TAG WITH @ashley
Ashley Shepard
Mom [M]
POSTED ON Oct 6, 2022 9:23:31 GMT
Ashley Shepard Avatar
[attr="class","sawyer"]

tag
notes
It's morning. Foggy. Slateport is fine, but... this place was a shitshow. League barely gives a damn about the graves here. Probably because they were all shit people. Ash would know. He had been here three times now. The first time? Staying overnight as a teenager. Got the shit scared right out of him. The last two times, though... he saw the one tombstone he despised.

Least it matched his mood. Wearing a black hoodie, he makes sure the hood is up as he enjoys one last cigarette. He swears this time he'll quit. This time he'll do it.

Bullshit, every time.

He needs to meet with someone. The only person he sees as a father figure. Sad, isn't it? What a shit father figure. But even Theo had some level of growth. He shows mercy. But at the end of the day, they all deserved to be buried here, at the end of the road. With the shit people. At least Theo softened up. But not her.

Ashley scowls at the thought of going there. He bites his bottom lip. He clinches his fist. His newly dyed-black hair is hanging in front of his face, his silver eyes showing the hatred he felt. He was anger. He was rage. He was fury. It all goes away. It evaporates.

She's already dead. He could piss on her grave. He could break the tombstone with a well-aimed kick. He could dance atop of it, but it doesn't matter. She's 6 feet under now. Has been for years now.

[attr="class","wizzcred"]❤ wizz

[newclass=".sawyer"] [/newclass]
[newclass=".sawyer b"]color:#00BFFF; font-weight:lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=".sawyer i"]color:#DC143C; font-style:italic; [/newclass]
[newclass=".sawyer a"]text-transform:uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
HIDING FROM THE SUN, WAITING FOR THE NIGHT TO COME.
awards
5,346 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
Mom [M]
POSTED ON Oct 7, 2022 15:08:19 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","deadinside"]
[attr="class","top"]

"ashley."[break][break]

the air is silent, eerie, but oddly welcoming as theo approaches, carrying with him a bouquet of flowers acquired from his splashfest rival .[break][break]

"been well?"[break][break]

ever since returning to rocket and throwing his life away again, theo means.

[attr="class","ooc"][break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-naganadel"]

[newclass=".deadinside"]--accent:#d5d5d5; [/newclass]

[newclass=".deadinside blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".deadinside blockquote b, .pizzabox blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]

[newclass=".deadinside .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".deadinside .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".deadinside .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Kiwi

Ash
He/Him/Them
December 2
Aspertia City, Unova
Pansexual
Picking up the pieces
--
But I, I will, go on howling and hollow
awards
1,109 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ashley
Ashley Shepard
Mom [M]
POSTED ON Oct 8, 2022 22:45:11 GMT
Ashley Shepard Avatar
[attr="class","sawyer"]

tag
notes
A bouquet.

Well, someone had to give a damn she was dead. Sure as hell wasn't Ash. When Theo approaches, something felt different. This wasn't a mentor and his student, but oddly more relaxing. Or maybe, that was Ash coming to terms with it. Letting it go. He hated someone more for once than Theo.

"Yeah." He says quietly.

Awkwardness sets in. Eerie silence. Ash getting up from a seated spot. "Mom is buried here." Short response, laced with a stoical tone. Not Ashley's go to. But he at least got right to the chase. The anger the silver orbs hold hopefully tips the older man off.

"Grave is nearby. Come on." He turns to walk.

[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,346 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
Mom [M]
POSTED ON Oct 10, 2022 15:10:46 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

whatever awkwardness ashley might be feeling is one-sided for theo feels nothing but sympathy for a lost soul, and even then, it's barely sympathy.[break][break]

"i see."[break][break]

the plastic that covers the bouquet crinkles slightly as he adjusts his grip.[break][break]

with a nod, he follows after.

[newclass=".deadinside blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".deadinside blockquote b, .pizzabox blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]

[newclass=".deadinside .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".deadinside .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

Kiwi

Ash
He/Him/Them
December 2
Aspertia City, Unova
Pansexual
Picking up the pieces
--
awards
1,109 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ashley
Ashley Shepard
Mom [M]
POSTED ON Oct 11, 2022 4:30:56 GMT
Ashley Shepard Avatar
[attr="class","sawyer"]

tag
notes
It's quiet. All that's heard are the crinkles of leaves on the shoes Ashley wears, followed by Theo's. All that's left is to talk. Talking is therapy. Though, everyone handles their abusers in different ways. The only way truly through is to try.

