paradise
awards
1,174 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
POSTED ON Sept 14, 2022 19:32:08 GMT
"Sorry,” he says, sheepish smile crawling across his face. He warms in the light of Alex, but even that is not enough to beat back the shadows of dread licking across his skin.

He knows that Alex has differing opinions on PDA than he does. He knows. But this is a lot of weight to carry, and he can’t decide what’s more painful: carrying it himself or handing it over.

He drops the bag of ice cream sandwiches, kicks the door shut behind him, and wraps his arms around Alex, burying into his chest. He isn’t crying, not yet, but everything is just too heavy right now.

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,044 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Sept 14, 2022 19:46:17 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“No need to apologize—” he began to say before the other had closed the door behind him and literally flung himself into his hold.

“Wha—hey, what’s up?” he continued, backing up enough to allow the other man space enough to hold onto him.

“Is… is something the matter?”

All the while, he’d moved the other towards the kitchen, where his lone pot of noodles sat on the stove, simmering—forgotten, for now, as he took the bag of ice cream sandwiches from the other.

close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
awards
1,174 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
POSTED ON Sept 14, 2022 20:16:22 GMT
He doesn’t cry. He does quake, a little, shoulders shifting like tectonic plates. His stomach grinds.

"Yeah.”

He shifts a little to the side to breath, catching sight of--

"Your noodles!”

--boiling over on the stove.

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,044 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Sept 14, 2022 20:21:44 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“Tell me, what’s up—” he began, before the exclamation caught him off-guard.

And then a brief chuckle escaped him.

“Silly, I turned off the fire before I answered the door,” he continued as he absently picked up the fork and stirred the warming noodles on the stove, because as he’d left it there was a lump of powder on top of the noodles… oops.

Once he’d managed to stir the flavor into the warming water, he moved over to the couch, bringing along the package of frozen ice cream sandwiches with him and sitting the other man down on the couch.

“What’s wrong? You sounded so wound up.”

close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
awards
1,174 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
POSTED ON Sept 14, 2022 20:37:21 GMT
What to say.

How was he going to say this?

Something to deaden the blow, perhaps. A spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down.

"I got promoted.”

He just sort of, floats. In Alex’s living room. Hovering. Noncommittal. Like if he waits long enough he’ll float away and nothing will matter anymore.

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,044 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Sept 14, 2022 20:56:00 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

Normally that would’ve been a cause for celebration, but the way the other man had said it—

“You don’t… sound so enthusiastic,” he began, sitting down on the other side and reaching for the ice cream sandwiches that he’d brought along.

“What’s really wrong?”

He knew the other had so much pomp and circumstance when it came to dropping good news—especially something like this that he’d been bubbling about for quite some time now.

There was—something wrong, he could tell.

His intuition was at it again.

close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
awards
1,174 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
POSTED ON Sept 15, 2022 1:10:17 GMT
Inhale. Exhale.

“You know… the plan.”

Inhale. Exhale.

“For the Meteor?”

If you close your eyes and hope hard enough maybe you can be anywhere else. Anywhere else.

“We had the Ranger meeting about it yesterday.”

If he closed his eyes and thought hard enough maybe he could be anywhere else. A different universe. A different Hoenn. One where he didn’t have to say this. One where he wasn’t choosing between the fate of all the worlds and this one. One where the survival of both things could be possible.

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,044 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Sept 15, 2022 15:03:22 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

At the mention of the Meteor plan, a scowl flashed briefly on his face.

“What about it?” he asked, peeling open the wrapper of a chocolate-flavored taiyaki ice cream sandwich but not biting into it yet.

“Did my friend say anything else?”

Unable to help himself, he scooted over closer to the other man, concern all over his features. His instincts were yelling, practically screaming at him that there was something bothering the other man, but the way he was stalling for time—

“What’d you guys talk about, anyway?”

His other hand hovered nearby, ready to reach out at a moment’s notice.

close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
awards
1,174 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
POSTED ON Sept 18, 2022 4:14:15 GMT
Ugh, Alex was already frowning about it.

And, honestly, maybe it wasn’t going to be so bad. Maybe it was going to be okay. Maybe he just wanted to err on the side of caution and that made him see things as worse than they would be. Maybe being in love with Alex was making him batshit crazy. A little of everything, really.

