awards
1,175 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
eve of evening [m, c]
POSTED ON Oct 8, 2022 16:46:41 GMT
Guillermo Marceliño Avatar
Memo had gotten quite used to not thinking about his home region, or his family, even in times of reflection. A veritable lifetime of parental abuse and general feeling of being replaced would do that to a guy.

But then Galar had gotten absolutely fucked up by Necrozma-- even more so than Hoenn, it seemed-- and the news had blasted across that sick fuck Maldacena’s digital screens.

Now, instead of a history of repressed sadness, Memo felt a distinct satisfaction at the presumed suffering and possible death of his nuclear family-- something he’d felt quite strongly at the time, given he’d been severed from his positive emotions. It was something he couldn’t shake, like a ghost in his own brain, and it always left him cripplingly nauseated and full of self-loathing.

He wasn’t the kind to celebrate at the misery of others. It was like a splinter, inorganic and festering in his skin. So antithetical to his own being that it immediately reset his subroutines and crashed him back to his basic programming.

He needed to do something. But he couldn’t quite bring himself to write or reach out. And, if they were alive, apparently neither could they.

Mt. Pyre was hardly their favorite spot for picnicking, but Memo needed to do… something. The mountain had set aside a section for victims of Necrozma’s attack in Hoenn who wished to be buried there. If Guillermo couldn’t mourn his own family, he could at least mourn for these souls-- and provide snacks for the lingering remnants of the ghosts that still clung to this side of the veil.

He’d poured his fricking heart out into enough pastelitos to feed Hoenn’s entire population and after dumping a metric ton of them off to a Slateport food kitchen he’d rerouted the remainder to Mt. Pyre.

There were other snacks, of course, and fresh bread and chicken skewers with grilled grapefruit and pasta salad and elote on the cob and an entire freezer section’s worth of chilled snacks in order to goad Alex into going with him. Which was asking a lot, Memo knew.

To assist, Memo’d enlisted the help of some of his Dark-types to be on guard duty, hoping their proficiency in defending against Ghost-types might keep Alex at ease. But he also didn’t want to piss off the ghosts in the cemetary that he was coming to appease.

It was-- it was kind of a cluster. But, to be fair, that’s kind of Memo felt his life was, right then.

A lovely autumn sky, warm but not too much so, spread above them; Memo spread the blanket in kind, then went to work with all of his restless energy to make sure the graves were clean and tidy. Sombra curled up in a comfortable pile next to the warm food, one golden-ringed ear twitching in her nap. Anita helped herself to a crisp, fall apple, slicing it into sections to eat, leaning up against a tall statue in the shape of a Gardevoir marking someone's resting place.

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
eve of evening [m, c]
POSTED ON Oct 8, 2022 18:44:03 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

Of all the places, why did it have to be—

At Mount fucking Pyre?!

He could only internally scream—croak scream, cry-scream, laugh-scream… all the screaming that he could possibly do, he would do. Why—why, oh fucking why—was he here, of all the places?!

He had frozen up the entire way they were headed out here. But holy fucking shit this was getting to be too much…

Thankfully, though, he had a companion that could help him calm the hell down—at least, that much was certain.

There was a small Ribombee that was riding on his shoulder that was emitting a constant Sweet Scent by flapping her wings and being a sassy little queen.

Why did their picnic have to be surrounded by the supernatural, oh, this was giving him the fucking creeps!

(The lure of frozen sweets, though… ugh.)

close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
it gets lonely in this gangster's paradise
awards
1,175 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
eve of evening [m, c]
POSTED ON Oct 8, 2022 21:39:11 GMT
Memo set a little pastelito at each grave, and next to it, a carnation. While it was more likely a wild Pokemon would come along and scavenge the sweet pastries, he liked to think it was the meaning behind the offering that would soothe the souls here.

It didn’t take him too long-- the graves were all rather new, the soil around them still soft and loamy. He was careful to not tread directly on top of them as he went back to their little picnic area, set off away from the burial sites in a place dedicated for gathering.

There were no bodies below them, was the important part.

“You doing okay?”
he asked, coming to a seat on his knees. He knew Alex struggled with his fear of ghosts. “I really appreciate you coming out today. I made lots of good things to eat to thank you.” And to work out his guilt and conflicted feelings. But mostly for Alex.

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
eve of evening [m, c]
POSTED ON Oct 13, 2022 11:19:09 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“If-if I’m being honest? N-no,” he squeaked, waiting for the other to return so that he could start pawing at the frozen sweet treats, an attempt to calm down and not to run away screaming back to Fortree.

