TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
CIANNY DAY
POSTED ON Sept 24, 2022 8:58:21 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","selfinsert"]
[attr="class","top"]

it doesn't take long for him to ensure his schedule is cleared for all friday afternoons. this isn't disclosed, however, as he imagines rocket or someone else might take advantage of the fact. so, in his calendar, his time slots are simply booked up and marked as "busy".[break][break]

when friday finally rolls around, he's already waiting for her outside her office, keen on starting their celebrations.[break][break]

he pulls out his phone to send her a text:[break][break]

hurry up ty

[attr="class","ooc"][break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-kecleon"]

[newclass=".selfinsert"]--accent:#cbb898; [/newclass]

[newclass=".selfinsert blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".selfinsert blockquote b, .pizzabox blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]

[newclass=".selfinsert .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".selfinsert .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".selfinsert .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
CIANNY DAY
POSTED ON Sept 26, 2022 11:33:01 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

While she was no longer stationed in Lilycove, there were still a few items of business left unresolved at HBS.
[Break][break]
And so, for the past two hours, she had been forced to revisit and run around the building, as issue after issue piled at her ankles. It wasn't until her phone gave off a short buzz did she finally look down and break off her attention from it all.
[Break]
Coming out now :heart:
[Break][break
Fuck it, it'd have to wait til Monday.
[Break][break]
Placing everything back on the edge of her desk, the councilwoman took one last second to relay some information before finally pushing out those clear doubledoor.
[Break][break]
"Sorry about that, babe," she frowned. It must've been frustrating waiting for so long. Walking over, she immediate reached up on her tippy toes to land a kiss on his cheek before melding her hand into his. "Works a bitch still, but I'm here now. 100%." Her frown lifted into a small smile as she, for the second time that month, said, "Happy Birthday."
[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"] [break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-ditto"]

[attr="class","credit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#7C6678; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .credit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .credit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .credit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
now come together, come apart
awards
3,806 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
CIANNY DAY
POSTED ON Sept 27, 2022 9:08:18 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

cian's used to waiting, honestly, as this isn't the first time nor will it be the last. but he finds that he does not mind it as much as he would with anyone else. a part of him actually likes it as he considers himself lucky to be able to wait for someone like her.[break][break]

the sight of her approaching him is enough to make him break into a smile.[break][break]

"come on, chop chop."[break][break]

his hand finds hers as well.[break][break]

"happy birthday to you too, babe. so close to thirty..."[break][break]

he kisses her cheek, returning the sentiment with a chuckle.[break][break]

"let's go home? i'll cook for you, and by that, i mean we can cook together."

[newclass=".selfinsert blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".selfinsert blockquote b, .pizzabox blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]

[newclass=".selfinsert .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".selfinsert .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
CIANNY DAY
POSTED ON Sept 28, 2022 3:57:23 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

"Ouch, why do you gotta remind me of that," she laughed, though, part of the lighthearted jest did actually stung. Almost thirty fucking years old -- now that that was a concept she was still wrapping her mind around.
[break][break]
A sigh of relief slipped out at the sound of his suggestion. Just another normal day, spending the afternoon cooking together, without a care in the world. Some might expect more from a birthday celebration -- especially a double one at that -- but, frankly, the simplicity of their relationship was what drew her to Cian in the first place.
[break][break]
"Sounds like a plan. Got any idea what we're cooking?"
[break][break]
A few footsteps and one click later, they were already in the elevator, heading down to the ground floor of the office building.
[break][break]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#7C6678; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .credit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .credit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .credit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,806 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
CIANNY DAY
POSTED ON Sept 29, 2022 15:33:16 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

the elevator descends, ferrying them down to the ground floor. it doesn't stop on any floor which is likely the universe's way of wishing them the best for their birthday celebration.[break][break]

"ramen? not instant. like, actual homemade ramen."[break][break]

metallic doors slide open, and out he steps, leading her through the lobby and finally out onto the streets of lilycove.[break][break]

"or steak. whatever we pick, we gotta stop at the store on the way home."

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
CIANNY DAY
POSTED ON Oct 2, 2022 3:16:56 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

Ramen sounded good as fuck.
[break][break]
Especially if it was going to be homemade.
[break][break]
"I'd kill for some good ramen," she nodded.
[break][break]
After exiting through the double doors, Penelope gave Cian's hand a tug to their left. The nearest market was a short walk from HBS HQ, and from there, her apartment just another block over. Good thing she wasn't due to move out until the end of the year.
[break][break]
It'd suck if they had to fly back over to Evergrade City just for nice night in.
[break][break]
"Oh, by the way, would you mind helping me move my stuff over to my new apartment? I still have until December to fully move out, but I'd really appreciate the help." From her desk, to her PC, to her tv stand, it'd take days for her to do it by herself. And, wasn't shit like this half the benefits of having a boyfriend?
[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,806 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
CIANNY DAY
POSTED ON Oct 2, 2022 16:59:19 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"ramen it is."[break][break]

cian saw a few tiktoks on how to make the perfect ramen so he'll be sure to do his best to remember them. if only he had saved them.[break][break]

"of course. what kinda boyfriend would i be if i didn't help?"[break][break]

a bad one, probably.[break][break]

he sighs, pouting slightly as he remembers something.[break][break]

"you're going to be so far away from rustboro."

