played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
I WILL SING NO REQUIEM (ww)
POSTED ON Oct 19, 2022 15:24:16 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
The call came in nearly an hour ago.

The woman on the other side was nice enough. Felix could tell she was cradling the phone, most likely in an attempt to muffle the uncontrollable sobbing in the background and the insistent beeping that came with it.

Now, an hour later, he was outside his cozy apartment and standing in front of a random tombstone.

'A loving husband, father, and grandparent.'
'In memory of Cedric Hemmingway.'

A cruel pang bit his heart as he stared down at the words etched out on the granite slab. How much those people must've loved him.

A single cigarette was kept wedged between his index and middle finger. Bringing it to his lips, the admin took a long drag, closing his eyes as the plume of smoke trickled out his parted lips.

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
Bury me in the roses and rot; I'll come back thorned.
awards
4,388 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
POSTED ON Oct 19, 2022 16:16:30 GMT
Elisabeth Fiorelli Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","elisatest"]
[attr="class","elisatestbody"]

Elisabeth found herself haunting the cemetery far too often.[break][break]

Floristry offered a rare glimpse into everyday, ordinary intimacies. Pretty flowers served as ephemeral markers for the milestones of life's comings and goings. Peace lilies and chrysanthemums kept silent vigil over freshly-dug graves, while other more barren headstones bore the dust that eventually came with time and neglect.[break][break]

This grave, like all other graves, would find itself bare of ornamentation one day. Interest in the corpse buried beneath would dwindle. Memories would fade, fraying at the seams, and tears would cease to water the flowers that had once bloomed and flourished beneath the headstone.[break][break]

That peace lily blooming on her parents' grave in Kalos would one day perish from her neglect, too. Elisabeth knew this, deep down inside her heart.[break][break]

The mourners had begun to depart and scatter, the sobbing dwindling into shuddering gasps as Elisabeth watched in respectful silence. Composure, mercifully, was welcome at events like this one.[break][break]

Elisabeth preferred funerals to weddings. She believed in the dignity of grief.[break][break]

"Did you know him?"[break][break]

The florist had crossed the damp morning grass like a wraith in a penumbral shroud, wisps of cigarette smoke wafting from the silent figure as she approached him. [break][break]

The two Rocket admin stood side-by-side, like twin gargoyles bearing witness to the passage of death and time.

[break][break]

NOTES

- Mission: Autumn Wind (WW).[break]
- Outfit

[attr="class","elisatestpkmn"]

[attr="class","elisatestcredit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".elisatest"]--accent:#df8c7d;font:12px Poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest b"]color:var(--accent);font:800 14px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest a"]font:12px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest .elisatestbody"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:18px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest .elisatestpkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest .elisatestcredit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest .elisatestcredit a"]font-size:10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
POSTED ON Oct 19, 2022 16:37:14 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
"Not at all."

The hushed words were spoken through another downpour of smoke. Despite the addition of another presence beside him, Felix's half lidded eyes kept fixated forward, down at the remnants of another stranger's life. He wondered if he'd even get to live to that age. Given their unconventional line of work, it often did more damage to fret with concepts like death, as even one stray bullet could be the one to send their bodies to the ground. But, when confronted with realities of it, it was hard to apathetically trudge on, as he normally does every other day.

Reaching into his pocket, the admin fished out his pack of cigarettes and slid an additional stick far enough into Elisabeth's reach. A sign of peace among the half-dead.

"Are you out visiting someone?"

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,388 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
POSTED ON Oct 19, 2022 16:46:40 GMT
[nospaces]

"Not at all. I'm here for work, or was, until a few minutes ago." A thin smile preceded her follow-up explanation. Work was a word that meant different things, depending on whom she was speaking with. "Funerals pair well with flowers. People buy them when they don't know what to say."[break][break]

Elisabeth blinked slowly at his unexpected offering, glancing up to read Felix's expression and finding it unknowable. Hesitantly, she accepted the cigarette, taking it between two pale fingertips. The vice dangled loosely in her grip as she toyed with it, debating on whether or not to light this fuse and inhale its smoke into her lungs.[break][break]

Smoking reminded her of a different ghost, in a different grave, with no flowers to mourn him.[break][break]

"There's a strange peace to places like this," Elisabeth said suddenly. "I find I linger often after the mourners all leave, just to be alone with my thoughts for awhile."

[break][break]

NOTES

- Outfit

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".elisatest u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest .elisatestbody"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:18px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest .elisatestpkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest .elisatestcredit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
POSTED ON Oct 19, 2022 17:06:53 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
"Ah."

Silently, he finally turned to face the woman, years of experience tugging his hands into action. He offered to light the cigarette.