"Katherine Sheperd." He says it. He'd said her name a couple of times here or there, but never to someone else. He never thought it would be Theo who would listen, but he keeps going. "Died at 37 years old, seven years ago. I was seventeen and in Kanto with Rocket." It was time to open the wound again that had dug itself in his chest. The one that would surely open him up and emotionally ruin everything he was, but he was oddly calm, eyes ahead, never back to Theo, not once gazing at him.

"Worked nights, ever since she was in high school. Pimp let her go out often for clientele." He closes his eyes. It paints that kind of life negatively to Ashley, but he knows she's the exception and not the rule.

He pauses his expository explanation. Calm eyes set forward. "Got pregnant. What would you imagine the response was?" He only wanted a serious answer.

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,346 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
Mom [M]
POSTED ON Oct 13, 2022 16:53:12 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

katherine sheperd. a familiar name that soon clicks as theo had done his research into ashley when the grunt had first joined the organization. but to hear her story breathed into the space around them is a different thing entirely.[break][break]

a certain sense of somberness befalls them, though he finds that he does not mind it.[break][break]

"i don't know."

close tab

played by

Kiwi

Ash
He/Him/Them
December 2
Aspertia City, Unova
Pansexual
Picking up the pieces
--
awards
1,109 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ashley
Ashley Shepard
Mom [M]
POSTED ON Oct 14, 2022 8:17:53 GMT
Ashley Shepard Avatar
[attr="class","sawyer"]

tag
notes
"Pimp said to just get rid of me. Dunno how you feel about that kinda thing, but he saw me as a mistake. Mom didn't." Points to her for that. But just like Who's Line, they don't matter.

The walking becomes a little harder, as his throat squeezes down. His eyes are watering, and his fists both clench. "I never got a choice in the matter. Who does, right?" He continues. The next part gets stuck in his throat a little. His tone shifts from anger, to this... odd melancholic self-loathing. It rips and tears at his chest.

It's hard to speak.

"I get to be born. But there's a catch! Mom didn't want to be a mom after all! Go figure, right? Minutes after I come out of the womb, she suddenly realizes the pimp was right. Of course he was, he was fucking right from the get-go. How would she make money? Fuck every paying person in the city, just to give me an education while I hear the bed rock constantly? An occupation that isn't a drug dealer, druggie, or a gang member? No. No of course not. She heads home to Kanto, puts me in a basket, and I'm the picture definition of a basket orphan! Does she learn her fucking lesson? No! Because eleven months later, she does the same damn thing. Only this baby gets to be her kid. I have a half-sibling somewhere. And I don't even know their fucking name!"

He wipes his face. Shit, snot is coming out his nose. He needs to calm down and breathe.

They arrive at the grave. A small epitaph. There it was, and it read. Katherine Sheperd. A mother till the very end of her days, taken before her time. Ashley scowls. His fists are clinched so hard, they're red now.

"Here it is. Cruel, huh?"

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,346 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
Mom [M]
POSTED ON Oct 14, 2022 8:47:19 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

theo listens, though not once does he comment.[break][break]

now at the grave, theo approaches, kneeling for a moment before running his hand across the tombstone. dust smears, clearing enough before he rests the bouquet down before it.[break][break]

he stands, stepping back before reaching into his coat to offer ashley a handkerchief.[break][break]

"it is cruel."[break][break]

he speaks, voice low to match the scene.[break][break]

"but it doesn't always have to be."

close tab

played by

Kiwi

Ash
He/Him/Them
December 2
Aspertia City, Unova
Pansexual
Picking up the pieces
--
awards
1,109 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ashley
Ashley Shepard
Mom [M]
POSTED ON Oct 14, 2022 9:13:43 GMT
Ashley Shepard Avatar
[attr="class","sawyer"]

tag
notes
Theo puts the bouquet down. Ashley has half a mind to stomp on the flowers, but he doesn't. He holds everything back, reeling his heart back in his chest, as he snatches the handkerchief. He never wanted a damn thing more from Theo, and here he was taking it.

Theo and Ashley knew Ash wouldn't give it back. The older Rocket wouldn't want it.

"Yeah. It doesn't." He wipes his eyes again, and just says it how it is. "Yeah." It didn't always have to be that cruel. Emotional and mental damage aside, Ash was in therapy, and he was getting help. Kind of. But he turns to Theo.