After all, it wasn’t every day that your boyfriend asked you to accompany him to go somewhere, and with such a serious expression on his face too, how could he refuse?

(At least it wasn’t those ‘we have to talk’ kind of scenarios, so there was that.)

The Sweet Scent from the Ribombee wafted over them—thankfully, there were no wild Pokémon approaching them. Thank djinni for that.

“S-so…” he breathed out, inhaling the vapors from the lingering sweetness that Carina was dispersing around them, “…what made you want to come out here today?”

Surely… surely nothing of the supernatural kind?

close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
awards
1,175 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
eve of evening [m, c]
POSTED ON Oct 16, 2022 0:01:31 GMT
Memo couldn’t hide the disappointment on his face. He didn’t know which made him feel worse: that he’d asked Alex here in the first place, or that he’d expected him to lie to not hurt his own feelings.

God, he was supposed to be quieting his demons, not feeding them.

“I just.”

He let himself trail off, eyes going unfocused in the middle ground.

“I. Don’t know if my family is alive or not.” He exhaled a measured breath. This whole being honest about his feelings thing was. New. “And I’m not sure… how that makes me feel.”

As soon as he said it he regretted it. It sounded dumb. He was an imbecile.

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
eve of evening [m, c]
POSTED ON Oct 27, 2022 13:12:03 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

There was no deceiving him, there was something on his boyfriend’s mind.

He knew that it was a really tall ask, for the other to be honest with his feelings—after spending almost half his life running away from and hiding aforementioned feelings, bringing everything to the front was—definitely something new, something alien for the other and he couldn’t help but worry for him.

“Well, we… we can start by talking about how you really feel about that,” he began quietly, taking a deep breath (and hiding the wince, mostly) and reaching out for the other man’s hand.

“Because if you keep it all inside, well, that’s not going to do you a whole lot of good now, right?”

close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
awards
1,175 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
eve of evening [m, c]
POSTED ON Oct 28, 2022 22:44:17 GMT
Memo was new to this whole processing negative emotions thing. When you spend so long feeling like your life has no meaning and you’ll never amount to anything, and then finally, finally break free from that… it hurts to go back to.

It is much easier, instead, to wall off the negativity and shove it somewhere far away. Which is what he’d gotten so good at doing, building walls and buffering them safely with positive thoughts, good feelings, and successes.

Until they’d all been violently ripped out of his head and he’d been forced to stare down the barrel of his own failures and the secret, inner workings of his own heart that he’d gotten so used to ignoring and running from.

“I don’t know how I feel about that,”
he said, voice eerily flat. He turned his hand over where Alex reached out to touch him, letting the other man’s fingers come to rest between his thumb and palm and giving them a grounding squeeze. “When I--,” his breath caught, and he swallowed hard, “in-- in the digital sphere, when I saw the destruction caused by Necrozma I.”

He squeezed his eyes shut and pretended to be anywhere else.

“I was happy.”

It comes out quiet, barely audible over the whispers of the wind.

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
eve of evening [m, c]
POSTED ON Nov 3, 2022 16:51:09 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

He knew the other was still trying to understand why processing negative emotions was a good thing; and therefore let the other gather himself before Memo finally found his voice and admitted to something that had been bothering him ever since their sojourn to the Digital World strange reality where data became real, and the real world was just a figment of their imagination.

“But are you truly happy?” he inquired quietly, returning the gesture and gently squeezing his boyfriend’s hand, offering the reassurance he was physically there; ready to listen.

“How do you really feel?”

He waited for the other man to answer. Whatever he would say, he would listen.

close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
awards
1,175 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
eve of evening [m, c]
POSTED ON Nov 6, 2022 2:18:47 GMT
“I. Of course not.” He said, though the words were like rocks in his mouth, thorns in his throat. The idea that he even had to explain this to himself… it was a strange dissonance, not knowing the person who resided inside your body.

It was exhausting.

“I could never be happy about the suffering of others, no matter how cruel and unaccepting they were.”

That part he knew for sure. That was a certainty.

“But I also don’t feel panicked about not knowing if they’re alive or not. And that… that bothers me. I think I should be worried. They’re my family, after all, and Necrozma’s destruction was… awful.”

Maldacena’s screen flashes before his eyes once more. His eyes glaze a bit.

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
eve of evening [m, c]
POSTED ON Nov 10, 2022 20:08:39 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“You sound like you’re not sure, you know,” he continued quietly, looking over at the other.

Thankfully, the two guard Pokémon that were supposed to keep an eye out for any approaching beasties or specters were doing their job.