"It's my first time," he admitted. When constantly surrounded by reminders of death, normally, he'd prefer to wait for his own demise before visiting the graves himself. It wasn't as though most of the people he'd come to know would've wanted to see his face again, anyways. It'd just serve as a rude reminder when one's spirit is meant to be resting in peace.

"Is that what I'm supposed to feel then? Peace?"

It was a question more for himself than the florist.

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,388 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
POSTED ON Oct 19, 2022 17:18:03 GMT
[nospaces]
'Supposed to'? What a funny choice of words. Rarely did Elisabeth find what she felt and what she was supposed to feel were one and the same.[break][break]

"Mm. Truthfully, Felix, most people seem to find death uncomfortable," she admitted, turning her emerald gaze to the emptied-out cemetery. "Most people who come here, I think, are already so consumed with thoughts of the dead that being among the living feels inappropriate."[break][break]

For her, it depended on the presence of the dead. This place felt more welcoming than any graveyard in Kalos ever would.[break][break]

The lighter taunted her, kindly extended by an unknowing hand. "It'll relax you, Lisa," another voice murmured, buried in another place and time. "And it's not the worst sin either of us has committed."[break][break]

And here, like then, she allowed herself to acquiesce to the indulgence. The cigarette sparked to life, and she held it in front of her lips, moments from breathing its poison in.[break][break]

"If it's your first time, what brought you here?" She glanced at the tall man out of the corner of her eyes, considering him. "The advent of the potential apocalypse, perhaps?"[break][break]

Her voice was teasing, but its sentiment was as solemn as any grave.

[break][break]

NOTES

- Outfit

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
POSTED ON Oct 22, 2022 6:05:12 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
As silly as it was, the woman's words brought great solace to the stoic man. Maybe, in this one specific way, he wasn't too far off from the average Hoenn citizen lurking around a cemetery at the crack of dawn. Just maybe, despite what most thought, even himself, there were still some ways Felix could be considered normal.

Another blanket of smoke blew out from his slightly parted lips, and with a shaky breath, his gaze slipped back over to Elisabeth. Hollowed, distant, cold, his eyes were vacuums, voided of even the small flickers of emotion she would have already grown to know.

"I got a call this morning,"
The monotonous voice spoke back. " My father passed away in his sleep."

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,388 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
POSTED ON Oct 23, 2022 3:46:49 GMT
[nospaces]
"Ah."[break][break]

In the aftermath of his sudden confession, this single syllable was at first all that Elisabeth could manage to say. It was in this instant she chose to take the obvious excuse in front of her for silence.[break][break]

Elisabeth took a long drag of the cigarette, polluting her lungs in a way that she had already polluted her mind, body, and soul a long, long time ago. She'd skipped this vice after her husband died. A poisoner eager to poison themselves was an irony that was not lost on her.[break][break]

With the exhale of smoke, a semblance of coherence returned to her. [break][break]

"My condolences. Were you close?"[break][break]

Not all deaths were mourned, she knew.

[break][break]

NOTES

- Outfit

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
POSTED ON Nov 11, 2022 8:25:42 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
"No."

Bitterness wrung his words dry. There was no warmth to be found, nor care between his words. But, if one were to squint their eyes and search between the lines, slivers of regret could be found, hidden behind the boulders of arid hatred that burned his throat.

Ash fell from the end of his cancer stick, disgracing the grounds of this unfamiliar grave. It was a shame another man was paying for his father's sins in this way, but at that very moment, Felix couldn't care less than he already did.

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,388 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
POSTED ON Nov 11, 2022 8:58:51 GMT
[nospaces]
"No." [break][break]

A silent understanding formed with that one word. Elisabeth acknowledged the thousands of things unsaid in its admission with a brief nod of her head, averting her eyes from him as she watched coiling wisps of white disperse from her cigarette instead.[break][break]

Hours from now, she'd resent the way the scent of its smoke still clung to the fabric of her clothes, how the burning touch of its memory remained raw and etched in her throat. Most of all, she'd resent how its ashen taste reminded her of another man, one whose twisted love had once poisoned her with a slow, miserable insidiousness of its own that no toxin in her basement could equal.[break][break]

Her marriage was a cancer that only his death could remedy.[break][break]

"There are many deaths I didn't mourn, that the world thought I should have."[break][break]

She'd cried the day she'd found her late husband collapsed dead in his bed, but those tears had sprung from relief. They were born from something more akin to joy than sorrow.[break][break]

It had been disbelief and gratitude that had brought her to the point of breaking. [break][break]

She'd been overwhelmed by the revelation that her life might be her own again.[break][break]

"There is no shame in feeling relief, instead of grief, after someone's passing." The blonde hesitated here for a moment, as if afraid to speak the next words for their blasphemy: "Not everyone deserves to be remembered."[break][break]

Privately, Elisabeth didn't expect herself to be.