“Part of the plan to warp the meteor to the water Hoenn involves the installation of Primal Points,” he said, and his voice wasn’t just flat, it was empty. Just-- devoid of emotion, like a GPS, reading directions, “there are five of them, in total: the desert, Granite Cave, Petalburg Woods, Mt. Pyre, and… and Fortree.”

His voice breaks a little. He runs a hand over his hair.

“It’s not supposed to do anything more major than stir up the Pokemon,” he adds, as though this can make things better, “but… I’m still scared.”

There. That was the truth.

He was scared.

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,044 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Sept 22, 2022 15:42:50 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

The moment he recounts what they’d talked about, he made sure that all his attention was on the other, hanging onto every word.

Shit.

So even they weren’t able to find any other options, huh? he thought to himself, the scowl on his face deepening as he continued with the information—

And the very last location made him freeze up.

“Wait, wait. Hold up. Hold the fucking up. They’re going to put the last one… where?”

His hand, which was already halfway towards taking Memo’s in his own, froze.

“They’re going to do what?”

Just as he’s about ready to go on a tirade (and demolish all of the taiyaki that the other man had brought) Memo’s tone changes—from flat to just outright… scared. Terrified.

“Did… what else did they tell you?”

close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
awards
1,174 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
POSTED ON Sept 25, 2022 17:38:23 GMT
He swallows the mouthful of thorns that have sprouted from his tongue. “Fortree. It’s going to be in Fortree.” He doesn’t know why they chose Fortree, other than it’s, apparently, tactical. And his suggestion that there was additional context for the selection did not go over well at the Ranger’s conclave.

“That’s about it,” he says, a rather desperate sounding laugh escaping from him. His mind whirls, thinking back to the chaos of the meeting. “There was a lot of arguing. I tried to get us additional resources and everyone basically told me to calm down.” He couldn’t suppress the roll of his eyes. “Then there was pie throwing. The Slateport crew tried to bounce early. We’re all a bit of a mess, to be honest.”

Another delirious giggle escaped him and he clapped his hands over his face to try and keep them in.

“Fuck me.”

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,044 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Oct 2, 2022 16:22:28 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

The moment the other confirmed that Fortree was going to be the center of—well, hopefully not shit, he scowled.

“I… I have a suspicion on why it’s here,” he began quietly. “I have a nagging suspicion why this city was chosen.”

The scowl lines on his face deepen.

“Look…” he trailed off, his hand finally reaching for the other man’s own and slowly taking it into his own, “…what they don’t realize. Is that between myself and possibly , there’s over five hundred capable Pokémon here. She’s got a horde bigger than mine, but I don’t know if she’s going to do anything… hopefully, she does, because this is. Well, you know… just. Fucked up six ways to Sunday.”

He sighed. Much tempted as he was to grab a taiyaki ice cream sandwich and demolish it, he wouldn’t—for now.

At the other man’s last words, he couldn’t help but cackle quietly.

“Like, right now? In front of all the kids?” he teased with an eyebrow wiggle.

close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
awards
1,174 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
POSTED ON Oct 2, 2022 21:50:33 GMT
Alex had more experience with Sea!Hoenn than Memo did, by far, so it would make sense that he would have an inkling as to why Fortree was chosen, strategically.

“It’s not because of your conversation with Dahlia, is it?” he couldn’t stop himself from asking, because that had been his first instinct. A necessary action, to be sure, but if it was a little bit of a punishment for dissenting, too? More the better.

He didn’t really know Dahlia that well. He wondered if anyone did.

His eyes went wide as he found Alex’s, staring at him incredulously.

“Cait? You mean the one that just had a baby?”
he asked, his sarcasm laid down thick. “I sure hope she doesn’t have to do anything.He heaved a sigh and closed his eyes, realizing his anger was being misdirected. “The Primal Points are supposed to make Pokemon go crazy-- I imagine like the bees, right? So I’m not sure if having even a thousand Pokemon would be a plus, if they all went ballistic and started destroying everything.”

Despite the doom and gloom, Alex’s joke breaks the spell; he snickers, smiles; it turns into a genuine laugh.

“It’d make me feel better,” he says, tone both a fake pout and a sigh of relief as he opens a chocolate fudge bar and spins the stick in his fingers, trying to decide if he has an appetite or not.