"Sorry. You were the first person who let me into Rocket. Wanted you to know. Know you don't feel anymore." Wait. What did he mean it didn't always have to be?

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,346 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
Mom [M]
POSTED ON Oct 15, 2022 11:22:42 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

ashley can keep the handkerchief.[break][break]

"i still feel."[break][break]

the correction is voiced, shard between the two of them as though it were some revelation meant only for those worthy. but it isn't. it should be common knowledge that no matter how rigid or strict rocket's conditioning is, it will never be enough to strip what it is to be human.[break][break]

"i never stopped feeling, in fact. i feel less at times, but never quite nothing entirely."

close tab

played by

Kiwi

Ash
He/Him/Them
December 2
Aspertia City, Unova
Pansexual
Picking up the pieces
--
awards
1,109 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ashley
Ashley Shepard
Mom [M]
POSTED ON Oct 16, 2022 9:00:11 GMT
Ashley Shepard Avatar
[attr="class","sawyer"]

tag
notes
The correction isn't unwarranted. Not that Ash thought he was wrong, but less so that Theo did correct him. So there was a heart still in there? Huh.

Ash looks surprised for a moment, only to nod. "Here I was thinking you were a heartless, soulless killer for the past eight years. Guess we all have a heart. Even the worst of us." He grabs at his face.

If he accepts that, he accepts his mother wasn't a bad person. A dilemma for any sane person.

"Sorry." The first genuine apology he gives Theo about how he treated him.

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,346 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
Mom [M]
POSTED ON Oct 17, 2022 15:41:30 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"guess so."[break][break]

still, it's hard even for theo to imagine with anything but a cruel and vile and corrupted heart. years later, the venom from kanto's viciousness still lingers.[break][break]

he turns to look at ashley.[break][break]

"what for?"

close tab

played by

Kiwi

Ash
He/Him/Them
December 2
Aspertia City, Unova
Pansexual
Picking up the pieces
--
awards
1,109 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ashley
Ashley Shepard
Mom [M]
POSTED ON Oct 17, 2022 21:55:59 GMT
Ashley Shepard Avatar
[attr="class","sawyer"]

tag
notes
Ashley's eyes are at the ground. He says it like it is. No sugarcoating.

"You've been a recurring nightmare for years. Been easy to remove any humanity from you as a person, and hate the idea of Theo Beckett. Coping mechanism, some shit the therapist told me that would help me get over it."

Ash closes his eyes.

"But you're human like the rest of us. The other day I was so furious that this traitor nearly killed my Furfrou. I finally got it." It's feels like the wrong lesson to learn, and he knows he doesn't like the taste of it in his mouth, but it doesn't make it less true.

He turns to Theo, eyes meeting. Puffy red on his eyes, prickled by the tears that came earlier.

"Everything you did for me was to toughen me up. Which is more than I can say for her, who left me to die on the streets." He adds, a side-eye to the grave. "I handled it better because of you. So yeah. Sorry. I've had the wrong idea."

Ashley Sawyer was thanking Theo Beckett.

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,346 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
Mom [M]
POSTED ON Oct 19, 2022 6:47:19 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"hm."[break][break]

not many come to the conclusion that ashley does, and if only for that reason, theo deems it appropriate to share a little more about himself. slowly, his walls begin to lower.[break][break]

"it was not just to toughen you up. it was to help you survive."[break][break]

the same words once shared with the likes of and . everything theo does and has done has been in the best interest of those around him. if only more realized that sooner rather than later.[break][break]

or never at all.

close tab

played by

Kiwi

Ash
He/Him/Them
December 2
Aspertia City, Unova
Pansexual
Picking up the pieces
--
awards
1,109 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ashley
Ashley Shepard
Mom [M]
POSTED ON Oct 19, 2022 8:44:00 GMT
Ashley Shepard Avatar
[attr="class","sawyer"]

tag
notes
Theo says it so succinctly. Long-winded as Ashley put it, Theo put it together in one fell swoop, and Ashley finds himself staring at Katherine's grave again. He closes his eyes, takes a deep breath in.

"Thank you."

He... thanks Theo Beckett. Theo won't win a smile. He won't win the love of a family member, he won't even win Ashley over in the slightest. No, instead Theo just gets a thank you.

Because anything else would be too much for Ashley to stomach. But this, this alone was telling the older man he was right in what he did. Or at the very least, telling him that Ashley was finally over it.

About damn time.