[break][break]

NOTES

- Outfit

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
POSTED ON Nov 14, 2022 5:06:14 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
The static was ravenous that hushed October morning. It consumed every thought that dared to flicker, every emotion that dared spark, and every word that even attempted to weasel out.

To Elisabeth's words, The Static twitched against his skull, forcing his fingers to curl tighter around the fragile cigarette until its insides leaked out the other end.

"..."

For a few seconds, a heavy silence fell between them, swaying along with the brisk wind, like the morning's first roll of fog.

When he finally replied, it was not with the normal stoicism that's grown synonymous with his very essence. There's hurt to be found in the way he spoke. It might've been small and fragmented, barely noticeable to most, but it was there.

"I don't know what I feel."

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,388 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
POSTED ON Nov 14, 2022 5:16:47 GMT
[nospaces]
The way the sun bled over the skyline this early in the morning whispered across the horizon with a fiery, burnt tincture. It burned like the embers of 's cigarette, its tip flicking ash against the freshly-turned soil.[break][break]

In the hushed solitude of the cemetery, there was no ambient noise to deafen his vulnerability.[break][break]

After funerals, Elisabeth rarely spoke much to the grieving. She expressed her sympathies with a polite bowing of her head and a practised sad smile, then would depart with the grace and dignity of an observer to some foreign, sacred ritual.[break][break]

Felix was not a stranger.[break][break]

Her hand hesitated for a moment as its cigarette shifted from one palm to another. A halting, uncertain movement of her arm reached towards him as her fingertips alighted on his forearm, and gently squeezed with reassurance.[break][break]

It was no longer natural to her, this giving of comfort. She had unlearned such ordinary physical intimacies a long time ago, because of how swiftly and viciously those weaknesses had once been wielded against her.[break][break]

Elisabeth pretended she had no need for such things, but she didn't pretend others likewise suffered in kind.[break][break]

"It is the rare person who can give name to all that they feel," was her soft reply.

[break][break]

NOTES

- Outfit

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
POSTED ON Nov 14, 2022 6:18:21 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
The warmth that blossomed at his forearm came as a surprise, forcing his eyes to widen and his breathing to hitch. But, unlike this morning's call, it was surprising he welcomed. Appreciated it, even.

While his expression kept solid, his eyes softened at her touch.

"I don't think that's true."

Every thought, every feeling he bleeds, they have always been spoken through action and action alone. Never words.

It isolated him. Made him different for never understanding the emotions which propel people forward.

Slowly, gingerly, he placed his hand over hers, letting what little warmth she provided seep further into his skin.

"I don't remember the last time I've felt like this," he murmured, his voice soft. Barely steady. "I don't know what to do with myself."

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,388 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
POSTED ON Nov 14, 2022 6:28:14 GMT
[nospaces]
Felix's touch was rough and calloused against the softness of her own skin. Cold, coarse. His palm was much larger than her own, and something in it made her feel small, despite the shared station between them.[break][break]

It startled her, the way his hand encompassed her own. [break][break]

This showed in the way she stiffened slightly, her eyes widening a bit to betray the way it had unmoored her. Yet she had bridged this barrier between them first, and in that knowledge, an ease of understanding and an acceptance followed.[break][break]

All human beings craved comfort, just as all flowers inevitably tilted towards the sun.[break][break]

"Maybe that doesn't matter," she said finally, looking away at the nearby tombstone. "There are times we feel something for the first time, no? Or perhaps, we recognize an echo of something we once felt, but it remains something different in the end. Precious few things remain the same, in life."

[break][break]

NOTES

- Outfit

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
POSTED ON Nov 18, 2022 21:50:20 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar

Petite, small, delicate, Elisabeth's hand was barely half the size of Felix's. It was a stark reminder as to how, despite how similar they may be from time to time, she was the break of dawn to his coldest nights. A blossoming springtide breeze to his wretched icy blizzard. Where she exhibited growth in everything she did, Felix remained stagnate. Frozen over by both him and the memories that shackled him.

"I don't have that luxury."

With every word, confidence drained from his voice, melting the steel walls that shielded him. His hand twitched as it further pulled itself over Elisabeth's.

The small movement beckoned at the emotions his words would never dare explain.

"I can't, I--"

It's always been a natural thing. Drown yourself in work until your lungs forget how to breath. But here, beneath the rising sunlight, masked by the rolling fog, Felix's muscle twitch with memory. They ached, desperate to remember what it felt like to swim again. To breathe again. To live again.

Despite the pain of shock that'd come when the oxygen finally poured through his veins and sears his lungs raw, they cried for it.

To feel again; to be human again.

But he couldn't.

There was too much on the line. Too much at stake to protect.

"What do you do to...move pass these feelings."

While his words told one story, his eyes explained another.