“Intuition, love,” he went on, rubbing his boyfriend’s hands with his own.

“You’re running cold again, you know that?”

What was up with him picking up on these very minute, subtle changes so quickly? He was even scaring himself at this rate.

If one were to ask him about his own reaction if on the 0.01% chance that Unova got nuked, he wouldn’t even care. For his parents at least. His sestras though, were another matter entirely. The good thing was that they weren’t in Unova, so there was that.

“Why… why don’t you try to contact them? Check up on them? At… at least, the ones you get along with?” he offered, a potential solution to the other man’s quandary.

close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
awards
1,175 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
eve of evening [m, c]
POSTED ON Nov 11, 2022 20:19:11 GMT
“Do you want me to say that the prospect of my family being dead makes me happy?” he asked, point-blank, shuddering with the revulsion of it all. “It doesn’t.” It’s said with conviction, with purpose; the words carry weight.

He looked down at his hands in Alex’s, head tilted, frowning. Alex’s hands were warm compared to his own, which was… a shock. An impossibility.

“I… I suppose I could try,” he allowed, settling into something less agitated, more sad. “But I don’t even know if they’d reply. I’m already as good as dead to my parents. They made sure of that.”

By limiting his options. By beating him. By making sure no one in the community would offer him assistance, leaving him cold and hungry and on his own.

“I’m not on my own, anymore,” he says, quietly, like in a dream, something that he has to verbally remind himself of because it feels like something his mind has made up.

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
eve of evening [m, c]
POSTED ON Nov 13, 2022 20:44:01 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

His chuckle then took a bit of a dark turn.

“Well, you know… with the supposed ‘end of days’ people suddenly have these emotional rifts that change them. Who knows?” he continued.

“Who knows if they would reply, you never know unless you try.”

A few moments of silence fell between them, him still holding onto his boyfriend’s cold and clammy hands. Which, of course, was a surprise—how in the hell did he run so cold now? Wasn’t Frog the self-proclaimed hot box between them, after all?

“You never know until you actually try,” he reassured the other. “Don’t let your defeatist mind trick you out of doing it.”

His intuition was at it again!

close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
awards
1,175 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
eve of evening [m, c]
POSTED ON Nov 19, 2022 23:47:07 GMT
He tilted his head, letting Alex’s little tidbit of knowledge marinate for a bit, like a beam balance seeking equilibrium. All he could really do was try, right?

“God, what would I even say.”

His boyfriend echoed the mental sentiment verbally. Though Memo did wince, a little, at being called defeatist.

“I never used to be.” It’s remorseful, wistful, like remembering the ghost of something once thought fond now gone sour. "Or maybe I used to be better at internalizing it." There’s a taste of panic on his tongue, the panic at losing who he is, not recognizing the person he’s become. It’s in that moment he realizes and remembers why he hates self-reflection: it feels pathetic. It feels cold. Another useless habit, piled atop a pyramid stack of them.

“Do you ever feel like you don’t know who you are anymore?”

He turns Alex's hand over in his own, tracing the lines of his boyfriend's palm with his thumbs.

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
eve of evening [m, c]
POSTED ON Nov 24, 2022 20:39:37 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“Don’t think about it, just. Just write what comes to your mind first,” he continued. The good thing was that his boyfriend was seeing reason with his suggestion.

At the mention of internalizing, this time it was Alexei’s turn to frown.

“You know… keeping all of that shit in here,” he continued with a little tap to the side of his boyfriend’s head, “…isn’t going to be helping matters out so much. Internalizing does things. And not all of those things are good things.”

He knew, because he’d been in the same situation that the other man was currently going through.

“Sometimes,” he replied with a bit of a frown on his face. “What makes you ask?”

close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
awards
1,175 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
eve of evening [m, c]
POSTED ON Nov 24, 2022 23:20:47 GMT
He hummed a thoughtful note, head tipping into his palm. What comes to mind first? “Hm.”

Dear mom, dad, & fam: Screw you, I’m not dead! I guess I hope you’re not, either. XOXO, Gossip Memo.

“I’ll… workshop it,” he said, instead.

He heaves a sigh because once again, Alex is correct. “I used to be better at… managing my internalized things,” he protests, knees to his chest, hugging them close, like a small child trying to disappear.

“I don’t know, I-- I just feel like I used to be a completely different person. When I came to Hoenn, I thought I had finally changed. I was brave and-- and chill and happy and now I’m just. Tired and sad, again.” He snorted a little laugh and buried his face in the seam of his knees. “And pathetic. Sorry.”