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
CIANNY DAY
POSTED ON Oct 3, 2022 3:53:13 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

"Yeah..."
[break][break]
The thought did cross her mind when she first signed the lease. But what she was going to do? Decline her appointment? Commute halfway across the region every day to work?
[break][break]
Sighing, Penelope combed back her bangs with her fingers.
[break][break]
"I mean, we could always spend the weekends at each other's places?"
[break][break]
If that wasn't too much. They were finally getting to the point of their relationship where the honeymoon phase was wearing off, and in its place, habits were solidifying.
[break][break]
"it'll suck, but we'll figure it out. Somehow."
[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,806 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
CIANNY DAY
POSTED ON Oct 3, 2022 4:10:55 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"if you need someone to teach the council how to use zoom, i'm your guy."[break][break]

but then again, the shift to a more remote working style hasn't reached hoenn yet. even if it has, it would not apply to those in the league, he imagines. he still needs to run his gym in person the same way she should attend important meetings in person.[break][break]

"i'm sure i'll end up flying over to you most of the time. my place is...a bachelor pad."[break][break]

spoken as though the anime posters aren't telling enough.[break][break]

"but i like ever grande."[break][break]

shit. the only reason he was ever there was to meet . he looks away briefly, hoping the topic passes.

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
CIANNY DAY
POSTED ON Oct 3, 2022 4:39:35 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

The thought of online zoom meetings caused her to laugh. Did even know how video chat works? Probably not.
[break][break]

Curling her fingers further into his, she leaned her body against his arm as they closed in on the grocery store. It sat between a few local bouquets she'd usually frequent on her quiet Sundays, and just across the florist, she remembered mentioning to a spiteful a while back.
[break][break]

Fuck, she was gonna miss this place.
[break][break]

"It's not like my place is any better."
[break][break]

Even if her decorations were more...mature than your typical print-out posters, they were still always covered in emptied cans and old boxes of takeout. Even her cute little coffee table was a consistent victim of her stacks of mail and occasional impulse purchase.
[break][break]

"But, yeah, ever grande is nice. You'll love the place I picked out -- seaside view, cute ass balcony, and direct access to all the best..."
[break][break]

A short pause overtook her enthusiasm when Cian briefly looked away from her. Was she boring him?
[break][break]

"...restaurants."

[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,806 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
CIANNY DAY
POSTED ON Oct 4, 2022 15:03:28 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

she could never bore him, really, and if he had been privy to her thoughts, he would've told her as much immediately. but in his pursuit to keep a secret he knows will only end up hurting them, he might've done just that and not even realize it.[break][break]

"i never pictured ever grande having much food choices."[break][break]

he looks back, smiling as per usual.[break][break]

"but i'm really looking forward to it. i'm excited for you, penny. a new chapter in your life."[break][break]

and his, perhaps.

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
CIANNY DAY
POSTED ON Oct 5, 2022 5:00:27 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

It doesn't.
[break][break]
Compared to Lilycove, Ever Grade was frankly lackluster in multiple categories -- a fact she was previously going to delve all until this newfound tinge of anxiety warped her mind elsewhere.
[break][break]
Only after Cian looked back did her heart reflicker into a flame.
[break][break]
"I'm excited too," she breathed behind a faint smile. What would this new chapter entail, she wondered. Not just for herself, but for them?
[break][break]
Just as those thoughts dissipated from her mind, the couple pulled up to the grocery store.
[break][break]
It was a cute little thing designed to look, feel, and smell like a farmer's market. Frankly, it was one of Penelope's favorite parts of city.
[break][break]
Inside, produce occupied the first few rows of space, with dry goods and meats occupying the back. Plucking a shopping tote from the entrance, she gave off a soft hum as her brain raked through the different possible ingredients they'd need.
[break][break]
Unfortunately, she was no cook -- far from it, actually. Left without many ideas outside the noodles and broth itself, her eyes flicked back onto Cian. "Does your ramen suggestion happen to come with a recipe?"
[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,806 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
CIANNY DAY
POSTED ON Oct 5, 2022 8:17:57 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

a recipe? who does she think he is?[break][break]

"no need for one, babe. i got it all up here," he taps his index finger to his temple.[break][break]

and as they stroll through the fake farmer's market, he picks up ingredients from different aisles, soon filling up his blue basket (blue like a water-type) with everything they need but one.[break][break]

"where are the eggs..."[break][break]

he glances around.[break][break]

"i need eggs."

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
CIANNY DAY
POSTED ON Oct 5, 2022 12:42:19 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

Mmmm...
[break][break]

Yeah, no.
[break][break]

She didn't dare protest against Cian random spurt of culinary confidence, buuuut while they walked around to grab all the ingredients, she was at her phone taking long, occasional glimpse at the screen to ensure, at the very least, they were grabbing the basics from the one recipe she had quickly searched up. It might've been some bogus shit -- she hadn't had the chance to double check -- but it was brimming with 5 star reviews, so if anything, it was at least a better guess than... their current situation.
[break][break]

"The eggs are over there, love."
[break][break]
Penelope made a small gesture toward the back wall of the market. There, behind several glass doors, were the very eggs they were searching for.
[break]
[break]

It'd only be a short walk from there to the check out aisle.
[break]
[break]
"Sooo, you haven't said much about how YOU'RE doing. How's work? Everything going fine? Any interesting challenges?"
[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,806 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
CIANNY DAY
POSTED ON Oct 5, 2022 14:18:54 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"oh. i see them now."[break][break]

where would he be without her? eggless, probably.[break][break]

"i'm, uh,"[break][break]

stressed out of my fucking mind because there's a war coming and i want to tell you about it but at the same time i'm scared i might lose you because of it.[break][break]

"tired. the gym's been really busy and it's just been draining, i guess."[break][break]

once again, he lies, but the next thing he says is true.[break][break]

" paid a visit last week for his second challenge. guess who won?"